PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Justice League Unlimited.

Daimbert
2013-09-11, 02:14 PM
This is the IC thread for the Justice League Unlimited M&M 3rd edition game.

OOC thread is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16002893#post16002893

You'll all start somewhere on the Watchtower as new recruits to the league.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-12, 03:53 PM
Two heroes in powered armor are standing next two each other. One has two weapons in magnetic holsters. The other has a shield strapped to her left arm and a sword in a hip holster. "I can't believe it Knightess, first we get tricked into helping the Chinese building weapons tech and then turn it against them, now we both standing here." the one in green armor says

"Well, thank Green and Red Dragon for that, Awe." Knightess replies

shugyosha
2013-09-13, 10:11 AM
Wind Dragon

The young man worked silently at monitor duty. He looked for a moment at the other two hero and then went back, switching the satellite feed from the eastern sea board of the United States to Southern China and the Korean peninsula.

The_Admiral
2013-09-13, 10:52 AM
James sits in the cafeteria eating. He seems almost enthralled by the large pile of food on his plate.

BananaPhone
2013-09-17, 10:43 AM
Apex

The vast, emptiness of space encapsulated the office window that Apex stood in front of: the black tapestry of infinity peppered with countless stars and woven with nebula and planets.

Hands behind her back, the Kryptonian seemed to stare vacantly into the void, consumed with her own thoughts as the blue-white sphere of earth steadily moved into her field of vision.

Daimbert
2013-09-21, 02:08 PM
As you all go about your various activities, the intercom on the Watchtower activates, and the voice of the Martian Manhunter is heard:

"The following members report to the Monitor Room for orientation:

Apex
Knight
Major A.W.E.
Wind Dragon"

The_Admiral
2013-09-21, 02:38 PM
As he clears out his tray, the intercom blares out, asking a few strange names to report to the monitor room.

On the way to get more food, he realized that they were using their call-signs, not their actual names. Sighing he drops his plate in the bin and begins walking to the monitor room.

shugyosha
2013-09-21, 03:19 PM
Wind Dragon

It doesn't take long for Wind Dragon to answer the summons. Without a word he enters and waits for instructions.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-21, 04:07 PM
"Hmm, he didn't say your name, but he called mine. Do you think he forgot to call you?" Major A.W.E. asked

"Maybe, I am a "sidekick," but I more of a lesser heroine." Knightess replied.

"Well, you are lesser to me."

"Yea, yea, keep talking." A.W.E. then left to the monitor room.

BananaPhone
2013-09-21, 09:59 PM
Apex

Pulled out of her thoughts by the voice in her head, Apex narrowed her eyes as she looked around the room. "I hate it when they do that..." she uttered of all telepaths.

Leaving her office, Apex moved towards the Monitor Room, getting a drink along the way.

Soon she was sitting in one of the plush, comfy chairs, slurping down a coke and looking around expectantly.

Daimbert
2013-09-22, 02:10 PM
The Martian Manhunter looks all of you over as you enter, and while older videos and rumours had him looking fairly stern, he seems much looser and fairly happy now, greeting the world with a little smile instead of a frown ... although he does direct a small frown towards Apex for relaxing so much without knowing what's going on. He also directs a puzzled look at Major A.W.E., saying "Where is Knightess?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-22, 02:29 PM
"You didn't say her name, so she didn't come."

Daimbert
2013-09-22, 02:39 PM
The Martian Manhunter nods at that. "As you are a probationary member of the League, and also the only one who could nominate her, she cannot yet be considered a member of the League. We, in general, expect that you will direct her to participate or not participate in League activities as you see fit, beyond things that are confidential. If she wishes, she may participate in the orientation."

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-09-22, 04:26 PM
A.W.E. nods and activates his comlink "You can come up." he says. Moments later Knightess walks in.

Daimbert
2013-09-23, 03:19 PM
The Martian Manhunter smiles at Knightess as she arrives. "Welcome to the Justice League. Your recruitment gives us a rare opportunity, as we usually either have a large influx of new recruits or recruit individuals. In most cases, new recruits are already working together when they join. However, what we have here is a small group of new recruits, who have not worked together in the past. This allows us to form you into a small team yourselves, to work together as new recruits."

He smiles. "Personally, I am thrilled with this. It seems to take the League back to its roots, a small group of diverse heroes working together to take on serious challenges. But don't worry; no one expects you to live up to the standards of the founding members. At least, not quite yet.

"You will, as you might have surmised, all train and go through your orientation together. It is my hope that after this you will remain together as a subteam in the League. However, that decision will be left up to you. Now, before we begin, are there any questions?"

shugyosha
2013-09-25, 10:37 AM
Wind Dragon

He shakes his head and says eagerly, "No questions, when do we start."

