PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind Hilarity

Tekren
2006-12-23, 11:31 PM
Yes, Oblivion is very very pretty...

But what is the most hilarious (or broken) thing you've ever done in Morrowind?

Putting a 100 jump, 1sec duration spell on a pair of boots and using them to 'hulk jump' across the island?

Soultrapping a god (Alamexia) and using it to power a magic item?

Making a potion that increases your stats by 100,000 for three (real) days?

The playground wants to know! (or at least me)

Duffren
2006-12-24, 01:23 AM
My friend's little brother once made a staff that could wipe out the entire population of Balmora at once. And that same friend's twin brother tamed the god in Vivec and put him in his house.

Karsh
2006-12-24, 02:32 AM
Nothing too absurd. I just filled the Creeper's room to the brim with daedric, glass, and ebony items. I literally had over 4 million gold in cash and untold more in items I was too lazy to sell the thing.

Telok
2006-12-24, 10:59 AM
I generally took over the Creeper mansion, killed off the orcs and made it my own.

I made sculptures with magic weapons and candles on the third floor. Generic "stuff" storage on the second floor. Put potions in the wine rack, wall to wall books in the sleeping alcove, 100 pillows on the bed, a "wall" of skulls that you had to walk through covering the stairwell. Tiled the first floor in rubies, emeralds, and diamonds. Trees of large soul-gems with raw glass leaves. Floating skulls with pearls for eyes here and there.

The ultra-jump ring was just my normal transport mode after a while, with a levitate ring for "landing".

Oh, and Vivec ended up powering a ring of ranged AoE strength and speed damage. "Hey you, stop moving. Now let's play 'archery target' for a while."

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-24, 12:11 PM
Hehehehe. I would normally pull the alchemy stat boost trick- there is a guy in one of the cities that sells the ingredients for a potion that boosts the stats that alchemy relies on. I would make about a thousand of these- make one, drink it, make another drink it, etc. Because said stat also powers enchanting, I would then make a ring that would kill everyone within a certain area of effect- generally, three times the size of Vivec.

the_tick_rules
2006-12-25, 11:58 PM
my fav thing is to sell odd armor combos to people. if it's better than what they have on and it's not in their inventory they usually wear whatever you sell them on their person. imagine someone wearing a scary solid black daedrick helm, orange dwemer armor on right arm, silver on left arm, red royal guard chestplate, and green and gray glass boots and greaves, hillarious.

Jibar
2006-12-26, 07:02 AM
I made a spell that could wipe out buildings (if I wanted the entire island of Morrowind out for my blood, I would have gone bigger), slept out in the wild.
Dark Brotherhood goon. Face. Shot. Boom.
It was so cool.

Then that ebony dude in the capital? I hit him with the spell, and the poison area of effect ended up killing me.

blackout
2006-12-26, 11:09 AM
Whenever I played, I always used plugins. My favorite plugin had to be the Survival one, the one where you have to eat and sleep and stuff to stay alive. I used that plugin regularly. As for the most hilarious moment in my Morrowind-gaming history, I have to say that the most hilarious moment I had in Morrowind was when I basically wiped out the town of Seyda Neen's entire population. I had a plugin that I used to get the town guards on my side(y'know, they follow you around and kill stuff for you) then went on a killing spree. It was a regular raid. Villagers trying to fist-fight with the guards, the guards killing people by stabbing, slashing and hacking, villagers losing, breaking into Arrille's tradehouse and killing everyone in there...good times, good times. :)

evilmrhenry
2006-12-27, 01:35 AM
I made a few items that cast a (charm? I forget) spell, then used them on both the creeper and the secret merchant to drop them both off in the same city. (They move very slowly, though...)

It turns out that a permanent invisibility item will work until you attack somebody, then fail until you re-equip. With this in mind, I created a ring of permanent flight and a ring of permanent invisibility, and ran all over the world without dealing with annoying creatures.

Collecting every single copy of every single book I could, and creating a private library. (Piles upon piles...)

Premier
2006-12-27, 09:39 AM
Collecting every single copy of every single book I could, and creating a private library. (Piles upon piles...)

There's a mod which allows you to drop books standing, like on a bookshelf. You should look into it...

Artanis
2006-12-28, 02:23 PM
The funniest thing I can think of off the top of my head would have to be from a fight with a big Nord in Vivec's sewers. I had an archer-type character and an amulet enchanted with Water Walking, so I parked myself near a big gap in the walkway and started pelting him with arrows. When he got close, I'd pop Water Walking, stroll across, and start shooting him again as he ran alllll the way around (including across THREE bridges) to get to me...only for me to scoot back out of reach. So in a battle against a MUCH stronger enemy who could effectively kill me in one hit, I managed to win without so much as a scratch*.

