PDA

View Full Version : Half Kaorti: Half-Fiend, Half-Farspawn or something else?

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 10:12 AM
Kaorti are a race described in the Fiend Folio. They are (Evil) outsiders that were formerly explorers who had ventured into the far realm, driven mad and warped by both the plane itself and a nameless entity belonging there.

While primarily the seem to reproduce by means of assimilation (they keep their jaws locked onto someone for 8 hours, then there is a Fort Save, then they transform.) where there is a will, there is a way, and I wonder how a half-Kaorti would be. I can think of 3 approaches.

A: Half-Fiends (modified or standard). They are evil outsiders and they can choose to turn someone instead into a kaorti thrall, bestowing the fiendish creature template.

B: Half-Farspawn (modified or standard). They are not from any plane of the wheel and are essentially from, at least in part, the far-realm. This would make the result a farspawn. They also can choose to bestow the psudonatural creature template upon a thrall.

C: An entirely new creature/template/ect.

Snowbluff
2013-09-12, 10:53 AM
I would say half Far-Spawn from the first two options.

For the third, you can have a Kaorti with a Half something template. The LA and HD would be pretty high, though.

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 11:09 AM
I would say half Far-Spawn from the first two options.

For the third, you can have a Kaorti with a Half something template. The LA and HD would be pretty high, though.

That seems reasonable. Though, I am not entirely certain if Kaorti are worth their LA and HD, least to player characters. Interesting as they are, 2 racial HD and an LA +2 are things I rarely hear as things people look for in races. NPC wise I don't think it would matter as much. What do you think?

Snowbluff
2013-09-12, 12:28 PM
Kaorti make good Fiends of Possession.

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 12:36 PM
Kaorti make good Fiends of Possession.

I can see that.. what of Fiends of Blasphemy or Fiends of Corruption?

Snowbluff
2013-09-12, 01:09 PM
I can see that.. what of Fiends of Blasphemy or Fiends of Corruption?

The requirements for the other 2 fiends are much higher. Kaorti are only a level away from FoP, but the other 2 need at least 7 HD. Kaorti do not have spell likes for FoB, and no Charm Monster for FoC.

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 01:13 PM
The requirements for the other 2 fiends are much higher. Kaorti are only a level away from FoP, but the other 2 need at least 7 HD. Kaorti do not have spell likes for FoB, and no Charm Monster for FoC.

Nothing a couple of levels in the right classes cannot fix, but you have a good point. FoP is much easier to access for them than FoB or FoC.