The_Admiral
2013-09-26, 02:58 AM
None from this corner, James says, shrugging his shoulders casually.

Daimbert
2013-09-27, 04:22 PM
Hearing no questions, the Martian Manhunter continues. "I think we'll start you off with a training session, get you all working together and see how that goes."

As you all start down to the training centre, he asks, "Anyone have any requests for a villain to start off with? I can't promise you'll get what you want, but I am open to suggestions."

BananaPhone
2013-09-28, 12:37 AM
Apex

Apex sat quietly and listened to Martians introduction, a yellow eyebrow raised in curiosity. The idea of training didn't exactly appeal to her...been there, done that.

In the training room Jennifer rolled her shoulders inside her Kryptonian armor, the black metal segments across her body rising and falling in a wave as she did so. As she did this, her black cape dangled just inches off of the steel floor.

"Just something that doesn't go down in one hit." she said, her voice deepened through her helmet.

Daimbert
2013-09-30, 02:17 PM
The Martian Manhunter smiles. "I think I can arrange that. And since there are no other requests, is everyone ready to begin? Okay, starting ..."

At that moment, the Watchtower alarms sound, and a voice comes over the intercom. "J'onn, better get up here and bring the recruits. Morgru's attacking Metropolis again."Mr. Terrific reports.

Suddenly, The Martian Manhunter turns deadly serious. "It looks like we won't have time for practice." as you all head up to the Monitor Room.

shugyosha
2013-09-30, 02:47 PM
Wind Dragon

As he follows Wind Dragon takes a moment to tap on his write top computer to bring up data on Morgru.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-10-01, 06:30 AM
A.W.E. was finishing his diagnostic when he was called back to the monitor room. "Guess we'll have to finish our diagnostic on the way." He says to Knightess

The_Admiral
2013-10-01, 06:46 AM
I'm new to all of this, so for clarification sir, will this be an intercept and neutralize? he asks.

BananaPhone
2013-10-01, 09:05 AM
Apex

Rolling her shoulders again, Apex silently darts over to the monitor room, standing there in silence as she watches all of the screens to receive what information she can about the apparent "situation" upon earth.

Daimbert
2013-10-01, 10:29 AM
Martian Manhunter replies, "Well, I guess that's one way to put it. Based on what happened the last time, though, interception won't really be a problem, while neutralization ... well, let's just say that that might be tricky"

shugyosha
2013-10-01, 10:34 AM
Wind Dragon

Doing a quick scan of the report he looks at the martian incredulously. "It took most if the league to neutralize him, what is the game plan?"

Daimbert
2013-10-01, 01:01 PM
Mr. Terrific chimes in, "Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are already on site. They'll be co-ordinating the mission."

Martian Manhunter adds, "We should get going, then. There is no time to lose." and steps onto the teleporter with a few other heroes.

shugyosha
2013-10-02, 12:01 AM
Wind Dragon

He joins the martian on the pad, eager to show his worth.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-10-02, 04:55 PM
A.W.E. and Knightess get on the pad. "Make sure you keep score." he said to Knightess while checking his ammunition.

"Make sure you fall behind on score." Knightess replied while checking the energy emitters on her sword.

BananaPhone
2013-10-02, 11:21 PM
Apex

Already on the pad, Apex watches the others join...resisting the urge to fly down to earth and catch the beautiful view of its rim silhouetted by the sun.

The_Admiral
2013-10-03, 03:06 AM
Sure a lot more comfy than a hot drop, he mutters as he gets onto the teleportation pad, smirking a little.

Daimbert
2013-10-03, 02:48 PM
Mr. Terrific activates the teleporter, and you all see a bright flash, and then suddenly you are in the streets of Metropolis. You can hear the battle in the distance, and catch glimpses of the giant Morgru and his reality-bending powers. Closer to home, Superman is organizing the various heroes into groups.

Batman swings over to you. "J'onn, we need you!" he says, bluntly.

Martian Manhunter replies, "Of course.", and he heads off.

Superman details out the heroes. 'Okay, so of the new arrivals Booster Gold, Zatanna, Huntress, Black Canary, Green Arrow ... you're with me in the second strike force."

He then turns to you. "Apex, Major A.W.E, Knightess, Knight, Wind Dragon, you get ... crowd control."

Booster Gold chimes in with a "Ha-ha!".

The_Admiral
2013-10-04, 11:39 AM
Sir yes sir, I'm assuming our role is managing the evacuation of all noncombat personnel? he replies to the manhunter.

OOC: I liked that episode. Booster Gold stops a black hole monster and nobody belives him.

shugyosha
2013-10-04, 11:54 AM
Wind Dragon

"Where are we sending the general populous? Are there shelters we need to get them to?" he asks.

