PDA

View Full Version : Mounted Capacity

Ruethgar
2013-09-14, 06:13 PM
I'm making a muckdweller that is going to have a small mount but the saddle takes up 3/4 of the capacity at 30 lb alone and I would like, somewhat, to actually have some gear with me as well. You know, food, waterskin, bedroll, all of those things that scale down with size :smallannoyed:. Is there an easy way to void the saddle without the ride penalty, or a rule for smaller mount gear?

Fax Celestis
2013-09-14, 06:26 PM
Saddle weights in the equipment section are listed for large creatures. A medium mount's saddle would weigh 1/4 that amount.

Ruethgar
2013-09-14, 06:36 PM
I see no where where it says that though.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-14, 06:43 PM
It doesn't say it in saddles because it's stupid, frankly. It says it for armor, barding, and other equipment.

These items weigh one-quarter this amount when made for Small characters. Containers for Small characters also carry one-quarter the normal amount.

Armor for a horse (a Large nonhumanoid creature) costs four times as much as armor for a human (a Medium humanoid creature) and also weighs twice as much as the armor found on Table: Armor and Shields (see Armor for Unusual Creatures). If the barding is for a pony or other Medium mount, the cost is only double, and the weight is the same as for Medium armor worn by a humanoid. Medium or heavy barding slows a mount that wears it, as shown on the table below.
We can also extrapolate from mount armor weights.

Ruethgar
2013-09-14, 07:06 PM
WotC rules being stupid? Never!
Same chapter, the Containers and Carriers table 7-8 p. 110 PHB 3.0 appears to be absent from 3.5, are we to assume it is the same? What about people w/o the 3.0 PHB?