PDA

View Full Version : SAGA: In the Shadow of Titans (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thundercracker
2013-09-12, 02:43 AM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Opening Crawl (http://starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/?cs=skg2d4s5e6)

The Muiridon system is in turmoil. After years of bloody civil war, an uneasy peace has settled between the planets of Muiridon and Kalatar as they recover from the wounds inflicted in the recent conflict.

The Galactic Triumvirate has placed trade sanctions on both planets, in an effort to stem the atrocities committed on the innocent populations.

Both planets are hungry to rebuild their economies and war machines, and have have turned to the notorious criminal organization the Syndicate as well as the Hutts to bring in the sensitive materiel.

Alongside them, hundreds of independent smugglers and mercenaries have descended on the system, lured by the promise of credits, all seeking to make their fortune....

Episode I: In the Shadow of Titans

Sullust

The sun beat down through the acrid volcanic haze onto the exposed docking pad number 37. Spaced every hundred meters or so, the pads were mostly occupied; the space port was a bustle of activity, with the sound of repulsorlifts and main thrusters intermingling to form a cacophony of sound. The port inspector, a young Sullustan wearing a slightly wrinkled uniform, absently wiped some dust from his datapad and checked the figures. The ship, an older YT-1300 model, was scheduled for departure in the next thirty minutes, but nobody had yet arrived. He really hoped they were on time, he had another ship scheduled to land in just under an hour, and rescheduling on short notice was always a mess of red tape.

"I'll check back in twenty minutes," he thought, moving on to pad 38.

dancrilis
2013-09-12, 09:45 AM
Lucy

Ah freedom she thought, open space her own ship, droids and time.

Without family around to tell her to do this or that, or speak to this person or that person - being her own boss was nice.

Or at least it was nice for a while - space got lonely after a bit when your only companions were binary speaking droids focused on there tasks - the R2 had a temper and the B2 was somewhat shy - she would have expected the reverse.

The bathing facilities weren't great either - a temperamental sonic shower was the last thing you needed after spending all day at the helm.

Still it was her ship and she loved it.

She was on Sullest as the final part of a leg trip to the Muiridon/Kalatar system - there were opportunities there to secure some alliances, maybe get some trade deals or purchase an early patent or two on items developed. Always nice of people to force other people to be desperate so that you could trade with them easily - she was channelling her father there she knew, her brother also.

She didn't speak Sullustese so she wasn't here to more then refuel and get some info on the status of the aftermath of the conflict, and recruit some people if they wanted to make the trip.

Hirelings could be useful, partners better - if they were reasonable, and even simply people wanting a life if they would pay for it, she had placed an ad to that affect also. If someone wanted to be hired or to work as a partner they could see it and negotiate she figured.

For that reason she was in the cantina - enjoying a cold glass of water, to interview potential candidates.

Wearing an military jacket and pants faded with age and with no insignia - she enjoyed the music and ambient atmosphere, and casual conversation, she didn't have much time left before she would be landed with a fine - but she would enjoy the time she had.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-12, 10:02 AM
"Come on!" a large Geonosian snapped in his native tongue, his wings buzzing slightly at his irritation. Ketesh was stuck in a crowded terminus, hundreds of beings going every which way and making it highly difficult for him to move. He slowly pushed forward, only to be hit from the side by some careless being. He snapped his head to the side to berate the careless fool, but there were so many different beings that he couldn't tell who was who.

Damn this place. he thought, fluttering his wings again. Much to his surprise, they hit something. Looking down, he saw an immature Sullustan, its hand around one of his belongings. "Pickpocket!" he snarled in basic, raising a hand to punish the child. It was too quick and practiced for that though. It easily ducked under some being's legs, vanishing from Ketesh's sight.

"That's it! I've had it with this bantha pudu!" he shouted in Geonosian. Above the sounds of so many other beings going this way and that, talking along the way, nothing of his voice could be heard from more than a few feet from him. Ketesh ducked down, bracing his powerful legs. With a shove, he launched himself into the air. Before gravity could catch up with the Geonosian, his wings buzzed rapidly, holding him aloft.

Something hit his foot. "Hey, watch it!" came a heavily accented voice. Ketesh looked down, noticing a particularly tall Quarren below. He simply rose higher, above the crowd. From that vantage point, he could see thousand sof beings going every which way. Most were Sullustans, but he saw Quarren, Humans, Zeltrons, Kel Dor, and Rodians. From on high, he could even see a repulsorlift platform bearing a Hutt, surrounded by Nikto pushing their way through the surrounding crowd.

Remembering his goal, Ketesh turned and flew off. From the air, travel was so much easier, and he made excellent time. Soon enough he spotted the landing pad, and hovered over to it. He set down gently next to the freighter, looking around.

Noedig
2013-09-12, 10:37 AM
Mikael liked this planet. It was warm, and lava was very interesting to watch. The ever present ash was a little like snow on his homeworld, but harder to shape. His ash-man had fallen apart almost as soon as he had built it. Mr. Kindler liked it here too and that made them both happy. However, it was time to leave. The ad for a trip back to the Muiridon/Kalatar system was exactly what he was looking for. He stood and brushed the ash from his shoulders and shook his hat free of the fluffy grey silicate. The cantina was a short walk into the spaceport, and it would not due to be late. He hefted his bag to one shoulder and set out up the pumice strewn path.

He'd chosen to wear his suit for this encounter, knowing how easy it was to lose a job based on first impressions. He stepped inside and removed his breath mask. The smell of sweat, alcohol and heat filled his nostrils. The cantina was crowded and it set him on edge. He could see the exits though, and that helped calm his nerves a little. He meandered through the cantina, looking for the person who had placed the ad. He found the appropriate table and saw that a young woman was already seated, likely another person following the ad.

He doffed his hat to her and set his bag down. A small part of him reminded him what he looked like, and that she would be rude, but he crushed it down.

"Hello! May I sit here?"

The 'may' came out more as 'ay'. It was annoying difficult to say B's, F's, M's, P's, V's, W's and Y's when you lacked lips. Mikael Flint could hardly pronounce his own name.

MintyNinja
2013-09-12, 10:50 AM
Surrj checked his datapad one last time. There's turmoil brewing up between Muiridon and Kalatar. It's my best option as of now, he thought to himself as he sat at the bar of the spaceport cantina. The ad said to meet a 'Lucy' here for an interview, she was one of the few independents heading into that system and he could use a lift.

He spotted the yellow-haired woman sitting at a table with a glass of clear fluid. Another person was sitting with her, a heavily scarred man. It was almost difficult to place his species, but Surrj settled on 'human-enough'. The large Trandoshan paid for his drink and approached the table of the two humans.

"Muiridon? Kalatar?" he said by way of greeting. If they looked confused then they weren't the ones to meet. Otherwise he would just do the introductions after.

Noedig
2013-09-12, 11:00 AM
Mikael turned at the sound of the voice. A large trandoshan was the source. He blinked once, then remembered his manners and offered a hand.

"Yes. Mikael Flint. And you are?" He carefully pronounced his name, the M and the F being difficult.

MintyNinja
2013-09-12, 11:05 AM
"Surrj. Hunter of marked men," he replied to the scarred man. He took a seat and turned to the yellow-haired woman saying, "You must be the captain. I am interested in joining you on your travels to this system. Many great hunts await me, and having someone like me on your ship can only bring fortune to you."

Athany
2013-09-12, 11:37 AM
As Sylvie stopped at an open terminal in the spaceport, she paused to take a deep breath. Only one last stop before Muiridon, she thought to herself. Then the real work begins. I still don't understand how Dezi could have gotten into my accounts, but that's the best place to start looking.

Tapping the screen to search through the listings on the terminal, one catches her eye. Looking for partners for a venture to Muiridon? Sounds like some of the people I used to recruit. That thought makes her take a quick look around her, but it doesn't seem as she's attracting any undue attention. Well, at the very least, this'll give me passage there without having to pay a single credit. Hmm, I guess she'll probably like Elena the most. Okay, the Blue Sky cantina is just west of here, let's see what I can work out with this Lucy Skyfire.

Leaving the terminal, towing her two suitcases behind her, she quickly ducks into a nearby refresher, locking the door behind her. After checking quickly for any nearby surveillance devices as is her habit, she undresses, then closes her eyes and concentrates. Instantly, her skin begins to ripple quite rapidly, before settling into a new form, that of a young Bothan. Picking a simple outfit out of her suitcase, she puts it on, snapping her bracer computer to her left wrist. With a quick look at the mirror, she leaves the refresher, a new lady.

The cantina is only a short walk away, and as Sylvie enters and scans the room, she quickly spots someone matching the description of the person she's looking for. Suppressing a frown as she notices the two creatures already at Lucy's table, she adopts a shy, nerdy persona as she approaches her prospective employer, still standing. "Ms. Skyfire? I'm Elena. I saw your ad, and um, would you need a computer slicer? I'm pretty good." As she waits for a response, she discretely takes a peek at her potential competition. Neither of them looked like slicers, which was a relief.

dancrilis
2013-09-12, 12:22 PM
Lucy

As people started to gather she did a quick calculation, herself and another to crew the ship - normally the R2 unit - and 6 passengers, but droids took up little space so she could really have seven of them if needed.

With the Geonosian she had been in contact with and these three she would still have plenty of room - if she decided to take them.

The first was a badly burned man - which could mean anything from a war hero to an arsonist to a criminal punishment on some planets - it was unpleasant but not something to judge the man on.

"Sit" she offered in invite to his initial question, she wondered why he said no more when a large Trandoshan arrived and bluntly stated his intentions, she nodded taking a sip of her water, business soon but getting a handle on them first made sense.

The two men were cordial at any rate - a good sign of character, unless this was an act to steal her stuff played by them - one could never be too careful.

When the Bothan approached and asked if she needed a slicer she quirked her eyebrow, the woman seemed diffident - which was fine - but non-assertive people normally didn't want to travel around the galaxy with strangers in her mind.

Putting the glass down and to pushing it to the side "thanks all for answering the ad. So as mentioned I am offering transport - cost is low, manners are expected - if we get along I might clear the cost and offer jobs or a partnership for my time in that sector", looking at the three "500 credits per five days transport - it is not luxurious. But if we get along I might wave that".

"I will need to see id so I can run a check - don't want to be carting criminals in any of the areas I pass through, and setup a standing order for payment cancel by myself - funds will be taken at the end of the voyage", the money would be nice but the contacts were more important - if they were worth keeping.

Looking at the Bothan woman "I am ok at it myself - but it is useful to have backup at times".

Noedig
2013-09-12, 01:53 PM
Mikael stood and offered his seat to the newcomer.
"Elena, was it? Mikael Flint. Please, have a seat. And Ms. Skyfire, how long would you say the trip from here to there would take? I am not familiar with the route."

MintyNinja
2013-09-12, 05:59 PM
The trandoshan nodded politely at the newcomer, careful not to mention or stare at her beard. When Lucy laid out the terms, he took a moment to consider the deal from both ends before saying, "For now, this will work. Perhaps partnership will be a possibility afterwards."

Qazarar
2013-09-12, 06:25 PM
Maren looks at his datapad again. It seems there is a ship scheduled to leave for the Muiridon Kalatar system in less than half an hour. It seems luck is on his side today.
He checks his blaster before heading toward the docking bay the transport was listed as being in, hurrying somewhat, not wanting to be left behind.

Athany
2013-09-12, 08:34 PM
As Lucy details her offer, Sylvie has to work to maintain her unassertive facade. What kind of bait and switch is this? she thinks to herself. This smells like the sort of employment scams our nooberlings would be expected to run. Let's see if this girl is for real.

"Um, pardon me," she responds timidly. "I got the impression from your ad that you were looking for some help for your venture. But now it seems like you're just looking for passengers to pad your credstick as you travel to Muiridon." Letting a little arrogance seep into her voice, she starts to fiddle with the computer on her wrist. "Perhaps there are better opportunities here for a skilled slicer such as myself. After all, if you suddenly decide that we don't 'get along', you'll simply pocket your fee and I'll have nothing to show for it."

She turns her head slightly towards the others, still not looking directly at them. "What will you guys do if she decides not to actually hire or partner with you on when you arrive?"

Henry the 57th
2013-09-12, 09:29 PM
Ketesh is hanging upside down from the bottom of the ship, resting, when he notices a Duros arriving at the platform. He climbs down, deciding that getting to know his shipmates would not be a bad idea. "I am Ketesh." he says in Basic, "Who are you?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-12, 09:55 PM
"It will be dealt with then," Surrj responds to the bearded Bothan lady. He couldn't actually afford the 500 cr as of right now, so the payment occurring after the trip was in his favor. "I'm sure, that in such troublesome times as these, we'll find a way to make ourselves useful." Perhaps the bearded Bothan lady was not as used to traveling out here, so far from Bothawui. She might be overly wary for the entire trip, if she is taken along.

Qazarar
2013-09-12, 10:42 PM
Marren is mildly startled by the appearance of the insect-like humanoid, but attempts not to show it. "My name is Marren," he says. "I was seeking passage to this ship's destination. Would you happen to be doing the same?"

Henry the 57th
2013-09-13, 12:01 AM
"I am." Ketesh says. "I am," he struggles for a moment, wracking his brain for the word. "Pleased to meet you. Why are you seeking to go to worlds wracked by war and sanctions?"

Noedig
2013-09-13, 12:50 AM
Mikael folded his hands and clicked his teeth shut. Several very unpleasant images flicked through his mind and he had devote considerable willpower to keeping quiet. As it was, he adjusted his glasses and placed his hat on his knee.

"That would not be ideal."

He cleared his throat.

"But Lucy here seems an honest sort, so we aren't worried."

dancrilis
2013-09-13, 05:01 AM
Lucy

Thinking about Mikael's question, "ideally it would be less than five days - assuming that the hyper-drive doesn't act up", considering "tell you what 500 low end to 1000 high end regardless of time, you are to take care of your own needs - food won't be provided".

Nodding to the trandoshan "excellent - if I can see your id" glancing to Mikael "and yours. It will only be a casual check of your info" offering a smile "don't want to find out I am dealing with pirates".

Looking to the Bothan woman "there may well be better opportunities for you alright, likely none that are going to the Muiridon/Kalatar system in the near future however" she was careful to name both to avoid appearing to favour one "and for those that are I doubt there are any nearly as cheaply offering storage. Now if you aren't interested in going to a conflict region - and I wouldn't blame you for that - and just want to see a bit of the universe. Well I wish you all the best - on the other hand if you are interested in going there for whatever reason please remember that few things come free - or cheap" no point in antagonising people.

She had set her prices low to avoid this kind of conversation, let here she was anyway - a slicer could be useful, but she was competent at that herself. So she didn't really need the woman - or her potentially non-existent money.

Noedig
2013-09-13, 11:46 AM
Mikael reached into his pocket and pulled out his ID card.

"This arrangement to be agreeable. I can move to the ship now, if you like."

MintyNinja
2013-09-13, 03:53 PM
Surrj reached into an inside pocket of his long coat and retrieved his datapad. After pulling up his credentials he passed the computer to Lucy. "If all is in order I'll bring my swoop bike to the ship."

dancrilis
2013-09-13, 04:37 PM
Lucy

She smiled to the two men, as she took there details "yes everything is in order, the ship finishes soon - the crew should be preparing some final checks" nodding as they left "I will meet you there shortly - don't be late" she would not wait for them, but they seemed a good bunch.

Now returning to the Bothan "my understanding is that Trandoshans fight for honour and glory, the scared man is obviously familiar with conflict - my other confirmed guest is the same. Going to a conflict region makes sense for them," pausing " which brings me to you - as a qualified slicer there must be better places to make your money, and that makes me suspicious. So how about you level with me - just us girls, and I will see if I can wave the fee for you - it is about trust at this stage, you want to know if you can trust me and I want to know if I can trust you - at least to an extent".

The Bothan surely had a reason for wanting to make the trip and her interest was peaked.

MintyNinja
2013-09-13, 04:51 PM
With a nod to his new captain, Surrj returned his datapad to his pocket and left the cantina. His swoop bike was still parked and it looked untouched. He took a moment to check the undercarriage for explosives or trackers, but seeing none he mounted the bike and pulled his goggles down over his eyes. This seems to have worked out quite well, he thinks to himself. The scarred one must be somewhat decent in a fight, and the captain seems properly suspicious of others. The bearded Bothan lady, though... Perhaps she will find a way to prove her worth.

