PDA

View Full Version : [RWBY] Sanctum: IC Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-16, 12:55 AM
The city of Meadow lies peacefully in the grip of the mountains that provide the raw materials for the machinery it is known for, cradled between the tall peaks and a broad river that lets out into ocean a few miles south of the city. Aeroships are a common sight above the city, ferrying people and product in and out of Meadow while the average, everyday citizen goes about their business beneath the clear sky above and the unsettling sight of the broken moon above. Even more then Meadow's factories, the city is known for the grandiose collection of buildings that were built on a cliff over-looking the beach, the Hunter academy Sanctum. The trail between school and city is dangerous at night, haunted by Grimms, but such is life for everyone who doesn't have the good fortune to live one of the four cities to grace Vytal's surface.

Meadow itself is a large city but the biggest building is actually an arena that is currently being prepared for a tournament. Normally smog would be a problem but the use of Dust as an energy source and the common use of aeroplanes has kept pollution from being too serious of a problem. Some parts of town, particularly those closer to the river, are obviously worse off then some of the others with a sizable slum reserved for the occupation of faunas.

((OOC: Minor intro to give an impression of the lay of the land in my mind.))

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 01:06 AM
[Around the Campus]
Sanctum! Rebecca looks around to make sure no one is watching her and does a little twirl. She starts beaming and even lets out a little giggle. I'm finally here! she thinks. She then grabs her suitcase and looks around for where she's going to be staying.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 01:25 AM
[Near The Entranceway]
Hmm. Well, if this is going to be my home for the next few years, I might as well learn my way around!
Caelynn bolts off, cartography equipment in her left and belongings in a satchel. Her daggers hang by her sides.

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 01:32 AM
Near the Entrance

)(I'm assuming nobody knows each other yet)(

Mind if I tag along? Caelynn should notice Korwil running alongside her at equal speed, not that he seems to be pushing himself. Almost as if he were walking around a pond at night.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 01:36 AM
Why not? Caelynn extends hand for handshake. Caelynn Arkhosia, Carographer and Self-Proclaimed Rogue. You can just call me Cael.

Calemyr
2013-09-16, 01:43 AM
[Combat Field]

Kaden arrived a few days ago, and was surprised to find the gates closed. Fortunately for her, access to the combat field was still open. She's spent most of these three awkward days doing what she does best: training. Currently she's playing a game against herself, one she calls "Grave Yard". The rules are simple, to see how long she can keep herself off the ground without stopping. The moment she touches the field, she "dies". Right now, she's close to beating her personal record.

Watching this game would be interesting for a spectator. It would be a display of excellent gymnastics and acrobatics, her tonfa acting as hand holds in thin air, and at times as a propellant to launch her further up. The fact that she continues going inspires a morbid fascination with how long she can maintain her pace.

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 01:47 AM
Korwil accepts the gesture warmly as he replies.Korwil Traise, Hunter, just don't have the official title yet. You can call me whatever you find easiest, Cael.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 01:51 AM
Korwil accepts the gesture warmly as he replies.Korwil Traise, Hunter, just don't have the official title yet. You can call me whatever you find easiest, Cael.

Nice to meet you Will. Any hobbies? I love card games and exploring. It is how I got my first unofficial title, after all.

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 01:53 AM
Well, to be honest, I haven't had much time for hobbies...though I do enjoy sunsets.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 01:56 AM
Well, to be honest, I haven't had much time for hobbies...though I do enjoy sunsets.

I would worry if you didn't! Well... Unless you wet afraid of the dark, but you know what I mean. Caelynn notices weapon holster as she glances around the general area what weapon do you use?

Shyftir
2013-09-16, 02:50 AM
[Combat Field]

Unbeknownst to Kaden, she has an audience, a young man with a large weapon strapped to his back. Casually he watches her flipping and leaping.

She's good at that. I wonder what inspired that style. Kyran thought. She must be using Aura to hold herself in the air... doesn't seem to use any Dust techniques though... Perhaps we could compare notes. I could use some more instruction on Aura use.

Kyran checked his watch. Hmm... almost time for the gates to open.

Socratov
2013-09-16, 05:57 AM
[near Entrance, hidden behind a pillar]

Heh, a new audience, maybe it's time for an introduction

Robin grins. He knows exactly what he wants to do now.

Robin draws Mirage and focuses his aura. He now projects 3 illusionary copies of him walking towards those 2 unsuspecting new students.

This will be hilarious!

Halt! Don't you know you are to report to your mentor?!

The illusions simultanteously exclaim the warning.

*snicker* there is a sucker born every minute...

Calemyr
2013-09-16, 09:14 AM
[Combat Field]

As Kaden continues her morning practice, a sense on unease begins to grow on her. She looks down, noticing for the first time the crowd gathering at the front entrance, and panics. "Oh crap, am I late?!" The revelation distracts her so much that her grip on one of her tonfa slips, sending her plummeting towards the ground. She attempts valiantly to use her remaining weapon to regain control, but all she manages to do is limit the damage by turning her downward momentum sideways, sending her plowing into the field and tumbling unceremoniously through the grass.

"Ouch." She moans as she pulls herself slowly to her feat. Sore but uninjured (Aura is a wonderful thing), she walks over to retrieve her errant weapon, her green shirt stained with mud and her tan slacks stained with grass. "Well, that coulda gone better..." She mutters to herself. "What a way to start my first day, eh? Now what was I... Oh crap!"

Kaden breaks into a dead run towards the front entrance, vaulting over obstacles in Le Parkour fashion and using her tonfa to keep her in the air whenever necessary, chanting "Please don't be late!" under her breath.

[Near Entrance]

She skids to a stop on the sidewalk just before the the main clearing before the entrance and makes a largely vain effort to tidy herself up before joining the crowd.

"Not late."

Astral Avenger
2013-09-16, 10:16 AM
Near Entrance on top of pillar
I love this fresh air, so much better than in the city...

Craig arches his back and inhales deeply.

Halt! Don't you know you are to report to your mentor?!

What? Crap, I gotta get going then!

Vaulting off, towards the back of the pillar, Craig lands with a dull THUD. Looking up from the crouch he landed in, Crap, There are FOUR of you?!

Socratov
2013-09-16, 10:27 AM
Hahahahahahaha! So easy! And yes, there are four of me... eh.. I mean us

You should have seen the look on your face man! Priceless!

I dispell the illusion and sheathe my sabre

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 11:11 AM
I would worry if you didn't! Well... Unless you wet afraid of the dark, but you know what I mean. Caelynn notices weapon holster as she glances around the general area what weapon do you use?

Sorry, forums ate my post.

Korwil stops as they reach the crowd at the gates and draws his revolver. Flashfreeze. What do you use?
Suddenly, illusions! Traise simply raises one eyebrow and stares down the three illusions. I will, as soon as they let us in. Besides, you can't be more than 18, you're in no position of authority, so quiet your bellows lad. Kids these days. Will starts to feel a little out of place. Everyone around him is a child, here he is at 23...not a late bloomer, just a country boy.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 02:26 PM
Sorry, forums ate my post.

Korwil stops as they reach the crowd at the gates and draws his revolver. Flashfreeze. What do you use?
Suddenly, illusions! Traise simply raises one eyebrow and stares down the three illusions. I will, as soon as they let us in. Besides, you can't be more than 18, you're in no position of authority, so quiet your bellows lad. Kids these days. Will starts to feel a little out of place. Everyone around him is a child, here he is at 23...not a late bloomer, just a country boy.

A gun the shoots cryogenic blasts? Neat! I've got these. Caelynn unsheathes her long knives. Their silver blades seem to glow faint yellow. I call them Storm and Quake. I can use my aura to release EMPs and electric shocks from them, and I accelerate as I land blows with them! Forged them myself.
Suddenly, the Authorities!
Halt. Don't you know you need to report to your mentor?
What? Crap, I gotta get going then!
*CRASH*
There are FOUR of you?!
Caelynn looks on with an amused smile. You're not very good at this. There is no possible way four different people can look completely and exactly alike. Try putting variation in them.

Caelynn extends her left hand to Craig
I assume you don't usually run into illusions head first back at home? I'm Caelynn, but you can call me Cael.
((OOC: Cael's Left handed))

Lord Raziere
2013-09-16, 02:52 PM
Near Entrance

Kedra walked in, her footsteps making little clanking noises, she was looking around at what was happening, she herself clad in power armor with her drill-lance on her back.
"Am I….interrupting something? By the way, m'names Kedra, Kedra Kaltican. This thing on my back is Ram. Ram isn't going to say hi. No one likes it when Ram says hi."
She stood with confidence and a quiet smile that spoke of a hidden brashness? or was recklessness? Was there a difference?

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-16, 02:53 PM
Ria

Another new arrival was approaching the gates of Sanctum when all the commotion was going down, dragging two suitcases along the ground behind her in a bit of a racket. After all, one of the confounded things was constructed of scuffed, durable metal and screeched like a wounded nevermore on a cold night as the girl made her way up to the gates. The other looked like the typical luggage a well-off rich person might use if it wasn't scuffed and battered from nigh constant use. Despite the racket and the struggle of dragging it all up to the doors to Sanctum, there was a bright and irrepressible gleam of delight in her light green eyes at finally taking in the gate to the school and the outlying buildings that could be seen through them.

"Wow~! I can't believe that I'm here right now," Ria Kurzmann says with a bit of a pant in her voice from the long walk up to this place. "Sanctum, the first step to schooling the great hunters that protect civilization...this is so cooooooooool!"

