PDA

View Full Version : sw d20 dawn of defiance

kidnicky
2013-09-13, 08:47 PM
So I was looking through the WWW for Star Wars d20 adventures (and fjnding a lot of dead links) and came across "Dawn of Defiance" for saga edition. Having never played saga, and only owning the D20 core revised rulebook, my question is how much work will I have to put into converting this adventure to work with my rules? Can I simply substitute enemy statblocks, or are the 2 systems so apples and oranges that it's futile?

IdleMuse
2013-09-14, 08:49 AM
So I was looking through the WWW for Star Wars d20 adventures (and fjnding a lot of dead links) and came across "Dawn of Defiance" for saga edition. Having never played saga, and only owning the D20 core revised rulebook, my question is how much work will I have to put into converting this adventure to work with my rules? Can I simply substitute enemy statblocks, or are the 2 systems so apples and oranges that it's futile?

There should be no reason you can't lift the stoyline and adventures from DoD, but you will need to rewrite literally every staline and encounter and mechanical aspect of the game. Also, you'll need to check that the challenges aren't now impossible or stupidly easy based on what players can now do/no longer do easily.

kidnicky
2013-09-15, 11:52 AM
If I do run it I may end up just lifting the gist and write my own enemies, encounters, skill checks, etc. Coming up with hooks and plots is harder for me than coming up with "x # of stormtroopers in a ship hangar".

Rakaydos
2013-09-15, 01:19 PM
My group actually converted the first few episodes of Dawn of Defiance to Edge of Empire. Was pretty fun.

IdleMuse
2013-09-16, 09:08 AM
If I do run it I may end up just lifting the gist and write my own enemies, encounters, skill checks, etc. Coming up with hooks and plots is harder for me than coming up with "x # of stormtroopers in a ship hangar".

My group actually converted the first few episodes of Dawn of Defiance to Edge of Empire. Was pretty fun.

These both sound like pretty awesome ideas for groups that prefer those different systems. I hope you enjoy!