PDA

View Full Version : A tricksy rogue (3.PF)

Hyde
2013-09-14, 11:36 AM
I'm attempting to build a rogue (the same one from before, if anyone remembers) and I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how to get to where I want to go, if possible.

It's a flanking daggerish build, with a bit of batman thrown in.

What I want:
+16 BAB at level 20
Maximum Sneak Attack
As much magic as I can squeeze out of it.
Cool daggers (I crowdsourced ideas for these in a previous thread, still need to make the trophies... I haven't forgotten you guys!)

Basically, I want the option to stab a guy a bunch of times for a lot of damage, or use a ray spell (disintegrate, ideally) if his AC is too high, or whatever.

Also the utility that is wizard.

I'm looking at Rogue 3/Wizard 3/Arcane Trickster 10/ maybe Invisible Blade A/maybe Fighter B

I'm probably trying to do too much, and I'm certain something's gotta give, but I don't know what would be best to give up.

I'd take Darkstalker, but our DM doesn't understand surprise rounds
I'd take Craven, but our DM doesn't understand math.

We are using fractional BAB and Saves (so a Rogue1/wizard1 would have BAB +1)

Hyde
2013-09-14, 11:37 AM
Arcane trickster really is too much BAB loss.

Psyren
2013-09-14, 12:27 PM
Meeting all of those requirements is pretty tough. You can get full BAB + full sneak attack easily (either Thug Fighter or Daring Outlaw Swashbuckler for instance) but neither of those will get you spellcasting. Similarly, sneak attack + spellcasting is easy with Unseen Seer/AT/Spellwarp Sniper, but getting full BAB with that is going to be difficulty too.

Gestalt or some form of bloodline abuse might help but beyond that. I don't see a way to get all three of those.

Urpriest
2013-09-14, 03:12 PM
Darkstalker doesn't care about surprise rounds. As a spellcasting Rogue-type, you should be hiding every round you can. Even if you can already get a sneak attack from flanking, hiding will make you untargetable. So it's important to be able to hide from creatures with special senses.

Hyde
2013-09-14, 07:51 PM
Good point (as always) Ur-Priest, I didn't think about in-combat hiding. Well, I think I've decided to go with an Unseen Seer variant playing with levels in Rogue and Spellthief (if spellthief does what I think it'll do with the Master spellthief feat- if it doesn't, a feat for casting in light armor is still pretty tops).

gorfnab
2013-09-14, 10:52 PM
Sneak Attacking Spellcasters Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1240)
Daggerspell Mage combines Wizard and dagger based Rogues. Unseen Seer is a better choice than Arcane Trickster.

Forrestfire
2013-09-14, 10:59 PM
If you want five levels of BAB + casting and defenses, Abjurant Champion is rather good on a melee character.