The long-haired blonde covers her mouth with one hand to keep her fangirlish squeal from being too loud, even as she hops from one foot to the other. This was stupendous! She would show her mother that she was a perfectly capable huntress and then Grimms better watch out!

AnimeKid
2013-09-16, 03:10 PM
Alexandra

There was another girl coming up the stairs. She would probably turn few heads once she was spotted. Very tall and pretty Alexandra was hoisting 4 large suitcases over her head with one hand. The reason for that being so that she could more securely hold onto a smaller pure white suitcase meant for holding dust. Considering the elements she keeps on hand she thought it was a good idea. After all carrying her suitcases were a breeze. It was harder to heft Krasch Soldat, which was strapped to her back, that it was to hold up the suitcases. Eventually she would find her way to edge of the crowd with a confused look on her face. She couldn't exactly move past them.

"Umm, excuse me? Is there something going on? Are we not allowed in yet?"She tries to speak to make herself heard.

Calemyr
2013-09-16, 03:19 PM
[Near Entrance]

"Looks like I even have time to scope out the competition." Kaden observes with a proud grin. Using her tonfa to climb up to a higher vantage point, she looks down with interest at the weapons and techniques currently on display, making note of people she's going to have to spar with at least once before the year's out. It's a longer list than she'd expected, as there are some very tough people here.

She is trying quite hard to sit still, in order to observe without drawing attention to her. She's not doing too great a job of that, however, due to her mounting excitement over having so many strong people to test herself against. Her energy is just too much to contain, she looks like she has ants in her pants.

Given her recent crash landing, that may well be literal.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 03:26 PM
"Am I….interrupting something? By the way, m'names Kedra, Kedra Kaltican. This thing on my back is Ram. Ram isn't going to say hi. No one likes it when Ram says hi."

Why hello! I'm Caelynn. Cael for short. I love that spear, by the way!

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 03:35 PM
Near Entrance ~ Korwil and Cael

Traise offers a small wave at all the newcomers. Now that they've put the illusionist back in his place. Yes, cyrogenics. When are they going to let us in? My trigger finger is itching...
Oh, ah, my name is Korwil, I guess I'm gonna have to introduce myself a lot today.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-16, 03:42 PM
DERP. Player completely misinformed as to what was going on. Will post actual thing in a minute.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 03:43 PM
[Near Entrance]

"Looks like I even have time to scope out the competition." Kaden observes with a proud grin. Using her tonfa to climb up to a higher vantage point, she looks down with interest at the weapons and techniques currently on display, making note of people she's going to have to spar with at least once before the year's out. It's a longer list than she'd expected, as there are some very tough people here.

She is trying quite hard to sit still, in order to observe without drawing attention to her. She's not doing too great a job of that, however, due to her mounting excitement over having so many strong people to test herself against. Her energy is just too much to contain, she looks like she has ants in her pants.

Given her recent crash landing, that may well be literal.

Cael gazes up (but does not move head).
You're not very good at sneaking. Might want to calm down a little bit. And I'm keeping an eye on that guy over there. The robotic music player software is very inauspicious

Lord Raziere
2013-09-16, 03:46 PM

Why hello! I'm Caelynn. Cael for short. I love that spear, by the way!

"Spear? Check your eyes, Ram is a drill-lance, your thinking Drill-Spears. Those are little drills at the end of long sticks. this is a big drill at the end of a much shorter stick, y'know, like the lances knights used to use to make jousts. Nice to meet you, Cael though. Maybe one day I'll learn to wield a drill-spear, those have a different balance since the drill is smaller and the weight is less evenly spread out."

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 03:53 PM
"Spear? Check your eyes, Ram is a drill-lance, your thinking Drill-Spears. Those are little drills at the end of long sticks. this is a big drill at the end of a much shorter stick, y'know, like the lances knights used to use to make jousts. Nice to meet you, Cael though. Maybe one day I'll learn to wield a drill-spear, those have a different balance since the drill is smaller and the weight is less evenly spread out."

I apologize. To an untrained eye, many similar weapons look similar. Let me introduce my friends. Cael flicks her daggers up it of their sheaths, catching them by the blade. An audible crackle can be heard. Meet Storm and Quake. Specialized Long Knives with Aura augments.

Socratov
2013-09-16, 03:53 PM
Well, it seems my audience has finally arrived

I grab a slight bit of dust from my pouch and a blank from a pocket. I draw MIrage form it's sheath and I fire the blank off and create a flash with my dust.

When the smoke clears I strike a confident pose.

Had you guys there for a second didn't I? The name is Robin, I am what you may think of as a performer.

I take a bow, fire another blank to create smoke and disappear further into the schoolyard

Calemyr
2013-09-16, 03:56 PM
Cael gazes up (but does not move head).
You're not very good at sneaking. Might want to calm down a little bit.

"Screw that! There's going to be tournament?! Oh, that would be so awesome! How could you not be excited? Oh, I wonder who my first opponent would be? I wonder where it would be held? Where's the combat fie- oh." She sighs, remembering she just came from the combat field. There were no preparations being made for any tournament there. "Or it could just be some rich kid screwing with us. Figures."

Her excitement suitably dampened, Kaden swings down from her perch. She offers Cael a hand. "Name's Kaden. Kaden Zei. Good eye, looking up. You'd be surprised how often people don't think to do that."

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 03:58 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only performer at this school. I specialize in theatrics.

Why thank you Kaden. It helps to have a well-developed sense of hearing as well. Cael shakes her hand

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 04:00 PM
Traise laughs! A tournament...ha.
Who needs to look up? I could hear your shifting feet...

Lord Raziere
2013-09-16, 04:05 PM
I apologize. To an untrained eye, many similar weapons look similar. Let me introduce my friends. Cael flicks her daggers up it of their sheaths, catching them by the blade. An audible crackle can be heard. Meet Storm and Quake. Specialized Long Knives with Aura augments.

She looks at the two weapons.
"Hm, quick dual-wielder type eh? Thats cool, I'm more of a power and resilience person myself, but I guess thats kind of obvious. The world needs all kinds of people to fight against the Grim, probably because they show up in so many forms, can't kill them in any one way. as for aura augments... Its mostly my armor that interacts with my Aura, its kind of powered by it."
She looked at the others.
"Yep all types indeed, wonder how many will actually be successful. I've heard this Academy is harsh. You might want to be careful Cael, especially with jokers that think fighting is a freaking performance around here…"

Edit:
"Oh YOUR a performer? well….uh….this is awkward…"

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 04:13 PM
Near entrance

It's a strong, well built weapon. Clearly well made. That goes to both of you, Caelynn, Kaden. I wield Flashfreeze. Crystals and dust are my main ammo, I suppose, but I heavily influence every shot with my Aura, allowing a snowflake to become an avalanche. I'm looking forward to fighting the Grimm here.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 04:14 PM
"Yep all types indeed, wonder how many will actually be successful. I've heard this Academy is harsh. You might want to be careful Cael, especially with jokers that think fighting is a freaking performance around here… Oh YOUR a performer? well….uh….this is awkward…"

Cael laughs. It's okay. I took a theater class when I was young. I'm currently a cartographer.
I like adding flair to my combat in small doses. Obviously I wouldn't do a flip every time I jumped at someone for example. I just use bright colors and flashy moves to distract my enemy. It's really just like charging with the sun behind you.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-16, 04:16 PM
Well, Now Hatter Has Got His Stuff Together. (He hopes.) Near Entrance.

Let's assume that due to me somehow thinking there was a tournament, that the kid is just messing around with them. He laughs lightly in the dark. Hah. Nevermind, good you know what you're doing. Most people here do not. I'm here to meet with the Headmaster, or some sort of leader. There is one, correct? Or have I miscalculated in my assumption. I've never been here. Would one of you kindly show me around to his office? I would greatly appreciate it. My name is Mr. Mortemus. Of Mortemus Corp, Weapon's Manufacture and Robotics Company. This is Clay. The teen gestures to the large robot, his gloves emblazoned with gold initials.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 04:18 PM
you'll have to wait with the rest of us.

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-16, 04:30 PM
Ria

"Wow, there's quite a crowd out here, I wonder if everyone here is a student or if some of them are teachers...or even already hunters!" Ria muses aloud to herself, tapping a single finger against her lips as she leans up on her tip-toes to try and peer over the heads of the other gathered students to look at the school itself.

"Excuse me, hello...!" she called out, waving her hand about to try and get the attention of the other students. Well...for a minute anyway before she begins to push between the others and stand before the gates herself. "This might be silly but...has anyone tried to open the gate yet?

Not even waiting for an answer, Ria reaches out and pushes on the gate...prompting it to open up and allow everyone on to the schools grounds to get to the opening ceremony or...whatever they had to do!

It occurs to me that we don't really have any teacher characters or a head master!

HalfTangible
2013-09-16, 04:35 PM
[The Crowd]

Theron blinked twice as the gate was pushed open. Why hadn't anyone tried that already...?... Huh.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 04:37 PM
Ria

"Wow, there's quite a crowd out here, I wonder if everyone here is a student or if some of them are teachers...or even already hunters!" Ria muses aloud to herself, tapping a single finger against her lips as she leans up on her tip-toes to try and peer over the heads of the other gathered students to look at the school itself.

