PDA

View Full Version : Need help to make deadpool!

omnitricks
2013-09-12, 10:32 AM
So my dm is starting up a new game this weekend, everyone gets to be whatever they want to be from whatever d20 system they can think of (3.5, star wars, modern) and I'm thinking of making deadpool using 3.5 ranger unless there are any better suggestions (failing that I'll be making Zero Cochrane using d20 modern)

I'm using ranger because of the two weapon fighting feats they get (and because that is what deadpool refers to himself as, at level 16 anyway) Another important thing I'll need to know is how to get something along the lines of regeneration or fast healing.

Any other ideas will be helpful :)

Deadline
2013-09-12, 10:39 AM
The Troll Blooded feat will get you your healing factor, but you'll need to figure out a way to avoid being fatigued when exposed to sunlight - doable with a few different items, if you start with enough cash.

Aside from that, there are a few feats you could go for to provide excellent flavor, like Goad.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-12, 10:47 AM
Hmmm... if you're taking Ranger levels anyways, it shouldn't cost you too much to nab a dip into Horizon Walker for the immunity to fatigue.

limejuicepowder
2013-09-12, 12:16 PM
You'll also need a custom item (a belt in fact) that gives a short range dimension door effect.

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 12:30 PM
You'll also need a custom item (a belt in fact) that gives a short range dimension door effect.

Essentially a belt of the mountebank?

Person_Man
2013-09-12, 01:19 PM
Heavy Legs construct graft: You take no penalty from being Fatigued. If you are Exhausted, you are instead treated as Fatigued. -2 hit points, -2 Swim, 6,000 gp, Faiths of Eberron pg 158.

Theraputic Mantle Incarnate soulmeld: Improves any healing effect by 2 * essentia invested points. ANY healing effect, not just spells. So you have a Vampiric weapon, it now heals 1d6 + (2*essentia invested) points per successful attack. If you take 1 level of Crusader or 2 Feats to get the Martial Spirit stance, it will also heal you 2 + (2*essentia invested) points per successful attack. If you use a wand to cast Lesser Vitality (Spell Compondium) on someone, it heals 1 + (2*essentia invested) points per turn. If you're psionic, you can use one of the Vampiric powers. And so on. Incarnate in general is also just a very, very hard to kill class.

omnitricks
2013-09-12, 05:29 PM
Troll blooded, I checked it out but it wasn't from any books :(

Well I would like to take ranger but like I said any other suggestions that you think of would be good.

And yes, teleporter. The classic deadpool sthick. Good call :P Gotta remember that.

Although I'd like to rely less on items as well though, just in case..."stuff" happens...

holywhippet
2013-09-12, 05:58 PM

Yeah it's from Dragon Magazine.

You could have a similar effect with a ring of regeneration but those are kind of expensive and the healing isn't as fast.

A pearly white ioun stone will give you back 1 hp per hour and it's more affordable.

Try this thread for a list of fast healing sources: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175763

TroubleBrewing
2013-09-12, 05:59 PM
Changeling Swordsage/Rogue/Warshaper? Short-range teleportation, fast healing, ninja-like combat stuff and stealth. That about right?

Snowbluff
2013-09-12, 06:25 PM
Excuse me? You can't say Teleport without saying Telflammar Shadowlord. Full attacks after teleporting are a must!

limejuicepowder
2013-09-12, 06:27 PM

Well I would like to take ranger but like I said any other suggestions that you think of would be good.

And yes, teleporter. The classic deadpool sthick. Good call :P Gotta remember that.

Although I'd like to rely less on items as well though, just in case..."stuff" happens...

Well I suggested using an item and not a class feature because deadpool does NOT have the power to teleport; he wears a belt that lets him do so. I don't know the specifics of the belt (how often, how far, etc), I just know it exists.

Deadpool's "only" power is regeneration that's even stronger than Wolverine's. Aside from that, he has mad ninja-type skills and a nice collection of gadgets. He also of course makes the Hatter look sane.

Waker
2013-09-12, 06:32 PM
Look at grabbing some Stone Dragon maneuvers so you can break the fourth wall.

holywhippet
2013-09-12, 06:36 PM
Well I suggested using an item and not a class feature because deadpool does NOT have the power to teleport; he wears a belt that lets him do so. I don't know the specifics of the belt (how often, how far, etc), I just know it exists.

