PDA

View Full Version : Domain Associations

QuintonBeck
2013-09-13, 12:13 AM
So I've recently made a couple different pantheons of gods for a personal and a friend's homebrew setting and when going through the domain list certain domains seem to be to be clearly associated with a god "type" and by extension a particular alignment.

For instance: The Sun domain seems to be out of the reach of evil for instance considering its granted power is rather useless for evil aligned clerics, the Madness domain, while not explicitly geared towards evil does seem to me to be associated with a CE leaning god (perhaps CN but certainly chaotic), I can't imagine a LE god without the Domination domain and so on.

So my question then is this, what domains do you associate with what god types and/or alignments? And, have you ever had these assumptions challenged or flipped and how? Did you enjoy the twist on the expected or did it make the gods harder to relate to based on what you were expecting and what they were?

Helcack
2013-09-24, 03:37 PM
I have associated Planning with any gods that have the Knowledge domain and Undeath with any Gods that enjoy undead in general. I haven't had them challenged or flipped as they make a lot of sense.