"Excuse me, hello...!" she called out, waving her hand about to try and get the attention of the other students. Well...for a minute anyway before she begins to push between the others and stand before the gates herself. "This might be silly but...has anyone tried to open the gate yet?

Not even waiting for an answer, Ria reaches out and pushes on the gate...prompting it to open up and allow everyone on to the schools grounds to get to the opening ceremony or...whatever they had to do!

It occurs to me that we don't really have any teacher characters or a head master!

Hey guys, you know how there aren't any teachers? Maybe we all can play a secondary teacher character.

If so, Callos gets dibs on headmaster.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-16, 04:39 PM
The Crowd

Aurum frowns a little, though any onlookers couldn't be sure. However, the tone of his calming voice is clear he's a little disappointed. You... hadn't even opened the gates? Not the brightest batch of blabbering buffoonish braggards this year, I suppose. At least they're not touching eachother like that couple last year. Eugh. I suppose I am to wait to meet said Headmaster, yes? Well. If you do not mind, I will be following you. Clay. Umbrella. Clay the Robot pulls a black umbrella out of the backback on the things back. Aurum sets the umbrella over him, and it somehow manages to keep his body mostly in shadow. Somehow.

AnimeKid
2013-09-16, 04:52 PM
The Crowd

Alexandra was a little miffed at being ignored but hey, someone opened the gate at least. Now that the way was clear she crouches down on her powerful legs and jumps over the crowd, landing a bit heavily, but none the worse for wear and with her suitcases still being held aloft. If she was to get strange looks from anyone she would simply say, "What, no one was moving. Plus I hate being ignored." With that she would proceed to head inside. Hopefully they would be assigning them dorms in the main building so that she could set her stuff down.

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 04:56 PM
The Crowd

Will glares at the rich young punk standing under the umbrella. How would you know what the class was like last year? You said, not five minutes ago, that you've never been here before! Before you waltz up to the Headmaster like you own the place, just remember that whether your a student or a salesman, you are a guest.
Use your manners. Korwil holsters his revolver, which had a particular finger dangerously close to the trigger. He then helps herd everyone inside, keeping the gate open and and helping some with their luggage.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 05:00 PM
So hopefully I'll see you later, Kedra. Hopefully we'll have the same classes or team!

Hattish Thing
2013-09-16, 05:02 PM
The Crowd

Will glares at the rich young punk standing under the umbrella. How would you know what the class was like last year? You said, not five minutes ago, that you've never been here before! Before you waltz up to the Headmaster like you own the place, just remember that whether your a student or a salesman, you are a guest.
Use your manners. Korwil holsters his revolver, which had a particular finger dangerously close to the trigger. He then helps herd everyone inside, keeping the gate open and and helping some with their luggage.

He seems to be looking at Will. Maybe. It's hard to tell. Oh? I lied. I do that. I simply don't remember this place. Not much to remember... I prefer the chrome and glass needle that is my home. Other than stone mixed with tech. You know, My Grandfather was present the day the construction was finished here. I don't dance. Two left feet. Heh. Manners... Usually, youngling, I'm the one enforcing matters. But, as you said... I am a guest. He begins to walk forward, Clay behind him. The 7 foot tall robot may be rather hard to miss.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-16, 05:05 PM
So hopefully I'll see you later, Kedra. Hopefully we'll have the same classes or team!

"Heh me too, but if we don't….and end up on different teams….I won't go easy on you. I never go easy."
She strode in after everyone. Of course she left it unsaid the same applied to everyone else. There was Grim to fight! They had to be prepared. and if a drill-lance to the face gets them prepared, then she was the one to shove it in their faces. Especially if she liked them. Couldn't have her friends dying to Grim. No way would she allow that. Not. At. All.

Socratov
2013-09-16, 05:16 PM
Crowd

mingling through the crowd Robin moves towards and through the gate.

That small boy with the 7 foot tall beancan better find back his manners soon else he may be the target of a certain type of 'misfortune'

Robin chucles.

Now to make my way to the perfect spot on the grounds. Maybe create a clique of sorts. Ideal wouydl be some people to keep the grimm busy while I skewer it in the back... I could always rifle my way through...

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 06:07 PM
Rebecca comes barreling through the gates gasping and wheezing. She walks up to a nearby person, and asks, "Oh, god! I'm not *gasp* late am I?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 06:13 PM
[Assembly]

Cael waits anxiously. Partly to calm her nerves and partly just due to habit, Caelynn pulls out a deck of cards, and shuffles them.

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 06:18 PM
[Assembly]
Rebecca walks up to Cael and taps her on the shoulder before panting out, "Excuse me, am I late? Did I miss anything? Will they kick me out because I was late?" She gets more and more flustered with each question.

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 06:28 PM
[Assembly]
Rebecca walks up to Cael and taps her on the shoulder before panting out, "Excuse me, am I late? Did I miss anything? Will they kick me out because I was late?" She gets more and more flustered with each question.

No, you're fine. The assembly hasn't begun yet. It'll start soon though. I doubt they'd kick you out for being late. You can't exactly control all the variables after all.

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 06:33 PM
[Assembly]
Rebeca laughs nervously, "Heh, yeah." She takes a second to start breathing normally, and then smiles and extends a hand. "I'm Rebecca."

Arkhosia
2013-09-16, 07:14 PM
caelynn accepts the gesture of friendship.
Caelynn. Nice to meet you.

((OOC: changing color))

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 07:21 PM
"Nice to meet you, too, Cae-" She interrupts herself by sneezing. "Sorry." She grins sheepishly.

Aric Kale
2013-09-16, 08:39 PM
Around the School

All Korwil has for luggage is a travel sack, which has been slung over his shoulder the whole time. He has Dust, wrapped in cloths, and that's it. He wanders around the main hallways, not concerning himself with much. Father always said, "you'll learn all in time."
He loses himself in thought, maybe finding himself in the main hallway.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-16, 08:40 PM
Entrance-Walking Inside

Well, Aurum continues to walk forward, not caring much for this older chap. Obviously this older student had not heard of Mortemus Corp. He held his black umbrella over him, and twirled it slightly, the silver handle cool in his grasp. The shade somehow still covering him. Clay strides in front of him, the wide robot making sure Aurum doesn't get touched. Aurum didn't like being touched. He will try to find his way to The Headmaster.

(OOC, Headmaster, Y U NO post directions? :smalltongue:)

Hawkflight
2013-09-16, 11:10 PM
Moving Inside

One of the latecomers, one might note, was a fox faunus. A girl with bright yellow-orange hair with reddish-orange streaks, and an unmissable set of ears and a fluffy tail. Glancing around, she quickly made her way to the crowd gathering inside.

Oh my god, this is gonna be so awesome! she thought. I'm going to make friends, and fight the Grimm, and have a roommate, and, and, and --- ooof! She was so distracted by her own thoughts of how amazing this year would be, that she accidentally bumped into ...!

((Anyone who wants to interact with me, feel free to be the person she bumped into.))

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 11:20 PM
[Inside]
The movement of the crowd had pushed Rebecca away from Caelynn. She was tying to get her bearings when Kitty bumps into her. "Oh! I'm sorr- Oh, my god, you're a fox." Rebecca's jaw drops.

Hawkflight
2013-09-16, 11:31 PM
[Inside]
The movement of the crowd had pushed Rebecca away from Caelynn. She was tying to get her bearings when Kitty bumps into her. "Oh! I'm sorr- Oh, my god, you're a fox." Rebecca's jaw drops.

"Oh! Um, s-sorry," said Kitty, her elation fading. She stepped back. Oh no, here it comes. She's going to freak out and run away.... she thought sadly.

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 11:43 PM
[Inside]
She giggles nervously. "Sorry, that was really rude. I'm just really nervous because it's my first day here and everyone has better weapons and is way more talented-" She pauses her anxious tirade to sneeze into a handkerchief. "Sorry!"

Hawkflight
2013-09-16, 11:46 PM
Kitty blinked in confusion before grinning again. Maybe this would be great after all!

"Oh! No worries!" she said. "I'm Katherine Lacuna, but you can call me Kitty."

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 11:55 PM
[Inside]
Rebecca holds up a finger to indicate for Kitty to wait a second. After a bit of time, Rebecca finishes her sneezing fit with a couple more sneezes. "Ugh. By nabe is Rebecca." She snifles before repeating "I mean, my name is Rebecca. Nice to meet you Kitty."

Hawkflight
2013-09-16, 11:58 PM
"Nice to meet you too, Rebecca," said Kitty. "Um, are you okay?"

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 12:04 AM
"Oh! Um, s-sorry," said Kitty, her elation fading. She stepped back. Oh no, here it comes. She's going to freak out and run away.... she thought sadly.

Kaden has been wandering around the crowd, taking a look at various weapons and students and trying to rank them in her mind on who would be the most fun to fight. She was already struggling to pick a top ten when she heard the collision behind her. Rebecca's reaction caught her attention, causing her to spin around to meet the newcomer.

She gets a good look at Kitty and grins. "Never met a Faunis before. Name's Kaden, pleased to meet ya. You okay? You look nervous..."

Kaden's expression and body language make it clear that she's sincere in her friendly fascination and worry. She flinches slightly as she notices that Kitty is still talking to Rebecca. "Ah, um... sorry. I'll just... go look at those weapons over there..." With that she turns back to resume compiling her list.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 12:13 AM
"Nice to meet you too, Rebecca," said Kitty. "Um, are you okay?"