He eased the bike up over the foot traffic and kept her at a slow pace. He didn't need to anger any authorities right before departure and being detained would cost him his spot on the ship. Eventually Surrj found docking pad 37 and pulled up short of the freighter. Two others were apparently mid conversation, so the trandoshan brought his bike down off to the side to await either his new captain or some other crew member to open the cargo hold.

Qazarar
2013-09-13, 06:02 PM
Taking a moment to think, Marren answers carefully. "It seems that something I lost is there, and I am planning on getting it back. Anything else comes after."

Athany
2013-09-13, 07:22 PM
Sylvie finds herself a bit caught off guard by Lucy's sudden shift in attitude, but she has to admit to herself that the pilot's question is a good one. Shifting in her seat as she continues to portray a self-conscious techie, she weaves a fragment of the truth into her whispered answer. "Well, there's some information on my family out there that I'm looking for. I don't want to say anymore than that."

Henry the 57th
2013-09-13, 08:19 PM
Ketesh nods. "Ah, perfectly understandable." He looks up as the characteristic whine of a speeder bike engine comes their way. As it approaches, he notices a large Transdoshan riding on top. When it eventually pulls up and stops, he looks at the rider. "Hello." he says. "Are you also riding this ship?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-13, 08:25 PM
Surrj takes in the two and mentally weighs their odds in a fight. The winged one would be the tougher adversary, taking at least two swings to finish off. But he wasn't here for that. "It would appear so. I'm called Surrj, and the Captain said to come to the ship. It appears we'll be going soon," he said from his position by his bike. The other man was a Duros, likely a skilled mechanic as they all seemed to be. If they were also signed on then it would be Surrj's job to keep the mechanic and the frailer crew alive. The winged one could probably handle himself.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-13, 11:16 PM
Ketesh nods, pleased. "Good. I am eager to be gone from here." He pauses for a moment, thinking, then asks, "And if it is not too personal, why are you seeking passage to a system torn apart by civil war?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-13, 11:21 PM
A low, throaty laugh escapes from Surrj before he responds, "War attracts all types of people. A lot of bad people are going to be out there, and someone's gotta take them down." As he says this he reaches behind his back and presses a button on the haft of his vibro-ax, extending the handle. With a heave of strength, he brings it up and sets the head down on the docking bay, hands resting lightly on the butt of the handle. "What about you, winged-one? Why do you seek a system torn apart by war?"

Henry the 57th
2013-09-13, 11:35 PM
Ketesh clicks and whirs briefly. Those familiar with Geonosians would recognize it as the species' equivalent to laughter. To everyone else, it just sounds like more of the same. "I am a mercenary. War is my business." He looks briefly at the axe. "Surely that is not your primary weapon?" he asks, genuinely puzzled.

Noedig
2013-09-13, 11:39 PM
The ash was falling heavily as Mikael made his way into pad 37. He was greeted by the sight of the Trandoshan, Surrj if he remembered correctly, speaking to a Geonosian and a Duros. Perhaps they were other members of the crew. More interesting was the swoop bike Surrj was sitting astride; the practically ancient Zephyr-G model.

He gave a passing wave to the others but his attention was focused fully on the bike.

"That is a good model. Zephyr-G, made by Mobquet, two gees of acceleration, top speed of 350 kilometers per hour. It can carry 200 kilos of detonite, and if a reliable transmitter can be attained, turned into a remotely controlled improvised missile. Good against stationary targets, and perhaps armored vehicles. Alternatively, a droid or pilot can be used."

He grinned inwardly for a moment, his teeth perpetually displaying the same expression, then turned and walked over to the other two. He offered a hand to the Duros.

"Sorry, I got a little distracted. Mikael Flint.

MintyNinja
2013-09-13, 11:45 PM
A toothy grin spreads across the trandoshans face at the mention of the axe. "I don't see why it shouldn't be, winged-one. It's seen me through many a good fight, sliced through many enemies as well. It may not have the range of a blaster, but any fool that brings that blaster into the confines of a starship and I'll be the one dumping his corpse out the airlock."

The scarred man, Flint, had caught up to them at this point and commented on the swoop bike. Surrj listened as the human listed of the machine's history and capacity for explosives. "I've got 100 kg of storage on these tanks and a backseat. The repulsor lift has also been unlocked; I can get a solid click of altitude off stable ground. Got yourself a swoop, Flint?"

Henry the 57th
2013-09-13, 11:55 PM
Ketesh looks at the new arrival. "I am Ketesh. I am pleased to make your acquaintance" the Geonosian says to both Foint and Surrj. "I have a swoop in the ship if you care to examine it. Aratech 74-2. Older, certainly, but in excellent condition."

Focusing back to Surrj, he simply takes flight. Hovering several dozen feet above ground, well above any melee attack range, Ketesh aims his rifle and mimes shooting it down on the Transdoshan's position. Descending a bit, he says "That is why. You are not always in a starship."

Noedig
2013-09-13, 11:55 PM
Mikael closed the hand he had offered the Duros and did an abrupt about face.

"Twelve over the course thirteen years, all Zephyr-Gs. Wrecked the first three quite by accident during a reckless phase during my teenage years. The last nine were re-purposed in the method just described. They are excellent alpha strike vehicles. Unlocking the repulsor allows some exciting opportunities. Maybe next time..."

He trailed off and half turned to the Duros and Geonosian again. He fought the urge to comment on Ketesh's speeder and succeeded.

"I am sorry, that was frightfully rude of me. Nice to meet you Ketesh. I am glad security will be so well looked after for this little ride."

MintyNinja
2013-09-14, 12:04 AM
Watching the winged-one, Ketesh, fly up, Surrj is forced to grimace just a bit. He opened one of the storage tanks on the side of his swoop and held aloft a small, round object. He casually tossed it into the air and caught it again, still not saying anything. Once again, he tossed it up, and this time it was nearly as high as the winged-one, who could identify it as a fragmentation grenade. "Not everyone can fly," Surrj says as he returns the grenade to it's place. "Besides, I think we've all proven to have knowledge over our own fields of danger. Let's remember that we're, in all likelihood, part of the same crew now. It would be a pleasure to have a winged sniper watching over me as I wade through a battlefield of carnage. And Flint, if you can promise to not detonate my swoop bike then I can sincerely offer you transport when needed." He looked to the Duros that remained observant during all this but made no attempt to approach the smaller man. In time Surrj felt confident that he would find a way to work with him.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-14, 12:11 AM
Ketesh clicks and whirrs again, this time for slightly longer. He descends back to the platform, putting his rifle away again. He nods appreciatively. "It is good to see you have put some thought into the matter. And I share your anticipation of battles ahead. I think we will get along well." he looks around. "Hopefully whoever else is to be joining us will be here soon, and we can finally depart this place."

MintyNinja
2013-09-14, 12:14 AM
"From one warrior to another, I hope we are always on the same side of the fight," Surrj replies with another low laugh. It looked like this crew would have a decent chance at survival. The captain obviously knows to expect trouble and seems to have prepared ahead of time.

Qazarar
2013-09-14, 12:19 AM
"It's good you seem like you will get along." Marren frowns slightly as he continues, "Strife on a ship is bad for business and worse for the crew. I hope we can all work together, you seem like a skilled lot."

Henry the 57th
2013-09-14, 12:22 AM
"Indeed." Ketesh nods. Though if we're not he thinks I'll need to remember that trick with the grenades. Probably best to remember it anyway. he decides.

Ketesh looks at Marren. "I agree. Fighting on starships is ill-advised."

MintyNinja
2013-09-14, 12:28 AM
"Unless," Surrj says as he returns the vibro-ax to it's holster on his back, "the starship belongs to the enemy." He approaches the others, leaving his swoop bike alone for the moment, and also offers his hand to the smaller Duros. "It seems we will be working together as well, smallish one. 'For wealth or glory or morality, it doesn't matter as long as we're true to our crew,' an old saying that seems appropriate."

Qazarar
2013-09-14, 03:56 AM
Marren takes the hand offered, and shakes it firmly. "Certainly."

dancrilis
2013-09-14, 04:37 AM
Lucy

Leaning back in the chair she considered, "your cagey" she stated after a few seconds.

"I can understand that - but I don't like it", rapping her fingers on the table top as she thought. If the woman had family out there she could be a good contact, if she wasn't it didn't hurt to take her anyway - unless she was disruptive. "But I can respect the privacy of family" that was true also, she after all was not speaking about her own.

"I am going to go out on a limb and offer you transport - if you still want it, and if I can see your id" she offered a tight smile "hopefully I won't regret it".

Athany
2013-09-14, 09:53 AM
Interesting, Sylvie thinks to herself as she continues to observe Lucy closely. It looked like that comment about family might have struck a nerve. Ah, whatever, let's get this over with.

"Ye-yes," she pretends to fumble a bit around her pocket before producing Elena's ID and holding it out towards Lucy. "Here it is."

dancrilis
2013-09-14, 07:00 PM
Lucy

Taking the ID she scanned it, this time flagging it for higher security check back to her ship - if the woman was a threat she intended to find out, and if she was lying she intended to find that out also. It was too risky an area of space to fly into without precautions like that.

"Well we will be off than so, time to leave anyway" she stood, "as a note I am not hiring you for this trip - call it charity work or whatever - which means I don't want you accessing my ships computers. If you do I will be very offended" offering a smile "and while I might be young I don't have a great deal of patients for people that offend me - and I know how to use an airlock" it was meant half in jest - but only half.

With that she moved off to the ship and saw the gathering.

"Good you are all here" seeing the Duro's "plus one more".

Her eyes feel on the bike and gave the trandoshan a nod of approval "nicely maintained - I wouldn't mind having a look at it later with your permission", old tech was often the best tech.

Looking to the Geonosian flying? she didn't question it it might be a custom and it seemed a friendly enough scene "Ketesh I presume - our deal still stands I take it?" she left unsaid what that was for now - but the others could likely figure it out.

Than turning to the Duro's fully "have you booked online already - or is this a last minute sign on? If it was paid online that works fine, if not the fee is 500 paid at the end, good chance if it being waved if I think you will be a useful contact in the system - but I will need to see your ID" she she added as such approached him.

There were always no shows when flights were offered cheap online - so overbooking was not really a problem - and if they all showed well fine she was not running a luxury liner - they could sweat together.

Qazarar
2013-09-14, 07:29 PM
Marren takes quick stock of the woman speaking, likely the captain. "Last minute. My name is Marren. I needed to get to the Muiridon Kalatar system, and yours was the first ship available. I hope we will get along, and the fee is acceptable." He hands his ID to the captain.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-14, 08:02 PM
"It does." Ketesh says. "Are we ready to take off soon? I yearn to depart this planet."

Athany
2013-09-14, 11:31 PM
Sylvie almost rolls her eyes, but that just wouldn't do in character. Sithspawn, this girl sure keeps on blabbering. Well, at least I got what I wanted after all that hassle. Saying no more, she follows the pilot to the ship, where she spots the the four congregating.

"Hello," she ventures shyly to the others as she looks at them, one by one. As she spots the vibro-ax holstered on the Trandoshan's back, she quietly comments with awe. "Wow, that's a big axe."

MintyNinja
2013-09-15, 01:44 AM
"Yes, and it has made many smaller people even smaller," Surrj says with a low laugh. "You wouldn't happen to recognize the name Dro'ma, would you? He is of your people and too tall for his own good."

Athany
2013-09-15, 01:18 PM
As the Trandoshan indirectly boasts about his combat prowess, Sylvie resists an involuntary urge to take a step back. Yeah, he's definitely got the look of fighter who likes to get close and personal. Sylvie automatically considers answering the affirmative to the Surrj's question just to get more information, but decides against it. Now that she no longer has access to the Kajidic's resources, it would be unwise to be so reckless with her remaining established identities. Still, perhaps the Trandoshan would say more if she continued the conversation.

"No, I don't know of anyone named Dro'ma. But maybe I could trying looking him up for you. Was he a friend of yours?" Staying in character as a naive slicer, she continues to ramble. "And what's so bad about being tall? Sometimes I wish I were taller. At least it would be way easier to make my way through crowds. And I wouldn't need to get a footstool to reach the top shelves too!"

dancrilis
2013-09-15, 01:49 PM
Lucy

She nodded to the Duros as the took and scanned the card, no immediate alerts - seems in order.

looking to the group, "right I am hoping for a quick clean trip, that doesn't include food or stops. Everything on board is mine - except what you bring on with you", she gestured to the bike, "no weaponry is to be discharged baring my say so, no tinkering with anything on-board without my permission, no brawling and a respectful attitude to me and in general is to be maintained. Stay out of the cockpit without my invite - everytime. If we are attacked we might need someone to man the guns - I am not paying you for that, but it will be looked favourably on" she offered a smile with the last.

Taking linking on with the comlink she had the ramp come down to the storage area, they could access the ship proper from there - "it will take a few minutes to clear with the controller - food will not be provided so if you need rations get them now" gesturing "there is a shop that way - don't be late back".

Leading the way up the ramp she called out, "welcome aboard" funnily the ship had never been named in its history from what she could tell - just a serial number - and she intended to leave it that way, it made it special.

Qazarar
2013-09-15, 02:08 PM
Marren examines the ship more carefully than his cursory glance before. An older YT model, 1300 it seemed, and still in good condition. Sadly, it seemed it was still the base model, but perhaps he could do something about that later. He begins to walk up the ramp.
"This is a lovely ship you have. A nice reliable model, good for just about anything. It seems to still be factory standard, but maybe we could talk more about that once we are on our way."

dancrilis
2013-09-15, 02:47 PM
Lucy

She looked at the Duros - Marren she placed the name to him, appraising him for a second as she moved than smiled "well I was considering the Dynamic Class - but the slower speed and lower cargo space put me off, along with the higher cost of secondary purchase. The Ghtroc 720 actually seemed better really, more passengers and space - but it is ultimately a less accurate machine and the secondary hyperdrive is slower which could be the difference between life and death - still a lovely ship, if I make good on shipping in Muiridon/Kalatar system I might get a few" she smiled - if she did very well and got to know some people she could trust and some connections for the family - it could work well, but in reality she was likely a bit away from having her own fleet - and if she were honest she didn't really want one yet regardless of what her brother might say.

Sighing at the thought, and returning to the conversation at hand "of course the YT-2000 and 2400 have a lot to be said for them - but the additional cost and the need for more crew was a no sell for me", smiling "and all that became moot anyway when I walked into this heap for the first time - it sold itself to me really" she was smiling now - the annoying bit about acquiring potential out of town allies had been dealt with - now once the course was laid in and no problems arose she could relax for a few days.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-15, 02:49 PM
Ketesh clicks appreciatively as he too walks up the ramp. "Yes, a good ship. Older, but often times old things are better." His mood drops a bit as he considers the cramped interior. There won't be room to stretch his wings. He isn't claustrophobic by any means, but he dislikes being unable to fly for extended periods. It weakens the muscles, which could bode poorly on the field of battle. Nothing to do about it though. I'll just need to wait.

Looking at Lucy, he asks, "Do you know of any strong pipes or other hanging spaces of good quality within your ship? I prefer to rest on those, rather than standard sleeping quarters."

MintyNinja
2013-09-15, 03:14 PM
"Not a friend," Surrj replies to the bearded Bothan lady. "All I know is that he is a Bothan named Dro'ma. And by my count he's just a head too tall for his own good." He turns to Lucy as she goes over the ground rules; basic stuff. He had spare food in the storage of his bike, next to the grenades. He wouldn't be starving anytime soon. As she finished up her speech, Surrj nods respectfully and returns to his swoop bike. He turned it on and gently coasted the machine into the ship. Moving at walking speed he's able to get it through the hallways and into a cargo bay near the freight loading room.

Athany
2013-09-15, 05:59 PM
"Oh." The Trandoshan's answer is a curious one, and the lack of detail causes Sylvie think for a moment. Not a friend, but he refuses to elaborate further beyond wishing for his death? I guess there's some bad blood between him and this Dor'ma, she ruminates as she follows the others into the ship, pulling her two gigantic repulsor-assisted suitcases behind her. Glancing around the interior of the ship, she's impressed by how well maintained everything is. This YT-1300 is in pretty good condition. Much cleaner than Benki's, although I wonder how their pilots match up. Benki did have a hot hand on the stick, and his killer instinct for smuggling... Her thoughts trail off as realization sets in that the Corellian pilot, along with all her other junior associates, were no longer at her beck and call.