Daimbert
2013-10-07, 04:52 PM
Superman replies, "No, there isn't time and the battle is too wide-spread for shelters or a directed evacuation. Just keep the civilians moving in an orderly fashion and try to minimize collateral damage and casualties ... and be ready in case we need more backup" And, with that, he and the other members fly off to the battle.

The_Admiral
2013-10-08, 05:48 AM
James salutes in response to Superman as he flies away.

Turning to the group, instinct kicks in as he starts giving out orders All Wind Mag....., sorry everyone with natural or equipped flight abilities take to the air, you'll be acting as spotters, tell us droppers where to direct the civvies, come on, lets move out!

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-10-08, 06:39 AM
A.W.E. looks at James Were you selected leader and I didn't know about it?." he asks. At the back of Knightess emits to golden, hardlight wings.
"CO or no, he has a good plan."
"Didn't say it was bad."

BananaPhone
2013-10-12, 01:44 PM
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh483/tempestII/Ap2S_zps7fa97e21.jpg Apex

Not particularly happy about being ordered about - by Superman nonetheless - Apex raises a yellow eyebrow beneath her helmet, its stealth-gray metal obscuring any vision the outside world had of her face.

The buildings before her faded away into a blue residue as she peered across the land-scape with her X-ray vision - the skeletons of far-off combatants dancing upon the horizon.

Gritting her teeth that she'd be rescinded to "crowd control", she tuned in to what her team-mates were saying as one suggested she and the others fliers take to the sky to provide a birds-eye-view.

"The further they are from the city, the safer they'll be. I'll go get a carry bag." she said to her compatriots, her voice deepened by her mask.

With that, she turned and rocketed off into the sky, her black cape billowing behind her voluminously.

Launched above the city, Apex quickly scanned the docklands area - her eyes falling over the various ships that were parked. Shooting over, she picked a medium size one - her knowledge of human vessels informing her that oil tankers that were brought this close to the human city's were lighter than the mammoths that drifted at sea.

Landing down near one of the parked tankers, her black-armored figure becomes a blur as she snatches up the various anchors that were tethered to the corners of the boats, slinging them around her figure and holding them as if she were a husky pulling a sled. Turning back to the directions she left her team-mates, her chain-laden figure made a move to gently pull herself into the air once more - the baritone whine of the oil-tanker groaning behind her as she bore the brunt to hoist it from the sea.

ooc:
Using her move action to travel to the docks - she can travel 8 miles a round, so it should be fine - that should cover the tanker itself too.

Seems as her array is dynamic, she's also using Quickness to perform things at a faster rate - so she's picking out a parked oil tanker, using her X-ray vision to check to see that it's empty if necessary, then grabbing its anchors and using them to spread the weight of the vehicle so that she can then hoist it from the sea.

Tactically employing her Super-strength for lifting and flying, she can hoist 100,000 tons, so she should be able to manage it.

She's then going to take it back to one of the wide streets in the city, load who they can on it, then take it back to sea to wait out what's going on.

The_Admiral
2013-10-12, 02:11 PM
Of course, some bastard combination of an Earth and Air Magi, why doesn't this surprise me? he rolls his eyes in reply.

Bad idea, battle are mobile, all those civilians in one easily destroyed location, I don't even want to think about it. Keeping them on foot at least they can stay away from the fighting, also they're scared civilians, if my experience tells me anything, last thing we want to do is to pack them like rations. he says, staring at the boat.

shugyosha
2013-10-14, 10:17 AM
Wind Dragon

"Sounds like they should call for a full evacuation," he said. "I'll take to the sky and scout the fights position so we can figure where to direct them." The young hero takes to the air and to locate the fight he'd rather take part in.

Daimbert
2013-10-17, 03:51 PM
Wind Dragon

In the distance, you catch glimpses of the giant Morgru, and see people starting to stream away from the reality bending and head straight down the main street towards the team

Everyone

Scared civilians are starting to stream down the main street that you are on. Seeing Apex and the oil tanker, they start to slow, and some of them start to drift down side streets and away from the very odd sight of an oil tanker in a downtown street.

shugyosha
2013-10-26, 01:22 PM
Wind Dragon

Seeing the rush of people the hero decides to fly down and clear the path a bit. Using gust of wind to push aside cars and other structures to the side, hoping that will help the fleeing people.

The_Admiral
2013-10-31, 05:51 AM
MOVE IT CIVVIES! he shouts, running lightning mana through his body, accelerating it to inhumane speeds.

He runs towards the mass of civilians, stopping near them and directing them away from the raging battle.

