PDA

View Full Version : top 5 favorite grafts

CyberThread
2013-09-13, 04:28 PM
What are your top five favorite grafts,in all of dnd?

ArcturusV
2013-09-13, 04:34 PM
Using Forgery to con all sorts of people because the DM never gives anyone ranks in Forgery. Ever. Nor do any adventure modules. Before they know it, the whole town things I'm the royal tax collector, handing over coin and jewels on pain of prison and Thug Squad reinforcements, and I'm leaving town with a good portion of their wealth, on my way to the pleasure resorts of the southern isles where the sun is warm, the beaches are open, and the natives are friendly. :smallwink:

You did mean Graft right?

"the acquisition of money, gain, or advantage by dishonest, unfair, or illegal means."

Story
2013-09-13, 04:45 PM
Heavy Legs is useful since it eliminates fatigue and only costs like 6k. It's pretty much obligatory if you take Troll Blooded.

Coincidently the legs remove the 3hp you get from the mandatory Toughness feat if you do this.

Eldariel
2013-09-13, 04:47 PM
Top 5? Well, I can't put them in order that easily but I do have a clear favorite: Feathered Wings, a very cheap, efficient, low maintenance source of non-magical flight.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-13, 04:59 PM
Big fan of the elemental grafts from MoE. These are pretty great:

Breath of the Waves — Immunity to dehydration, including from magic effects; once per hour, remove any of several status conditions from a target.
Buffeting Fists — Gain the Deflect Arrows feat, except it works 1 + Dex times per round; once per day, bull rush all around you.
Dust Form — Once per minute, all adjacent creatures must save or be blinded as a move action.
Hands of Flame — Swift action to add Fire damage to all attacks for 1 round, usable at-will.
Whirlwind Form — Fly (Perfect), 20 ft.

Alleine
2013-09-13, 06:00 PM
Hmm, top 5? That's tough, I really like grafts.

I suppose in no particular order though. . .
Enervating/Weakening/Paralyzing arms from the Fiend Folio. +4 inherent strength for only 40k? Yes please! The DCs for the extra effects are meh, but Weakening just needs to succeed on a touch attack to work.

Metabolic fire from Races of the Dragon I enjoy largely on its fluff. The thought of giving the entire party breath weapons is also nice.

Glaring Eye is just handy in general, blindsense and immunity to sleep.

Springing Leg. Even though it penalizes your speed, I just really like the +30 Jump. I would love to toss that on a Thri-kreen just for giggles.

I also really like the Sithilar grafts in general, though the cost is so prohibitive that it's only worth it if you find a way to craft them for greatly reduced cost.

Tvtyrant
2013-09-13, 06:20 PM
I prefer parasites to grafts really, but for grafts I like the aboleth mucus gun. Bam!

Invader
2013-09-13, 08:18 PM
Using Forgery to con all sorts of people because the DM never gives anyone ranks in Forgery. Ever. Nor do any adventure modules. Before they know it, the whole town things I'm the royal tax collector, handing over coin and jewels on pain of prison and Thug Squad reinforcements, and I'm leaving town with a good portion of their wealth, on my way to the pleasure resorts of the southern isles where the sun is warm, the beaches are open, and the natives are friendly. :smallwink:

You did mean Graft right?

"the acquisition of money, gain, or advantage by dishonest, unfair, or illegal means."

Do you mean grift? :smallconfused:

ArcturusV
2013-09-13, 08:30 PM
It's one of those things like shank and shiv, as far as I can tell. Regional terms for the same thing. Graft being a con or using positional pressure to demand under the table payments.

Deophaun
2013-09-13, 08:43 PM
It's one of those things like shank and shiv, as far as I can tell. Regional terms for the same thing. Graft being a con or using positional pressure to demand under the table payments.
Not the same. Grift is a con. Graft is corruption.

Anyway, seconding the undead arm grafts for the cheap, cheap +4 inherent Strength bonus.

Rubik
2013-09-13, 11:37 PM
I like the warforged mighty arms in Faiths of Eberron. Nowhere does it say that they replace your arms, so getting an extra pair for 1,000 gp and 2 hp (that can equip warforged component pieces) is pretty darned awesome.

CyberThread
2013-09-13, 11:59 PM
ISn't that like an extra I forgot +8 to grapples if you have more arms?

Rubik
2013-09-14, 12:02 AM
Also, if quori shards count, I do enjoy the ones that boost your manifester level.

Kiira n'vaelahr and dukar hand coral, too. Awesome stuff.

ISn't that like an extra I forgot +8 to grapples if you have more arms?What?

CyberThread
2013-09-14, 12:20 AM
sorry assumed a rule wrong, having more then two arms does nothing for grapples

Thiyr
2013-09-14, 02:36 AM
Personally? Pick five. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205119)

BlasphemousSlug
2013-09-14, 05:37 AM
My favorite are the Resilient Scales from RotD. Really prohibitively expensive, unless you have a laid back DM. I plucked all the scales off a friendly red dragon (it was an evil game :smallwink:) and used them, and the dragons own horde to fund my grafting.

Long story short, the whole party was covered in red dragon scales, and we burned everything we saw :smallbiggrin:

Lonely Tylenol
2013-09-14, 07:12 PM

Shank and shiv aren't regional terms for the same thing: shank is a verb, and shiv is a noun. Specifically, you shank someone with a shiv. You don't shiv someone, and you don't do it with a shank.

Zombulian
2013-09-14, 07:35 PM
sorry assumed a rule wrong, having more then two arms does nothing for grapples

No it does. Your sentence just made no sense.

I also love the Strong Mighty Arms graft. Being able to use Warforged Components like the Wand Sheath is super awesome.

elonin
2013-09-14, 07:44 PM
My favorite graft is the type where i practically buy a kingdom.

Yawgmoth
2013-09-14, 08:49 PM
You don't shiv someone, and you don't do it with a shank. Maybe you don't. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shank)

Anyways, do be actually on topic instead of pointlessly pedantic: Pretty much any silithar graft is just awesome, but the prices are crippling. Anyone wanna take a swing at pricing those such that they'd be viable for play?

Curmudgeon
2013-09-14, 09:50 PM
Good bang for the buck:

Breath of the Waves
Feathered Wings

When you've already hit the +5 inherent boost maximum:

Silthilar Bones
Silthilar Muscles
Silthilar Tendons