PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Animal Companion Feats

TheOOB
2013-09-13, 01:29 AM
I'm playing a sylvan wild blooded sorcerer in our pathfinder campaign, and with the boon companion feat that means I have a full powered animal companion. I choose big cat as my familiar, and the idea is at level 7 it will be able to pounce and grapple casters and the like taking them out of the fight while our fighter, cleric, and archer rogue clean up the enemy fighters(I use my spells, mostly enchantment and conjuration, to control the battlefield).

So it just got it's 5th HD, and I'm trying to figure out what feat to give it. I want it to be something that will still be useful at later levels but will help it right now. It already has improved iniative and toughness, and dodge is looking good, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any opinions. A feat that allows turning on a charge would be awesome, but I can't find it.

Baroncognito
2013-09-13, 01:53 AM
The only feat I've found that allows a mount to turn (up to 90 degrees) as part of a charge is a mounted combat feat that the rider takes.

Wheeling Charge

You might consider Spell Sponge, which doubles the duration of certain spells you might cast on your animal companion.

Dr. Yes
2013-09-13, 09:13 AM
Narrow Frame is a solid choice if you ever find yourself in hallways. Weapon Focus/Intimidating Prowess/Dazzling Display/Scent of Fear is a nice combo that gives an area debuff while also mitigating some of the companion's late-level problems (difficulty hitting, low saves); alternatively, you could go straight to Scent of Fear and use your own spells to generate shaken; that's substantially less feat-intensive for sure. If your companion is a cat, making it capital-E Evil with Int 3 should be no stretch at all. :smalltongue: