View Full Version : pathfinder rogue help

farkerhaiku
2013-09-15, 04:02 PM
I'm going to start playing in a Red Hand of Doom game soon, but it's got 5 players so I'm kind of not really required to munchkin my character. Since I shouldn't have to min/max too much, I'm more than half tempted to go the skill monkey route. Also, I haven't played a rogue since second edition, so I figured that I'd follow Eidelon's guide. I've also been reminiscing about FF3 a lot lately, and I'd like to either make my character more in line with Locke Cole or Indiana Jones (which I've also been watching with the kids). That said, I'd rather not be a completely useless tool in combat.

We're starting at level 5 (obviously?)
We're doing a 25 point buy system for stats.
I have no idea what traits to go for.
I have no idea what feats to take.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Psyren
2013-09-15, 04:47 PM
I don't know how prominent traps are I'm RHoD, but even if there are a lot, you're almost guaranteed to be better off with Ninja due to the ki powers. (Or Dervish Bard or Vivisectionist etc.)

Having said that, you can make a decent rogue. You may want to focus on melee if you're not a ninja though. Who are the other members of the party? What's your point buy? Any races you're interested in?

farkerhaiku
2013-09-15, 05:04 PM
I don't know how prominent traps are I'm RHoD, but even if there are a lot, you're almost guaranteed to be better off with Ninja due to the ki powers. (Or Dervish Bard or Vivisectionist etc.)

Having said that, you can make a decent rogue. You may want to focus on melee if you're not a ninja though. Who are the other members of the party? What's your point buy? Any races you're interested in?

I am interested in either human or half elf. We have a gish, a healer, an unknown melee and another unknown. The last one hasn't really made up his mind.