Kaden has been wandering around the crowd, taking a look at various weapons and students and trying to rank them in her mind on who would be the most fun to fight. She was already struggling to pick a top ten when she heard the collision behind her. Rebecca's reaction caught her attention, causing her to spin around to meet the newcomer.

She gets a good look at Kitty and grins. "Never met a Faunis before. Name's Kaden, pleased to meet ya. You okay? You look nervous..."

Kaden's expression and body language make it clear that she's sincere in her friendly fascination and worry. She flinches slightly as she notices that Kitty is still talking to Rebecca. "Ah, um... sorry. I'll just... go look at those weapons over there..." With that she turns back to resume compiling her list.

"I'm fine-ish. My *Sniffle* allergies are just murdering me today." Rebecca tilts her head as Kaden comes and goes. "What was that about?"

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 12:18 AM

"Oh, no no no no no! It's okay," she said. "And, I'm fine, thanks. I'm just a little nervous is all...."

When Kaden mentioned that she liked looking at weapons, Kitty gasped. "Wait! You like weapons too?!" she asked.

"I'm fine-ish. My *Sniffle* allergies are just murdering me today." Rebecca tilts her head as Kaden comes and goes. "What was that about?"

"Do you need some allergy medication?" Kitty asked. "The nurse's office might have some."

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 12:23 AM
Recalibrating.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 12:30 AM
[Inside]
"This is me on allergy medication." Rebecca sighs. "Someone nearby is probably just wearing a perfume that I'm allergic to, or has dog hair on their clothes or something."

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 12:30 AM
"Oh, no no no no no! It's okay," she said. "And, I'm fine, thanks. I'm just a little nervous is all...."

When Kaden mentioned that she liked looking at weapons, Kitty gasped. "Wait! You like weapons too?!" she asked.

"Of course! They're what makes a good fight into a great fight. I mean, look at all of them - every one of them unique, every one of them an expression of their user. You see one person, you've seen 'em all, really, but their weapons... now, that's where you see what a person really is. Plus, some of these people had some really good ideas, I can't wait to see how some of them perform!"

She looks around again, awkwardly. "Besides, if I don't find something interesting to think about I'm going to crawl out of my skin. This ain't my scene, I wanna be doing something..."

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 12:40 AM
"This is me on allergy medication." Rebecca sighs. "Someone nearby is probably just wearing a perfume that I'm allergic to, or has dog hair on their clothes or something."

"....Oh." Kitty was suddenly very aware of the fact that she was a fox faunas, and foxes were technically canids. Oops.

"Of course! They're what makes a good fight into a great fight. I mean, look at all of them - every one of them unique, every one of them an expression of their user. You see one person, you've seen 'em all, really, but their weapons... now, that's where you see what a person really is. Plus, some of these people had some really good ideas, I can't wait to see how some of them perform!"

She looks around again, awkwardly. "Besides, if I don't find something interesting to think about I'm going to crawl out of my skin. This ain't my scene, I wanna be [I]doing something..."

"I don't know," said Kitty. "There's a lot a different people, but weapons are definitely one of the best expressions of a person. You can tell how they'll deal with a problem by the type of weapon they use. Check this out." With a flourish, she drew Heaven's Maw from its sheath, the weapon automatically folding up into its gun form as she drew it.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 12:45 AM
[Inside]
"I just use these old things." Rebecca draws her axe shields, before buckling over with a sneeze. Perhaps Kitty isn't the greatest person for Rebecca's nose.

Shyftir
2013-09-17, 01:07 AM
[Inside]

Kyran swaggered in behind the others knowing full well that the Headmaster wouldn't start right on time. His brothers had given him the scoop on orientation day, and the knowledge resulted in him acting smug and confident. The redheaded young man was carrying Red Branch on his shoulder due to its normal place being filled with a military-style knapsack. The weapon would be slightly obscured by its over-sized sheathe, but anyone paying attention would see a long hilt and cross-guard sticking out of what looked like a rocket-launcher.

Kyran pulled off the dark sunglasses he had been wearing and looked around at the crowd. "So 'as anyone else 'ere ever killed a Grim?" He smirked.

{{{ooc:I switched colors too.}}}

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 01:15 AM
"I don't know," said Kitty. "There's a lot a different people, but weapons are definitely one of the best expressions of a person. You can tell how they'll deal with a problem by the type of weapon they use. Check this out." With a flourish, she drew Heaven's Maw from its sheath, the weapon automatically folding up into its gun form as she drew it.

"Wow. That thing looks like it could do some damage. What's the chain for, though? Does it... oh, don't tell me it... does that thing also turn into a chainsaw? Wow. I can't imagine how you multi-phase weapon users can keep track of it all. I'd be all 'Bang! Bang! Bzzztt! Can someone find my hand?', you know?"

[Inside]
"I just use these old things." Rebecca draws her axe shields, before buckling over with a sneeze. Perhaps Kitty isn't the greatest person for Rebecca's nose.

Kaden looks over at Rebecca's weapons. "Twin shields? Wow, that's a thing. Never met a person with the right sort of temperment for that sort of thing. I sure couldn't do it. I really want to see what you can do with those bad boys. Not now, of course, but... you know... sometime."

She draws her own weapons, a pair of simple-looking copper tonfa. "Me, I got these things. Fit me to a T, these. A bit simple, yeah. Rather dull, even. But once I get 'em going there ain't nothing can stop 'em. But my old teacher used to say, she used to say a weapon's no good if it ain't a part of you, if it don't touch yer soul in some way. That's the important bit, ya know. If it touches your soul, a simple stick can outshine fanciest blade out there. Same with yer shields, am I right? They are part of you, and that makes them awesome. And that in turn makes you awesome."

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 03:20 AM
"....Oh." Kitty was suddenly very aware of the fact that she was a fox faunas, and foxes were technically canids. Oops.

Well, lookie. It seems Mr. Aurum Mortemus II has snuck up behind Kitty, clad in his black silt Armani suit, covering every inch of skin in silk. He holds a black umbrella, which projects a complete shadow down to his face, hiding any facial details. His seven foot tall robotic bodyguard is behind Aurum, somehow had been stealthy as well. He speaks, his cool but unnerving voice slithering. Aw, will you look at that. Some assemblage of what looks to be a custom-made Weapon. Just looking at the superannuated firearm familiarizes me with its obviously inadequate firing apparatus. Honestly, my personal designs at Mortemus Corp regulate the languidness of this substandard firearm. But I wouldn't presuppose that a dissimilar, neoteric, and barbaric militant such as yourself would know anything about the complexities of weaponry. I recommend you travel downtown sometime and visit one of the weapon shops stationed around our municipal. Now, which one of you unseasoned acquaintances yearn to council me to the direction of the Headmaster's Office. I haven't been in the area here in several years.

By the way, My name is Mr. Mortemus, of Mortemus Corp. If you haven't heard of me, pick up a book, Neanderthal.

All that coming from a teenage boy.

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 03:42 AM
[Inside]

"Cool! I've never seen anyone use dual axe shields before!" said Kitty.

"Wow. That thing looks like it could do some damage. What's the chain for, though? Does it... oh, don't tell me it... does that thing also turn into a chainsaw? Wow. I can't imagine how you multi-phase weapon users can keep track of it all. I'd be all 'Bang! Bang! Bzzztt! Can someone find my hand?', you know?"

"That's why it's important to get a well-made weapon," Kitty explained. "The saw part isn't running when it's in gun form, so there shouldn't be any loss of hands. And check this out." She transformed it back into a chain saw'd (http://www.deviantart.com/art/R-S-Chainsword-41952450) and showed him a closer view of the teeth. "The teeth pick up dust from the magazine, to various effects!"

She draws her own weapons, a pair of simple-looking copper tonfa. "Me, I got these things. Fit me to a T, these. A bit simple, yeah. Rather dull, even. But once I get 'em going there ain't nothing can stop 'em. But my old teacher used to say, she used to say a weapon's no good if it ain't a part of you, if it don't touch yer soul in some way. That's the important bit, ya know. If it touches your soul, a simple stick can outshine fanciest blade out there. Same with yer shields, am I right? They are part of you, and that makes them awesome. And that in turn makes you awesome."

"I can respect that," said Kitty. "Are those made of copper? Does that mean you use lightning dust?"

Well, lookie. It seems Mr. Aurum Mortemus II has snuck up behind Kitty, clad in his black silt Armani suit, covering every inch of skin in silk. He holds a black umbrella, which projects a complete shadow down to his face, hiding any facial details. His seven foot tall robotic bodyguard is behind Aurum, somehow had been stealthy as well. He speaks, his cool but unnerving voice slithering. Aw, will you look at that. Some assemblage of what looks to be a custom-made Weapon. Just looking at the superannuated firearm familiarizes me with its obviously inadequate firing apparatus. Honestly, my personal designs at Mortemus Corp regulate the languidness of this substandard firearm. But I wouldn't presuppose that a dissimilar, neoteric, and barbaric militant such as yourself would know anything about the complexities of weaponry. I recommend you travel downtown sometime and visit one of the weapon shops stationed around our municipal. Now, which one of you unseasoned acquaintances yearn to council me to the direction of the Headmaster's Office. I haven't been in the area here in several years.

By the way, My name is Mr. Mortemus, of Mortemus Corp. If you haven't heard of me, pick up a book, Neanderthal.

All that coming from a teenage boy.

