PDA

View Full Version : Which class(es) should I choose?

Drakeburn
2013-09-15, 10:13 PM
I'm creating my first character for Pathfinder (I plan on playing my first Pathfinder game, just to see how fun it is).

My inspiration for my character is Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame movie (the Disney one of course. The black-and-white live action one was plain awful, it was considered a miracle that I didn't have to watch the whole thing).

I've already made up my mind that my lovely character should be a half-elf. However, I came upon a couple different classes that would suit the sort of character I'm going for: rogue, bard, and sorcerer.

Which one should I go with!?!?!??

holywhippet
2013-09-15, 10:48 PM
I'm creating my first character for Pathfinder (I plan on playing my first Pathfinder game, just to see how fun it is).

My inspiration for my character is Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame movie (the Disney one of course. The black-and-white live action one was plain awful, it was considered a miracle that I didn't have to watch the whole thing).

I've already made up my mind that my lovely character should be a half-elf. However, I came upon a couple different classes that would suit the sort of character I'm going for: rogue, bard, and sorcerer.

Which one should I go with!?!?!??

Bard would be my pick. It's handy as a starting class because they dabble in just about everything - talking, fighting, casting spells etc.

Honest Tiefling
2013-09-15, 11:54 PM
Uh...What aspects of her are you going to focus on? I don't really recall her doing all that much in the movie...(Then again I was a youngin' when I saw it).

I would also go for Bard. I am pretty sure she was using a heavy looking candelabra to swing at somebody, (Blond guy, maybe?) but was also a bit mischievous at something or another. She doesn't really strike me as the type to try to stab someone in the kidneys, nor would a caster be swinging around another other then a spell. Also, bards can use perform (dance). While I do NOT recommend trying to recreate her pole dance, she did dance a lot.

What other characters do you have, and does your DM have access to other books? Bard 20 is probably a good option and simple as well.

Optimator
2013-09-16, 03:09 AM
PF Bards make me sad.

Souju
2013-09-16, 03:18 AM
Make sure you take a look at some of the bard and rogue archetypes. I'm pretty sure some of them fit Esmeralda quite well. Like Carnivalist, since she had that goat with her.
Or Acrobat cuz...yeah.

For bard archetypes, Street Performer fits her to a T.

Psyren
2013-09-16, 03:31 AM
Dervish Dancer, (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/dervish-dancer) and have her use a Bladed Scarf. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/scarf-bladed)

Drakeburn
2013-09-16, 09:27 AM
Ok, I'm definitely going with bard (and maybe dabble in rogue, if I can multiclass with archetypes. Again, I'm new to Pathfinder)

But now, I'm having a hard time deciding which archetype to go with............

Psyren
2013-09-16, 09:34 AM
Ok, I'm definitely going with bard (and maybe dabble in rogue, if I can multiclass with archetypes. Again, I'm new to Pathfinder)

You certainly can; an archetype is just like a big ACF, and you can multiclass (or PrC) just fine in 3.5 even if you take an ACF, so the same is true in PF. The only thing you can't do with archetypes is combine two that replace the same feature.

I don't think you need to multiclass - Bards are sneaky/skilled enough already, and Dervish Dancers can use their Perform abilities quietly, i.e. without singing, so you can do plenty of damage even without sneak attack. If you do want to go this route though, I'd go with Ninja (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja) for the Charisma synergy rather than Rogue.