OOC: Sorry. I'll be really slow, I'm facing an O levels equivalent paper this, or is it next month depending on where you are.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-10-31, 02:54 PM
A.W.E moves to a different group of of people. He fires a few rounds in the air to get the people's attention and yells "MOVE THAT WAY IF YOU WANT TO STAY AWAY FROM THE FIGHTING!" He points away from the battle with his LMG

Daimbert
2013-11-01, 04:07 AM
All of the fleeing civilians, as one, freeze in place. They see someone carrying an oil tanker and plunking it down in the middle of the street, another person generating massive winds that toss cars and debris around, another person running up much faster than humanly possible and yelling at them, and another person running up to them, firing shots in the air, and yelling at them again. Everything is silent for a number of seconds ... and then suddenly all of the civilians scream in terror and start running AWAY from the heroes. Most of them head into the nearby smaller side streets and alleys in a disorganized mass, but some of them actually head back TOWARDS the battle.

In the crowd (so A.W.E. and Knight):

You hear mutterings during the quiet moment about Wind Dragon:

"Isn't that Wind Dragon? Didn't he go up against the Justice League a while back?"

"He's a villain. He must be attacking us! And the others must be, too!"

The_Admiral
2013-11-01, 04:28 AM
He notices the civilians running towards the battle and runs after them, bypassing them easily as he charges his body with raw lightning mana.

Stopping in front of them he shouts, Turn around please!

OOC: we're incompetent, super incompetent.

BananaPhone
2013-11-03, 06:11 AM
Apex

Glaring through her helmet at these stupid, panicky animals, Apex sought out a sheet of metal upon the helm of the shift - her strength easily enabling her to fold it into a large megaphone-like device.

Darting above the groups of civilians, she held it up to speak through it.

"Civilians - get onto the boat! You will be taken to safety!"

shugyosha
2013-11-05, 10:11 AM
Wind Dragon

Turning his head back he catches sight of people running into alleys and people running back to the danger. Quickly he flies back intercepting the people moving towards the fight. "People, Stop! Turn around and head towards the tanker. I've cleared the streets towards the the ship" he yelled.

If people don't listen he'll use the winds to move debris to block the way.

Daimbert
2013-11-05, 03:14 PM
With the heroes moving into their path and with the yelling, the crowd freezes again, in confusion. There are mutterings from the crowd, partly about them not being sure that these are heroes and not villains, and partly about them not being sure that getting onto an oil tanker is a good idea. Thus, what we have is a group of people standing around here ... and the next wave of people is coming up fast.

BananaPhone
2013-11-05, 08:51 PM
Apex

Glaring down through her mask at this menagerie of stupid cattle that just stared at her blankly.

"Get.Onto.The.Goddamn.Ship so that I can take you to safety, away from the reality-warping horrors behind us all!"

The_Admiral
2013-11-05, 09:59 PM
Taking advantage of the lull of confusion, he shouts as loudly as he can, MOVE IT! trying to get them to move forwards as to not get trampled by the oncoming crowd.

shugyosha
2013-11-06, 12:22 AM
Wind Dragon

"We are with the Justice League, please follow our directions to safety," he shouts again.

Daimbert
2013-11-08, 07:42 AM
The yelling gets people moving again, back down the street. But at least one voice comments "But I don't want to go on the ship!". So, some of the people start to line up in a more or less orderly fashion, while others seem to want to move quickly away from the area, and past the ship.

OOC - I'll need some positioning things here before starting into some of the specific events.

shugyosha
2013-11-08, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing Wind Dragon will be near the end of the line trying to get people to line up orderly.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-08, 03:29 PM
"Goddamn it! If I was working with Military personnel this would go off without a hitch."

"Well, who shot a round in the air? That scares people! You're better than that A.W.E. Right now we got a panicking crowd and we need to fix that.

She flies down to the crowd fleeing in the wrong direction and places her force field in front of them. "Your heading the wrong way."

BananaPhone
2013-11-08, 08:15 PM
Apex

Apex's sensitive ears twiched as she picked up A.W.E's sentence - a sliver of rage running down her spine that was suppressed only by the discipline she'd developed for years on Krypton.

Hovering in the air, Apex kept her senses alert for any incoming danger while watching the flock of humans beneath her being herded onto the oil tanker. She didn't know what she was more repulsed over - playing second rate for the Justice League and being given babysitting duty or the way these civilians just dawdled around like directionless animals.

Her helmet masking any facial expression she might be making - Apex floated around the crowd, offering single sentence encouragements to move onto the ship.

Daimbert
2013-11-13, 11:07 AM
Wind Dragon:

A small boy waves you down. He says "Mister, can you help me? My aunts are in that building over there" as he points to a high rise that's on fire.

A.W.E.:

You overhear a conversation between two pedestrians walking towards the ship, a father and his young daughter.

Daughter: Is Patches going to be all right?
Father: I'm sure Patches will be fine.
Daughter: But he'll be all alone.
Father: We didn't have time to find him before we left, but he'll be fine. I'm sure of it.