Kitty grit her teeth, wanting to both snap back and run away and cry at the same time. So, for a moment, she just stood there in shock, possibly for long enough for someone else to speak up first. "My dad's firing apparatus can beat anything you can put out!" she finally retorted.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 05:04 AM
"I seem to keep on running into these situations…."
She sighed as she walked up to Kitty and Mortemus
"Hey arrogant rich and spoiled, lay off her, scat. and don't think I'm afraid of your big robot there. I can destroy that thing just like any other machine, so just to let you know- you got a problem with her, you got a problem with me."
She said as she mirrored the bodyguards position behind Kitty.
"and really…you can't just read the signs or something? or just go looking? do some work yourself for once, tuxboy."

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 05:27 AM
Clay stops suddenly and falls to the ground, it's battery drained, to reveal Cael standing behind.
Very neat machine, but next time try and keep an eye on those EMP blast users here.
Caelynn strides cooly over the robot to the gathering.
Caelynn Arkhosia. Pleasure to meet you all.
Caelynn seems to shift slightly away when she sees Kitty, with a worried look flashing momentarily across her face.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 05:48 AM
"Hey Cael. Thanks, but really, I don't think you needed to intervene, I got it all handled. I could've taken the tin-can easy. But then again are we even allowed to fight in here? Where IS the Headmaster, or any of the teachers for that matter? Did we show up early, or are they purposefully just not showing up and instead watching us or something? Its getting kind of creepy."
She crossed her arms and looked around: all students, no teachers, no headmaster. What was going on here? was this normal or some kind of test?
You never know with these combat schools...

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 06:02 AM
A large man in a casual t-shirt, lab coat, and pants trips onto the stage
Sorry for the wait everybody! Just a few more minutes. We didn't expect you guys to open the gate early!

OrchestraHc
2013-09-17, 06:22 AM
[Inside]

Kyran swaggered in behind the others knowing full well that the Headmaster wouldn't start right on time. His brothers had given him the scoop on orientation day, and the knowledge resulted in him acting smug and confident. The redheaded young man was carrying Red Branch on his shoulder due to its normal place being filled with a military-style knapsack. The weapon would be slightly obscured by its over-sized sheathe, but anyone paying attention would see a long hilt and cross-guard sticking out of what looked like a rocket-launcher.

Kyran pulled off the dark sunglasses he had been wearing and looked around at the crowd. "So 'as anyone else 'ere ever killed a Grim?" He smirked.

{{{ooc:I switched colors too.}}}

Inside

"Well, Howdy there friend," comes a voice from the side, the voice being attached to a cowboy. Yes, that kind of cowboy, with the hat, and the boots, and the spurs. He even has a pair of six-shooters on his hips. In one hand is a rolling luggage, and in the other a guitar case. "If'n y'want Grimm experiences, I'm your man. Y'ever try to move fifty head'a cattle with a sixty foot rattler on your ass? Not the funnest way to spend a cattle drive, but a fond summer memory." The cowboy nods wisely. "Folks call me Quick. Dollars Quick."

Socratov
2013-09-17, 06:36 AM
In the crowd

Robin moves to a quiet spot near the robot while everyone is either arguing over the poiled brat or walking through the gate. Robin activates his aura to camouflage his postition by laying an illusion ove rhis postion, he doesn't want anyone to see what he does next.

Wow, it seems the more surface circuits blew out quite a bit, though the inner chips are still working. Must have been either a small blast or this bad boy has a serious shock cage.

Robin tries to commit the robot's inner topology to memory

Ah ,there it is, some static protection. The mesh seems to be damaged though. So the blast was quite strong even though it didn't spread out that much.

Robing mingles in between the crowd again, dispelling the illusion after checking if everything is as it was.

Time for some ruckus

Hey! You there, little guy! Mortimer was it? It seems your doll over there has gone to study the ground in detail. Hahaha! I guess that means it's back to the drawing board with ya.

Robin grins. No sense in revealing what I know yet

I hope I haven't intruded too much, it jsut seemed to me that staright frying someone's toy's circuits was harsh, but making it appear undamaged wasa bit stupid as well. I hope I have sturck a decent middleground...

AnimeKid
2013-09-17, 06:53 AM
Inside-The Confrontation

Alexandra found her way to the assembly room and planted herself there to wait. As more and more people started flowing in she started to look nervous. Her mother had said to make some friends, but she wasn't exactly how to go about that. Eventually something did pop up that she knew very well, a showdown. Walking over and making herself know she towers over the group as she says, "What's going on here? If there is a problem then please take it outside. Other people will get caught in the crossfire if something happens."

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 07:53 AM
Main Hallway

Korwil is still inside, blissfully unaware of the commotion outside. Instead, he sets his travel pack aside, and sits cross-legged with flashfreeze in his lap. Next, he goes into a meditative state, letting his Aura flow and in turn, becoming more aware of his surroundings. This will make it difficult to sneak up on him by any means.
His Aura is a patchy mixture of both blue and white, flaring violently and trying to break free in full force. Traise alone knows what would result if he let that happen. So, while physically relaxed, he's mentally at war. Yes, he's still listening to those around him, and is choosing to ignore them for now.

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 08:43 AM
Inside-The Confrontation

Alexandra found her way to the assembly room and planted herself there to wait. As more and more people started flowing in she started to look nervous. Her mother had said to make some friends, but she wasn't exactly how to go about that. Eventually something did pop up that she knew very well, a showdown. Walking over and making herself know she towers over the group as she says, "What's going on here? If there is a problem then please take it outside. Other people will get caught in the crossfire if something happens."

"It's nothin' much. Just some blowhard jackass mistaking big words for smarts and coin for class. Not worth worryin' about, 'specially with his toy broke and all." She looks around, curiously. "Still ain't nobody around after all this? If I didn't know better I'd think this was the wrong day or somethin'. I mean, I know first years start a week earlier than the rest of the students, but there should be teachers, yeah?"

Her eyes narrow. "Unless it's a test. Watch us wander around this maze, all lost and aimless, right, and see how we react? Maybe get a taste of what kind a clay they have to work with this year? Who gets along with who, yeah, and who's like to start trouble and who's like to fix it? Dang, I wish I could think of somethin' like that..."

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 09:39 AM
[Inside]
Rebecca sniffles some more and says, "I don't trust myself enough to use anything with Dust. One sneeze and BAM! Y'know?" Rebecca doesn't really say anything as the robot and his master do things and have things done to them.

Astral Avenger
2013-09-17, 09:51 AM
Having followed the crowd inside, Craig immediately became claustrophobic in the tighter crowd, and began seeking escape. Having found the main hallway, he began climbing: Gah, get a grip on yourself Craig, its just people.
Having reached the top of the hallway, Craig jammed his spear point into a small crack and the butt into another. After testing that it is secure, he shifts so that he is half sitting, half crouching on the spear and wall.
Ok Craig, don't panic, it's nice and open here.
After the panic attack he felt was coming subsided, Craig looks down and notices somebody with spiky blue hair sitting in the hallway.
Craig calls out: The crowd a bit much for you too?

OOC: What is the unit of currency in this world? (primarily curious for expressions like "I'll bet you a unit of currency that...")

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 10:15 AM
OOC: What is the unit of currency in this world? (primarily curious for expressions like "I'll bet you a unit of currency that...")

(Based on the first episode, the currency is Lien.
Shopkeeper: Take my Lien, just don't hurt me!
Torchwick: Easy. Easy. We're not after your money. Grab the Dust.)

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 10:23 AM
Craig & Korwil ~ Main Hallway

Korwil releases himself from the State, turning to face Craig. I don't mind crowds, I'm just not used to them. And I needed to collect my thoughts. My name Korwil Traise, remind me of your name please. At this point he stands, grabbing his revolver and placing at his hip holster

Astral Avenger
2013-09-17, 11:33 AM

Korwil releases himself from the State, turning to face Craig. I don't mind crowds, I'm just not used to them. And I needed to collect my thoughts. My name Korwil Traise, remind me of your name please. At this point he stands, grabbing his revolver and placing at his hip holster
Craig kicks his spear free from the wall, grabs it and drops down in front of Korwil. Straightening up and extending his hand, Hi Korwil, I'm Craig. That gun turn into anything fancy or does it just shoot? My spear here turns into a high powered rifle that my brother says ought to be able to put an ursa down in one shot from half a mile, but really, when do you ever see 'em from half a mile away? Craig momentarily shifts his spear into rifle mode and back as he says that.

GrandDM
2013-09-17, 12:15 PM
[The Confrontation]

A voice threads its way through the group:

"Indeed there are teachers, and be assured that, while most can be evaded, you cannot escape my gaze. I see all that goes on here. Aurum, I warn you now that your current behaviour must change. It will not be tolerated.

Good luck to you all. I will be seeing you shortly."

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 12:39 PM
[The Confrontation]

A voice threads its way through the group:

"Indeed there are teachers, and be assured that, while most can be evaded, you cannot escape my gaze. I see all that goes on here. Aurum, I warn you now that your current behaviour must change. It will not be tolerated.

Good luck to you all. I will be seeing you shortly."

"Well, that wasn't creepy."

