PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Elemental Planes

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 10:50 AM
I'm asking this because my PC is specialized in summoning Air and Earth elementals.

is there a Quasi-Plane where Earth and Air meet, and what would the elementals from there be?

thethird
2013-09-12, 10:52 AM
Nope, air and earth are opposed in the wheel and they do not meet.

Yora
2013-09-12, 10:53 AM
Depends on the particular setting in which the campaign takes place. In the Planescape Great Wheel, there is no plane of air and earth.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-12, 10:56 AM
IIRC, Rashemi Elemental Summoning pumps up Air and Earth Elementals, so it might be worth looking into.

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 11:04 AM
IIRC, Rashemi Elemental Summoning pumps up Air and Earth Elementals, so it might be worth looking into.

ironically, this is why I ask. We're in Faerun, so I'm looking for the Exemplar of my craft. I know they're diometrically opposed, but the two should meet somewhere, much like steam elementals (fire+water)

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 11:24 AM
Looking through my books briefly, the only creature I've noticed to possess (Air) and (Earth) is the Sulfur Mephit in Sandstorm. And...

Sulfur mephits inhabit the boundary between the Elemental Planes of Air and Earth.

I hope that helps, at least partially.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-12, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that the relevant paraelemental plane is Dust, but I can't find it in the MotP of the PlH.

Anybody have any old Planscape Material handy?

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that the relevant paraelemental plane is Dust, but I can't find it in the MotP of the PlH.

Anybody have any old Planscape Material handy?

Dust is negative + earth. but Sulphur eh... So what would a Sulphur Quasielemental look like Appearance/stats

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 11:45 AM
Dust is negative + earth. but Sulphur eh... So what would a Sulphur Quasielemental look like Appearance/stats

Para-elemental. Quasi-elementals are Negative energy or Positive energy mixed with one of the 4 elements.

Aside from that..

I figure they would be yellow-orange crystalline masses with the smell of brimstone. Just think an earth elemental, but made of sulfur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur).

Stat wise, comparing mephit:

Str: Lower than Earth, higher than air
Dex: Higher than Earth, lower than air. Their highest stat.
Con: Insignificantly lower than earth, higher than air
Int: Same as earth, same as air
Wis: Same as earth, same as air
Cha: Same as earth, same as air.

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 12:00 PM
Para-elemental. Quasi-elementals are Negative energy or Positive energy mixed with one of the 4 elements.

Aside from that..

I figure they would be yellow-orange crystalline masses with the smell of brimstone. Just think an earth elemental, but made of sulfur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur).

Stat wise, comparing mephit:

Str: Lower than Earth, higher than air
Dex: Higher than Earth, lower than air. Their highest stat.
Con: Insignificantly lower than earth, higher than air
Int: Same as earth, same as air
Wis: Same as earth, same as air
Cha: Same as earth, same as air.

So relatively powerful.

And a couple questions on Rashemi Elemental Summoning:

1. Could a Sulphur Paraelemental benefit twice from this?
2. On a Smoke (Air/Fire) that gets the Rashemi makeover, is it now immune to Fire & cold?
3. Exalted Dragon Spirit summons a beefed-up Air Elemental. Is it worth giving it the Rashemi Makeover?

Gorfnod
2013-09-12, 12:10 PM
I don't know any of the answers you seek but I know who probably does.

AFROAKUMA, Master of All That is Planar!!!! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299450)

OldTrees1
2013-09-12, 12:20 PM
ironically, this is why I ask. We're in Faerun, so I'm looking for the Exemplar of my craft. I know they're diometrically opposed, but the two should meet somewhere, much like steam elementals (fire+water)

I thought Steam elementals came from the Quasi Elemental plane of Steam (between Water and the Positive Material Plane)

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 12:27 PM
I thought Steam elementals came from the Quasi Elemental plane of Steam (between Water and the Positive Material Plane)

True, though curiously, Steam Mephit are (Fire), hailing from the Elemental Plane of Fire.

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 03:31 PM
I'm just trying to collect a list of "Cool Non-Evil Air/Earth Elementals That are compatable with RES"

So Far:

Earth/Air Elementals
Any Para/Quasi Elementals that have (Earth) or (Air)
Air/Earth Monoliths (Basically El Nino or a Mountain)
Mephits/Quasits that match the Para/Quasi Elementals
The Dragon Spirit from Summon Dragon Spirit (BoED)
Elementite Swarms (Earth and Air)

Ashtagon
2013-09-12, 03:55 PM
http://www.smileylich.com/dnd/collective/Collective_Q15.html

Air + Earth = Shards

Pretty much every conceivable combo is listed on that page.

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 03:57 PM
I'm just trying to collect a list of "Cool Non-Evil Air/Earth Elementals That are compatable with RES"

So Far:

Earth/Air Elementals
Any Para/Quasi Elementals that have (Earth) or (Air)
Air/Earth Monoliths (Basically El Nino or a Mountain)
Mephits/Quasits that match the Para/Quasi Elementals
The Dragon Spirit from Summon Dragon Spirit (BoED)
Elementite Swarms (Earth and Air)

I dont think Mephits. While elemental in origin, they are technically outsiders. If you just need the right subtypes however, ok.

Omnimental (air, fire, earth, water) MM III(?)

Black rock triskelion (earth) MM IV
Cyclonic ravager (air) MM IV

Ruin Elemental (earth) MM V

Geodite (earth) CP
Tempestan (air) CP

Demonically infused elemental template might be something to look at. Dragon magazine compendium.

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 04:08 PM
I dont think Mephits. While elemental in origin, they are technically outsiders. If you just need the right subtypes however, ok.

Omnimental (air, fire, earth, water) MM III(?)

Black rock triskelion (earth) MM IV
Cyclonic ravager (air) MM IV

Ruin Elemental (earth) MM V

Geodite (earth) CP
Tempestan (air) CP

Demonically infused elemental template might be something to look at. Dragon magazine compendium.

Ok. So any of these can be Rashemi-fied?

Xuldarinar
2013-09-12, 04:29 PM
Ok. So any of these can be Rashemi-fied?

Technically speaking, if you find a way to summon them, then yes.

I think it would fun to find a way to then turn them into necromentals afterwards and control them but.. that is just me..

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 04:35 PM
Technically speaking, if you find a way to summon them, then yes.

I think it would fun to find a way to then turn them into necromentals afterwards and control them but.. that is just me..

My only issues are I have 2 guys who are Exalted

Tokuhara
2013-09-12, 11:29 PM
So how many of these can I SM 1-9 replacer?