Apex:

Civilans start to line up somewhat orderly to get on the ship, but some still move around it and deeper into the city. You'll probably want to guide and ensure that people get on properly.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-13, 03:23 PM
A.W.E. seems to be somewhat touched by the conversation. "What does he look like. I can help"

Daimbert
2013-11-13, 06:52 PM
Let me add one for Knight if he's paying attention:

An elderly woman stops by you. "Excuse me, Mr. Superhero, but I'm trying to get to my daughter's place, and I'm not sure how to get there. They'll worry so much about me if I don't get there, and I want to make sure my grandkids aren't scared by all that's going on."

shugyosha
2013-11-13, 07:51 PM
Wind Dragon

He looks at the flaming building and then at the boy. "What floor?" he asks.

The_Admiral
2013-11-13, 11:26 PM
He turns to the old lady asking, Ma'am, calm down do you have any idea where they are?

Daimbert
2013-11-18, 04:23 PM
A.W.E.

"Um, well, he's a kitten, and has black and white patches, which is why we named him "Patches'." the little girl replies.

Knight

"Well, now, I am calm, sonny, but I'm just bit lost. I ain't senile, you know. I've got this map here showing the bus routes. She lives on this street right here.", the old lady replies, pointing to a street fortunately far away from the battle. The buses might even still be running if she can get further away from the battle.

Winddragon:

"The tenth, Mr, Superhero. You can see the window of my place right there, " the boy replies, pointing at a window in a neaby building.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-18, 04:49 PM
"Where do you live?"

shugyosha
2013-11-19, 12:22 AM
Wind Dragon

"Got it," he says and begins to fly up to window. Using his power he gently blows the smoke away so that he can see. "Hello, Is anyone in there?" he yells.

elemental control
[roll0] Perception

Daimbert
2013-11-21, 05:31 AM
A.W.E.

"In that building over there, 5th floor, apartment 10", the father replies.

Wind Dragon

You are looking into the living room of the apartment. There are a couple of bedrooms off ahead of you, and a small kitchenettte to your right. You don't see any people, and no one answers you.

The_Admiral
2013-11-21, 10:16 AM
He attempts to make sense of the map, fortunately, It's quite similar to the maps he's used to. Looking at the momentum already built up with the evacuation, he says, I think I can get you there, it'll be faster too.

Daimbert
2013-11-22, 09:38 AM
Knight:

"Well, if it isn't too much trouble for you, young man, that'd be very nice of you, " the elderly woman replies.

shugyosha
2013-11-22, 10:56 AM
Wind Dragon

He moves to the bedrooms and calls out "Is any one here?" He'll look in to each of the bedrooms.

The_Admiral
2013-11-22, 11:15 AM
No trouble at all ma'am he replies, picking her off the ground.

He closes his eyes for a moment and when he opens them, they glow white sparking with electricity. Hold on tight ma'am he says as he runs to the street pointed out by her, speed enhanced by lightning mana.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-22, 03:20 PM
"Alright I'll see what I can do." A.W.E. heads to the location, looking for the kitten.

BananaPhone
2013-11-25, 05:32 AM
Apex

Floating above the civilian population, the Kryptonian kept her attention divided between the lines and the conflict roiling upon the horizon. A part of her wanted to abandon the civilians and fly over to the war-zone where her breeding and skills could be put to better use, instead of being shackled with the job of a shepard.

Gritting her teeth beneath her helmet, she drew up years of discipline to steel herself against the temptation of disobeying orders. She had to trust that those above her where better informed to make strategic decisions than she was.

Seeing that her compatriots were tending to the needs of individual civilians, Apex kept watch over the group, her black cape fluttering behind her as she slowly hovered around the lines and waited for the ship to fill.

Daimbert
2013-11-28, 11:50 AM
Wind Dragon:

The first bedroom you look into seems to be that of an adult woman, and contains a small TV, alarm clock, and other items. The second bedroom seems to be that of a small child, and contains nothing of note except for an ant colony on the dresser. You don't see any people in any of the rooms.

Knight:

"Why thank you, son-EEEEE!" the elderly woman exclaims.

When you arrive at the apartment, the woman looks inside and finds it empty. "Oh ... that's right. They went to Florida on vacation and won't be back for a week."

The apartment is outside of the danger area, at least for now.

A.W.E.:

As you look inside the apartment, you hear a plaintive mewling from under the sofa. Looking at it, you can see the small kitten hiding under their, but it hisses as you approach.

Apex:

The ship starts to fill up, and people are starting to push and shove as it becomes clear that not everyone still in line will be able to get on.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-28, 11:56 AM
A.W.E. makes sure the door is shut. "Well, you want to play this the hard way then." He says. He lifts up the couch and moves it to the side. He then attempts to pick up the cat.

shugyosha
2013-11-29, 04:53 PM
Wind Dragon

He looks at the ant farm and shakes his head. Grabbing it Wind Dragon returns to the boy. "Is this what you were looking for?"