Deadpool's "only" power is regeneration that's even stronger than Wolverine's. Aside from that, he has mad ninja-type skills and a nice collection of gadgets. He also of course makes the Hatter look sane.

I've not seen his teleport belt in the comics for some time. He mostly used it to travel between locations rather than in combat from what I recall.

Deadpool's healing factor was copied over from Wolverine. I don't think it's supposed to be any stronger from what I can recall. I think his insanity is supposed to be due to a clash between his healing factor and his cancer.

Platymus Pus
2013-09-13, 12:02 AM
I've not seen his teleport belt in the comics for some time. He mostly used it to travel between locations rather than in combat from what I recall.

Deadpool's healing factor was copied over from Wolverine. I don't think it's supposed to be any stronger from what I can recall. I think his insanity is supposed to be due to a clash between his healing factor and his cancer.

Actually the cancer is keeping him alive.
That's how much stronger his healing factor is than Wolvie's.
He's even regened from being a puddle of dna, can't starve to death, and has been cursed to not die on top of all of that.

JHShadon
2013-09-13, 04:16 AM
Remember to make his alignment Chaotic Chaotic. :smallwink:

Ravitiate
2013-09-13, 04:32 AM
Hmmm... if you're taking Ranger levels anyways, it shouldn't cost you too much to nab a dip into Horizon Walker for the immunity to fatigue.

Horizon Walker also gets Dimension Door every 1d4 rounds, which would make this an even better fit.

Also, ways to get fast healing (from the list of stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff)):
Fast Healing
Fast Healing via Classes
Warshaper 4, ecl 8 (CW)
Nature's Warrior 1 (CW), Wild Growth ability
Soldier of Light (D&D) 7th
Wild Reaper 16th (DrMg 311)
Saingehirn 5th (WoTC Mind's Eye)
Ranger 9, Shifter racial substitution level (+Con trait), Races of Eberron
Scion of Tem-Et-Nu 3, ecl 8, Sandstorm, fast healing 5 only when you begin your turn in or adjacent to river
Dragon Shaman, fast healing aura, PHB 2, affects allies
Incandescent Champion 2, ecl 8, Magic of Incarnum - very limited, but can share it with allies at level 9
Celestial Mystic 10, ecl 17, Book of Exalted Deeds, fast healing 2 to all within 10'
Master of Many Forms 7, ecl 12, Complete Adventurer - turn into any creature that has fast healing as an (Ex) ability
Soldier of Light 7, ecl 12, Deities and Demigods
Eldritch Theurge 2, ecl 8, complete Mage - limited duration, see text
Argent Fist 10, ecl 15, Faiths of Eberron - variable effect, limited duration, see text
Sanctified One (Elhonna) 1 or 3 or 5/5, ecl 6, Complete Champion, fast healing 5 for 10 rounds, once per day
Dragon Prophet 5, ecl 10, Magic of Eberron, see text
Wildrunner 10, ecl 15, Races of the Wild, limited duration

Templates
Half-Troll +4 LA (Fiend Folio)
Saint +2 LA (BoED)
Feral +1 LA (SS)
Anarchic +5 LA (Planar HB, at 4+ HD)
Shadow +2 LA (Lords of Madness)
Half-Vampire +2 LA (LM), up to half full normal hit points
Evolved Undead +1 LA (LM)
Vivacious +5 LA (Planar HB)
Radiant +3 LA (Dragon #321) (when exposed to any light source)
Curst +3 LA (LEoF)
Greenbound +5 LA (LEoF)
Dry Lich (Walker in the Waste 10, PrC Sandstorm)
Unholy Scion +5 (Heroes of Horror), fast healing 4

Race
Mul +1 LA (Dragon #319, at 10th+ level)

