PDA

View Full Version : Trolling "Friends" in D&D

CyberThread
2013-09-16, 12:23 AM
So this is just on how you , with a DM's help a player can troll another player, without being a horrible person.

My current prank is taking a Shalantha's Delicate Disk, that does an area dispel , and tell them it is a buff, and watch it go off and say oops mislabeled that one.

Tim Proctor
2013-09-16, 12:31 AM
I had a player with a rogue go invisible at an adventurer's conference and walk in front of another player's character and molest everyone making them think the PC was a complete pervert. When security came to kick him out, he denied that he was feeling people up. It was funny.

Same people, same campaign, they went and bought a demon disguise kit or two and somehow made him have dreams about demons and kept dropping demon prophecy stuff at adventure sites for weeks, it was a spell that I don't remember or maybe they were psychic, I do know they did suggestion on him. Anyways after weeks of the player thinking demons were hunting him, they put the kits on and woke him up, he was shocked that the alarms he had didn't go off, and all sorts of stuff. Freaked him out.

Zanos
2013-09-16, 12:32 AM
Cast noxious cloud inside your rope trick, say it must have been someone else. I have the mind of a fifth grader and I don't apologize for it. :smallcool:

MinMax Hardcore
2013-09-16, 12:45 AM
I had a player with a rogue go invisible at an adventurer's conference and walk in front of another player's character and molest everyone making them think the PC was a complete pervert. When security came to kick him out, he denied that he was feeling people up. It was funny.

This is awesome.

Tim Proctor
2013-09-16, 12:50 AM
This is awesome.

It was actually the funnest campaign I ever DM'd, they did so many practical jokes on each other that every encounter was funny. They would probably do as much research on how to prank each other as I did on the adventure and then go for it. Unfortunately, during a BBEG encounter one of them pranked the group by doing something (I don't remember it was 14 years ago) and it was a TPK.

MinMax Hardcore
2013-09-16, 01:00 AM
Me and this party had a choice between walking for hours in
a hot desert to get to our location or take a shortcut which is
crawling with bandits.

Me being a paladin with a flying mount. I ditch them.
I pretty much Trolalala to our location and asked them what
took so long. :smalltongue:

LogosDragon
2013-09-16, 01:29 AM
Me and this party had a choice between walking for hours in
a hot desert to get to our location or take a shortcut which is
crawling with bandits.

Me being a paladin with a flying mount. I ditch them.
I pretty much Trolalala to our location and asked them what
took so long. :smalltongue:

That doesn't seem very paladin of you -_-

Speaking of Paladins... Oh, Neutral party in desert hears Paladin ask for help removing armor due to oncoming fatigue? They all just... sprinted away... T.T Granted, we were only 5th level so it was no great lost investment of time... But that just makes it more embarrassing that my up-and-coming champion of justice eventually became Exhausted and was then eaten by some desert insect sand-burrowing creature.

For more practical, less lethal jokes, nothing beats creative use of 1st level wizard spells and cantrips at parties. Mage Hand to make people think your friends are perverts, Summon Monster 1 for Celestial Badgers on people's food/shoulder, Prestigitation to randomly sponge somebody down for no reason, any low-level Image spell to make your friends waste spells thinking the BBEG is invading, and liberal use of Shatter on peoples' clothes depending on what the DM allows.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-16, 06:29 AM
Pathfinder, we played a level one adventure that involved walking around a city doing small tasks for the various factions of pathfinder societies. One of them involved taking a box being guarded by an imp.

Now the imp was trapped in a room by wards of some kind.

There where lots of us, but the LN cleric (me) and the paladin pick up the box, and when the imp appears to attack the party, simply walk out of the room.

The rest of the party stop and fight the imp who CAN'T CHASE US.

We sat on the other side of the door and had a conversation with the host (who set this challenge up to test the group) while the rest of the party fought a creature with DR silver and no silver weapons.

When they got out we asked them why they killed the imp when it was just following orders, and pointed out they could have simply walked out of the room because we already have what we needed.

The DM almost couldn't stop laughing.

Perseus
2013-09-16, 08:55 AM

Same people, same campaign, they went and bought a demon disguise kit or two and somehow made him have dreams about demons and kept dropping demon prophecy stuff at adventure sites for weeks, it was a spell that I don't remember or maybe they were psychic, I do know they did suggestion on him. Anyways after weeks of the player thinking demons were hunting him, they put the kits on and woke him up, he was shocked that the alarms he had didn't go off, and all sorts of stuff. Freaked him out.

Pals did this to my character once. They imed the DM what they were doing during the game (standard procedure at the table)... My mage slaying death machine killed three wizards that night... But hey they are the ones that knew he was a pouncing uber charging death machine.

They shouldn't have started from 50 feet away for dramatic tension...

3 targets with 6 attacks and each attack doing almost double their HP max... Haha...yeah...

Uhtred
2013-09-16, 12:43 PM
As DM, I gave the players in my Saturday campaign an unassuming tankard, blessed by Olidammara, that produced a Rod of Wonder effect every time someone drank from it. The Gnome illusionist in the party used a silent image to disguise the tankard as a standard one used by the tavern they were visiting, and handed it to the party blaster, who drank from it, and was subject to a Lightning Bolt. The blaster looked at the rogue, famous for doing stuff like that, and promptly Reduced Person on the small-size Halfling. Halfling responded with Blasting Globes. Bar fight ensues.

Tegannie
2013-09-16, 01:27 PM
Not an in-character practical joke, but I played a changling in a campaign without telling the other player (it was a 2-person party) for 3-4 months out of character. He knew something was up, but didn't suspect that I was a changling.