PDA

View Full Version : Fate Core(Free Download) - Elements of Conflict

aldnod
2013-09-11, 04:16 PM
I am making a game with an avatar : last airbender kind world. Using the Fate (http://www.evilhat.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=fate+core) You must play a human and we start at the default power level. This is found at the bottom of page 45. This system if free to download and the link is from their website. This thread is for building players. Please post your character sheet information if your interested. You can hold off on the cross path aspect stories until you see other players if you like. You must take an aspect for each element you intend to use(there isn't only one who can use multiple). If you don't take one, you start the game with an extra refresh(but will lose it if you take one later).

I chose the fate system because it has loose rules and it makes it easier to do what you want. There are no levels or classes. There is advancement however. However, your advancement is faster in story than in stats. Your characters may stay as you created them through the whole campaign, but that is normal.

The world isn't separated into elemental nations. Instead there will be three nations plus a untamed area. You will all start in the same nation. The ability to use magic is rare and being able to cast multiple elements is rarer. Spells will be controlled by the lore skill you will take mental stress by casting them. This will be a medieval setting with a faction with steam based technology. I will post more about the world once we have some more players. If you have questions feel free to ask.

erikun
2013-09-11, 05:04 PM
If you are looking for players, you'd probably be best doing so in the Finding Players (Recruitment) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51) forum. Most people looking to play a game will be over there. The last sticky (Guide to Play by Post Games) also has a general questionnaire which is useful to ensure that everyone is on the same page that you're recruiting, if you want to use it.

You can just report your post (the triangle with !) and put down that you'd like to have it moved to get the thread in the right place.

Other than that, good luck! :smallsmile: It sounds like an interesting game, so I hope it goes well.