PDA

View Full Version : What Equipment Should I get for my Pathfinder Witch? New Player

Mazikeens
2013-09-11, 12:27 PM
So I'm playing pathfinder for the first time, and I'm looking for recommendations on what equipment to buy as a 2nd level witch. I have about 1600 gp to spend, and so far have just been going naked into combat because the task of looking through all the available equipment is so daunting, and I would love some suggestions. I feel like I should purchase a simple weapon as a back up but I'm not entirely sure what that would mean for my class, and I would love some defensive stuff but since armor and shields might cause my spells to fail I'm not sure if that's an option for me. If there are items I should be saving for, I'd love to hear about them too. Are wands like summon monster worth picking up? Pretty much any advice at all would be helpful at my particular rpg experience, so lemme have it!

Arbane
2013-09-12, 11:36 AM
For 1600?

Buy a few more spell scrolls to feed to your familiar.
Get the ever-popular Wand of Cure Light Wounds. Possibly even if your team has a healer already.
Don't bother with a Summon Monster I wand - it takes a whole round to use, and the summon only lasts a round. It's generally not worth it.
When you've got more money, a Lesser Rod of Extend Spell is a good buy, for use with spells like Mage Armor. Pearls of Power are always nice.

SimonMoon6
2013-09-12, 11:43 AM
A broom, a cauldron, and a house made of candy to lure in the children. :smalltongue:

Sorry, I have no actual practical useful advice.

Psyren
2013-09-12, 11:51 AM
If you think your DM might go after your familiar, be sure to grab an external hard drive (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/stone-familiar) to back up your spells.

Barstro
2013-09-12, 12:12 PM
Not sure there's anything that you do need beyond basic outfit and gear other than a cold metal weapon that you will most likely never use.

Given your high INT, you should have enough spells that you already will hardly use that buying additional scrolls for your familiar to eat would be a waste.

My group did not need the CLW wand, but it isn't a bad idea. I'm of the opinion that such an item should be purchased with group funds, though.

Pearl of Power might be useful later on, but you get to spend most of combat using hexes instead of casting spells; it's unlikely that you will run out of spell slots.

Other than that, I'd suggest saving your money. Or loaning some money to other party members at a reasonable interest rate. As mentioned, you want a lesser rod as soon as possible.