PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Debuff OR damage spell for Clerics, with no save?

sol_kanar
2013-09-14, 03:21 PM
Hi!

For several reasons, I am looking for a Cleric spell (or a spell that can be cast through Domains), 7th-level or lower, with no saving throw, and that acts (directly or indirectly) as an AC-debuff.

If finding such a spell is not possible, an interesting alternative would be a damage spell, again for Clerics (or Domain-accessible), 7th-level or lower, able to deal consistent damage with no saving throw.

They can be either from PF stuff, or from 3.5 splatbooks. So far, I had no luck finding neither.

Thank you for your time!

Elitist
2013-09-14, 03:30 PM
http://dndtools.eu/spells/frostburn--68/shivering-touch-lesser--1292/

Voila, Lesser Shivering Touch. Touch attack, drains dex, which in turn drains AC.

EDIT: Oh level 7 or higher, so you don't even have to resort to the lesser version.

http://dndtools.eu/spells/frostburn--68/shivering-touch--1291/

sol_kanar
2013-09-14, 03:41 PM
That's an interesting option, thanks! But it might be a problem for me, and I will explain why in a long-ish hidden text (you-know-who, don't read here please :-D):

I am planning an adventure where characters will have to fight a BBEG Dragon way beyond their possibilities, by finding some magic items (wondrous, scrolls, etc.) that will improve their chances of success or debuff the BBEG. This stuff have been left behind by spellcasters (now dead) for <even longer reasons>, and it can be targeted specifically against the BBEG.

So, you see the problem with shivering touch: it might actually one-shot the Dragon, sending his DEX to 0. On the other hand, maybe a maximized shivering touch might work, it would bring its DEX down to 4 and provide a -3 to AC, which might be interesting.

Any other spell?

Norin
2013-09-14, 03:53 PM
Maybe Find the Gap or Scale Weakening from Draconomicon would serve your purpose well?

Elitist
2013-09-14, 03:55 PM
That's an interesting option, thanks! But it might be a problem for me, and I will explain why in a long-ish hidden text (you-know-who, don't read here please :-D):

I am planning an adventure where characters will have to fight a BBEG Dragon way beyond their possibilities, by finding some magic items (wondrous, scrolls, etc.) that will improve their chances of success or debuff the BBEG. This stuff have been left behind by spellcasters (now dead) for <even longer reasons>, and it can be targeted specifically against the BBEG.

So, you see the problem with shivering touch: it might actually one-shot the Dragon, sending his DEX to 0. On the other hand, maybe a maximized shivering touch might work, it would bring its DEX down to 4 and provide a -3 to AC, which might be interesting.

Any other spell?

Ahh, very interesting.
None come to mind at the moment. Good luck though! :smallsmile:

Norin
2013-09-14, 04:31 PM
Maybe Find the Gap or Scale Weakening from Draconomicon would serve your purpose well?

Oops, they are not cleric spells though. Sorry.