Enough reminiscing about the past, she tells herself, It's time to make the best of what I've got now. Securing her belongings against a wall, she takes a peek around at the others. It would be a long flight ahead, she might as well take some time to chat with her fellow passengers. Maybe she'd learn something interesting.

Spotting the Duros, she approaches him with a nervous smile. "Hello, how are you?" she says hesitantly in Durese, before reverting to Basic. "Um, did I say that correctly?"

Qazarar
2013-09-15, 06:36 PM
Marren glances at the Bothan before him, examining her before responding. "You did say it correctly, and I am doing quite well, now that we are to be on our way. My name is Marren. And you are?"

Athany
2013-09-15, 09:44 PM
"That's good," Sylvie continues in Basic with a smile. "I'm Elena. Are you a pilot? Every Duros I've met was a pilot...not that I've bumped into many."

Noedig
2013-09-15, 10:10 PM
Mikael stepped up the ramp and into the ship. It was older, but tidy. He found a room and set his bag gently on the floor. Like everything else he was wearing, the bag was covered in a fine layer of ash. He glanced around for something to set his gear on, but saw nothing but the bunk. Sighing, Mikael heaved the thin mattress off of the bunk and onto the floor. With that done, he moved the pieces of his flamethrower from his bag and began to methodically clean it. Soon the whole room smelled like fuel and grease.

Qazarar
2013-09-15, 10:38 PM
"I am a pilot, and quite a fine one at that. I am also a mechanic. I have always enjoyed ships, so they seemed like good choices. What is it that you do?" Marren stares questioningly at Elena.

Thundercracker
2013-09-16, 05:33 AM
Muiridon/Kalatar asteroid belt

The ship shudders slightly as the swirling vortex of hyperspace gives way to starlines, and then the familiar backdrop of billions and billions of pinpoints of light. Anyone in the cockpit can see a massive asteroid in front of the ship, which could only be Titan 1, your destination.

It isn't more than 3 seconds after reverting to realspace that the silence is shattered by a salvo of angry red laser blasts which narrowly miss the YT-1300, followed by a blocky transport (roughly 20m in length) hauling a large container. The transport appears to be an older model, and the source of the laser blasts becomes apparent a moment later, as a pair of aged Z-95 headhunters are picked up by the ship's sensors. The blocky transport has apparently just put your ship between itself and the Z-95's as it limps towards Titan 1, trailing debris and venting some kind of vapor into space.

You are being hailed by both the transport and the lead Z-95.

Transport: This is Hauler D-27 of the Kalatar Mining Corps, we request immediate assistance! Our escorts have been destroyed by pirates. If you can escort us to Titan's safe-zone, we'd be much appreciative!

Z-95: Dis here bein' our haul, theysa stealin' it from us. Yousa interferin', yousa be sorry.

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 12:25 PM
For the duration of the hyperspace travel Surrj was either in the cargo bay maintaining his gear or in his quarters looking for active bounties in the system from his datapad. When they pulled into real-space he was in the main corridor, and didn't notice the situation unfolding outside.

Noedig
2013-09-16, 01:26 PM
Mikael stepped into the corridor to find Surrj perusing a datapad.

"Ah, perfect. Just the being I wanted to see. Do you know anything about the system we're in? I know there's some kind of conflict going on but not much else. I really hope there's a decent market scene. There's all kinds of material and toys I need to buy."

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 02:04 PM
"Not personally," Surrj replies to Mikael. "Seems our Captain would be the one to ask. I've just been trying to keep an eye open for bounties; gotta pay the fare, right?"

Noedig
2013-09-16, 02:29 PM
"Oh really? Find anything good? Not that I'm interested in competing, of course. I have my own 'bounty' as it were to look for."

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 03:12 PM
"Nothing so far, but if I find a prey to be particularly challenging I'll let you know," Surrj says. "Have you had much practice in that field? Perhaps you're a part of a guild?"

Noedig
2013-09-16, 03:26 PM
"Bounty hunting? No, I would not say I have had much practice. And explosives are a trifle indiscriminate for that sort of work, collateral damage and what not. I have operated on a team basis on several occasions, though most of the time I work alone as a contractor. Decent pay, but not very steady. Hard to find work when you have to be so hush-hush about it."

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 03:31 PM
"I see. Most of my targets have been known to be dangerous, and so their bounties allowed their deaths. From there it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time and keeping the axe sharp." A flurry of memories flew through the Trandoshan's mind as he spoke, each accompanied with a number. He was at 23 Jagganath points, currently. Still another 127 to reach Kraad.

Noedig
2013-09-16, 03:41 PM
"Ah, that is the beauty of your axe. Incredibly precise. I have to admit that it is exceedingly hard to control a single bit of metal whizzing about at over a kilometer a second, and completely impossible for all the bits my sort of work produces. Your axe has the benefit of not affecting bystanders outside of a little blood splatter. Another reason I don't get much work; I don't approve of the presence of bystanders, and clients often don't care as long as the job gets done. Unacceptable, if you ask me. We aren't monsters."

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 03:43 PM
Surrj puts away his datapad and takes a good look at Mikael. "No, we are not monsters. If anything, we are monster hunters. I am careful to isolate my target when possible, and only strike at his allies if they move against me. Otherwise, collateral is never part of the deal."

Noedig
2013-09-16, 03:56 PM
"Right? The lion's share of my work involves objects, not people. When it does involve sentients, there has to be damned good justification. Criminal kingpins, murderers, terrorists, that sort of thing. Professionals have a reputation to look after."

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 03:58 PM
"Cheers to that," Surrj agrees. "I'm glad we're on the same level with this. I've worked with some... monstrous types before. Not the most appealing option."

Noedig
2013-09-16, 04:07 PM
"No, it isn't. We have to be so careful that we don't see a monster when we look in the mirror. It can be hard some days."

Mikael touched his scarred face and seemed sad for a moment. Then, just as quickly, he brightened and you get the impression that he is smiling.

"But hey, you don't look like you went bobbing for fruit in lit barrel of fuel, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. Shall we go bother our captain? I should like to see the view."

Henry the 57th
2013-09-16, 04:21 PM
By the time the freighter leaves hyperspace, Vikkal is thoroughly eager to get out and stretch his wings once again. With little else for him to do, he walks into the bridge, buzzing with excitement. His enthusiasm dips the moment he hears the transmission. He is a capable enough pilot, but he isn't much for space battles. Still, perhaps some experience might be in order.

But then, it isn't his ship. He looks to Lucy. "Well?"

Athany
2013-09-16, 04:31 PM
"That's neat. I wish I knew more about mechanical stuff. I'm a slicer." Sylvie taps the computer on her wrist. "Kinda weird, huh? I slice all sorts of code together but I have no idea how all the hardware works." She looks at him for a moment, as if thinking, then asks in a naive voice. "Wait, if you're a pilot, how come you're riding along with us? Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly yourself?"

She feels something vibrating in her pocket but decides to ignore it for now.

Qazarar
2013-09-16, 06:19 PM
"It would be, If my ship were available. That is why I am heading to this system. It was stolen from me, and it seems to have turned up there." Marren shakes his head slightly. "I might as well see what the captain is up to, and perhaps have a word with her about upgrading her ship. The standard model is good, but it could be better."

dancrilis
2013-09-16, 06:23 PM
Lucy

As they entered the ramp she pointed the Geonosian towards the back of the storage compartment "hooks back there for carrying goods they should suit your needs" in actuality they were livestock hooks but no need to make the man feel like a peace of meat.

For the trip she mostly monitored disturbances, checked the IDs made, small tale as needed and stayed comfortable in the cockpit.

Dropping out of hyperspace for the final leg of the journey was supposed to be the easy part - and yet she found herself in the middle of a fire-fight.

A Z-95 could gut a YT-1300 in seconds with it's missile load - that was her first thought, and answered this engagement for her - it was not her business.

She signalled the Z-95.
"Copy Z-95, may be willing to offer assistance if needed - please transmit your identification codes".

Than immediately signalled the transport.
"Cannot guarantee assistance at this time - can you confirm safe zone distance, please transmit your identification codes".

Ideally she would make no enemies today.

She than signalled the Geonosian.
"Ketesh if you are comfortable the weaponry I would request your presence in the gunnery - do not engage at this time".

And finally the crew.
"We are experiencing minor technical difficulties, relating to a conflict beyond our control, please remain calm. I would suggest returning to your quarters in the event of turbulence".

It was times like this she wished she had a backup plan in case of being outmatched.

Taking a reading of the ships she hoped she could use it to determine the best course of action in the event this went poorly.

Knowledge (Technology): [roll0]

Qazarar
2013-09-16, 07:09 PM
Marren, hearing the announcement, decides that he can lend his mechanical expertise to any 'technical' difficulties, and perhaps his other skills, and so makes his way to the cockpit.

Noedig
2013-09-16, 07:19 PM
Mikael clicked his teeth in annoyance at the announcement.
"Oh bother, guests. Time to change into something more appropriate."

He glanced at Surrj.

"Not sure about you, but I'm not terribly useful in ship to ship combat, so I think I'll retire to my cabin. Do call me, if a boarding action is required though. Those are always exciting."

MintyNinja
2013-09-16, 08:40 PM
Hearing the announcement Surrj fitted his comlink to his ear. "I see. Can't promise I'll wait for you, but I'll call you over gladly." He started pacing the central corridor, always positioning himself within sight of an airlock. He couldn't do much from in here, but the moment someone boarded he wanted to be there.

Thundercracker
2013-09-16, 09:19 PM
Muiridon/Kalatar Asteroid belt, near Titan 1

Z-95: Yousa smart, yousa just be keepin' distance.

The Z-95s rocket past your ship, the lead fighter's lasers blasting chunks of glowing durasteel out of the transport before it has a chance to respond to your query.

The transport doesn't look like it will survive another pass, and it detatches from its cargo container and begins limping towards the station, leaving behind a small cloud of debris. The Z-95's appear to be content to let it go, and begin circling the cargo container defensively.

Whoever decides to sit at the sensor station:
Sensors have picked up an expanding cloud of debris behind you, consistent with several destroyed starfighters, and identified that one of the Z-95s has sustained significant damage. There are also several ships near Titan 1, but none appear to be making a move towards the wounded transport.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-16, 09:42 PM
"Of course, captain." says Ketesh with an undisguised excitement. He heads to the gunnery station and takes up position. He tracks the fighters' movements on his targeting scanners, though he resists the impulse to visibly move the weapons around to track them as well. He stands on a knife's edge, ready to fire at any second.

Qazarar
2013-09-16, 10:35 PM
Marren arrives in the command area, and seeing nobody at the sensor station, takes over there. He activates the sensors, and conveys the information to the captain.
"It looks like a few starfighters were destroyed back there if that debris is any indication. It looks like one of the Z-95's has taken heavy damage, and while there are several ships near the station, none are doing anything. What do we do? It's your call, captain."

Athany
2013-09-16, 10:58 PM
As Lucy's announcement sounds across the ship, Sylvie realizes that she should check what her comm scanner has picked up. Fishing the device from her pocket, she quickly runs through the transmissions it has recorded. Looks like there's a party out there that I'm missing. But once she hears the distinct sound of lasers firing, she rushes towards the cockpit.

Seeing Lucy in the pilot's seat and Marren at the sensors and comms console, she considers heading over to handle the shields, but that would be out of character, and they didn't seem to be in any danger yet. Instead, she looks over at the scene in front of them and offers a suggestion. "Hey. Maybe you should try scanning the contents of that container. That might give us a clue on which side's telling the truth."

dancrilis
2013-09-17, 12:14 AM
Lucy

Normally the sensors were the astromech's job but it seemed to be off somewhere - likely plotting something, or fixing something, she would have to have words with it. It wasn't happy to have guests.

Looking at Marren - the man knew his stuff, and she needed him here - but rules were rules and he had just broken one of them and it didn't sit well with her. It was a conversation for later.

Than the Bothan followed in -

"It doesn't matter who was telling the truth", the scene was certainly painted against the Z-95s for that "we are not kitted out to reliably deal with a single Z-95" if the pilot was competent at any rate "and getting you all killed goes against my day plan".

Refocusing on piloting Marren can you relay to the Z-95s that we understand.

Considering "and let the transport know that we are sorry we couldn't offer assistance in that fight - but offer assistance reaching safety - or medical aid, we can escort them the rest of the way" she stated - might make things go smoother later.

"And let Ketesh know that we seem to be out of it, but to maintain position please", if they went after one transport they might go after a second - greed was common to all after all.

As a final consideration "let the ships in the distance know the score alwell - but don't take sides - damaged transport may need assistance, two Z-95s one damaged - is all they need to know. If the Z-95s are known pirates whoever is there may decide that that is enough initiative to punish them".

She brought her ship to follow the other transport towards the station.

Thundercracker
2013-09-17, 04:05 AM
Muiridon/Kalatar Asteroid belt, near Titan 1

There is silence from the Z-95s.

Transport:
"We'd appreciate the escort, thanks." The voice on the other side sounds labored, out of breath.

The YT-1300 is easily able to catch up to the damaged transport, and as Lucy falls into formation, two more sensor contacts appear from hyperspace and make for the cargo container. None of the ships near Titan 1 even acknowledge any transmissions, much less respond.

Marren: One of the ships is a heavily modified ATR-6 assault transport, literally bristling with weapons, and the other is a YT-2400 light freighter. In fact, it is a very familiar YT-2400 light freighter, right down to the heat signature put out by its replacement main thruster. You are 99.9% sure it as the one which you stole, and was subsequently stolen from you.

Noedig
2013-09-17, 10:06 AM
Mikael joined Surrj in the hall, now dressed in a rough canvas coat, a utility vest, pants of a similar canvas material and heavy boots. Gripped in his hands was a very clean, very well maintained flamethrower. His face is obscured by a breathmask similar to the one he had been wearing earlier, but this one was tinted black and had larger, knobby looking filters projecting off the front. His voice comes out of a small speaker where his mouth is.

"I got bored."

MintyNinja
2013-09-17, 11:05 AM
"No fighting?" Surrj asked already knowing the answer. If they were to engage he'd probably have noticed it by now.

Noedig
2013-09-17, 11:22 AM
"Apparently not. Didn't see anything in the way of respectable armaments on this tub when we got on. But hey, if we're on combat alert within the first minute of entering this system, that bodes well for when we get dirtside."

Qazarar
2013-09-17, 06:24 PM
Marren clenches his jaw, and frowns. He knows they don't have the firepower to get his ship back if it's working with those others, and he doubts that this ship could stand up to his in a fair fight even one on one, unless maybe he was piloting. Even if they won here, somehow, his ship would likely be destroyed, or damaged beyond repair. It seems he'll have to let it go for now, and try to run back into it in better circumstances. As much as he hates it, he can;t do anything right now.

Athany
2013-09-17, 09:43 PM
Lucy's dismissive reply is not what Sylvie expected. Doesn't this pilot understand the value of this kind of information? We're headed into a real tinderbox here, any kind of clue about the players involved could be invaluable. Just before turning around, she decides to try one more thing. Addressing Marren in Durese, she intentionally stumbles over the words. "Aren't you curi...curious about what these raiders are trying to capture?" With that last comment, she turns to leave the cockpit. It's only after she leaves that she realizes that she didn't actually see a certain console in the cockpit anywhere. Whoa, I can't believe I didn't notice that this ship doesn't have any shields at all. The pilot's skittishness makes sense now, but next time I'd better pay more attention before jumping on the cheapest ticket I find.

Encountering two of the other passengers in the corridor, her eyes are immediately drawn to their readied armnament. "In case you guys wanted to know what's going on, just listen." She pulls out her comm scanner and plays back all the ship-to-ship transmissions the device has recorded so far.

Noedig
2013-09-17, 11:06 PM
Mikael did not remove his mask, and chuckled lightly after hearing the radio chatter.

"A gungan with balls? Sith me, what is the galaxy coming to. Well, I have to give the kid credit; she didn't get all bleeding heart and pick a side. That would've been stupid given how woefully under-equipped we are. What was the transport carrying that necessitated a bunch of Headhunters? My guess is weapons, or war material. Stuff sells for a kark-load on the black market."