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 12:41 PM

Korwil shrugs, shaking Craig's hand. You throw too much information out at once. Slow down, take your time. Save your energy for The Hunt. The Fight.
To answer your question, Flashfreeze does not transform. It does pack a punch though.
Take care Craig, think well, fight better. You have an impressive weapon.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 12:45 PM
Clay stops suddenly and falls to the ground, it's battery drained, to reveal Cael standing behind.
Very neat machine, but next time try and keep an eye on those EMP blast users here.
Caelynn strides cooly over the robot to the gathering.
Caelynn Arkhosia. Pleasure to meet you all.
Caelynn seems to shift slightly away when she sees Kitty, with a worried look flashing momentarily across her face.

"Hey arrogant rich and spoiled, lay off her, scat. and don't think I'm afraid of your big robot there. I can destroy that thing just like any other machine, so just to let you know- you got a problem with her, you got a problem with me."
"and really…you can't just read the signs or something? or just go looking? do some work yourself for once, tuxboy."

In the crowd

Robin moves to a quiet spot near the robot while everyone is either arguing over the poiled brat or walking through the gate. Robin activates his aura to camouflage his postition by laying an illusion ove rhis postion, he doesn't want anyone to see what he does next.

Wow, it seems the more surface circuits blew out quite a bit, though the inner chips are still working. Must have been either a small blast or this bad boy has a serious shock cage.

Robin tries to commit the robot's inner topology to memory

Ah ,there it is, some static protection. The mesh seems to be damaged though. So the blast was quite strong even though it didn't spread out that much.

Robing mingles in between the crowd again, dispelling the illusion after checking if everything is as it was.

Time for some ruckus

Hey! You there, little guy! Mortimer was it? It seems your doll over there has gone to study the ground in detail. Hahaha! I guess that means it's back to the drawing board with ya.

Robin grins. No sense in revealing what I know yet

I hope I haven't intruded too much, it jsut seemed to me that staright frying someone's toy's circuits was harsh, but making it appear undamaged wasa bit stupid as well. I hope I have sturck a decent middleground...

Don't worry, I'm rather experienced. What Arkhosia did was godmodding, but it doesn't actually even work anyway. For, while the EMP blast is powerful and would certainly put out most electronics... It seems Clay does not run on a battery at all, but instead by some odd technology. He must be some form of special robot. After all, he was Mortemus' bodyguard. Had to survive simple hacker-type attacks and such. But, Clay notices the attempt, and turns around, and will simply try to punch Ceal straight in the face, the two ton machine moving with surprising grace and speed, like a dancer. So, Cael will probably be punched back quite a long distance, probably with several broken bones. Nothing fatal, though. Aurum chuckles just a little bit. Aah... The consequences of inexperience. See, children, that is why you do not ever strike first. You defend. Did you really think the owner of the corporation that invented the robot would have their later models rely on something as easily used up and damaged like a battery. My machine's are perfection, like everything my company creates. Sorry for your face, though. It's an improvement I'm sure. Attack me, or my property, Clay, again, and I will sue you. He doesn't gloat. He just speaks matter-of-fact, though he is a bit bored and slightly annoyed. What a bunch of baboons. And yes, female. My company produces real weapons of mass destruction. Not an old saw your daddy put together to impress women and get laid.

Oh, a teacher. Aurum turns to face said teacher, his face not wavering at all. Ah, there you are. Finally a professor. Your students here have been causing nothing but trouble, in fact, I was just attacked by one of them. Now, My name is Aurum Mortemus, of Mortemus Corporation. I have a meeting with the headmaster about providing obstacles and challenges for the students that can only be granted by a company that specializes in such things. Take me to the headmaster now. Come on Clay, leave the boy to fix his face in peace. Clay follows Aurum, silently.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 01:35 PM
Don't worry, I'm rather experienced. What Arkhosia did was godmodding, but it doesn't actually even work anyway. For, while the EMP blast is powerful and would certainly put out most electronics... It seems Clay does not run on a battery at all, but instead by some odd technology. He must be some form of special robot. After all, he was Mortemus' bodyguard. Had to survive simple hacker-type attacks and such. But, Clay notices the attempt, and turns around, and will simply try to punch Ceal straight in the face, the two ton machine moving with surprising grace and speed, like a dancer. So, Cael will probably be punched back quite a long distance, probably with several broken bones. Nothing fatal, though. Aurum chuckles just a little bit. Aah... The consequences of inexperience. See, children, that is why you do not ever strike first. You defend. Did you really think the owner of the corporation that invented the robot would have their later models rely on something as easily used up and damaged like a battery. My machine's are perfection, like everything my company creates. Sorry for your face, though. It's an improvement I'm sure. Attack me, or my property, Clay, again, and I will sue you. He doesn't gloat. He just speaks matter-of-fact, though he is a bit bored and slightly annoyed. What a bunch of baboons. And yes, female. My company produces real weapons of mass destruction. Not an old saw your daddy put together to impress women and get laid.

Oh, a teacher. Aurum turns to face said teacher, his face not wavering at all. Ah, there you are. Finally a professor. Your students here have been causing nothing but trouble, in fact, I was just attacked by one of them. Now, My name is Aurum Mortemus, of Mortemus Corporation. I have a meeting with the headmaster about providing obstacles and challenges for the students that can only be granted by a company that specializes in such things. Take me to the headmaster now. Come on Clay, leave the boy to fix his face in peace. Clay follows Aurum, silently.
Caelynn wipes blood off of her face and fixes her hat
I'M A GIRL, JACKASS!
((OOC: Oops. Sorry! Maybe a delayed reaction to trick attacker?
Also, I don't mean to disable the robot permanently, as you guys assumed. Just the same as knocking someone unconscious.))

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 01:44 PM
Caelynn wipes blood off of her face and fixes her hat
I'M A GIRL, JACKASS!
((OOC: Oops. Sorry! Maybe a delayed reaction to trick attacker?))

Kaden rushes over to check on Cael. "You okay? You can get in trouble if you do that sorta stuff, believe me. Do you need a hand getting to the nurse's office? Do we know where- Do you need a hand finding the nurse's office?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 01:48 PM
Kaden rushes over to check on Cael. "You okay? You can get in trouble if you do that sorta stuff, believe me. Do you need a hand getting to the nurse's office? Do we know where- Do you need a hand finding the nurse's office?"

Cael gets up unsteadily.
I'm fine. Just a bit of...
Cael winces Bruises. Yeah, definitely not doing that again.OOC: :smallwink:

GrandDM
2013-09-17, 01:48 PM

There's nobody there, at least not at first. A moment after this little speech, a figure soars into the air from somewhere on the other side of the school, flies over and lands about a foot from Aurum, smashing the ground under his feet. He's about eight feet tall, with blank white eyes that suggest blindness, but an alertness that says otherwise. There's a slight glow in those eyes. He fixes Aurum with a truly terrifying glare.

"I warned you. Enjoy your week of detention. Every time you act like this again, the number of detentions you have left to serve will double. You are no better than anyone else here, merely different. You were lucky enough to be born into money, but that counts for nothing here. I suggest you alter your manner radically, and soon, or you will find life here very difficult.

Now, you will wait here with the others until we are ready to admit you, but first you'll apologise. Then I will return to my duties, and you will keep a sharp rein on your acidic tongue, unless you wish to find yourself even deeper in trouble."

He passes a hand over Cael's injuries, and his aura reaches out to heal them.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 01:59 PM
Leave the bruises. I kinda deserve them.

GrandDM
2013-09-17, 02:00 PM
"If you insist."

He lowers his hand.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 02:30 PM
A loud cracking sound is heard over the audiotorium, and a large spark lights up the room. The Shade Characters* fall silent.
Turath stands in the stage, Chemical Rifle in hand pointed upwards.
Silence! We have been observing you all, and we have decided your teams through what has happened. The teams are...
*TM
((OOC: Just announce teams via teachers.))

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 02:45 PM
"Ok, speak of the devil, headmaster I presume? or just a teacher? do you know whats going on or….what? Do we just have to wait, or…"
She trailed off and focused on Caelynn
"Yeah, Cael, protip: NEVER attack a jerk who isn't doing anything. That only allows them to plead self-defense. Learned that in middle school the hard way."
In her head she noted the movements and reaction time on that robot. Ok maybe it would be a little harder than she thought to take on that tin-can, but she was a tank in the middle of a bunch of graceful acrobats, there was ways around the speed and mobility difference.

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 02:45 PM

Kitty glanced behind her in surprise as the girl with the armor and giant drill lance stepped up to defend her. "Um, th-thanks," she said.

And here, Kitty BSOD'd. She didn't notice much of what happened after that, too absorbed in shock and rage to notice much else. After a moment, she came to her senses, and noticed that she'd been throttling up Heaven's Maw. She relaxed her grip, turning it off, and noticed Cael injured. She rused over to her.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

A loud cracking sound is heard over the audiotorium, and a large spark lights up the room. The Shade Characters* fall silent.
Turath stands in the stage, Chemical Rifle in hand pointed upwards.
Silence! We have been observing you all, and we have decided your teams through what has happened. The teams are...
*TM
((OOC: Just announce teams via teachers.))

((OOC: Wait, are we doing this already?))

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 02:53 PM
Thanks, I'm good. Sorry for my hesitation earlier... I'm a bit Canophobic. For reasons you could probably guess... Sorry about hiding it from a fellow Faunus.

Astral Avenger
2013-09-17, 03:14 PM

Korwil shrugs, shaking Craig's hand. You throw too much information out at once. Slow down, take your time. Save your energy for The Hunt. The Fight.
To answer your question, Flashfreeze does not transform. It does pack a punch though.
Take care Craig, think well, fight better. You have an impressive weapon.