Daimbert
2013-12-10, 07:33 AM
I'll just move it along then.

Apex: Ship's full. People move on past it.

Knight: The old woman thanks you profusely and goes inside, presumably to wait out the disaster here.

A.W.E.: As you pick up the kitten, it latches onto your arm with its claws, clasping tightly.

Wind Dragon: The little boy exclaims "You saved my ants! Thank you Batman!" and runs off.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-12-11, 07:37 AM
A.W.E. heads back to the family to return the kitten.

shugyosha
2013-12-11, 10:31 AM
Wind Dragon

He chuckles and says, "you're welcome, now get to safety." Then he flies upward to direct people.

The_Admiral
2013-12-11, 11:58 AM
Knight returns to the evacuation, commiting the old lady's location to memory as he continued assisting in the evacuation, moving the civilians away from the raging battle.

OOC: Sorry, I have no idea how to do this. :smallredface:

Daimbert
2013-12-12, 08:03 AM
Knight: The family pries the kitten from your arm and thanks you profusely, and moves on.

(OOC: I'm just going to move everything along here, as it seems to be boring everyone.)

The ship is cleared from the streets and moved out of the danger zone, and Apex returns. Things move along fairly smoothly and uneventfully, and soon the four of your are just standing in a deserted street, where you can hear but not see the running battle.

(OOC: And speaking of boring ... this part, right here, is a chance for your characters to talk and interact with each other, which is the main point of this whole introductory session. Something else is indeed going to happen, but right now is for characterization, so PLEASE use it [grin])

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-12-12, 08:59 PM
Knightess looks around, but finds no civilians, so she lands next to A.W.E. She says "Guess what, I am" a prophanity filter bleeps out the next word "-ing bored. It's nice helping people, but I want to help by taking out the problem." A.W.E. turns around.
"I feel ya, love, but red tape bull-" BEEP "is red tape bull-" BEEP.

shugyosha
2013-12-12, 09:36 PM
Wind Dragon

The young hero floats down. "You shouldn't take it personally, chums. We haven't trained with the rest of the JLA, so we are unknowns. And I for one can understand Batman's reluctance to send us in. Plus saving lives is important." he says in an irritatingly good humor.

The_Admiral
2013-12-12, 09:49 PM
Well, orders are orders, we let the experts do their jobs. First thing I learn't as a Magus is to not interfere with Deus

Daimbert
2014-01-01, 07:10 AM
Things become very quiet, except for the distant booms and crashes from the battle. You are all sitting around silently, morosely, in your own thoughts and little conversations.

Suddenly, you see a streak of fire flit across the sky, crashing down in front of you, and exploding in a burst of fire that quickly dissipates. Expecting to see a chunk of battle debris, you are surprised to see that from the fire emerges a young woman dressed in a skin-tight magenta outfit. She shakes her blue hair back behind her, and yells: "Finally, I'll prove myself to the world by destroying the Justice League!"

She then looks and seems to notice you for the first time, pauses, and says "Who the heck are you?!?"

The_Admiral
2014-01-01, 09:04 AM
Lieutenant James Randall, Rank Six Magi of the Magus arm, callsign, Knight. he replies grinning as he enters into a combat form, his eyes glowing white with Lightning Mana.

Assume fire magi, offence oriented, large area attacks. he muttered to himself as he scanned the surroundings.

Initiative
[roll0]

shugyosha
2014-01-01, 12:33 PM
Wind Dragon

"Excuse me ma'am," he says as she slowly flies in to greet the intruder. "If you have any grievances with the Justice League, perhaps we can talk it through."

Alright, I'll take the sucker punch to start off this fight.
Wind Buffet: Toughness 16, parry dogde 6

init
[roll0]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-01, 01:27 PM
A.W.E. raised his Sniper Rifle and adjusted his scope. "You got a problem with the Justice League, then you have a problem with us. Major A.W.E., the Advanced Warfare Specialist. I highly recommend surrender before you get a bullet in your skull."

Knightess raised her blade "They call me Knightess, and I want you to surrender, but I'd love for you not to. Much more fun."

Daimbert
2014-01-04, 02:57 PM
She sneers at all of you. "Nobodies."

And then closer at Wind Dragon, "And not even a has-been, but a never-been."

She then smiles. "Well, I could use a warm up before the main event anyway. You, there, Knight ... take your best shot. I dare you."

The_Admiral
2014-01-05, 12:34 PM
His fingers spark as a bolt of lightning flies from them right at the woman as he shouts, SCATTER! HIT HER ON ALL SIDES!

Following his own advice he runs off out of her line of sight, his legs glowing with electricity.

To Hit
[roll0]

DC 20 save

DC 14 save against Dazzle.

