PDA

View Full Version : FTL on Kindle Fire?

Hullabaloo
2013-09-12, 09:23 AM
Humble Bundle 9 (https://www.humblebundle.com/) is out and I've been wanting to get FTL, but wondering if anyone has used it on their Kindle? Ive googled a bit, but found nothing useful, so turning to you guys.

Thanks

Sharoth
2013-09-12, 09:35 AM
FTL is on the Kindle Fire? COOL!!! I will have to check that out.

Edit - ~grumbles~ I think it is PC (and Mac) only.

Keris
2013-09-12, 09:44 AM
FTL is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux. It does not have an Android port, from what I can tell the developers have no plans to make one.

I'm not sure why you thought it would have an Android version. None of the games in the HIB 9 are mobile/tablet games, or at least the bundle doesn't come with those versions if they do exist. Win/OS X/Linux only.

Hullabaloo
2013-09-12, 10:03 AM
FTL is on the Kindle Fire? COOL!!! I will have to check that out.

Edit - ~grumbles~ I think it is PC (and Mac) only.Agreed, it would be, and finally give me a reason for using my wifes :)

FTL is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux. It does not have an Android port, from what I can tell the developers have no plans to make one.

I'm not sure why you thought it would have an Android version. None of the games in the HIB 9 are mobile/tablet games, or at least the bundle doesn't come with those versions if they do exist. Win/OS X/Linux only.
I was hoping it would have an android version. The game seems to lend itself to a touch screen of decent size. Was asking here to find out!

They had mentioned making a tablet version a while ago, but have not seen anything about it since. /Crossed fingers

Choyrt
2013-09-16, 12:02 PM
Mention of FTL made me zing to this thread.

What about Ouya? Is that linux or some other OS? I'm not sure if it would work with a controller anyhow, to be honest.

Mando Knight
2013-09-16, 12:19 PM
Mention of FTL made me zing to this thread.

What about Ouya? Is that linux or some other OS? I'm not sure if it would work with a controller anyhow, to be honest.

It's Android.

Lorn
2013-09-16, 02:06 PM
Another point of note: FTL does not deal well with resizing. It's got a set resolution or two, and it's very difficult/nigh on impossible to play it on a lower resolution than this as the entire game will not fit on the screen. This basically rules out playing it on netbooks without a fair bit of faff.