Right, sorry, I get antsy when my claustrophobia kicks in. You have any idea where a drinking fountain is?

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 03:15 PM
Kitty glanced behind her in surprise as the girl with the armor and giant drill lance stepped up to defend her. "Um, th-thanks," she said.

"No prob, I was just evening the playing field. Couldn't leave a cutie like you staring down two against one now could I?"

(OOC: yeah this doesn't seem very well thought out)

Oswald suddenly comes in
"What is the MEANING of this, Turath!? The teams aren't chosen yet!"
His voice boomed throughout the room.
"As teacher of combat, I will NOT allow these students to form teams, still UNTESTED! Honestly Turath, what was gotten into you!? I say we follow TRADITION! Let them be tested with….THE TRIALS!"
Oswald hated it when the Head-M didn't show up like this. it always caused incidents like this.

AnimeKid
2013-09-17, 03:21 PM
Thanks, I'm good. Sorry for my hesitation earlier... I'm a bit Canophobic. For reasons you could probably guess... Sorry about hiding it from a fellow Faunus.

Alexandra had also went to check on the girl who had been punched across the room, her face worried. She got there just after Kitty in time to hear that the girl was fine. She looked relieved as he says, "Phew, at the very least it doesn't look like you have any broken bones....Wait your Fauna? Both of you?" She looks intently at Kitty's ears as she says this?

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 03:21 PM
I know, it was the best way I could figure to get everyone's attention.

Shyftir
2013-09-17, 03:22 PM
Inside

"Folks call me Quick. Dollars Quick."

"Nioce t' meet yer, Quick. Names' Kyran but me lads call me Mac." The red-haired young man stuck out a hand to shake. "Me family lives outside de city. Murdered me first Ursa at twelve wi' me dad's rifle."

There is a moment of awkward pause before Kyran continues. "So yer a two-gun man, eh?" He gestures to Dollar's weapons. "More ov a one big blast guy meself."

Socratov
2013-09-17, 03:23 PM
Hallway

After escaping the ruckus of a robot throwing down Robin rounds a corner seeing 2 people talk.

Ok, mental note, don't mess with robot. Hurts like hell, poor girl... Also, bring something heavier to reach core to shut down...

Right, sorry, I get antsy when my claustrophobia kicks in. You have any idea where a drinking fountain is?

I can make you one if you want

Robin grins

Only, it won't work as intended...

I believe I have allready introduced me earlier, with my... Eh... Little quip, so who might you two be?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 03:24 PM
There's nobody there, at least not at first. A moment after this little speech, a figure soars into the air from somewhere on the other side of the school, flies over and lands about a foot from Aurum, smashing the ground under his feet. He's about eight feet tall, with blank white eyes that suggest blindness, but an alertness that says otherwise. There's a slight glow in those eyes. He fixes Aurum with a truly terrifying glare.

"I warned you. Enjoy your week of detention. Every time you act like this again, the number of detentions you have left to serve will double. You are no better than anyone else here, merely different. You were lucky enough to be born into money, but that counts for nothing here. I suggest you alter your manner radically, and soon, or you will find life here very difficult.

Now, you will wait here with the others until we are ready to admit you, but first you'll apologise. Then I will return to my duties, and you will keep a sharp rein on your acidic tongue, unless you wish to find yourself even deeper in trouble." He passes a hand over Cael's injuries, and his aura reaches out to heal them.

Aurum is not impressed. In fact, he's a little it disappointed. The boy was a genius, but such intelligence was lonely. He was starting to grow tired of idiotic, brutish, hormonal teenagers. Now this bumbling idiot was taking him for one of the students! He just sighs, and glances at the eight foot thing break the floor. Your pet just shattered the ground. How... Pointlessly complicated. How do you plan on paying for that? Aaah... nevermind. Professor, I am no pettifogging tomfool of a student. I'm here on official business, and your swarms of new students are bombarding me with slathers of superciliousness! Regulate your progeny of novices. Honestly, I anticipated the students here would have some form of veneration for someone who'll be sponsoring this place. And why are you bothering me? That horrid little girl struck my praetorian down. Not the other way around. I'm the victim of this aggression!

And here, Kitty BSOD'd. She didn't notice much of what happened after that, too absorbed in shock and rage to notice much else. After a moment, she came to her senses, and noticed that she'd been throttling up Heaven's Maw. She relaxed her grip, turning it off, and noticed Cael injured. She rused over to her.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

He seems to absolutely ignore everyone else before speaking. Now, teacher. Take me to the Headmaster. He then moves to insert... a headset? Yup. Mircophone and ear muffles. He inserts the end into Clay. That's all he does. Odd.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 04:22 PM
Best of luck in the trials Kitty. Hopefully, we'll be allied.

OrchestraHc
2013-09-17, 04:22 PM
Inside

"Nioce t' meet yer, Quick. Names' Kyran but me lads call me Mac." The red-haired young man stuck out a hand to shake. "Me family lives outside de city. Murdered me first Ursa at twelve wi' me dad's rifle."

There is a moment of awkward pause before Kyran continues. "So yer a two-gun man, eh?" He gestures to Dollar's weapons. "More ov a one big blast guy meself."

"On your own? Shee-yoot! Even I had my brothers and pa with me." Shifting his weight to one leg, Quick lifts his other ankle and sets the guitar case on his foot before accepting the handshake. "Pleasure to met'cha Mac. As for the guns, big blasts are great, but these fellas are versatile and they got plenty a punch." He pulls one out pointing it at the sky, revealing a spiked metal ball the size of a tennis ball at the end of the muzzle.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 04:33 PM

Mr. Mortemus begins to now look over the crowd, hunting for anyone who looked like they could possibly be useful. Weakling... Hick, no. That one looks decent... Clay, prepare to access the robotic Grimm. We'll busing those to test the recruits. And... Prepare Code System 163. Program... start. Clay just nods and begins to do... something. He seems to just go into a kind of snoozing state.

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 04:35 PM
Traise doesn't get claustrophobic...but right now.
Everyone shut the **** up! Calm down and listen to the teachers! Let's get this straight.
Korwil is:

Loud
23 years old
Able to make himself heard from across the forest
Loud
Possessing an aura that can be tangibly felt when close by
Flaring said Aura
Pissed

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 04:54 PM
Traise doesn't get claustrophobic...but right now.
Everyone shut the **** up! Calm down and listen to the teachers! Let's get this straight.
Korwil is:

Loud
23 years old
Able to make himself heard from across the forest
Loud
Possessing an aura that can be tangibly felt when close by
Flaring said Aura
Pissed

Well. Seeing as GrandDM is away, and time is of the essence, Aurum doesn't wait for any sort of response. Instead he just moves close to the stage. Clay reactivates after five seconds, and moves to his creator. Clay will reach his hand down, which Aurum steps on. Aurum is then lifted to the stage, where he steps onto the wooden floor. His designer clothing and expensive shoes clack on the floor. The lack umbrella still covers his face though. He has the headphones on, with the microphone. As such, Aurum begins speaking. He's using a smaller vocabulary so as not to confuse the teenagers.

Hmm... Well, greetings. My name is Aurum Mortemus, of Mortemus Corp. We are a robotics and weapons manufacturing company, I'm sure you've heard of us, some of your parents probably even work for me. My friends, during one of the trials you will be battling against several creatures. I am not to inform you of anything but the creatures. You will be up against mechanical Grimm, built by Mortemus corp. But these creatures are designed to kill. To rip. To shred. So, I hope you have prepared yourselves... The trials will be watched. We have installed camera's for the teachers and I to watch over. They will show no mercy. Neither should you. Now, back to your teachers... He slinks backwards, turning his headphones up now. It appears he's listening to... Huh. Odd taste for a genius billionaire. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-tOw_n4wA4)

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 05:07 PM
"YES! The TRIALS! Since no one seems to be explaining them, I, OSWALD BLASTENHEIM THE THIRD, will DO SO.

First of all, they will take place ONE DAY from now. You have probably just come from a long journey here, and we want to see you at the best of your abilities.

You will go in, as various students, separate and scattered….but you will come out as united teams and partners, as COMRADES! Your teamwork shall be FORGED in the flames of BATTLE and PERIL.

You will either STAND UNITED…..or you will FALL ALONE."
His voiced roared over all others. You felt the ground quake a little.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 05:11 PM
"YES! The TRIALS! Since no one seems to be explaining them, I, OSWALD BLASTENHEIM THE THIRD, will DO SO.

First of all, they will take place ONE DAY from now. You have probably just come from a long journey here, and we want to see you at the best of your abilities.

You will go in, as various students, separate and scattered….but you will come out as united teams and partners, as COMRADES! Your teamwork shall be FORGED in the flames of BATTLE and PERIL.

His voiced roared over all others. You felt the ground quake a little.

Aurum is instantly bothered by the shouting. His muscles tense and the teen turns up the music, so as to not hear the loudmouth shouting. Too much bloody sugar for that one. He does look over the students, and in his mind he looks for a Faunus. He had a special plan for a Faunus...

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 05:13 PM
Caelynn bows to Alexandra, removing her hat and revealing her cat ears
Yep.
(After speech)
This'll be fun... Just hope my enemy's not a Beowolf... Caelynn actually has a slight respect for Aurum now: he can actually support his mechanical claims. A Very Slight Respect.

Best of luck Kitty. You'll be the first I'll search for out there.