Daimbert
2014-01-05, 03:04 PM
The bolt hits her, and seems to dissipate over some kind of shield she has wrapped around her.

"Hitting and running are we? Hardly gallant behaviour for a Knight", she laughs.

Daimbert
2014-01-05, 03:07 PM
Roll: [roll0]

Daimbert
2014-01-05, 03:09 PM
And the forgotten Dazzle roll:

[roll0]

The_Admiral
2014-01-05, 06:37 PM
Sorry, but that callsign refers to the chess piece. What d'ya expect, I'm spec ops. he continues, moving rapidly as to not be pinpointed.

He has a move of 250 feet per round. Anyway, how did the force field dissipate the blast? First is a roll against AC then she makes a toughness roll against the DC of my attack which is 20. Unless her toughness is high enough to make a DC 20 on a 3.

shugyosha
2014-01-07, 10:11 PM
Wind Dragon

When the Knight started his attack WInd Dragon took to the air, getting him out of the line of fire and also giving him room to fire off a torrent of air that shoves the blue haired woman into the nearest wall..

Move Action: fly 120 ft away.
Standard Action: Hurricane Blast DC 26 + 6 ranks of flight

Daimbert
2014-01-09, 05:03 PM
The woman is pushed backwards, but a lot slower than expected, and bumps into the wall with no sign of any damage from either the blast or the collision with the wall.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-09, 05:16 PM
A.W.E lines up his shot. He takes a deep breath, aims his crosshairs at his target's head, and fires a round

[roll0]+17 (reason why I rolled without midfier is that I crit on a 16-20

Daimbert
2014-01-09, 06:29 PM
The woman doesn't manage to dodge the bullet, but it still pings off some kind of field right in front of her face. She seems a bit shaken, and then says "Well, maybe I'll have to actually do some work after all" and attacks A.W.E.

Daimbert
2014-01-10, 04:37 PM
A.W.E.

You feel an immense pressure on your mind, a piercing blow invading your psyche. You try to resist, but it overwhelms you, leaving you staggered.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-10, 06:11 PM
A.W.E. clutches his head furiously as the mental attack harms him. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-11, 05:20 PM
"HEY BITCH!" Knightess charges at the villian and swings with rage. "I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN KICK HIS ASS!"

[roll0] Damage 11

Daimbert
2014-01-12, 05:22 AM
Again, the attack hits, but is deflected by the unseen force field, although Knightess seems to feel it giving a little before it deflects the attack.

The_Admiral
2014-01-12, 07:37 AM
The land around James' feet sparks as he again launches himself in the direction of the woman, hands sparking with electricity. Another bolt is released at her as he dashes into cover out of her line of sight.

To Hit
[roll0]

DC 25 Toughness save.

Daimbert
2014-01-13, 05:46 AM
The bolt is again dissipated by the strange field. "Aw, look at the cute horsie, jumping in and out of the fight!", the woman laughs.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-15, 03:02 PM
Knightess continues to swing at her.

[roll0]

Daimbert
2014-01-16, 06:05 PM
The sword bounces off the field again, more firmly this time.

The woman says, "Are you still here?" and concentrates on Knightess.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-16, 06:09 PM
Kinghtess does the same as AWE; she clutches her head as she feels the pain.

shugyosha
2014-01-17, 07:47 AM
Wind Dragon

A pea soup fog forms around the woman. With her vision impaired he flies around to get behind her.

60' radius conceal all vision.

The_Admiral
2014-01-21, 08:01 AM
Another flash of lighting flies by as a voice rings out, Hey Death doesn't remember how I move, I think that's an accomplishment as a bolt of lighting flies at her.

[roll0]

DC 25 TOughness and DC 14 ref against dazzle.

Daimbert
2014-01-21, 11:13 AM
You can't see the result of the attack, but since you don't hear any cries of pain or confusion you're pretty certain that it didn't hit.

shugyosha
2014-01-24, 10:40 AM
Wind Dragon

Once repositioned he drops the fog and fires off another torrent of air.

Drop fog
Hurricane Blast: DC 26 + 6 ranks of flight

Daimbert
2014-01-24, 04:44 PM
Caught by surprise, she's blown into the air ... but then recovers to hover in the air.

Daimbert
2014-01-25, 04:39 PM
She turns to Wind Dragon. "Your turn!".

shugyosha
2014-01-28, 11:17 PM
Wind Dragon

He holds his head as a wave of pain rushes through him. As painful as it is he remains aloft.

I really think it is excessive to roll init every turn.
[roll0]

The_Admiral
2014-02-07, 04:22 PM
"One question, why are you so tough?" he snarks at the woman, proceeding to dash past her and release a bolt of lightning in her direction.

To Hit
[roll0]

DC 27 toughness

DC 14 fort against dazzle.

sorry this has been sitting open in my browser for some time.

