PDA

View Full Version : Magic saddles

Shloogorgh
2013-09-15, 07:26 PM
are there any wondrous item saddles or anything like that?

I've seen saddle bags of holding/sustenance and bridles of ease from arms and equipment guide.

It's for a flying mount, I'm just curious if there's anything out there.

unseenmage
2013-09-15, 07:58 PM
Both the DMG and the Arms and Equipment Guide have wondrous item saddles, horseshoes, and saddlebags with which to pimp your mount.

Shloogorgh
2013-09-15, 10:30 PM
Ah, the arms and equipment guide does have a few magic saddles:

Saddle of Growth, Saddle of the Pegasus, and Saddle of Weather Protection

I don't see any magic saddles in the dmg, and horseshoes don't really apply since my mount is a pterosaur.

That's probably it for magic saddle options

unseenmage
2013-09-15, 10:36 PM
Ah, the arms and equipment guide does have a few magic saddles:

Saddle of Growth, Saddle of the Pegasus, and Saddle of Weather Protection

I don't see any magic saddles in the dmg, and horseshoes don't really apply since my mount is a pterosaur.

That's probably it for magic saddle options

You should speak with your DM about rewording mount equipment for your pterosaur. There's actual text on that very subject, I think it's even in the AaEG if I remember correctly.

Thrudd
2013-09-15, 10:41 PM
What, no Blazing Saddles? Keeps rider and horse immune to cold effects and gives you a 20ft aura that deals 1d6 fire damage? :smallwink:

Shalist
2013-09-15, 10:52 PM
Calvaryman's Saddle (Dmag 334, pg 71, 8500 gold). Grants the mount +10 (unnamed) to base land speed, +5 (competence) to jump, and the bonus feats 'endurance' and 'run'.

HalfQuart
2013-09-16, 10:18 AM
The fluff for the Battle Bridle from MIC 151 indicates that it is both bridle and saddle, and it occupies both the face and body slots of the mount.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-16, 02:09 PM
Horseshoes are available in boot form for mounts with feet rather than hooves, if I remember right.