PDA

View Full Version : Uses For Dex

Ruethgar
2013-09-14, 07:45 AM
I was looking at an implaceable muckdweller barbarian and was wondering what such indomitable dex could do for me. Blind everything in 25 feat is easy enough as a muckdweller's squirt DC is dex based and a free action, but what are some other things I could do to utilize 26 dex?

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-14, 08:24 AM
This might be helpful. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732)

Ruethgar
2013-09-14, 10:10 AM
Aye, I had seen that, but I was thinking more combat options like combat reflexes or something.

Zaq
2013-09-14, 10:36 AM
AC, Reflex saves, initiative, nine skills (including most of the ones you'd actually end up using in combat), ranged attack rolls, and (thanks to racial Weapon Finesse) melee attack rolls aren't enough for you? DEX is probably the most heavily loaded stat out of the box (which is, I'd guess, why there are so few save DCs based on it . . . Pretty much just the muckdweller's Spit ability and a couple ToB maneuvers), so I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

Zombulian
2013-09-14, 02:09 PM
Aye, I had seen that, but I was thinking more combat options like combat reflexes or something.

Um well you probably already know about Shadow Blade. It takes some feat investment, but you get dex to damage.

Ruethgar
2013-09-14, 02:27 PM
This is what I have so far.

Arctic Muckdweller
Str 6
Dex 22
Con18
Cha 6
Int 8
Wis 10

Swordsage 1/Implacable Brawler Wolf Barbarian 1/Sneaky Drow Pugilist Fighter 1/ Barbarian 1/Martial Chaos Monk 2
Flaw: Don't Mind Me
Flaw: Twining Trip
Racial: Weapon Finesse
1st: Shadow Blade
2nd: Improved Unarmed Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting(Unarmed only)
3rd: Craven, Endurance
4th: Improved Trip
5th: ?(Weapon Focus Unarmed)
6th: ?(Combat reflexes), Superior Unarmed Strike
Was thinking of just continuing on with fighter and taking extra rage. This gives me 2-5 attacks, the ability to sneak attack targets adjacent to an ally and I, add my dex to damage and again when they are flat footed. Furthermore, I get the ability to use dex for an improved trip to deny them their dex for more sneak attack goodness.

May dip rogue for a quick +1d6 SA and on a level where I might be able to get the tumble skill trick.

Zombulian
2013-09-14, 07:25 PM
Waitaminute. Muckdwellers don't qualify for feline feats...

A_S
2013-09-14, 08:26 PM
He forgot to list Feline Heritage (Races of the Kitty, p.43), which he's getting as a bonus feat for cat-sitting for his DM.