Thundercracker
2013-09-17, 11:11 PM
Muiridon/Kalatar Asteroid belt

It isn't long before the YT-2400 latches on to the cargo container, and then all four ships fall into formation and jump to hyperspace.

Lucy guides the YT-1300 behind the transport. Bits of rock and dust buffer the ship, causing a bit of shakiness. Every now and then, another piece of debris breaks off and floats away from the damaged transport. A docking controller requests your identification, and then you are directed to docking bay four, while the wounded transport is directed next door to docking bay 5. As you approach Titan 1, anyone in the cockpit can see it deserves its name. Apparently carved out of a massive asteroid, the base is easily several kilometers across, and it has been stabilized; it doesn't tumble like the other asteroids in the field do. While on approach, you cruise past what appears at first glance appears to be just another asteroid, but as you get up close, you can see turbolaser and missile turrets jutting from its uneven surface.

The bay is large enough to accomodate a ship perhaps 50% larger than Lucy's, so there is plenty of room. The ship goes through its landing sequence, coming down neatly on its struts, followed by the gangway lowering shortly thereafter. While the floor and the border of the bay between yourself and outer space is made of durasteel, the walls and ceiling appear to be carved rock. A large closed door, approximately ten meters across, sits on the floor off to one side of the bay, while a normal blast door sits on the far wall, facing the ship.

Anyone stepping out of the ship can hear a light humming noise, probably generated by the asteroid's internal machinery. Also readily apparent is a small holoprojector, standing at about waist height, next to the blast doors.

Noedig
2013-09-17, 11:19 PM
At touchdown, Mikael sighs and hefts the flamethrower.

"Time to put away the toys, I suppose."

With that, he steps back into his quarters and carefully unlatches the tank of the flamethrower and places both back into his rucksack.

Qazarar
2013-09-17, 11:28 PM
Marren slowly unclenches his fists and lets out the breath he was holding, and stands up from the sensor station, shaking his head. He says quietly to himself, "I should have done something."

Henry the 57th
2013-09-18, 12:31 AM
Ketesh is slightly disappointed that there wasn't a fight. He feels like he could use a good one, after all this time. Probably for the best, though. his rational side tells him The captain knows her own ship, and if she says we would have
lost, I'm inclined to believe her.

When the ship docks, Ketesh is among the first to exit the vessel. Eager to really stretch his wings again, he almost immediately takes off and hovers a few feet above ground, enjoying the feeling in his stiff wing muscles. His reverie doesn't last long before he notices the odd holrojector near the door.

Thundercracker
2013-09-18, 02:44 AM
Muirdon/Kalatar Asteroid Belt, Titan 1, docking bay 4

The holoprojector flickers to life. A middle aged man wearing a high collared tunic or robe appears, tinged in blue.

"Welcome to Titan 1, administered by the Ferrmore Mining Corporation. Since this is the first recorded visit of your vessel, please pay careful attention to the security briefing which will now be shown."

A corporate logo appears, followed by a safety video with a female voiceover.

"As part of our committment to rebuilding this system, Ferrmore Mining Corporation has been granted rights to conduct affairs from the asteroid belt. Titan 1 falls under the juristiction of the Galactic Triumvirate, and all Triumvirate laws apply.
In addition, there are a few additional rules which apply to all levels below Ore Processing, which will make your stay more enjoyable.

1. No military restricted weapons or explosives of any kind.
2. No 4th degree (battle) droids.
3. No transportation vehicles. This includes jetpacks, skiffs, speeders hoverboots, swoop bikes etc. Exceptions are available on a case-by-case basis for patrons with disabilities or gravitational requirements.

Violations of the above rules may result in confiscation or destruction of the banned hardware.
Titan 1 is neutral ground. Ferrmore reserves the right to detain or ban individuals and vehicles from the station if the above rules or Triumvirate laws are violated.
Please note that use of deadly force by Ferrmore security personnel to subdue combattants is authorized, to protect the lives of innocents.

Please note the location of the nearest escape pods on all levels. In the unlikely event of an emergency evacuation, always follow the directions of Ferrmore Security Personnel.

Enjoy your stay.
*Roy Korthi, Administrator of the Titan Asteroid Initiative

The safety video ends with the same Ferrmore corporate logo, and is replaced by a directory of the different levels on the station.

Docking bays
Ore processing
Administration/Customs
Security/Brig
Shopping - hardware
Shopping - personal
Entertainment
Living
Medical
Operations
Engineering

*Press the button to replay the safety video.

The blast doors open to a bustle of activity. A speeder-like vehicle with flashing lights zips by, manned by a dark-haired human with some kind of blue uniform, and a pair of droids and what appears to be some medical equipment in the rear portion. Another speeder zips off in the opposite direction, this one carrying a prone human, tending to by the craft's droids, face obscured by a full breath mask.

MintyNinja
2013-09-18, 04:11 AM
Surrj followed Ketesh out of the ship, eager to move around. Seeing the rules, he decides to leave his swoop and grenades aboard the ship. "So, I guess we're here... Time to make some credits," the large Trandoshan says to himself. He couldn't find anything on his datapad, but maybe if he went to the security sector he could find a bounty or two to pad his credstick.

Noedig
2013-09-18, 11:19 AM
Mikael played the safety video again and smiled. No military grade weapons. No explosives. That meant fewer temptations and fewer chances to slip. He still wore his 'combat' outfit. Better safe than sorry.

He notice Ketesh and Surrj outside the ship with him and waved.

"I suppose this is where we will be going our separate ways?"

dancrilis
2013-09-18, 01:08 PM
Lucy

Looking at the Duro's and than the panel, "Marren there was nothing you could do, ignoring the fact that the missile load of a Z-95 is more than a match for this ship, and ignoring that there were two of them, than ignoring that they are much more manoeuvrable than this ship to make up for a lot of piloting difference, ignoring all that there was still a YT-2400 out there - a better ship in nearly every meaningful way that could have developed in a conflict than my own - if your not familiar with the tech specs, and ignoring that there was a bloody ATR-6 to support them. Forget 'you should have done something' if you had tried I might have shot you", she offered with a not unkind smile "probably stun".

"You did good on the system - so I will overlook you coming in - might even allow you to stay up here, if you still want to hang around after we land. I am however interested in what the Bothan said to you", the Bothan she was less sure of - the woman got a free trip but had no sense of gratitude or tact, and butted in where she wasn't invited.

After docking she opened up the general comms to the ship "well none of you annoyed me much - so free trip" making the adjustments "credit transfer cancelled", and than lowered the ramp so they could disembark.

Leaving the grenades secured she set her orders to her droids and moved out.

Looking at the video it was fine with her - than to the others "I am not a charity - but it can be useful to have allies" more or less the reason she brought them "so if you want to store stuff onboard - and use if for accommodation I am happy - providing I am present, and that and docking fees are split.

"You have my contact info" looking at the Bothan "if I could have a word?", it was time to settle any differences they had - or the woman could refuse and they would be settled anyway.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-18, 01:21 PM
Ketesh listens to Lucy speak. "Of course, captain. My thanks for the transportation." He nods somewhat in acknowledgement.

Hmmm... What to do now that I'm here? The security level seems like it would be most relevant to my goals. Perhaps a trip there? But I am alone here... he looks back over at Surrj, sizing the Transdoshan up. Perhaps a teammate might be in order.

The Geonosian flies over to Surrj, setting down on the ground in front of him. "Now that we are here," he asks, his tone neutral, "What do you plan to do?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-18, 02:11 PM
Surrj nods respectfully towards Lucy when she allows them to leave their belongings aboard her ship. He had forgotten to ask permission, and would have had some issues if she hadn't thought of it first. To Ketesh's question Surrj looks thoughtful for a moment before answering, "The Security level may have some information regarding wanted criminals and how much they're worth. I might head there first. But, there was that crew member of the transport being taken away in an emergency. I'd be interested in learning why his cargo was so valuable... I'm not sure. What did you have in mind?"

Henry the 57th
2013-09-18, 06:58 PM
"I was thinking of heading to the Security office myself, to see what employment they had available. Perhaps we might go together? If you desire to speak with that crew member, I would suggest you try later. The medical staff is unlikely to allow unrelated strangers access to him while he is in critical condition." Ketesh points out.

MintyNinja
2013-09-18, 08:00 PM
"Good point," Surrj agrees. "Let's head to the Security level then, see if we can find a paying job."

Athany
2013-09-18, 11:13 PM
As Sylvie idly watches the safety holo, she finds herself regretting not having a civilian blaster. While staring at the directory and ruminating on what to do next, she finds that Lucy has come to her with a question.

"Yes?" She replies, keeping her voice neutral.

Noedig
2013-09-19, 09:42 AM
"Well, seeing that I have nothing better to do at this juncture, I will accompany the both of you to security. Maybe something interesting will happen."

Thundercracker
2013-09-19, 10:34 AM
Titan 1, docking bay level

The corridor is about forty feet wide, with a pair of automated walkways moving in opposite directions. At the end of the nearest walkway, a group of about twenty sentients of varied species is gathered around the blast door to docking bay 5.

In front of you is a large sign pointing left to the lift to Customs, and right towards higher docking bay numbers.

If you take the lift to Customs:
You pass by a few unmarked lifts on the way to the public lifts. Most of the activity is centered around docking bay 5, so there is little traffic. There is a bank of lifts at the end of the corridor, and apparently they only shuttle between the docking bay and Customs; the rest of the station must be accessible from elsewhere. The lift travels down a floor or two, and the doors open to a large, brightly lit chamber. The walls and floor are all gray durasteel, and the air is the familiar sterile, recycled air of ships and space stations. At the far end is a row of raised desks hosting officers of varying species, mostly human, seated behind transparisteel. Behind them are several metal detectors, behind which is a hallway which bends around a corner. Along the walls are several doors, some marked, some unmarked, and a row of computer terminals. Arrows on the floor direct you to the customs desks.

Approaching the customs desk will prompt the customs officer to ask two questions: Identification? What's your business on Titan 1?

If you investigate docking bay 5:
A small crowd has gathered to gawk at the damaged transport inside the docking bay and the injured, one of whom is currently being brought down the ship's gangway on a hoverstretcher. There is a faint scorched smell in the air, stronger closer to the hangar blast doors. Several species are watching, some human, at least two duros, a twi'lek, and a few others. At least one of the crew of the transport is in the corridor; a male human with dark hair streaked with light blue is sitting against the wall, holding a breath mask over his nose and mouth. He is wearing some kind of blue uniform.

MintyNinja
2013-09-19, 03:24 PM
Seeing that he had two of the others coming with him, Surrj leads the way down to the Customs Desk. When asked, he presents his ID and answers, "Seeking employment in freelance security." The professional answer probably sounded better coming from a more human like sentient, but the large Trandoshan had always attempted to put his most professional foot, clawed as it was, forward.

Qazarar
2013-09-19, 05:55 PM
Marren decides to see what he can learn about the damaged freighter and its former cargo, so he heads out of the ship and down to docking bay five.

dancrilis
2013-09-19, 07:36 PM
Lucy

She decided to cut to the point "thank you. To business, I get the impression that you dislike me, and my style of command. More importantly I feel that you have deliberately tried to countermand me by speaking in a language I may not know to Marren - likely to either request something from him at my communication station, or to complain about my discussion making. This is only after your wholly ungrateful attitude for me offering you a free trip so you could handle your family matter".

"As such I want to know what - if anything your issue is, and if you wish to part ways before conflicts emerge. Or if you will moderate your tone as appropriate?".

Thundercracker
2013-09-20, 10:32 AM
Titan 1, Customs

Surrj:
The customs officer, a chunky middle aged human woman with dark bronzed skin, looks you up and down.

"You could talk to Garm Marash in security, but I don't think they're hiring right now," she said, "otherwise, your best bet is to head down to Lucky 7's or Champ's, on Entertainment."

She hands your credentials back to you.

"Good luck," she said.

You make your way through to the metal detector, where a human guard fails to find the droid hidden in your belt, or maybe he just doesn't care, you're not sure which. You now stand before a row of elevators, the helpful arrows on the floor pointing towards the ones in the center. Several freight elevators stand off to one side, emblazoned with "Ferrmore staff only" signs. If you step into an elevator, you can travel to any floor down to Medical. Operations and Engineering are apparently accessed through different elevators. A few other sentients are here, having just passed through customs. You see a gand, a pair of humans, and a quarren step into an elevator before the door closes.

Titan 1, outside docking bay 5
Marren:
A small crowd has gathered to gawk at the damaged transport inside the docking bay and the injured, one of whom is currently being brought down the ship's gangway on a hoverstretcher. There is a faint scorched smell in the air, stronger closer to the hangar blast doors. Several species are watching, some human, at least two duros, a twi'lek, and a few others. At least one of the crew of the transport is in the corridor; a male human with dark hair streaked with light blue is sitting against the wall, holding a breath mask over his nose and mouth. He is wearing some kind of blue uniform. You're currently standing outside the docking bay. Is there anyone in particular you wish to speak with, or do you want to enter the docking bay proper?

Henry the 57th
2013-09-20, 10:35 AM
Before the small group leaves the desk, Ketesh asks the woman, "Do you post bounties of any kind here? If so, where might we find them?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-20, 10:45 AM
Titan 1, Customs

"No, we're a mining corporation, we don't post bounties," the customs officer replied to Ketesh, "but you might check with the locals. The Muiridons and Kalatar both have offices here on Customs and Administration."

She gestured to doors on opposite sides of the chamber, past the metal detectors.

"Are you a registered bounty hunter?" she asked.

MintyNinja
2013-09-20, 01:40 PM
Surrj waits by the elevators for Ketesh and Mikael to get through customs. He was thinking that the entertainment sector would be their best bet for a steady gig as muscle, especially if there was any influence from Nar Shadaa.

Qazarar
2013-09-20, 06:25 PM
Marren will approach the uniformed crew member, hoping to learn more about what happened. "You were on that freighter, correct? What do you know about the ships that attacked you?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-20, 08:24 PM
Titan 1, outside docking bay 5

Marren:
The human looks up at you briefly, then closes his eyes and shakes his head.
"Pirates," he says, voice slightly muffled through the breath mask, "Steel Needles or something. They took our cargo, almost killed us."

He's breathing heavily, almost like he can't catch his breath. Now that you're up close, you can see the light blue streaks on his hair also appear on his face and hands. He is either some kind of near-human, or has received the pigment as some kind of style or decoration.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-20, 10:20 PM
Vikkal opts to simply pretend he didn't hear the question, walking through the metal detector and to the lift where Surrj was waiting.

Qazarar
2013-09-20, 10:21 PM
Marren tilts his head slightly. "Steel Needles? Is that a particular pirate group? What do you know about them? And what was in that cargo they were after?"

Noedig
2013-09-20, 11:06 PM
Mikael removed his breathmask and stepped up to the desk. He hated customs. The customs officials would stare at him, trying to figure out what species he was, and he had a habit of getting flagged for 'random' inspections. He handed her his identification and tried to look friendly.

"Hello! I am Mr. Flint, as it says on my card. As to my purpose on your station, I'd like a drink, a decent meal and maybe some entertainment. Then I'll start looking for work."

With the annoyance of customs handled, Mikael joined the others at the lift.

Thundercracker
2013-09-21, 12:25 AM
Titan 1, docking bay 5

Marren: The miner looks at you a bit more attentively, as if seeing you for the first time, then closes his eyes again as he speaks.

"Yes, they were a pirate group, not sure of the exact name, steel needles or steely needlers or something," he said, then paused to take a few more breaths.

"They're probably operating out of Titan 2, since they hypered out," he said.

As you ask about the cargo, he paused slightly too long before replying: "Ore, just ore."

"Who are you, anyway?" he asked.

OOC In case it wasn't clear, you don't think he's telling the whole truth about the cargo.

Qazarar
2013-09-21, 12:55 AM
"Just a pilot, nothing more. Where were you coming from that caught their attention, anyway?"Marren glances questioningly at the man.

MintyNinja
2013-09-21, 01:20 AM
Once the other two had joined him, Surrj enters a lift and selects the "Entertainment" sector. "Apparently security isn't in need of freelancers, but I did get some tips on places to check. Champ's or Lucky 7's. That work for you two?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-21, 07:22 AM
Titan 1, Docking Bay 5

Marren:
"We were... coming from the mining rig," the miner replied. He struggles to his feet, still holding the mask to his face.

