PDA

View Full Version : Two Kinds (Rebuild and Suprise)

t209
2013-09-12, 09:53 PM
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/
Remember when the Bad Webcomic wiki's review (heavily biased and false), which state that it is about Asian student who faced racist bully? Guess what? The author's actually half-asian (Tom Fischbach) and he's Markplier (http://www.youtube.com/user/markiplierGAME?feature=watch)'s brother (Mark Fischbach). So, What's to talk about this comic?
On the subject of the comic:
The story set in a world where Furry and human live together, but not in Harmony. Furry are divided into two species, Keidran, and Basitan. Keidran is made up of tribes while Basitan live on an island and have strict rules over reproduction. Humans are not so good as in Slavery, Racism, and shall I put slavery again? The main character is Trace, who lost his memory at the beginning of the story and figuring out about the past and the present.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-12, 10:45 PM
I don't know. You don't seem to have provided any actual information or discussion fodder on the comic, just attempted to refute a negative review.

Why don't you say why you think this comic is worth reading, instead of trying to argue with a long defunct reviews site?

t209
2013-09-13, 01:39 AM
I don't know. You don't seem to have provided any actual information or discussion fodder on the comic, just attempted to refute a negative review.

Why don't you say why you think this comic is worth reading, instead of trying to argue with a long defunct reviews site?
Well my first post was actually acknowledging that the artist actually Asian. Now (spoiler from comic)
trace know that flora is pregnant with his kid and the racist red hair guy is actually a furry in disguise.

ThirdEmperor
2013-09-13, 01:48 AM
... Yeah, that wasn't what I meant.

What I was saying was, if you look around this subforum, you'll find most threads start off with a description of the webcomic in question and an attempt to explain why it's worth reading. Instead of talking about the artist's ethnicity or discussing recent events that make no sense to anybody who's not already a reader.

t209
2013-09-13, 10:31 AM
... Yeah, that wasn't what I meant.

What I was saying was, if you look around this subforum, you'll find most threads start off with a description of the webcomic in question and an attempt to explain why it's worth reading. Instead of talking about the artist's ethnicity or discussing recent events that make no sense to anybody who's not already a reader.
I alread edited my first post with a story.

The Succubus
2013-10-09, 04:44 AM
This is one of my favorite webcomics. It deals with heavy issues, such as slavery, racism and even transgenderism after a fashion but it it never puts these issues on a pedestal. Instead they're all integrated quite evenly into the storyline. The romance between the two leads is very sweet as well. =)

frostedflame
2013-10-22, 11:57 AM
This is one of my favorite webcomics. It deals with heavy issues, such as slavery, racism and even transgenderism after a fashion but it it never puts these issues on a pedestal. Instead they're all integrated quite evenly into the storyline. The romance between the two leads is very sweet as well. =)

Agreed, It is always a shame to see a webcomic take one issue above all else, and see the story suffer. Twokinds never really fell into that problem, and actually talked about things with a serious manner when it did.

One of my first comics and I still enjoy it.

The Succubus
2013-11-05, 08:52 AM
D'awww. I really loved the tailhug in today's strip. ^_^

t209
2013-11-06, 02:45 PM
On theory on Hybrids,
One of them is a product of Keidraan disguised as human and human mom.

Scow2
2013-11-07, 06:24 PM
Well my first post was actually acknowledging that the artist actually Asian. Now (spoiler from comic)
trace know that flora is pregnant with his kid and the racist red hair guy is actually a furry in disguise.The red haired guy is NOT a furry in disguise. That was an April Fools Day joke, of the "No, R[edacted]. YOU are the furry.
And then, R[edacted] was a keidran."

I'm really torn on the story. On one hand, I appreciate the character art. However, there's a bit too much Author Appeal and Fetish Fuel in the writing.

I want them to get back to action. "IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!"