PDA

View Full Version : Quorbred Question? LA?

CyberThread
2013-09-11, 10:04 PM
Quorbred can be found in Secrets of Sarlona, I have seen a few builds suggest using it, if you want or need to kill psionics, but something that is add for me. Unlike the Quorbound, which has a Level adjustment of "-" , Quorbred does not even have a slot for Level Adjustment, yet folks are still suggesting it?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-09-11, 10:08 PM
I don't have my books at hand, but I guess people suggest it because it is a kick ass template (fluff not-withstanding), but people sometimes forger that No listed LA=/= 0 LA.

herrhauptmann
2013-09-11, 11:43 PM
Quorbred have an LA +2
It's at the very end of their entry.

Mithril Leaf
2013-09-12, 02:59 AM
I don't have my books at hand, but I guess people suggest it because it is a kick ass template (fluff not-withstanding), but people sometimes forger that No listed LA=/= 0 LA.

Do you have an actual rules quote for that in regards to templates? Because in the section of the SRD regarding reading templates (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#readingATemplate) it says:

A template’s description provides a set of instructions for altering an existing creature, known as the base creature. The changes that a template might cause to each line of a creature’s statistics block are discussed below. Generally, if a template does not cause a change to a certain statistic, that entry is missing from the template description. For clarity, the entry for a statistic or attribute that is not changed is sometimes given as "Same as the base creature."
This would seem to indicate that is there is no listed LA that does in fact mean the template is 0 LA.

Vaz
2013-09-12, 04:27 AM

Incorrect.

No LA mentioned means that you do not change the base creatures LA. If the base creature does not have an LA, then it's not eligible (NA+0 is still NA). However, if the Base Creature DOES have an LA stated (LA0, or LA+X whatever), then applying a template which does not have a stated LA does not change that.

In before Paragon template/Unseelie Fey/Spellstitched arguments.

Studoku
2013-09-12, 04:38 AM
Incorrect.

No LA mentioned means that you do not change the base creatures LA. If the base creature does not have an LA, then it's not eligible (NA+0 is still NA). However, if the Base Creature DOES have an LA stated (LA0, or LA+X whatever), then applying a template which does not have a stated LA does not change that.

In before Paragon template/Unseelie Fey/Spellstitched arguments.
You realise saying "In before (argument which completely refutes my point) doesn't somehow make that argument invalid, right?

Because it looks like you're saying players should be able to play as Paragon Humans at LA+0 which is obviously not intended.

Vaz
2013-09-12, 05:03 AM
Check the ECL of a the paragon and pseudonatural creatures in the ELH. Compare that to the base creatures. Extrapolate.

But yeah, I can see where you might be mistaken, after all it IS WotC, that notorious company for making useless things or errors, in a 3.0 transition book? Spellstitched is intended for NPC's, but prior to Necropolitan it was bad to be undead, while Umseelie Fey is Dragon Mag.

You don't play by pure RAW, you change rulings to make sense, or ban broken things. Hence no Paragon Humans.