"I have to go," he said and turned to walk into the docking bay. If you do not physically try to stop him, he steps onto the back of a medical speeder which is making its way out of the docking bay, a blond woman lying on the back. He stares as you as the rig passes by, probably on its way to Medical.

Titan 1, Entertainment level

Surrj, Ketesh, Mikael:
The elevator doors open into a large chamber with several wide corridors. Your ears are immediately assaulted by a cacophony of sound. Flashing lights proclaim the names of various restaurants, bars, clubs, and gambling halls. Vendors hawk their wares in the middle of the wide corridors. At first glance, it seems every available lot is taken, but after a few moments, it becomes apparent several are empty, with advertisements advising potential tenants to contact Ferrmore for leasing opportunities. Signs for Champ's Bar and Grille and the Lucky 7's gambling hall are both visible.

MintyNinja
2013-09-22, 12:19 AM
"So," Surrj says to the other two with him, "where do we start?"

Henry the 57th
2013-09-22, 12:40 PM
"I say Lucky 7's. Seems more likely to be a place to discuss dirtier business."

Noedig
2013-09-22, 12:43 PM
"Ketesh has the right of it. Casinos do often attract illicit businessmen. Most also have sophisticated fire suppression protocols."

MintyNinja
2013-09-22, 02:46 PM
"Alright, one more thing: Do we go in as a team or are we all here as individuals?" Surrj asked the others. Working as a team would make the jobs easier, but there'd be less of a payout to each member. Going in as individuals had the opposite parameters with the additional risk that they might end up opposed to each other. "I'd prefer team, seeing as we're each new to the system and we've gotten along so far."

Noedig
2013-09-22, 03:25 PM
Mikael was silent for a moment, busy considering what Surrj had laid out.

"A multi-species team would imply that the members have good interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills, all agreeable traits to a potential employer. It also implies that we lack narcissism, sociopathic behavior and bigotry, which employers may look unfavorably upon."

He clicked his teeth shut a few times, thinking.

"Also, it is more likely that a team of trained professionals will receive larger jobs which require a team to perform. Larger job, better pay. Better pay, bigger cut. I think a team would be better for all parties involved."

MintyNinja
2013-09-22, 05:05 PM
Surrj nods along with Mikael's explanation and as long as Ketesh has nothing contrary to say, he proceeds to lead them to Lucky 7's. This place reminded him of Nar Shadaa, and so he kept his head on a swivel. Pickpockets wouldn't likely be a problem for the three of them, but some gang or another might be looking for an alleviation to boredom. Surrj tried to take in as much of the area as he could while he walked, to gauge how close to the Smuggler's Moon this place really was.

Thundercracker
2013-09-22, 10:56 PM
Titan 1, Lucky 7's

The exterior of Lucky's is dull and drab, with a flickering neon sign displaying the name and a series of 7's in a row. The interior isn't much better. The carpeting is thin and faded, and several of the lights in the ceiling have gone out. Despite the aged infrastructure, however, the gambling tables themselves appear to be brand new, as do the holoprojectors.
There are several games to choose from, from Pazaak and Dejarik to Sabacc and Magna-Shuffle. There's even a set of Swoop and pod racing feeds, probably from elsewhere in the galaxy.

The front of the casino is not very crowded, most of the action appears to be towards the back, where more than a dozen sentients are crowded around a few holoprojectors. Several of the tables have only one or two patrons, and a few are empty. A coat check sits on your left with a helpful looking droid at the counter, and a short bar stands to your right, a human with a ragged scar on his neck wiping down one of the glasses. Several species are represented, but none appear to be especially happy. A pair of squat serving droids trundle about the hall, carrying drinks to patrons. There are at least three other exits aside from the one you just entered, one behind the coat check, one behind the bar, and another you can see in the back of the gambling hall.

Just when it appears the place is all depressing, you are approached by a young woman with light red skin, wearing some kind of black skin tight material.

"Hi boys, looking for anything in particular?" she asked with a smile.

Galactic lore or knowledge (biology) 15: This woman is a Zeltron

A cheer erupts from the back of the room, near the pod racing holoprojectors; some people have apparently just won some credits.

Athany
2013-09-22, 11:02 PM
So, this girl thinks I should be grateful just because she gave me a ride on her freighter. Which didn't even have shields! How laughable. Sylvie's pretty tempted to just blow off this presumptuous pilot, but she has a feeling that they'll run into each other again, so it'd be best to attempt for some sort of reconciliation, as futile as it seems to her.

"I'm sorry if I made you upset. What do you want from me now?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-22, 11:26 PM
Surrj is only mildly surprised at the flashy humanoid, unable to place her species, and is instantly reminded of several similar situations on Nar Shadaa that ended less than optimal. "I can't claim to speak for all of us in most things, but we are looking for work. Private security, if it needs to be said," he says in his guttural voice. He glances at the human behind the bar and can easily imagine a rough background. This is not a good place to start problems.

Thundercracker
2013-09-23, 03:11 AM
Titan 1, Lucky 7's

The young redhead eyed Surrj appraisingly.

"Follow me," she said, and strode between the sparsely populated gambling tables, past the swoop race projectors, and through a door marked 'VIP'.

The scent of death sticks mixed with something else wafts out of the of the VIP room before you even enter. It's much more plush than the main area, with thick carpeting covering the floor and a stage set up at the far end of the room. The requisite scantily clad twi'lek female with light blue skin is performing there, dancing to some exotic music. Private booths line the walls, about four on each side, though most appear unoccupied at the moment. There are couches around coffee tables at regular intervals, with a group of humans and Zeltrons are playing some kind of dice game around one. Several bored looking women wearing cocktail dresses are seated at the couches, and they turn when you enter, but just as quickly they turn back to whatever conversations they were having.

Several sentients are seated at the base of the stage, watching the show. To one side of the stage, a large wookie stood up as you entered, but a wave from your escort relaxed him, and he sat down again and folded his arms behind his head.

She leads you to a private sabacc booth, ducks her head as she steps inside, and motions for you to follow.

If you enter the booth:
Inside the booth is a holo-sabacc table, which is similar to a normal sabacc table, except there are small holoprojectors at each seat, allowing players to play against opponents remotely, if they so choose. The redhead draws the curtains and presses a button on the table.
"I think I found the muscle you were looking for," she said.

After that there is silence. She smiles at you.

Noedig
2013-09-23, 08:50 AM
The woman was very pretty, whatever she was. Mikael vaguely recalled seeing her species in magazines and on other worlds, usually in places like this and alongside the more common female twi'lek.

He followed her and the others into the VIP section, making a few mental notes on the overall soundness of the building he was in. Appearances could be deceiving as he well knew. Once inside the private sabacc booth he removed his mask, as was polite, and his nose was assaulted by a myriad of pungent chemical odors.

"May we sit?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-23, 08:59 AM
Titan 1, Lucky 7's VIP room

"Of course, please do," she replied, gesturing to the seats around the table.

She smiled again, and appeared to be waiting for something.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-23, 09:08 AM
Ketesh walks along without particular comment - he isn't a Geonosian of many words anyway. He looks at the Twi'lek female with some degree of puzzlement. What do these humanoids find so gratifying about seeing a female sway like that? There are so many like this. he wonders idly.

When invited to do so, Ketesh sits down in the booth as best he can, adjusting his wings so as to avoid sitting on them, despite the extra space that means they take up. "So, may I ask who we are to be "muscle" for?"

Noedig
2013-09-23, 09:11 AM
Mikael wished absently that he had worn his business suit instead of his working clothes. It would've presented a much better picture of himself. As it was he sat down and propped his right leg on his left knee, folded his hands in his lap and leaned back into the plush seat.

He turned his attention to the woman. She hadn't said anything or otherwise reacted to his face, which was curious. It was dangerous to make assumptions, and so he merely filed the fact away for future reference. He was also glad Ketesh had popped the question of their potential employer first.

Thundercracker
2013-09-23, 10:35 AM
Lucky 7's, VIP section

"Give him a second, he'll be-" the Zeltron started, but she was interrupted by one of the holo projectors activating.

The blue image of a Quarren's upper torso and head appeared in the dealer's position, tentacles waving menacingly. He leaned back slightly, as if he had just pressed a button.

For those able to speak Quarren: "This better be good Kayla," he said.

"You said we needed muscle," she replied, "here they are."

"Hmm," the Quarren said, leaning closer to the recorder, looking each of you over, "you boys wouldn't happen to have a ship, would you?"

"You didn't say anything about a-" the redhead started, but a glare from the Quarren silenced her. He turned back to the party.

"Well?" he asked.

Noedig
2013-09-23, 12:16 PM
Mikael flicked his eyes between the woman and the Quarren. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"We do have access to a ship, yes. I take it the job will be off of Titan 1 then?"

dancrilis
2013-09-23, 02:08 PM
Lucy

"Upset it the wrong word - my ship is fine but under equipped, as such I like things done a certain way. You have an attitude of entitlement about you - first assuming that I should hire you, than attempting to convince others that I was shady and that they should not travel with me, and than by disobeying instructions to remain out of the cockpit", her voice was calm, "I may be reading you wrong - but if not we should part ways no harm done, and all the best with your family issue".

"And to answer your question, I want nothing from you - nor have I ever other than a general good natured and friendly individual aboard my ship who understood her place aboard it", shrugging "I don't think we will get along as your attitude rubs me the wrong way" sighing "regardless I have matters to attend to - I am happy for you to leave your items aboard for one day while you get settled here as a courtesy" not that the hairy woman seemed to understand what that was "but if you would like to take them now instead before I seal the ship I can wait".

She had not travelled all the way here to argue with someone she could have happily left behind, if the woman wanted her assistance in the future she could earn it.

Thundercracker
2013-09-23, 09:06 PM

"Good," the Quarren replied, leaning back again, "one of my regular guys got his ship impounded. I need someone to pick up 50 tons of bacta from Corellia and deliver it to Fircal. The job pays 5,000 credits. Can you do that?"

None of you have ever heard of Fircal.

MintyNinja
2013-09-23, 09:10 PM
Surrj eyed the wookiee before taking the seat, old hatreds stirring deeply. It affected him to the point of silence while Mikael and the Quarren discussed the job. Snapping back to reality, Surrj felt it was wise to keep his mouth shut and let the human continue talking.

Thundercracker
2013-09-23, 09:10 PM
Titan 1, Docking bay 5

Marren:

An older looking human, probably in his mid 40's, walks down the gangplank of the transport, his arm in a sling. He runs his fingers through salt-and-pepper hair as he looks up at the ruined transport, shaking his head. He looks upset and appears to be talking to himself, though you can't quite overhear what he's saying.

Noedig
2013-09-23, 10:24 PM
"Sounds relatively simple. I am not familiar with Fircal. You clearly know of it if you are having us conduct such a valuable substance to the system illicitly. Anything special in the way of law enforcement or customs we should be aware of regarding Fircal? Or will this be a standard smuggling affair?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-23, 11:02 PM

The Quarren's tentacles quivered slightly.

"You don't know-" he cut himself short and sighed.

"Kayla will fill you in on the details," he said, "if you get boarded by GT inspectors, we never had this conversation."

The holoprojector goes dark.

Kayla looks the three of you over.

"Fircal is one of Kalatar's outlying colonies, recently settled," she said, "it'll take me a few hours to set up the exchange. What should I call you? Is there anyone else in your crew?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-24, 12:44 PM
"I suppose the actual owner of said ship would need to be cut in on the action, if she agrees to accompany us," Surrj says thoughtfully. He didn't mention the Bothan just yet because he had no idea of her whereabouts or plans. There was the Duros, as well. He seemed to get along well with the Captain and that still meant a 5 way split of 1,000 cr each. "As to what to call us, do you mean individually or as a group?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-24, 07:22 PM

"None of you actually owns a ship?" Kayla replied.

She sighed and leaned back in her seat.

"Go talk to your captain, here's my com ID," she said, "just so you know, it won't be a good thing if you back out now."

"You know my name and I don't know yours, so both, actually," she said, smiling at Surrj.

MintyNinja
2013-09-24, 08:22 PM
Surrj paused for a moment before replying, "I'm Surrj. The others can introduce themselves. Our careers have only recently intersected and our individual names will have to do." Lucy and Marren would probably want a say in that. Is the Bothan going to stick around long enough or will she just move on?

Athany
2013-09-24, 08:42 PM
Sylvie waits patiently for Lucy to finish her spiel. "If your ad was more clear in the first place, perhaps we might not have had such a misunderstanding. But since it's obvious that you don't like me, I think it's best for me to take my things with me. Good day."

Pulling her two suitcases behind her, she looks for a place to securely store her things, and a place to change. She decides to take a peek at the docking bay next door. It would be prudent to learn something about any armed gangs roaming the area.

Qazarar
2013-09-24, 11:05 PM
Marren walks a little closer and waits for the man to walk towards the exit before engaging him, curious about what the first was hiding. "Hello. Your ship was attacked by those criminals, correct? What do you know about them? What were they after?"

Thundercracker
2013-09-25, 01:49 AM
Titan 1, Docking bay 5

Sylvie: There is a small crowd milling about the entrance to docking bay 5, although it's beginning to break up a bit. You can also see Marren, inside the docking bay, approaching a human wearing a Kalatar miner's uniform. The damaged transport dominates the rest of the hangar. Marren and the miner appear to be having some sort of conversation, but it's difficult to make out at this distance.

Marren: "It's the damn steely needles out of Titan 2, I'd be willing to bet my bonus, or what's left of it, after this," the miner said, gesturing to the ruined transport.
"Ever since the belt became a neutral zone, it's been open season on us miners," he said.

As you ask about his cargo he pursed his lips to one side and replied bluntly, "Ore, mined from the belt."

dancrilis
2013-09-25, 07:29 AM
Lucy

Rolling her eyes after escorting the Bothan off the ship with her stuff - and with nothing that was hers, going forward she would blood scan everyone coming aboard for a database the girl was trouble.

Still four out five was alright, she smiled.

Doing an inventory of the ship and taking a few minutes to ensure that regular maintenance was up to scratch, she than activated the security protocols, and had the R2 do a full systems check while she was gone.

Most important order of business was ensuring that any docking fees and rules and regulations for this station and the system in general were understood, than seeing if there were any cheap upgrades she could take, seeing trade prices - it could be a profitable trip, and hopefully she could avoid the fate of the other transport - she would check on them later though.

She set into the station her goals in mind.

Thundercracker
2013-09-25, 10:54 AM
Titan 1, Docking Bay level

Lucy: The corridor stretches out in both directions from the doors leading to docking bay 4. To your right is Docking Bay 5, with a small crowd still slowly dispersing. To your left are elevators which lead to the Administration/Customs level. Automated walkways extend in both directions. There are also several other doors or elevators, either with a sign stating "Ferrmore Employees Only" or unmarked.

dancrilis
2013-09-25, 06:34 PM
Lucy

The Administration/Customs level seemed to be the place she needed, both to introduce herself to the establishment formerly, learn the rules and make contacts. If she was going to purchase anything she would also need to know what was particularly illegal in the system - and for both planets.

Taking the time to make sure she looked a bit crisp before moving in to see about the layout of the place and the best approach for work - ideally she would be able to get a contracting position for deliveries to both systems and build up from there.

Thundercracker
2013-09-25, 07:37 PM
Titan 1, Customs

Lucy: The lift travels down a floor or two, and the doors open to a large, brightly lit chamber. The walls and floor are all gray durasteel, and the air is the familiar sterile, recycled air of ships and space stations. At the far end is a row of raised desks hosting officers of varying species, mostly human, seated behind transparisteel. Behind them are several metal detectors, behind which is a hallway which bends around a corner. Along the walls are several doors, some marked, some unmarked, and a row of computer terminals. Arrows on the floor direct you to the customs desks.

Approaching the customs desk will prompt the customs officer to ask two questions: Identification? What's your business on Titan 1?

Henry the 57th
2013-09-26, 08:09 AM
"I am Ketesh. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Ketesh says.

dancrilis
2013-09-26, 08:37 AM
Lucy

Walking to the desk she had her ID ready, "Lucy Skyfire, Captain of the ship in Docking Bay Four. I am attempting to establish myself as a trader inside and outside the system - and felt that neutral ground would be the most beneficial starting point", she offered the answers with a polite smile.

