PDA

View Full Version : Would this work?

Xenovore
2013-09-12, 08:55 AM
The Fiend of Corruption prestige class has the ability to bestow +3 on a stat which stacks with ANY other stat-bonus.

Let's say I give my char as many leadership feats as possible with high enough score for to take a succubus cohort for all of them.

Each succubus cohort is a normal ECL 12 succubus but add to that one level of Fiend of Corruption and a few more levels to get a feat. The feat is again filled with the leadershop feat. With a succubus' charisma bonus it's fairly easy to get a high enough bonus for another Succubus with the same build.

Repeat getting succies with Fiend of Corruption levels and Leadership feats. When you think you have enough, let them all use their "favor" ability on you for infinite bonus to your stats.

Not that I'm going to try this (my DM would throw heavy objects at me) but any thoughts if this would work?

Evolved Shrimp
2013-09-12, 09:29 AM
Well, if your DM throws heavy objects, that's an indication that it won't work :smallsmile:

The problem is that for the scheme to work, the bonus would have to stack with itself - you're trying to apply not different bonuses of the same type (which works for untypisch bonuses and even a few typed ones) but the same bonus multiple times. This is generally considered to not work.

Xenovore
2013-09-12, 09:44 AM
That's the thing. The ability specifically mentions it stacks with any statbonus, it's an unnamed bonus. :)

Evolved Shrimp
2013-09-12, 09:59 AM
But that means only that it stacks with other, different bonuses. Whether it stacks with itself is a separate matter. In general, even untyped bonuses don't stack with themselves unless this is specifically mentioned in their description.

John Longarrow
2013-09-12, 11:26 AM
Cohorts are 2 levels below you, 1 if you take the right feat (iirc), so you can never keep a chain like that working.

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-12, 11:38 AM
That's the thing. The ability specifically mentions it stacks with any statbonus, it's an unnamed bonus. :)

Bonuses never stack with themselves.