PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Folding the divine spells into arcane magic.

Roxxy
2013-09-15, 09:20 AM
In my Pathfinder setting, I've decided not to have divine magic. This is because it doesn't fit in with the way the deities act at all. I want to take those divine spells not directly related to religion and fold them into the arcane spell lists, and I'm looking for advice on what to keep besides Heal/Harm and Cure/Inflict.

I do have some relevant caveats. First off, I don't have the Conjuration (Healing) subschool. Everything that would be a part of it belongs to the Necromancy school. Secondly, undead are healed by Heal/Cure and harmed by Harm/Inflict. Healing magics stitch tissues together, the opposite magics rip it apart at the cellular level. Whether said tissues are dead or alive is irrelevant to this. There is no turning of undead. There is no positive or negative energy. I am retaining the Druid as a class concept, but with a lot of tweaking, though this tweaking is related more to the combat system than the magic system.

For those wondering, I do take a very scientific view of magic within this world, and I do plan to give martials things to compensate for Wizards getting another thing they can do.

Roxxy
2013-09-15, 09:48 AM
Another thought. For the purpose of Harm/Inflict, ripping something apart at the cellular level is not the same as disintegration. It rips it apart in the sense that it weakens the bonds enough for small ruptures to start appearing, not in the sense that every bond completely disappears. If you want to completely destroy these bonds, cast Disintegrate. Not so much relevant to the discussion, just clearing up one of my caveats above.