"I would like to get a full dossier of the rules, regulations for the station and the system in general - and to be added as a possible free lance trader for any jobs the facility may have available, or requests the facility may have".

Noedig
2013-09-26, 10:03 AM
Mikael slipped his mask back on.

"Mr. Flint, at your service. And don't worry about us getting cold feet. The job will get done, one way or another.

Thundercracker
2013-09-26, 10:42 AM
Titan 1, Customs & Administration

Lucy: "Rules and regulations can be downloaded from the computer terminals there," the customs agent said, gesturing to the bank of computers along one wall.

"Ferrmore doesn't hire freelancers, but Muiridon and Kalatar both maintain offices right here on Administration," he continued, gesturing to two doors on opposite sides of the chamber, "you might check with them. I also hear Lucky 7's and Champ's on Entertainment are good places to find work, too, depending on what you're looking for."

"Welcome to Titan 1, Ms. Skyfire," he said, handing your ID back to you.

Surrj, Ketesh, Mikael: "Alright," Kayla replied, "take care of any preparations you need to and meet back here in an hour for the details."

She pulled the curtain aside to let you exit the booth first. Assuming you do so, she'll walk to you back to the main gambling hall and close the door behind you.

dancrilis
2013-09-26, 10:51 AM
Lucy

Taking back the ID, "thank you" she checks the name tag and makes use of it, "I will have to check them out - as a matter of interest would Ferrmore hire any traders in general, and could I perhaps be put on a reference in case any longer term jobs become available" she doubted she would take one that lasted any real league of time - but seeing a contract and might be worthwhile.

"Thank you for your time, I appreciate it" one if the things that she knew about people was that a certain level of respect for helping you could go a long way.

Than downloading the rules and regulations, she proceeds to the Entertainment section to sit and review them, not sure where she would take a seat yet.

MintyNinja
2013-09-26, 04:02 PM
As Surrj and the others see the door to the private area close, the large Trandoshan speaks up, "We need to find Lucy. She did leave us her contact info before we parted ways, but should we work out the deal here or elsewhere?" He wasn't used to a leader's position, most of his career spent alone or with a solitary partner. He was careful not to make presumptions for the other two, but seeing as Lucy a common contact for all three of them then it only made sense to bring her in on the deal.

Thundercracker
2013-09-26, 09:47 PM

Lucy: The elevator doors open into a large chamber with several wide corridors. Your ears are immediately assaulted by a cacophony of sound. Flashing lights proclaim the names of various restaurants, bars, clubs, and gambling halls. Vendors hawk their wares in the middle of the wide corridors. At first glance, it seems every available lot is taken, but after a few moments, it becomes apparent several are empty, with advertisements advising potential tenants to contact Ferrmore for leasing opportunities. Signs for Champ's Bar and Grille and the Lucky 7's gambling hall are both visible. There are also several benches spaced out along the sides of the corridors. Sentients wander about, browsing the hawker stalls or relaxing at one of the many venues.

Noedig
2013-09-26, 09:52 PM
"I see to possibilities at this point. One, we find Lucy and offer her a reasonable cut in return for transporting us and the goods. Two, we steal the ship. I lean toward option one, mainly because having law enforcement already after us would not be ideal."

Athany
2013-09-26, 10:03 PM
Sylvie takes a few steps towards the damaged freighter, as if to gawk at it more closely, but also to see what she can eavesdrop from the conversation. She also readies herself for an opening to talk to Marren, to see if he'd be willing to discuss anything he'd learned about the raiders.

Thundercracker
2013-09-26, 10:29 PM
Titan 1, Docking bay 5

Sylvie manages to get close enough to where she can overhear the conversation. The miner doesn't seem to notice her, but Marren can easily see her from his position.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-26, 11:44 PM
"I would agree that acquiring a criminal record so soon after arriving would be a bad idea. Particularly for those of us who hope to gain local government employment in the future."

MintyNinja
2013-09-26, 11:53 PM
"Alright then," Surrj agrees with the others. He pulls out his datapad and pulls up Lucy's contact info. Feeding it through his comlink he sends her a message: This is Surrj, Ketesh, and Mikael Flint. We've found an employment opportunity here and would like to bring you in. Can you meet us at Lucky 7's?

With the message sent Surrj sits at a booth with a view of the front door to the establishment. "Hopefully that will draw her interest. If she declines then we'll figure something else out."

Qazarar
2013-09-27, 12:13 AM
Marren is sure the man won't speak directly, but maybe he can find out on his own. "Where should I inquire about the mining operations if I would like to learn more?" He distinctly refrains from acknowledging the bothan at the moment, planning to speak with her afterwards.

Thundercracker
2013-09-27, 01:30 AM

Lucy: "Well well, if it isn't the daughter of Lucian Skyfire," a high pitched voice said. You look up to see the green skin and black pupiless eyes of a Rodian.
"You're not here by yourself, are you?" he asked.

He clucks a few times, which you can only assume is his version of 'tsk tsk'.

"A lot of people would pay good money for that information, but today's your lucky day, I'm not looking for you," he said, glancing around, "I do wish to speak with you though, in private."

"Come to apartment 535A, on Living," he said, passing you a security chip and walking away.

Titan 1, Docking bay 5

Marren & Sylvie: "Ferrmore doesn't work with freelancers, but Kalatar's always hiring," the miner replied, "their office is..."

The sentence died on his lips as a rumbling noise grew from the corridor. Your attention is drawn to the blast doors as four droideka battle droids roll into the hangar and deploy into attack mode. Following closely behind them, tall man with a hawk-nose dressed in a dark blue military uniform strode into the hangar, boots clicking on the floor. His skin and hair bore the familiar blue streaks of the Kalatar.

"Captain Jon Korobell," he said, pausing for effect, "you're wanted for questioning."

He glances at Marren and Sylvie.

"You're coming too," he said, gesturing to the both of you.

Two of the droideka begin waddling out to the side, flanking you.

"Just tell the truth and you'll be fine," Korobell whispered.

The miner walked towards the officer at a decidedly brisk pace, considering the display of firepower from the droids.

"Lead the way Captain Yanith," he said loudly.

Qazarar
2013-09-27, 04:25 AM
Marren is rather surprised by this turn of events, and complies without question. No need to make enemies.

dancrilis
2013-09-27, 05:24 AM
Lucy

It was too noisy, she wanted somewhere quite - maybe a coffee shop - but not this, receiving the call from Surrj she was about to respond when the Rodian approached her.

So he knew who she was, and recognised her on sight - not to bad, most people would not be inclined to make conflict with her father "a lot of people would also worry about what exposing me might cost them if anything happened" she leaned in with a smile.

Standing up again "but I suppose we can discuss matters to benefit the pair of us - might be nice to know someone familiar with home, I will meet you at your place - call it an hour".

If he had nothing else to say she would leave, accessing her comlink back to her ship first "R2, apartment 535A, on Living can you find out anything about who keeps it?".

Than contacting Surrj "Hi Surrj, providing the pay is good from a risk verses reward standpoint I might be interested" no harm in telling the Trandoshan in case something went wrong "I have to take care of some items on Living first - some old history you understand".

With that she went to return to her ship for the report by the droid, to read the rules in quite, and than to go to living for the hour.

To get a read on the Rodian.
Perception (Sense Deception): [roll0]

To remind the Rodian that it is better to be on her good side (not trying to intimidate him - just reminding him it is better to be friends).
Persuasion (Change Attitude): [roll1]

MintyNinja
2013-09-27, 02:40 PM
Receiving the message from Lucy, Surrj looks to the other two men with him, "She's got business to deal with first, but she's interested. Something going on at Living..." He trails off while considering his options. "Think we should head over there, in a 'just in case' capacity? Or should we just alleviate ourselves here with drink and games?"

Noedig
2013-09-27, 02:58 PM
"I am currently without my tools of the trade, though given the industrial nature of this place, I can't imagine it would be hard to throw something together. My weapons are disallowed on the majority of these levels, so if we did go help her with...whatever she is doing, I'm not sure how useful I would be."

Henry the 57th
2013-09-27, 03:55 PM
"Did she request any aid? Or give any hint what she was doing?"

MintyNinja
2013-09-27, 03:59 PM
"Just old history, apparently," Surrj replied. He was curious as to what their captain was doing, but knew better than to pry. "She didn't ask for help, either. And she only told us what floor she's going to, not the actual room number. I suppose we might as well stick around up here, then. Any other ideas?"

Athany
2013-09-27, 05:50 PM
Great, not even an hour on this rock and I've already drawn official attention. With no choice but to comply, she wordlessly follows.

Thundercracker
2013-09-27, 09:05 PM
Titan 1, Entertainment

Marren & Sylvie: You follow Captain Yanith down one of the unmarked elevators, directly to the Customs & Administration level. Korobell whispers the whole way that things will be fine, you didn't do anything wrong, etc. It's almost as if he's trying to convince himself.

The elevator doors open into a small room. The smell here is the same as the rest of the station, but somehow the glowrods in the ceiling seem somehow more ominous. There is enough space for a desk with transparisteel panels above it, to protect the greeter, a Kalatar woman with dark hair in a bun and a crisp, blue uniform. Behind the desk are two doors on opposite sides of the back wall. A droideka sits in the far corner, seemingly inactive, and security cameras are evident here, hanging from the ceiling and panning as you cross the room, watching your every move.

Yanith walks behind the desk and presses a button behind the transparisteel barrier.

"Private, meet me at the checkpoint," he said, and a muffled affirmative followed from the other side.

"Follow me," he said, and you are led through the left door, which leads toa much larger room. There is a security scanner here, similar to one you would see at customs, and a row of lockers against the far wall. A young Kalatar man with close cropped brown hair bursts through the door at the far side of the room.

"I'll need you to leave any weapons you're carrying for the duration of the interview," Yanith said, gesturing to the lockers, completely ignoring the private, "this is a precaution for our own safety. Any items will be returned to you when you leave, regardless of their legality on the station."

He motions for you to step through the security scanner. The private waits on the far side with a hand held scanner of some kind.

OOC: Let me know if you're going to try to sneak a weapon in, otherwise you can bring what you can carry on your person, and everything else gets stored in the lockers.

Once you pass through the security scanner, the private runs a handheld scanner over you, apparently as a second layer of security. You stop at a holding cell and Korobell is ushered inside. You are then led to a small interview room, where Yanith closes the door behind you. Somewhere along the way, three of the droideka dropped off, so now there is only one in the room with you and the Captain.

The interview room is bare, with just a table and a few chairs. Yanith sits down at one of them and motions for you to do the same.

"Tell me what happened," he said.

Lucy: R2 responds almost immediately, in Binary: There's no connection to the station's main computer. I'd have to leave the ship and try to find a port somewhere.

You don't have any trouble making it back to your ship. R2 is unlikely to find any meaningful information about the tenant of Apartment 535A without slicing into the station's computers. The complete station rules and regulations are incredibly boring, and you find it difficult to get farther than chapter 1. One thing which is interesting is that Ferrmore Security is exempt from their own rules; they can employ whatever weapon they wish and the restriction on droids does not apply to them.

Henry the 57th
2013-09-27, 11:56 PM
"Perhaps we should make some attempt to learn more of our would-be employer and his agent." Ketesh suggests. "Is he well-known? Does he have a reputation for any particular trait or behavior? How powerful is he around here? Things like that."

MintyNinja
2013-09-28, 12:07 AM
"We don't even know his name..." Surrj pointed out. "And I get the sneaking suspicion that asking questions about Kayla will give her more answers than us. Maybe we should just enjoy this deck for what it is: entertainment."

dancrilis
2013-09-28, 10:00 AM
Lucy

She reconsider having the droid hack the system - "fine, instead check any public records that we have access to in relation to my father's interests in this system - particularly with Rodians".

Reading the notes was mind-numbing, and nothing that would really help - she would have to get used to reading them if she wanted to run things properly though in the years to come.

Checking her weapons meet the allowed restrictions (and keeping the hidden one on her as a matter of habit) she moved out to meet the Rodian.

With luck the others would have go the hint that if there was trouble it might be helpful if they were close - but that she didn't want them to close in case there wasn't any issue. Considering matters probably not - they didn't know her that well, unless they tipped of the Rodian by accessing her systems.

"R2 run a full system scan on the journey and give me a full background on our guests when you can" she requested as she moved off to Living.

MintyNinja
2013-09-28, 03:16 PM
As the others consider their options, Surrj types up a small command on his Datapad, bringing up his Comlink frequency. "Look, use this to get a hold of me if needed, I'm going to see what this place has to offer." The large Trandoshan left the table and Lucky 7's altogether and stepped back out into cacophonous din of the entertainment deck. He walked over to Champs, and entered the building.

OOC: Don't mean to be rude, but while the two of you take your time with thinking up our next step, I'm going to try and win credits.

Thundercracker
2013-09-28, 10:41 PM
Titan 1, Champion's Bar and Grille

Surrj: The first thing you notice about Champ's is the smell. Roasting or grilled meat, along with what is likely several types of spices, sets your mouth watering almost as soon as you step in the door. The floor here is black and white checkerboard. White cloth covers the tables, and there are holo projectors set up at regular intervals, displaying various sporting events. A large bar dominates the center of the restaurant. Like Lucky 7's, the venue is relatively empty. A squat human with brown skin stands behind the bar, attending customers.

You are approached by a young man, also with brown skin and jet black hair, wearing a smart waiter's or greeter's outfit.

"Welcome to Champ's, how many in your party?"

Lucy: R2 laments that he doesn't have access to a Holonet receiver, so whatever information he has is limited to the background checks you ran prior to departing Sullust. He could try to access the station's Holonet receiver though, which should be freely available to use from a computer jack. He's not aware of any business dealings your father has in the system, Rodians or otherwise.

You take the elevator from the Docking bays down to Customs, and from there to Living. The doors open to a softly lit foyer. None of the native rock is visible, having been covered up with wood decorations or faux marble. The air here is slightly cooler, and a few plants spruce up the decor. To your right is a sign marked 'residents' and to your left is a sign marked 'visitors', along with what appears to be a check-in desk, manned by a protocol droid. Apparently Titan 1 has both apartments and hotel rooms for rent. Both doors on either side are made of transparisteel, revealing corridors and additional elevators beyond. There is also a third office marked 'management', but that is a normal durasteel door and you cannot see inside. An aqualish and a twi'lek are making their way to the visitor's section, the aqualish stroking the twi'lek's lekku as they walk. The aqualish scans an ID badge similar to the one the Rodian gave to you, and the transparisteel slides to one side. He then escorts the twi'lek through the doors, which close behind them.

Noedig
2013-09-28, 11:15 PM
Mikael turned from where he had been staring at an advertisement for a gentlemen's club and saw the Surrj had disappeared into Champs. He hustled after him.
"Two. I will be joining him."

MintyNinja
2013-09-28, 11:18 PM
Surrj was holding up a hand with a single finger extended, but at Mikael's words he added another, "Yes, two. At the bar if it's no different to you." He followed the young man and once they were seated he asked Mikael, "So intent on my company?"

Noedig
2013-09-28, 11:20 PM
Mikael smirked behind his mask.

"Hardly. If you hadn't notice, I'm hardly what you would call pretty. Next to you however..."

He let the sentence hang.

MintyNinja
2013-09-28, 11:25 PM
"Ha!" Surrj laughed sharply. He beckoned to the bartender and ordered, "Two of whatever it is that smells so good, and drinks with them." He remembered there being a possibility of work here, but first his appetite could use sating and Mr. Flint had been rather companionable on the trip. There was no reason to put off a decent meal with decent company. "If you think anyone's looking at us in such a way that our prettiness is assumed, check your cred stick."

Noedig
2013-09-28, 11:32 PM
Mikael adopted an affronted tone.

"My money and the high quality escorts I buy with it is no one's business but my own, thank you very much. When you're in my shoes, pleasant female company is worth any cost."

MintyNinja
2013-09-28, 11:37 PM
"Were I in your shoes, I'd need to buy new shoes," Surrj said with a laugh. He clicked his clawed feet against the tiled floor to make his point as the drinks came around. Hoisting his own bottle he said in a reproached tone, "To each their own."

Henry the 57th
2013-09-29, 12:01 AM
Ketesh watches the two go. Not being the particularly social type, he decides to abstain from joining the two at the bar. I wonder what they have for sale around here. he thinks. He heads out to search the hardware and personal shopping districts. In particular, he looks to see what kind of droids are available, and their cost.

