PDA

View Full Version : [PF] A Kitsune question

Kopikatsu
2013-09-13, 01:52 AM
If one Kitsune has the Magical Tail feat(s), would a Kitsune without the feat be able to tell what ability each tail granted and/or how they're gained just as general knowledge, or would it have to be something they learn specifically?

TheOOB
2013-09-13, 01:56 AM
I don't think there is any specifically written about this. Presumably anyone who had common knowledge about Kitsune (Knowledge nature DC 10) would know that older and more powerful Kitsune often have multiple tails, and magical powers to go with them, but it would require a more difficult knowledge check to a)know what those spells are, and b)the tails are not a necessarily a measure of how powerful the character is. I'd say Kitsune likely get a bonus on said check, and likely could use knowledge local or history to get that info as well.

Kopikatsu
2013-09-13, 02:15 AM
I don't think there is any specifically written about this. Presumably anyone who had common knowledge about Kitsune (Knowledge nature DC 10) would know that older and more powerful Kitsune often have multiple tails, and magical powers to go with them, but it would require a more difficult knowledge check to a)know what those spells are, and b)the tails are not a necessarily a measure of how powerful the character is. I'd say Kitsune likely get a bonus on said check, and likely could use knowledge local or history to get that info as well.

Although only tangentially related to the original question, if a Kitsune were to get a bonus check on that by virtue of being a Kitsune, would a Kitsune get a bonus if they were trying to determine if someone was actually a disguised Kitsune?

My gut says no, but on the other hand, it might be a bit weird if a Kitsune couldn't tell what their 'trademark' ability looked like.

Erik Vale
2013-09-13, 02:15 AM
However I will say, it's older/more powerful kitsune that have the extra tales, because there the only ones who have the ability to waste feats like that.