Daimbert
2014-02-07, 05:37 PM
She is unfazed by the attack again. "Why am I so tough? Because I'M a somebody, and you're all nobodies.

She stops and then looks down at all of you. "Really, it's pathetic. Did you focus on nothing more than simple brute force? Is there no intelligence among any of you?"

She decides to taunt you this turn instead of attacking.

shugyosha
2014-02-08, 05:02 PM
Wind Dragon

Tapping his comm, the young hero says, "Jonn, we have a new player here. She is extremely tough and has a grudge against the League. Do you copy?"

Commanding the wind as cold as the arctic a maelstrom of ice and frost descends down on the foe.

Ice Storm:
area effect vision (-5)
linked area effect affliction: Impede/Immoble DC 19 vs Str
linked area effect affliction: Fatigued, Stunned, Incapacitated DC 16 vs Fort cumulative.

Daimbert
2014-02-08, 05:26 PM
The cold and wind finally seems to break through her field, and she freezes in place ... and then seems to succumb to the cold. "Oh ... crap!" she says, and loses consciousness.

J'onn answers, "Please provide details on your situation"

The_Admiral
2014-02-09, 07:41 AM
"So, if you're somebody, why don't we know your name?"

shugyosha
2014-02-11, 10:42 AM
Wind Dragon

A bit surprised that it worked so well he is at a loss for words for a second, "Ah Jonn, she seems subdued. I'll send you video feed for identification," he says then taps his wrist console. "She displayed some type of mental blast, flight, and might have super strength as well. Do you want us to restrain her and bring her to a holding cell in the watch tower?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-02-11, 03:43 PM
A.W.E. and Knightess get their senses back. A.W.E. turns to Knightess and says "Knightess, you alright?" she nods.
"Yea, I'm fine."

Daimbert
2014-02-12, 08:46 AM
J'onn replies, "Please. Especially since it seems like the battle against Morgru has wound down as well. I'm quite interested in learning if this was related or just a coincidence."

shugyosha
2014-02-12, 09:18 PM
Wind Dragon

Pointing his wrist top camera at their captive he says, "You getting this? Does she look familiar Jonn?"

Daimbert
2014-02-13, 04:22 PM
At that moment, Superman and Batman arrive.

"J'onn patched us into the conversation. Do you recognize her, Batman?" Superman says.

"No, but that's what I was expecting.", Batman replies.

The_Admiral
2014-02-19, 07:10 PM
"What were you expecting sir?"

Daimbert
2014-02-20, 06:30 AM
"I was expecting her to be someone that we hadn't run into before", Batman replies.

"And don't call me sir."

The_Admiral
2014-02-20, 09:30 AM
"Sorry, force of habit, s..." he replies, stifling the Sir at the last second.

shugyosha
2014-02-20, 03:21 PM
Wind Dragon

"I think the more exact question is why were you expecting anything at all?"

Daimbert
2014-02-20, 05:57 PM
Superman replies, "We weren't actually expecting anything before your report, but once your report came in ... well, let's just say that the set-up seems awfully familiar."

"If oddly timed, "Batman finishes.

shugyosha
2014-02-26, 06:39 PM
Wind Dragon

"Morgru was a diversion to get her here? That's a powerful diversion," he says incredulously. "Okay, J'onn ready for transport."

I'm ready to go on.

Daimbert
2014-03-02, 05:20 PM
Superman looks like he wants to say something, but Batman stops him.

"Maybe we'll tell you more at the Watchtower", Batman says.

Shortly thereafter, you all return to the Watchtower.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-03-02, 05:28 PM
A.W.E. and Knightess holster their weapons. "That was a bit dull for my taste, but, hey, we got the job done and saves many lives."

The_Admiral
2014-03-05, 11:17 AM
Dull? Dull's good, dull's safe, dull means you aren't going to be running for your life or stuck in a bunker running defensive action for months on end.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-03-09, 06:07 PM
"You sound like my old C.O., he always said 'Exciting or no, an easy mission is the best. High chance of success and low chance of injury or death.' The man needed to lighten up. Pull that pole called red tape out of his ass."

The_Admiral
2014-03-09, 09:11 PM
"You've never seen anything more serious than a bushfire have you?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-03-10, 04:44 PM
"Well, I was pinned down by a pair of LMGs and an enemy squad back in the middle east while in a skirmish with some Terrorists back in my military days. Other than that, when I realized me and Knightess here were making our suits for the Chinese instead of for the United States, we had to break out of there ASAP before the one who was running the show, Black Dragon, knew we found out about him and his Chinese allies. Those were the most dangerous things I have done, but not the most exciting."

The_Admiral
2014-04-02, 04:03 AM
Pfft, you're lucky whatever you do, just don't pray for more exiting things.