PDA

View Full Version : LF a prestige class

Yogibear41
2013-09-15, 03:51 AM
Are their any prestige classes that in the first level or 2 more or less give a full bab fighter bonus feats yet have a rangers skill points. Basically want a 2 level fighter dip with high skill points.

eggynack
2013-09-15, 04:10 AM
I can't think of one offhand, but why do you want this in particular? The why informs the how, because there're often multiple paths to the same goal.

Yogibear41
2013-09-15, 04:28 AM
Need Bonus feats and I like to have high spot, listen, survival, move silently, and hide checks. Currently all pretty good atm except my hide and move silently they kinda suck, and I would like to be able to boost them a little bit if I can.

I suppose I could go human paragon if my DM allows the +2 to a stat could go to strength and make up for missing 1 bab, and I would still gain 1 bonus feat.

Barbarian2/Werewolf Lord plan on going warshaper next for 4 levels deciding on what to go for after that, basically only use natural attacks.

gr8artist
2013-09-15, 04:56 AM
Hmm, my first thought was UA's combat rogue; a 2 level dip gets you 16 skill ranks and two bonus feats, but you only get d8's for health and a +1 BAB.
Other than that, I would suggest looking for PrC's that grant the feats you're wanting.

Yogibear41
2013-09-15, 05:18 AM
Hmmm, that is really tempting I will consider that, thanks :smallsmile:

herrhauptmann
2013-09-15, 08:32 AM
Sounds like you want an ACF more than a prestige class.
Most PrC don't give that many bonus feats taht early in their progression.

Deepwarden is a full bab prc with ranger like skills. No bonus feats in first two levels though. Just you know, class features.

Chronos
2013-09-15, 06:02 PM
Which bonus feats specifically are you looking for? Ranger has ranger-like skills and full BAB, and there are variant fighting styles for a wide variety of feats.

Yogibear41
2013-09-15, 06:22 PM
Power Attack to Shock Trooper Chain

Shloogorgh
2013-09-15, 06:24 PM
The Mariner class as it appears in the dragonlance book Legend of the Twins grants full BAB, 6 +int skill points, d8 hd

They only get one bonus feat though. However they also get a bardic lore variant called sailor lore. They also get a precision damage attack called dirty strike that is so terrible it should be ignored entirely

EDIT: base class, not prc

Chronos
2013-09-15, 09:17 PM
Power Attack to Shock Trooper Chain
A ranger can get Power Attack as a bonus feat using the Strong-Arm fighting style, from Dragon Magazine issue 326.