PDA

View Full Version : Craft Construct in a no-magic game?

flamewolf393
2013-09-13, 02:34 PM
So we are running a game where there is no magic, but there is steampunk tech in a society equivalent to early industrial revolution.

I am playing the tinker class, but want to supplement it with more clockwork type constructs. The problem is that the Craft Construct feat requires two purely magical item creation feats as prerequisites (craft magic arms, and craft wonderous item). My DM has said if I can have the feat if I can come up with other appropriate pre-reqs for the setting.

Any ideas?

vendur
2013-09-13, 02:42 PM
So we are running a game where there is no magic, but there is steampunk tech in a society equivalent to early industrial revolution.

I am playing the tinker class, but want to supplement it with more clockwork type constructs. The problem is that the Craft Construct feat requires two purely magical item creation feats as prerequisites (craft magic arms, and craft wonderous item). My DM has said if I can have the feat if I can come up with other appropriate pre-reqs for the setting.

Any ideas?

Kinda sounds like you should be asking your DM?

I don't know what to say other than that. Maybe exchange 2 or 3 feats for the feat? make up your own feats, say mechanics and some kind of smithing?

sounds like a fun campaign anyway.

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-13, 02:53 PM
Ask your DM if you can use the 3rd Party book Encyclopaedia Arcane- Constructs, sans the magic requirements?

Urpriest
2013-09-13, 04:01 PM
Given that your DM is doing a non-magic, steampunk setting, there are likely steampunk equivalents of the normal item creation feats. So you'd probably build it out of those. As said, though, this is all stuff you would already be aware of, as if it were possible it would be built in to the setting.

CIDE
2013-09-13, 06:14 PM
Iron Kingdoms D20 has non magical steampunk constructs and even steampunk power armor, cybernetics, etc.