Feats
Combat Vigor, feat, Player's Handbook II
Sacred Healing, ecl 5, divine feat, Complete Warrior - all allies within 60' burst
Touchstone (Womb of Kikanuti), feat, Sandstorm, long duration but limited use
Troll-blooded (Dragon 319), Regen 1
Dragonmark Rage, feat, Eberron: Dragonmarked - see text
Brand of Nine Hells (Glasya), feat, ecl?, Fiendish Codex II, fast healing 3 for 10 minutes 1/day, see text
Devil's Stamina, feat, Fiendish Codex II, variable 1/day, see text
Healing Devotion, domain feat, Complete Champion, fast healing 1, see text

Other
Phoenix Belt, soulmeld, Magic of Incarnum, see text
Buer, vestige, ecl 7, Tome of Magic
Healing Blood, Silthilar Graft, Lords of Madness
Millenium Chainmail, armor, Complete Divine
persistent Mass Lesser Vigor spell
Dragon Mantle, soulmeld, Dragon Magic, up to half full normal hit point
Druid (Spontaneous Rejuvenation variant), PHB 2, see text
Rapid Regeneration, feat, Fiendish Codex II, improves regeneration by 1, see text
Paragnostic Apostle 1, ecl 4?, Complete Champion, summoned creatures have fast healing, see text

Ruethgar
2013-09-13, 06:00 AM
Deadpool doesn't just have regular old fast healing or regeneration, he has Wolverine's regeneration which means he cannot physically die. So get regeneration and immunity to the weaknesses. If all d20 i truly on the table, Book of Templates spell powered template with one of the methods of lowering spell level on a level 0 spell will get you dimension door at will and regeneration constantly and any other spells as supernatural or spell-like abilities.

Prime32
2013-09-13, 09:03 AM
I'd say Deadpool fits a feint-based build, like Invisible BladeCW. He's so crazy (and so annoying) that no one can predict his movements, not even guys like Taskmaster who have that as an explicit power.

omnitricks
2013-09-13, 02:02 PM
Yeah sorry limejuicepowder, I meant for the regeneration thing since well...playing deadpool means going at things strangely. I know what you mean about the teleporting though.

I think the most recent teleporting I can remember was in dark reign though (because it was where he got that new teleporter from Norman)

Can you tell me where Stone dragon maneuvers are from? Can't seem to find it but it seems interesting.

Yeah the cancer is keeping him alive...I guess. Norman Osborn actually wanted to weaponize a cure for cancer against deadpool o.0

Checked out Invisible Blade, unfortunately the weapons are pretty restrictive so I won't be able to use katanas :(

Well I'm actually going to go with Ghost Rider 2099 for the game (seems a little bit easier since the dm is giving me some of the items I need) Thanks for the help though. I'll keep in mind these things in case I want to make deadpool again for next time :)

nickia
2013-09-13, 07:33 PM
Half-troll template (light has no detrimental effects) from the Fiend Folio on top of a halfling, Darkwood Flesh graft from Magic of Eberron for stacking fast healing, Silthilar Tendons graft for plus two to dex and Healing Blood graft both from Lords of Madness, and the racial feat Human Blood (to be treated as human) from Dragon Magazine #311.

In addition here is a list of items that would allow for teleportation and regeneration:
Anklet of Translocation
Belt of Wide Earth
Boots of Teleportation
Ring of Regeneration

I would also suggest taking levels in rogue so that you get the sneak attack class feature, after all Deadpool is an assassin.

Zonugal
2013-09-13, 07:40 PM
I don't think you can stack different types of grafts on a character or creature.

grarrrg
2013-09-13, 08:20 PM
Horizon Walker also gets Dimension Door every 1d4 rounds, which would make this an even better fit.

Seconding what he said.
Troll-Blooded plus enough Horizon Walker for the good stuff.

Deadpool doesn't just have regular old fast healing or regeneration, he has Wolverine's regeneration which means he cannot physically die.

And yes, Wolverine HAS DIED quite a few times (alternate timelines/dimensions).
So yes, I would say that Deadpool has better-than-Wolverine healing.

nickia
2013-09-13, 10:18 PM
I don't think you can stack different types of grafts on a character or creature.

No its totally RAW, I mean thats like the hole point of fleshwarpers. How else would I have a fire breathing, poison spore emitting, Eye ray shooting, flying, spell casting tank. lol. just look at my avatar for reference lol.