PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for a Cleric/Rogue/Divine Trickster

Lactantius
2013-09-12, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,
my mate is playing a clr/rog/DT for our upcoming camapign.

His experience grad is moderate, so I try to help him building a decent character.
Besides the chosen class, I'm undecided which style I should recommend him:

cleric archer or TWF?

cleric archer has some good abilites; I have read the quickstarter handbook and the generel cleric handbook.
TWF sounds reasonable aswell since he could apply his sneaks more often.
On the other hand, it hurts his attack rolls since (which is already a bit lower cause we took cloistered cleric).
Sure, divine power can fix that later on, but even then, it's only a nove effect for one encounter.

cleric archer would burn feats as much as TWF would: zen archery, PBS, precise shot, rapid shot.

He already played some sessions and picked those feats so far (level 6):
quicken spell, divine metamagic (quicken spell), touch of healing, extra turning.
Up to level 15, he got three feat slots left.
Since he got his clerical feats pretty much covered, I would say that he spent hix next feats for combat.
Should he go for TWF or Archery? Both cost pretty much.
Should he take pracisted spellcaster? He lost 3 levels to rogue, could be worthwile.
Should he even reconsider to retrain some chosen feats? We found divine metamagic a good tool, though, we dont wanna rocket tag and did not take persistant spell.
Touch of healing is pretty good since it saves alot of healing resources.

Ideas?

A.A.King
2013-09-12, 11:10 AM
Are his domains chosen yet? If not, then remember that certain domains like the Elf Domain give you bonus feats (in this case PBS)

Personally I recommend the Archery Route, it allows you to focus on Wisdom for both spells and attacks with a secondary focus on Charisma for Turn Undead and Social Skills. Trade away your Knowledge Domain for the Knowledge Devotion feat and it can give you a bonus on to-hit and damage. Also, being out of melee is probably a better thing for a Rogue/Cleric because it would mean investing (more) recourses in AC, Armor and the like.

Gwendol
2013-09-12, 01:15 PM
Going the TWF route would require the Somatic Weaponry feat, or lose a lot of actions drawing and sheathing weapons, due to spell-casting getting in the way.
Archery is recommended.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-09-12, 01:33 PM
Just curious, is this The Giant's Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9623145#post9623145) or some other one I don't know about?