Thundercracker
2013-09-29, 09:12 PM
Titan 1, Champ's

Surrj, Mikael: A portly dark skinned waiter comes by with your order, and then passes by again a few moments later.

"How are you gentlemen doing, is the food to your satisfaction?" he asked.

"If there is anything.. else I can do for you, please let me know," he said with a smile.

MintyNinja
2013-09-29, 09:20 PM
Surrj gives the waiter a nod as he chews through the meat of his meal. While eating he glances around the establishment, keeping an eye out for anyone paying undue attention towards him and Mikael.

Perception: [roll0]

Noedig
2013-09-29, 09:36 PM
Mikael looked up from his meal.

"Not in the way of food, no. Thank you though."

Thundercracker
2013-09-29, 10:57 PM
Titan 1, Champ's bar and grille

Surrj, Mikael: The waiter nods.

"If you need anything else, just let me know," he said, then moved away.

A large gammorean steps out from one of the doors leading to a kitchen or back room, closes the door behind him, and folds his arms. You do notice you are attracting a significant amount of attention from an Aqualish and a rough human with crooked nose. They're sitting in a booth in the corner, just staring at you.

MintyNinja
2013-09-29, 11:03 PM
Surrj takes another bite and between chews he mutters to Mikael, "Corner booth. Don't look too friendly. You armed?"

Noedig
2013-09-30, 12:08 AM
Mikael's shoulders tense slightly, and his grip tightens on his fork. His eyes flick around the bar.

"Materials are readily available. Twenty seconds."

He leans forward and flags down the bartender. The tension bleeds out of his shoulders and his tone resumes its friendly style.

"Excuse me, bartender. May I please have a bottle of your strongest whiskey, a glass and a fresh, cloth napkin? Oh and a lighter if you have one. Seems I forgot mine, and I have to indulge a filthy habit."

MintyNinja
2013-09-30, 12:25 AM
Surrj nods as Mikael orders his 'drink'. Once the bottle and supplies are served, the large Trandoshan finishes his meal and pushes his plate aside. He steps up from the bar and approaches the corner, looking the Aqualish in his larger eyes all the while. "You boys okay? The way you've been looking at me makes me think there's something going on. Is there?"

Perception: Sense Deception
[roll0]

Thundercracker
2013-09-30, 02:17 AM
Titan 1, Shopping – Hardware
Ketesh: This floor is massive, with a high ceilinged chamber carved largely out of the native rock, and obviously reinforced in some places with patched durasteel and duracrete. There are two levels of shops here, with an open center populated by the ever present hawkers. Sentients of all stripes wander about, browsing, Muiridon and Kalatar mixing freely with the foreigners to the system. There’s even an Ithorian. The air here is warm and slightly humid, and you realized you’re standing next to a home appliance store, which is advertising the humidified air they’re pumping into the chamber. There are escalators to the right and left to take you to the second story, and the walls are lined with stores. You can buy anything from home repair kits and appliances, ship maintenance kits and cleaning services, even shipboard upgrades like shields and weapons, though most appear to have display models only. There are several droid shops to choose from, and a wide variety of models are available.

OOC: You can purchase anything restricted or lower, so long as it’s not an assassin/battle droid, as owning these are against station rules. Military or Illegal droids may or may not be available (subject to a roll)

Titan 1, Champ’s bar and grille
Mikael, Surrj: Now that you are closer, you can see that the human’s nose was clearly broken at some point; he looks like he’s had his fair share of barfights. The aqualish looks like a bruiser, well built. The two look at each other, then the human pipes up.

“We saw you and that freakshow you’re with come over from Lucky 7’s. What do you want?” he asked.
You don’t think he’s hiding anything; his hostility seems fairly genuine, though it's not immediately apparent why.

MintyNinja
2013-09-30, 02:23 AM
"My business is my own. And if you're thinking that tone is going to glean you secrets, well, let's just say your nose looks unfinished," Surrj says to the human. As long as he kept their attention on him then they would be less likely to pick Mikael out as a combatant. He could probably take a few hits, but splitting skulls so soon off the ship would probably be problematic.

Thundercracker
2013-09-30, 10:15 AM
Titan 1, Champ's bar and grille

Surrj & Mikael: The aqualish makes a move to stand up, but the human puts a hand on his wrist and the alien sits back down.

"Why don't you go finish up your food, and then if you got any business, you can tell it to us, otherwise, you just see yourself out the door," the human replied, "move along now, lizard boy."

He makes a dismissive shooing motion with his hand.
OOC: 50 credits for the meal, 120 credits for the drink.

dancrilis
2013-09-30, 01:07 PM
Lucy

"Thanks R2, I will let you get back to work - I will get you off the ship later to review" she finished.

Entering Living she moved to the protocol droid "could I get directions to 535A, please, I have to meet an acquaintance".

MintyNinja
2013-09-30, 09:56 PM
Surrj narrows his eyes at the human and hesitates a moment while leaning towards the man. But he changes his mind and instead stalks back to the bar, pulling out his credstick and paying for his meal and the drink (-170 cr). "Thoughts?" he whispers to Mikael while at the bar.

Athany
2013-09-30, 11:57 PM
Sylvie leaves her weapons in the lockers. This was no place to start shooting, and her limited armament wouldn't do much against a droideka anyways. As she takes her seat in the interview, her goal is to simply get things over with quickly, although if she could tease some additional information from the officer, that would be useful as well.

"Are you asking about the ship I was staring at? Well, I don't know much, I just came over to gawk. But on my way here there seemed to be some kind of altercation in space. Our pilot Lucy Skyfire didn't tell us much, but I tried to get a look at things, and it appeared to be a raid of some sort."

Noedig
2013-10-01, 12:07 AM
"Part of me desperately wants to throw a lit bottle of whiskey in their faces and chuckle darkly while they roll on the floor in agony. The other part thinks they are sad, stupid little men, who aren't worth the effort. I'm content with that."

Qazarar
2013-10-01, 12:10 AM
Marren nods, and adds to the telling. "We were on our way out of the station and had just exited hyperspace when we noticed an altercation. The damaged vessel was being fired upon by two other ships, who ceased harassing it when it let go of it's cargo. They were joined by two other ships before they carted it away. After we arrived, I went to speak to the crew members about what happened, and ensure that they were alright. And if you don't mind, why do you ask? Is there some regulation we were unaware of regarding the aiding of damaged ships?"

MintyNinja
2013-10-01, 12:13 AM
"Well we can walk out of here unhindered, I think. If they provoke us any further..." Surrj trails off leaving the rest unsaid. If Mikael was also done with his meal then the large Trandoshan would make his way to the door.

Thundercracker
2013-10-01, 04:42 AM
Titan 1, Living

Lucy: The protocol droid extends an arm to the residential section.

"Apartment 535A is through those doors, turn right at the end of the hall," it said in a mechanical droning voice.

You use the ID card and the doors open. After passing a small, round cleaning droid, whirring as it mops the floor of the hallway, apartment 535A is not hard to find. Pressing the door buzzer earns you a muffled voice from inside, followed by the door being thrown open. The Rodian from earlier is standing there.

"Come in, come in!" he said, moving deeper into the apartment. The apartment itself is functional, but well short of lavish. A quartet of chairs sit around a blue table, made of some synthetic material. Duracrete covers the walls here, one wall adorned with a painting of a yellow flower in a pot.

A moment passes, and the Rodian emerges with a kettle of boiling water.

"Tea?" he asked.

After pouring, he gets right down to business, sitting at the table while waiting for the steaming liquid to cool.

"I'm looking for someone," he said, "this woman, who would have come into the system very recently, within the past few days."

He holds up a mini-holo projector, which displays a completely unfamiliar woman's face.

Titan 1, Customs and Administration, Kalatar naval office

Marren & Sylvie: Captain Yanith sighs.
"No, there is no regulation, but I wanted to hear your side of the story before getting Korobell's statement. This is the second time he's had to dump his cargo before making it to the safe zone, and I'm starting to think it's more of a coincidence than a coincidence," he replied.

"At any rate, would you be willing to let us use your statements as evidence, if it comes to that?" he asked.

Regardless of your response, Yanith nods. "Let me get Korobell's story and you'll be free to go," he said. Once you're in the holding cell, however, the private arrives and whispers into Yanith's ear, and he glances to the two of you quickly, then looks away before moving off.

Whatever he said, it couldn't have been good. You begin to feel lightheaded, and your vision starts to go black. They must be gassing you!

Titan 1, Hardware

Ketesh: You feel a brushing at your side, and you look down to see a Jawa attempting to lift your comlink. He yelps and scampers off deeper into the chamber, weaving in and out of the hawker stalls.

Titan 1, Entertainment, outside Champ's

Mikael & Surrj: A breadroll soars out of the restaurant and hits Surrj squarely in the back of the head. A chortling noise issues from the booth, followed by a sharp smack. You turn around just in time to see the broken-nosed human stand up and slap the aqualish hard enough to knock him a step to the side. The human turns around and looks at the two of you, one hand reaching inside the booth, waiting...

MintyNinja
2013-10-01, 04:54 AM
They say that Wookiees can go into a rage and rain down destruction on their enemies. A white hot fury that lends strength to their arms from unknown reserves. What no seems to piece together is, in all the years of warfare between Trandoshans and the Wookiees, that Trandoshan's can have a short temper.

Surrj enters the bar again, sparing no glances for the waitstaff or the bartender, his gaze fixed solely on the Aqualish. He draws no weapon but will approach as far as he can before someone pulls one of their own or he's able to throw a punch at the four-eyed creature.

IF no one draws a weapon or attempts to stop him, basic unarmed attack:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

IF someone attempts to stop him forcibly or draws a weapon, then I guess it's time for Initiative: [roll2]

Also note, saving Swift action for next round.

dancrilis
2013-10-01, 06:37 AM
Lucy

She gave him a patient look as she waits for him to sample his tea first, "I have no idea who that is - and I am really hoping that you have more to tell me after getting me to come up here" surely he didn't think he could show her random pictures and expect her to know the person.

Thundercracker
2013-10-01, 08:47 AM
Champ's bar and grille (battle map)

Surrj, Mikael: Surrj moves towards the Aqualish, a waiter wisely ducking out of the way, but the alien sees him coming and, with a bellow, charges forward to meet him halfway. He just barely ducks under Surrj's swing and attempts to counter with a punch to the abdomen. The human in the back draws some kind of pistol, but holds it across his midsection, appearing to be content to let the fistfight play out for now. The gammorean who was standing in front of the door on the northeast corner of the restaurant is nowhere to be seen.

Aqualish: attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Lucy: The Rodian nods.
"I thought as much, but if you happen to-" the Rodian started, but he was interrupted by his comlink ringing.
"Excuse me," he said, standing up.

"Are you sure?" he said, switching to huttese and walking to the other room.
"Wait just a moment, I can't talk right now," he said, still in huttese, his voice fading away.
You hear the sound of another door sliding open and closed.

Several minutes go by, and he does not return. Your tea begins to get cold.

Noedig
2013-10-01, 08:52 AM
Mikael stood to one side, whiskey bottle in one hand and the other in his pocket. The other human looked to be waiting on the outcome, and Mikael couldn't do anything without also hitting Surrj.

As it was, he donned his breathmask and waited.

dancrilis
2013-10-01, 10:22 AM
Lucy

She waited a while - whatever the call was it had sounded important, and she wondered if the Rodian knew she spoke Huttese.

Considering her next move she choose to to investigate the Rodian rather than leave, if this was an ambush that he was setting up it could be out in the street or coming in here.

Turning on the communicator and switching to Binary for the message - hoping that that and the encryption would cover and receiver she contacted her ship "R2 - I might be in a hurry to send a message shortly, so if I give the word send this to the the authorities 'Apartment 535A - request assistance', and send this to Ketesh 'Apartment 535A - request assistance, authorities notified, credits available'" the Geonosian had followed instruction without grief on the ship - hopefully he would be interested in the credits.

With that sent she moved to follow the Rodian - quietly with her ears open, if he came out she could be honest enough - if he wasn't talking about anything that interested her or that she could hear she would knock for his attention.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

MintyNinja
2013-10-01, 11:53 AM
Rocovering from the blow quick enough, Surrj brings his fists up and crashing back down with a mighty swing. He wasn't yet going to resort to his vibro-ax, and hopefully this wouldn't end with him fleeing authorities for murder. A bar brawl, that's all this really was.

Using Mighty Swing for 2 Swift actions: Add 1 die of damage to next attack.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If somehow this surpasses Damage Threshold, target moves 2 steps down condition track.

Henry the 57th
2013-10-01, 02:35 PM
Ketesh looks down, then whirrs angrily. Not again! He immediately takes to the air, using that advantage to keep the Jawa in sight. He chases it as best he can, and when he gets over it, drops the ground directly in its face.

Ketesh should be able to fly faster than the Jawa can run and wouldn't suffer from crowds, so unless its got a bolthole or it's a really low ceiling or something it shouldn't be too hard.

Thundercracker
2013-10-01, 06:58 PM
Titan 1, Apartment 535A

Lucy: You follow the Rodian through a doorway into what looks like a neighboring apartment, but there's no sign of him. You see the door he passed through, but as you try to follow, you find that it is locked. The same is true of the door you entered through. You don't hear the rodian anywhere, the entire duplex is silent.

Edit: Your comlink beeps; it's Surrj (contacting you below).

Ketesh: You have no trouble catching up to the Jawa, and land right in front of him. The startled creature jumped back with a "WAH!" and starts rapidly trying to explain himself in his high pitched voice, arms waving wildly.

Surrj & Mikael: Surrj brings his fists directly down on the aqualish's face, right into one of his eyes. The alien grunts in pain and falls to the ground in a fetal position, covering it's damaged eye with one hand.
"Alright, I think he's had enough," the human said, "and you've made your point. If this goes any further, we're going to have to ask for a sit-down, and that's not going to end well for anyone."

Marren: You wake up with a bright light in your face. Your vision is blurry, but it soon clears. You appear to be in Medical, because there's a droid which just injected you with something. The walls and floor here are white, and you're lying on a simple cot, curtained off by a white sheet. you still have what you were carrying when you were dropped into the holding cell. There's no sign of Sylvie though.

"Stimulant successful, patient is conscious," it said. Taped to your hand is an ID card for a storage locker on Medical. You have no restraints and appear to be free to leave whenever you like.

Sylvie: You're blindfolded, and being carried somewhere by something strong. You can play along and pretend to be unconscious, or you can try to call for help or struggle to get down.

MintyNinja
2013-10-01, 08:11 PM
"You could bet on that," Surrj agrees with the human. He turns his back and once again walks out of the bar, rejoining Mikael outside. "Sorry bout that. Couldn't be helped apparently. So, was there anywhere in particular you wanted to go before we meet up with Lucy?"

Noedig
2013-10-01, 09:17 PM
"I'm not particularly attached to any one form of entertainment. Fancy the gentleman's club? If not we can go find Lucy. I'm sure the poor girl has probably gotten into trouble."

MintyNinja
2013-10-01, 09:54 PM
"Credits aren't exactly flowing for me. Maybe we should just find Lucy, try and talk her into this job," Surrj admits to the scarred human. He was slightly curious as to what the broken-nosed thug was talking about, but he didn't want to give him the upper hand in any instance.

Henry the 57th
2013-10-02, 12:55 AM
Ketesh grabs hold of the smaller being's arm with one of his own. He towers over the Jawa, his outstretched wings only adding to the apparent size disparity. To the would-be pickpocket, he looks like some kind of winged monster. "You are going nowhere." he says darkly, wings buzzing continuously in the background. "I am a reasonable sentient, though. I am going to give you one chance to tell me, calmly, why I should let you go. In Basic."

Thundercracker
2013-10-02, 04:46 AM
Titan 1, Hardware

Ketesh: "Me Jawa, me small!" the diminutive creature babbles, "big bully no hurt Pagar! Pagar hide stuff for big bully, know secret paths in big station, move stuff around! Oh?"
Pagar tugs on his arm loosely, vainly attempting to get away.

Mikael & Surrj: The broken-nosed human grunts as you leave, shoving the aqualish with his boot as he does so. The alien lets out a low whimper.

"Quit your whining, you deserved that and you know it," the human said.

You're out on entertainment again, nobody seems to have noticed the barfight.

