PDA

View Full Version : divine rank 0 or higher?

Invader
2013-09-13, 04:19 PM
Is divine rank 0 or higher attainable mechanically by 12th level?

AuraTwilight
2013-09-13, 04:29 PM
No. Or, if it is, IT REALLY, REALLY shouldn't be.

Invader
2013-09-13, 04:34 PM
No. Or, if it is, IT REALLY, REALLY shouldn't be.

Whether it should or shouldn't be possible isn't the question I just need to know how to do it if it is.

Tim Proctor
2013-09-13, 04:36 PM
Yes, because there are no mechanics on it.

You can be born into divinity, according to Deities and Demigods.

There are also quests to be divine, again ^^^.

However, most DMs use the 'fervor rule' where the amount of belief and number of followers is what makes someone divine. I would ask the DM how many it takes, like a specific number of people. I would then either chain leadership and have all my cohorts have the leadership boosts and get infinite with them and call myself David Koresh.

If that's not allowed as you've seen in the other thread with WBL you get 880,000 followers to pray for you for a day, and hopefully that works. Then you just need to use your divinity to get people to pray for you.

This whole subject is up to the DM, mechanically.

Silva Stormrage
2013-09-13, 04:46 PM
Yes because Pun Pun can get divine ranks I believe. I forget how though.

Still if you want a reasonable way to get divine ranks before 12th level ask your DM. Its pretty much up to him to decide wether or not you can ascend.

Sith_Happens
2013-09-13, 04:50 PM
Method 1:

1. Obtain an extremely high Diplomacy and/or Bluff* modifier.

2. Convince an existing deity to make you its proxy:

Proxies are divine minions invested with a small portion of the deity’s power. A deity may invest 1 rank of its power (reducing its divine rank accordingly) in a single servant for as long as the deity chooses. The minion must be physically present for the deity to perform the investiture. While so invested, the proxy gains any salient divine abilities held by the patron deity as well as the powers and abilities of a rank 1 demigod. Without the requisite ability scores or divine ranks, the proxy may not be able to use all those powers and abilities. A deity may have more than one proxy, but it must lose 1 divine rank for each proxy it invests. A deity can retrieve a single divine rank as a standard action, and doing so does not require the physical presence of the proxy.

* As Bluff only guarantees the desired behavior from the target for one round, I would advise against relying on it exclusively.

Method 2 (WARNING: HIGH CHEESE CONTENT):

1. Obtain a scroll of Shapechange.

2. Activate the scroll the Shapechange.

3. Change into a Zodar (Fiend Folio), which can use Wish as a supernatural ability once per year.

4. Wish for a scroll of Ice Assassin (Frostburn).

5. Use the scroll of Ice Assassin to create a duplicate of the deity of your choice. Note that you must specify during step 4 which deity this will be, as the material component of the spell is specific to the creature you intend to duplicate.

6. Order the Ice Assassin to make you its proxy.

Karnith
2013-09-13, 05:01 PM
Method 2 (WARNING: HIGH CHEESE CONTENT):
As I recall, you can then make another creature your proxy, repeat the process from the beginning, and eventually get yourself as many divine ranks as you want. Call it the Nut-Pun method.

TheGeckoKing
2013-09-13, 05:09 PM
I thought I'd join in, and add another method:

Method 3:
1. Get a copy of Savage Species
2. Stat up a Paragon Tibbit Ranger 10 with the Einherjar template (Deities and Demigods) (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a) and the Human Heritage feat.
3. Use our feline friend as the Guest Creature for your Symbiotic Template (in cat form, he becomes Tiny and thus qualifies), and whatever qualifying creature you feel like for the guest. I suggest a simple LA+0 race, so we'll go with a Human Fighter 1.
4. Revel in your ascendancy, for you are now an ECL 2 PC with DvR 0.

Cruiser1
2013-09-13, 08:51 PM
Is divine rank 0 or higher attainable mechanically by 12th level?
Yes, but just barely by 12th level, and it requires some cheese:

Method 4:
1: Spend your WBL on an item of True Mind Switch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm).
2: True Mind Switch with a true Dragon of at least 30 BAB.
3: Take 12 levels of the Dragon Ascendant PrC (Draco). That PrC at its 12th level capstone grants you DvR 0. That's the only class feature I'm aware of anywhere that mechanically grants a character divinity.

Gemini476
2013-09-13, 09:10 PM
...Isn't there an item that turns you into an Atropal?
That's the second way to get divinity be RAW.

aeauseth
2013-09-16, 05:43 PM
My DM uses divine XP. He gave me a list of powers and XP costs that I can "purchase" with my divine XP. They are generally fairly simple and underpowered. I can use XP to point my my abilities, certain at will capabilities, etc.

You can see my notes (http://orianas.aaronwiki.us/index.php?title=Grand_Nagus), but they are incomplete.

I'm a player and I managed to insert myself as a diety. I didn't expect to actually become a divine character, but the DM like it. I had to create my own religion, dogma, etc. I based it off of the Star Trek Deep Space Nine Ferengi, I'm the Grand Nagus. I poisoned the weak and old to reduce overpopulation, and sold a cure to that worked about 50% of the time. The cure was real for the young and wise, but I sold a fake cure to the elderly and unskilled. This is rather evil, but I put on a Lawful Neutral face to it. The Church of Scientology also had some influence into the religion I created.

I requested to be a Diety 0, but that was just too powerful, so the DM came up with the Diety points (or XP) and is allowing me to buy limited diety powers. Most are only usable when I take the Diety's form. So I live a dual life, one as an adventurer and one as a Diety.

137beth
2013-09-16, 05:48 PM
There's officially no level-based restrictions on divine ranks, nor are there any divine-rank based restrictions on level. They are completely separate.
Or at least they are suppose to be...

Chronos
2013-09-16, 07:26 PM
Divine rank 0 doesn't actually get you much-- Mostly, it's just no dying of old age, and maximized HP. And it's just as big of a jump to go from 0 to 1 as it is from no divine rank to 0.

Venger
2013-09-16, 08:34 PM
Divine rank 0 doesn't actually get you much-- Mostly, it's just no dying of old age, and maximized HP. And it's just as big of a jump to go from 0 to 1 as it is from no divine rank to 0.

you also get fire resist 5, SR 32, fast movement, bypass dr as your alignment, extra synergy bonuses, immunities, and dr 10/epic

Karnith
2013-09-16, 08:42 PM
you also get [...] extra synergy bonuses [...]
So, are those (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#deitiesandSynergyBonuses) on top of the normal extra synergy bonuses (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#skillSynergy) you get at epic levels?

Venger
2013-09-16, 09:30 PM
So, are those (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#deitiesandSynergyBonuses) on top of the normal extra synergy bonuses (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/skills.htm#skillSynergy) you get at epic levels?

I don't play epic, so didn't know that was already a rule.