Another funny activity (which is probably possible in Oblivion, for all I know) is robbing people blind...without having ANY "theifery" skills at all. It's amazing how many areas are simply left unwatched, letting you take anything from silverware (which is actually really good loot when you do the math) to Master's Alchemy Tools worth thousands of gold.

*Edit: And no, I don't really consider it an abuse of the AI because the Nord couldn't have gotten to me even if a Human was controlling him.

the_tick_rules
2007-01-01, 11:57 AM
yeah they have to actually be in line of sight to bust you so a well placed pillar and telekinesis spell= one empty room. like in orvas drens room with the daedric greaves, indoril helmet and stuff, hide behind the pillar that's between him and his bed and telekinesis yourself some elite armor with minimal fuss.

i also enjoy eliminating people in cities. not random violence but the quest whacking people. I enjoy using my 100 point, 5 second frenzy humanoid spell (a guaranteed provoker, avoiding those irritaing non-talkers, powerful willed, and expulsion roblems). I like how the city guard will swarm like flies when I do something, but they'll walk around the corpse if someone attacks me.

Stormthorn
2007-01-02, 12:11 AM
Well, i made a spell that fortified the targets health by X points for Y amount of time. At the same time it did X damage over Y time. They wouldnt agro because they never went below their normal max health. Sometimes they even stopped fighting when i cast it. And when the spell ended the damage to their bonus health was instantly transfered to them and they dropped dead to the floor. By that time i had run laughing out of the area leaving behind any guards that might want to kill me.

I also found out that the fortify spells could stack and i made a dagger that slightly increased my dagger skill with each attack that i landed. Each spell lasted several seconds and that dagger was fast. I consider it a perfectly acceptable way to end up attackign with 200 skill.

I made a amulet that absorbed fatigue. It didnt cost much and is the secret behind my ultimate power-ness. You see, i also had a sword that drained fatigue. Normaly drain spells suck but when i applied it to someone with zero fatigue (thanks to my absorb) they went into the negetives and passes out. Since its cheap i could afford to take them down to -100 fatigue with every hit. After my first attack they never even had a chance to hit back. (much more cost effective than paralyze).

I made a spell to absorb 100 points off of every atribute they had.

Miles Invictus
2007-01-03, 01:53 AM
I tried to create a monk character, with hand-to-hand as his sole combat skill.

It didn't work. I spent ten minutes trying to kill a mudcrab with my bare hands, before I gave up in disgust.

Dhavaer
2007-01-03, 02:23 AM
I tried to create a monk character, with hand-to-hand as his sole combat skill.

It didn't work. I spent ten minutes trying to kill a mudcrab with my bare hands, before I gave up in disgust.

I did this. I levelled after about the third or fourth rat. Pathetic.

Emperor Tippy
2007-01-03, 08:37 AM
If you are going to go hand-to-hand and be a monk you need to open up the command console and set your hand-to-hand up to between 100 and 500.

Miles Invictus
2007-01-04, 07:59 PM
At least with Oblivion you don't have to punch away your enemy's fatigue before you can do damage...hand-to-hand is still incredibly underpowered, but the suckage is less obvious.

That's one thing I don't get -- they won't let hand-to-hand do as much damage as other weapon categories, and they won't give you hand-to-hand weapons (katar, brass knuckles, etc) to make up the difference.

Lizard
2007-01-05, 07:47 AM
Huh? Hand-to-Hand combat in Morrowind was pure badassery! In the beginning it is a little difficult to kill (or actually hit...) anything but later, it begins to rock. Especially when used together with damage/absorb stamina spells/items.

Speaking about funny stuff, I used scroll of Arcean Flying, then Jump 100, and flew through half of the morrowind in one jump. I jumped form Dagoth Ur and ended somewhere around Vivec Temple.

Emperor Tippy
2007-01-05, 12:31 PM
Yeah. Make a Spell of Jump 100 for 1 second and a 1 second levitation spell.

Run and Jump in the direction of the place you want to go and then use the levitate when you want to stop (if jumping over a city or the like) or right before you hit the ground (to stop you from taking any damage).

Jump 100 is the best spell to make in morrowind. It removes all travel time.

Premier
2007-01-06, 09:45 AM
That's one thing I don't get -- they won't let hand-to-hand do as much damage as other weapon categories, and they won't give you hand-to-hand weapons (katar, brass knuckles, etc) to make up the difference.

Gee... maybe because a punch (even with brass knuckles) doesn't do remotely the same damage as a sword or mace blow in real life, either? :smallbiggrin:

Yuki Akuma
2007-01-06, 11:45 AM
Gee... maybe because a punch (even with brass knuckles) doesn't do remotely the same damage as a sword or mace blow in real life, either? :smallbiggrin:

A punching dagger does more damage than a normal dagger, though. Humans can punch much easier than they can thrust a weapon.