PDA

View Full Version : level 4 fighter from the Deck of Many Things

Shadowbite
2013-09-12, 08:50 PM
Just as the topic title says, my now level 6 summoning wizard drew a card from the deck of many things and got the services of a level 4 fighter who will loyally fight to the death for me.

the fighter is a female tiefling just due to how the item works and level 4 but other than that I can build her up however I want. So any advice on building her and afterwards what build to follow. I've never really played fighter in 3.5 so I'm intrigued. I'm also not terribly concerned about fighters sucking since this isn't my primary character.

vendur
2013-09-12, 08:59 PM
What are the current feats and what are its stats. i don't have a suggestion off the cuff but I'm sure those would be pretty relevant.

holywhippet
2013-09-12, 09:13 PM
Your DM let you have access to a DoMT at level 6? The deck is an artifact, you shouldn't run into one of them so early on.

Her main role as your bodyguard is to keep enemies from getting to you. I'd go with a spiked chain build and focus on tripping and disarming enemies to keep you from getting engaged in melee.

Further level building would depend on what your DM allows in terms of class progression. Does she have to stick with being a fighter or can she multiclass? Also, does she start with level 4 starting wealth or are you providing her equipment?

Spuddles
2013-09-12, 09:19 PM
Your DM let you have access to a DoMT at level 6? The deck is an artifact, you shouldn't run into one of them so early on.

hey some of us like to have fun

The Mentalist
2013-09-12, 09:23 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80415) wouldn't be a bad one to set up, doesn't take a full 20 level build so you can tack it on to a sub-optimal base.