MintyNinja
2013-10-02, 05:03 AM
"She said she was going to Living Quarters, let's just start in that direction for now. To the Elevators,"
Surrj says as he tries to hail Lucy on her comlink.

Henry the 57th
2013-10-02, 09:42 AM
Secret passages, eh? thinks Ketesh, intrigued by the possibility. Assuming "Pagar" isn't just making stuff up to save his own skin, of course. Aloud, he says, "Show me these secret passages." His wings cease their buzzing and fold behind his back.

Thundercracker
2013-10-02, 10:22 AM
Titan 1, Hardware

Ketesh: Pagar takes off, tugging you towards a restroom. Inside, the floor is wet with what you hope is water and condensation, and the stench of the waste of dozens of species of aliens fills your senses, even making your eyes water.

"Through here, through here!" Pagar says, attempting to clamber to the top of one of the stalls. At the top of the wall, you can see a ventilation shaft, the fan stopped dead. Pagar would be able to crawl through, but you'd have to squeeze and hope you don't get stuck.

Titan 1, Living

Surrj & Mikael: You take the elevator from Entertainment to Living. The doors open to a softly lit foyer. None of the native rock is visible, having been covered up with wood decorations or faux marble. The air here is slightly cooler, and a few plants spruce up the decor. To your right is a sign marked 'residents' and to your left is a sign marked 'visitors', along with what appears to be a check-in desk, manned by a protocol droid. Apparently Titan 1 has both apartments and hotel rooms for rent. Both doors on either side are made of transparisteel, revealing corridors and additional elevators beyond. There is also a third office marked 'management', but that is a normal durasteel door and you cannot see inside. Aside from the droid, the foyer is deserted.

Noedig
2013-10-02, 11:09 AM
Mikael snorted a laugh through his mask. There was a sterile feel to this deck.
"Lovely. About as cheery as a mausoleum, wouldn't you say?"

He walks up to the droid.

"'Scuse me. Our pilot, a young woman came through here a little while ago. Could you point us in the right direction?"

dancrilis
2013-10-02, 12:41 PM
Lucy

This was irksome, looking at the doors seeing if she could get them open easily enough, when she heard the beep and noted the contact info "Hi Surrj" just to say something while she reviewed the door "you haven't seen a Rodian about have you?".

If she could get out there was no need to ask for help, otherwise it was good to have him on the line.

To figure out the door and open it without triggering anything.
Perception: [roll0]
Knowledge (Technology): [roll1]
Mechanics: [roll2]

MintyNinja
2013-10-02, 12:55 PM
"Not that I noticed," Surrj whispers into the comlink while Mikael asks the protocol droid. "Everything alright? Mikael and I are here on Living and we really need to discuss this job."

Athany
2013-10-02, 02:20 PM
As Sylvie regains consciousness and discovers her current predicament, she tries to avoid panicking and evaluate the situation pragmatically. She considers yelling for attention, but decides against it. With no friends around, it probably wouldn't do any good, especially since she's in the hands of Fenmore's security force. With no other choice, she tries her best to listen for any clues as to her surroundings, and wait for a better opportunity to act.

Thundercracker
2013-10-02, 06:41 PM
Titan 1, Living

Sylvie: You hear a door opening and closing, and you are dropped onto a bed or a couch.

Lucy, (and Sylvie, hearing only): You hear the sound of a door opening and closing from the other room.

"It's such a coincidence," the Rodian said from the other room in his high pitched voice, now sounding much more sinister, "you say you don't know anything, and then I get a call saying 'Lucy Skyfire' actually piloted her here, I mean, she actually mentioned you by name, I can't ignore that, hmm?"

A large Gammorean walks into the room with you, hefting a two-handed ax, followed by the Rodian, who is now wielding a heavy blaster pistol of some kind.

"Looks like a two-for-one deal for Kleepo Torga," he said, "the changling for the boss, and a scheming princess to ransom for his own credit account."

He chuckles, until he notices your comlink.

"Who are you calling?" Kleepo asked, "it doesn't matter, they'll never get here in time. Doog, go get her comlink."

The Gammorean grunts and steps forward, trying to grab Lucy's comlink.

Surrj, Mikael: The droid replies: Sorry, please provide a tenant or guest name, or an apartment number.

In the background, you can hear the conversation from Lucy's room over the comlink: "It's such a coincidence," you hear a high pitched voice say over the comlink, "you say you don't know anything, and then I get a call saying 'Lucy Skyfire' actually piloted her here, I mean, she actually mentioned you by name, I can't ignore that, hmm?"

"Looks like a two-for-one deal for Kleepo Torga," the voice said, "the changling for the boss, and a scheming princess to ransom for his own credit account."

You hear the sound of chuckling, and then: "Who are you calling?" Kleepo asked, "it doesn't matter, they'll never get here in time. Doog, go get her comlink."

MintyNinja
2013-10-02, 07:16 PM
"Captain, we need a room number, a name, anything!" Surrj whispers harshly after hearing the events on the other end of the link. He started toward Mikael and the droid, ready to move the moment he knew what direction to go in.

dancrilis
2013-10-02, 07:17 PM
Lucy

She didn't follow most of it, changeling, princess - but she followed the important pieces, she was about to become a liability to her family, and that would not do.
She would think on the other bits later.

"Apt 535A - residential section, right at the end. Request assistance", flicking to the ship "R2 send message".

With that she pulled her blaster pistol "need me alive or get skinned" smiling "I don't have that problem".

"Doog be your own man - 100 credits for you to cripple Kleepo - but leave him alive" shrugging "50 dead" she added.

Initiative: [roll0]
Move action to use the comlink.
Move action to draw a blaster.
Persuasion on Doog: [roll1]

MintyNinja
2013-10-02, 07:22 PM
"535A, residential. We're in a rush," Surrj said to the protocol droid. "Mikael, still got that bottle?" Hopefully the human would get the hint and realize the severity of the situation.

Noedig
2013-10-02, 10:53 PM
"But of course my reptilian friend. This is choice whiskey. Is our young pilot in need of rescue then?"

Mikael sighed and wet the rag with the liquor before stuffing it into the open bottle. With his other hand, he prepared the lighter.

"I was hoping I wouldn't get this chance."

Henry the 57th
2013-10-03, 11:17 AM
Ketesh hovers over the disgusting floor, watching as Pagar points out the "secret passage" in the ventilation shaft. He is debating to himself whether or not to let the little Jawa go in, before a message comes up on his comlink. Listening, the choice seems to have been made for him.

"Yes, fine. You can go. But don't let me catch you trying to steal from me again, or there will be trouble." Not bothering to wait for a response, he turns and bolts out of the disgusting restroom, moving towards 535 A as quickly as he can.

Thundercracker
2013-10-04, 12:28 PM
Titan 1, Apartment 535A

Lucy: The gammorean lunges for Lucy, but she deftly slips to one side. Kleepo draws a bead and fires a pair of blue stunbolts aimed squarely at the young woman.

Kleepo advantageous opening free attack: [roll0]
Kleepo damage (stun): [roll1]
Kleepo move action: aim
Kleepo attack: [roll2]
Kleepo damage (stun): [roll3]
Edit: Lucy takes 5 hp from the stunbolt.

Titan 1, Living foyer

Mikael, Surrj:
The droid extends an arm.
"Apartment 535A is in the residential section, down the hall, to the right," it states in a monotone voice. As you look to where it points, you see a human man wearing a mining uniform approach the door from the other side. The transparisteel pane slides open and you sprint through. You're on the combat map and can move normally this round.

Titan 1

Ketesh: You take to the air, making a beeline for the elevator banks, and cram yourself inside one that is just about to close. After agonizing seconds, a soft 'ding' announces your arrival. You will reach the Living level next round.

dancrilis
2013-10-04, 02:39 PM
Lucy

Grunting in pain as the stun bolt hit her she considered her situation briefly, with luck assistance would be here soon, she thought to herself - but she could not relay on it - nor could she run.

If the gammorean got her it was over in that case, so she had to target him, but also defend herself.

Pointing the blaster pistol at him she ducked and weaved to try and avoid his arms and make a shot more difficult against her.

Defensive Fighting (-5 to hit included below, +2 reflex)
Shooting the Gammorean: [roll0]

My Reflex Defence will be 19.

I think stun damage is halved when taken from hit points (page 162), the full figure is used for messing you up instead (correct me if I am wrong or if it is a house rule to make stunning better).

MintyNinja
2013-10-04, 03:41 PM
Seeing the turn up ahead, Surrj is careful not to run at full speed lest he run straight into the wall. He turns the corner and makes it about halfway up the next all when he spots Room 535A up ahead.

Standard Action: Move to E14.
Move Action: Move to D9.
Swift Action: Being saved up.

Noedig
2013-10-04, 03:50 PM
Mikael did his best to keep up with Surrj, taking care not to drop and ruin his improvised incendiary device.

Double move to D10.

Qazarar
2013-10-04, 05:44 PM
Having essentially no idea what happened, Marren will follow up on the only thing he can. He will get up, head out of the room, and try to find the listed storage locker.

Thundercracker
2013-10-04, 10:14 PM
Titan 1, Medical

Marren: The medical bay is a series of about fifteen cots surrounding a central station. A human wearing a white uniform with the Ferrmore corporate logo on it is standing by several computer banks. Droids roll to and fro, administering drugs and stimulants to the patients. There are about four other curtains which are closed, the rest of the cots are empty. The walls are painted white, as is the floor, but the lighting is not as harsh as you might expect. The the distinctive smell of sterilizers and bacta permeates everything. Hallways extend in three directions from this room, but signs point you in the right direction.

As you leave your cot, the droid says: "Don't forget to sign for your expenses, sir."

The hallways are relatively empty. An occasional nurse or doctor walks by in the other direction, but you don't see that many patients. After walking for a minute or so, you arrive at the storage lockers, a bank of a few hundred of them. It doesn't take long to find the one matching the ID badge taped to your hand. Stuffed inside, you find all the equipment you handed over to the Kalatar navy, as well as Sylvie's bags. As to who put them here and why, or where Sylvie is now, there is no clue.

Titan 1, Living

Lucy & Sylvie: Lucy's shot hits Doog square in one of his oversized nostrils, scorching flesh. The smell of burnt gammorean fills the air, as does Doog's squeals of pain. Incredibly, he remains on his feet. He grips the axe with both hands, and looks about ready to carve you in half.
"No you idiot! We need her alive!" Kleepo shouts as doog draws back his axe, then fires another stun blast.
Doog attempts to grab you again.
[spoiler]doog -1 condition
doog grapple: [roll0]
doog pin: [roll1]
lucy grapple: [roll2]
if pin fails, doog withdraws.
Edit: Pin failed, doog withdraws to G3 and uses one swift action to recover (1/3).

kleepo aim/attack: [roll3]
kleepo damage (stun): [roll4]

Edit: lucy takes 6 points of stun damage after halving.

Mikael, Surrj: The hallway is clear. You can hear the sounds of combat and shouting head of you. You could try to hotwire the door if you have a security kit, or you could try to force it open between the two of you, or you could simply try to smash it open with your axe.

Ketesh: You arrive on living and see a somewhat stunned miner standing in the doorway to a hallway, the transparisteel door closing but then opening again as it detects his presence. Down at the end of the hallway, you see Mikael and Surrj moving quickly, before they disappear around the corner.
You're on the map

MintyNinja
2013-10-04, 10:33 PM
Surrj takes a moment to pull his vibro-ax from the sheath on his back. The handle and blades extend with the press of a button and the Trandoshan holds the large weapon in two hands. He approaches the door but seeing it locked he yells, "Captain! Cavalry's here!"

Move Action: Draw weapon.
Standard Action: Move to D6.
Swift Action: Not used. (Second in a row, if it matters)

dancrilis
2013-10-05, 04:57 AM
Lucy

She cursed as the second bolt hit her - the Rodian was either lucky or good.

Still with the Doog gone she had a clear shot to the little bastard, stopping her weaving she took aim - and heard her companions. Smiling through the discomfort "Surrender and you might live" she snarled - in her current mindset she was unsure of that.

"Break it down" she shouted to those outside.

Standard Action Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Noedig
2013-10-05, 11:38 AM
Mikael caught up to Surrj, who looked like he was going to hack the door apart.

"Damn. No tools. No explosives."

He took position to Surrj's left, back against the wall next to the door.

"Stand clear, cap!"

He looked at Surrj.

"On your go."

Move to D5.

Athany
2013-10-05, 01:11 PM
Interesting, Sylvie's calculating mind sifts through the new information despite the circumstances she is in. If Lucy is this princess, she might be in the same sort of tight spot the way I am. But as the sights and sounds of combat break out in front of her, Sylvie's instinctive response is to run and hide, to no avail. There's nowhere to run and no bodyguards to hide behind. Seeing the Gamorrean appear in her view, she turns to her wits and speaks to him in Huttese, hoping she's made the right call. "That guy's going to betray you if he gets his reward, you shouldn't help him."

Deception [roll0]

Henry the 57th
2013-10-05, 02:07 PM
Ketesh instinctively flies rather than runs down the hall, his buzzing wings obvious to anyone listening. Training guiding him, he smoothly draws his weapon even as he moves. He follows the sight of his compatriots, turning the corner and hurriedly flying towards them. "What's the situation?" he asks, looking around for threats.

Move: Move to F14
Standard: Move to D10
Swift: Draw rifle

Noedig
2013-10-05, 05:39 PM
"Not a clue. Surrj is going to hack this door in half, and then we'll find out."

Thundercracker
2013-10-05, 09:22 PM
Titan 1, Apartment block 535

Everyone but Marren: "Just like you betrayed Marsa?" the Rodian yelled in Huttese, "don't listen to her Doog."

Sylvie can't really get a good look at what Doog is doing, but he's not coming for her, so supposedly that's a good thing.

Lucy's shot misses by a wide margin, leaving a scorched hole in wall next to the doorway. Kleepo aims and takes another shot at Lucy.

Kleepo aim/attack: [roll0]
Kleepo damage (stun): [roll1]
His blue stunbolt misses, but not by much.

Surrj: The door looks fairly flimsy, it should probably break down with one or two swipes of your axe.make an attack/damage roll, you hit on anything but a natural 1.

Marren: You hear some kind of shouting coming from one of the hallways. It's marked with a sign that reads 'Cashier/Exit'.

MintyNinja
2013-10-05, 09:31 PM
Using all his strength, Surrj hefts his Vibro-ax up over his head and brings it down in blinding speed at the door.

Swift: Melee Smash pt 1/2
Move: Melee Smash pt 2/2
Standard: Attack door: [roll0]. For [roll1] Damage.

Thundercracker
2013-10-05, 09:37 PM
Titan 1, Living

The door shudders, and opens partially, jams for a second, attempts to close, and then opens all the way. Everyone in the hallway now has access to the room.

dancrilis
2013-10-05, 09:39 PM
Lucy

She wondered where the actual authorities were, but hopefully if they were staying out of it they would keep it that way - they hadn't helped the transport ship after all.

Taking aim at the Rodian again, hoping his friend would not return to soon.

If she could hit with a meaningful attack she might be able to switch to stun ... keeping him alive might be useful.

Attack: [roll0]

Edit:
Hearing the door open "I want them alive if possible - if not I can accept it" she called.

Qazarar
2013-10-05, 10:54 PM
Marren grabs all the gear in the locker, and hopes he can return it later. Hearing the commotion, he begins to head towards the exit.

Thundercracker
2013-10-06, 06:33 AM
Titan 1, Medical

Marren: You follow the sound of the disturbance, which takes you to the waiting/cashier room. There are several rows of cheap looking chairs bolted to the ground with a smattering of sentients in various states of sickness populating them. The cashier is on the far side of the room, and to your right is the exit, as evidenced by a large green sign. There are also a few screens displaying numbers, a waiting list.

The commotion is coming from an aqualish and a human arguing with an Ithorian dressed in white. The aqualish appears to be injured, as he is holding one hand over his eye. The human looks like a rough sort; his nose has clearly been broken at some point in his life, perhaps more than once. They appear to be attempting to jump to the front of the line to be treated. The cashier, a young woman with dark brown skin and black hair, appears to be distracted by the argument, and you might be able to simply walk out without paying.

Qazarar
2013-10-06, 11:07 AM
Moving carefully, Marren will begin walking towards the exit.