PDA

View Full Version : Integrating D&DNext Spellcasting into 3.5

Vortalism
2013-09-12, 06:43 PM
I've just been wondering about this (the title) ever since I read johnbragg's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16012404) post a short span of time ago. I'm thinking that this would really balance spellcasters with melee and afford me the chance to give Wizards and Clerics actual class features. It seems an interesting prospect, and the spells and progression fit almost perfectly with 3.5 in a way, the spells there are also very similar.

What do you guys think?

Yora
2013-09-13, 04:50 AM
How does spellcasting in 5th Ed. work differently?

The issue with 3rd Ed. spellcasters is never how many spells they can cast, but what those spells can do. If a spellcaster demands a rest after having cast his 6 best spells, it doesn't matter if he has 10 or 100 spells per day.

And I think spellcasters don't need class features. They get the ability to do a couple of completely new things every level anyway.

Vortalism
2013-09-13, 08:18 AM
How does spellcasting in 5th Ed. work differently?

The issue with 3rd Ed. spellcasters is never how many spells they can cast, but what those spells can do. If a spellcaster demands a rest after having cast his 6 best spells, it doesn't matter if he has 10 or 100 spells per day.

And I think spellcasters don't need class features. They get the ability to do a couple of completely new things every level anyway.

Very true. Thanks for response anyhow. Fortunately I'm willing just to give Mundanes something special in the face of all this.