AnimeKid
2013-09-17, 05:29 PM
Yep.
(After speech)
This'll be fun... Just hope my enemy's not a Beowolf... Caelynn actually has a slight respect for Aurum now: he can actually support his mechanical claims. A Very Slight Respect.

Alexandra looks at the two Fauna with wide eyes. She was still listening but she figured that there would be combat trails when she got here. She wasn't exactly worried. "Wow, I've seen or met Fauna before. Pleased to meet you. I am Alexandra Rosenkranz. Ummm, can I...touch both of your ears? Pleeeaaaassssseee?" Her odd question is accompanied by a wide and bright eyed look. It is rather like the look of an innocent child. There is something else inth ose eyes though. The look of a young girl who has spotted something unbelievably cute.

Partysan
2013-09-17, 05:30 PM
Having stood back in the croud, waiting maybe for an opportunity to enter the conversation with one of the nicer students, Chester is growing increasingly impatient with the constant bickering. He really, really had hoped to get away from constant hassle by entering Sanctum, but it seemed -

"Hey..."

Hmm... Well, greetings. My name is Aurum Mortemus, of Mortemus Corp. We are a robotics and weapons manufacturing company, I'm sure you've heard of us, some of your parents probably even work for me. My friends, during one of the trials you will be battling against several creatures. I am not to inform you of anything but the creatures. You will be up against mechanical Grimm, built by Mortemus corp. But these creatures are designed to kill. To rip. To shred. So, I hope you have prepared yourselves... The trials will be watched. We have installed camera's for the teachers and I to watch over. They will show no mercy. Neither should you. Now, back to your teachers...
"Isn't..."

"WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP SHOUTING AT MY FACE! Sorry. Didn't mean to join in. But seriously, what is it with you people? Shouting, then an ad pause, then more shouting? I really thought I might have a nice time here, y'know?"

Chester looks around, becoming uncomfortably aware of the eyes now on him, standing at the edge of the croud not far from the gate. He isn't actually unpleasant to look at, standing tall and trained with a cairless but not unfashionable haircut and an outfit of dark violet cloth and dark brown leather which looks expensive, but obviously hasn't been looked after all that well.
He begins to lower his head a bit, scratching his wrist where the bracer seems to be rubbing against it and for a moment touching the hilt of the stiletto bound to it. This seems to calm him again and he speaks up once more, trying to remedy the situation.

"Look, the teacher guy isn't all that wrong, travel and stress and all. But can we please not start out by shouting at each other until nightfall? I'd much rather have dinner. Anyone?"

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 05:34 PM
Korwil claps enthusiastically. Not that he really cared about the speech, he had just heard that it was what you we're supposed to do. So he claps, even if nobody else does.
He does so for both Mortemus and Oswald before raising a question. Professor, where are we sleeping tonight?
Then Chester has his say, to which Traise agrees wholeheartedly.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 05:35 PM
Alexandra looks at the two Fauna with wide eyes. She was still listening but she figured that there would be combat trails when she got here. She wasn't exactly worried. "Wow, I've seen or met Fauna before. Pleased to meet you. I am Alexandra Rosenkranz. Ummm, can I...touch both of your ears? Pleeeaaaassssseee?" Her odd question is accompanied by a wide and bright eyed look. It is rather like the look of an innocent child. There is something else inth ose eyes though. The look of a young girl who has spotted something unbelievably cute.

I guess so. It's not like you're gonna pull on them or anything...
@Partysan: Seconded.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 05:37 PM
Aurum frowns a little at this male shouting out. He watches passively, turning down the music to address this boy. He memorizes what the boy looks like, and places a mental note to remember him. This would be interesting....

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 05:45 PM
"Shouting what are you talking about? This is my INDOOR VOICE. As for sleeping, I guess you can be randomly assigned dorms or whatever and change them when you have ACTUAL TEAMS after THE TRIALS, I'm sure you can handle the minor inconvenience of switching rooms after fighting for your comrades life."
He then cheerily begins to walk away happily.

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 05:59 PM
Well, that's interesting...
Korwil wanders off to find an empty room, preferably with a bed.

Korwil's Current Dorm

How exciting! He found an actual room! It's a four-man dorm with two bunk beds. As he arrived there first, he takes top bunk. :smalltongue:

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 06:00 PM
"So there's gonna be fights tomorrow, and it'll be against super-mega-mecha-Grimm?" Kaden asks those around her on the walk towards the dorms. She is silent for a moment, then punches of the air excitedly. "YES! This is gonna be frickin' sweet!"

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 06:00 PM
Rebecca notices Caelynn's ears. "Oh! You're a cat..." she laughs nervously, before breaking into another sneezing fit. "I need to lie down. Cobe od, Kitty, let's try to get the sabe roob." Rebecca's going to need some stronger medication.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 06:03 PM
Rebecca notices Caelynn's ears. "Oh! You're a cat..." she laughs nervously, before breaking into another sneezing fit. "Cobe od. Let's try to get the sabe roob, Kitty. I need to lie down." Rebecca's going to need some stronger medication.

Let's all try. You guys seem to be the best people I've ever met! Granted, most of my other acquaintances were from the seedier parts of town,my mom was one of those no-nonsense people, and my father abandoned me... But still! You guys are awesome.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 06:09 PM
Rebecca blows her nose before weakly saying, "Caelynn, I'm not sure I should sleep near you... I mean, I'm allergic to cats and..." As if to illustrate her point, she sneezes again.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 06:12 PM
Rebecca blows her nose before weakly saying, "Caelynn, I'm not sure I should sleep near you... I mean, I'm allergic to cats and..." As if to illustrate her point, she sneezes again.

Good point. Next door down then.
Strides off to Kedra
Hey Kedra! Want to share a dorm?

AnimeKid
2013-09-17, 06:13 PM
Let's all try. You guys seem to be the best people I've ever met! Granted, most of my other acquaintances were from the seedier parts of town,my mom was one of those no-nonsense people, and my father abandoned me... But still! You guys are awesome.

I guess so. It's not like you're gonna pull on them or anything...
@Partysan: Seconded.

Alexandra gently rubs Caelynn's ears resiting the urge to squeal and coo at her. Caelynn would be able to note despite her size Alexandra had a light and pleasant toch She looks at the three girls as she says,"Can I come? I've never hung out with girls my ownage before."

EDIT:Just a slight one to note that Kitty's ears are getting the same treatment. Can put it in a new post if that makes it easier.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 06:15 PM
Sure! By the way, do any of you have an extra bow? I want to conceal my ears in a way that doesn't require a hat.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 06:16 PM
"Shouting what are you talking about? This is my INDOOR VOICE. As for sleeping, I guess you can be randomly assigned dorms or whatever and change them when you have ACTUAL TEAMS after THE TRIALS, I'm sure you can handle the minor inconvenience of switching rooms after fighting for your comrades life."
He then cheerily begins to walk away happily.

Aurum moves to the teacher and speaks to him.

Sir... Where is the Headmaster? I have a meet with him. And shall the rest of the teachers meet? I have to inform them of the challenges I will present.

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 06:19 PM

"It's okay," Kitty reassured her.

"No prob, I was just evening the playing field. Couldn't leave a cutie like you staring down two against one now could I?"

C-Cutie?! Kitty thought, surprised. She blushed slightly at that. "Um, th-thanks," she said. Didn't she just say that?

Alexandra had also went to check on the girl who had been punched across the room, her face worried. She got there just after Kitty in time to hear that the girl was fine. She looked relieved as he says, "Phew, at the very least it doesn't look like you have any broken bones....Wait your Fauna? Both of you?" She looks intently at Kitty's ears as she says this?

"Me too!" said Kitty. "And yep! I'm a faunus."

Yep.
(After speech)

"You too!"

"Um, sure," Kitty agreed, minorly confused.

Rebecca notices Caelynn's ears. "Oh! You're a cat..." she laughs nervously, before breaking into another sneezing fit. "I need to lie down. Cobe od, Kitty, let's try to get the sabe roob." Rebecca's going to need some stronger medication.

"Sounds great!" Kitty agreed.

"Ummm ... I'm a fox," Kitty pointed out, suddenly feeling very awkward. "Are you allergic to me too?"

AnimeKid
2013-09-17, 06:33 PM
"It's okay," Kitty reassured her.

"Me too!" said Kitty. "And yep! I'm a faunus."

"Um, sure," Kitty agreed, minorly confused.

Having gotten permission Alexandra's other hand reaches out with the same light and pleasant touch that she was using for Cael's ears to gently rub Kitty's. She has a bright smile on her face as she does so, looking back and forth between the two. "Oh, you both are just too cute. I almost want to take you home!"

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 06:37 PM
Rebecca gets a nervous look on her face before saying, "Uh, I don't know? I mean, I never really interacted with foxes back home. I really hope not!"

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 06:44 PM
Having gotten permission Alexandra's other hand reaches out with the same light and pleasant touch that she was using for Cael's ears to gently rub Kitty's. She has a bright smile on her face as she does so, looking back and forth between the two. "Oh, you both are just too cute. I almost want to take you home!"

"....Aren't we technically home now?" Kitty asked.

Rebecca gets a nervous look on her face before saying, "Uh, I don't know? I mean, I never really interacted with foxes back home. I really hope not!"

"Well ... guess we'll find out, then?" Kitty said nervously.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 06:54 PM
Rebecca gives another nervous laugh, before saying, "Heh, I guess we will." she heads towards the dorms.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 06:57 PM
As long as you're not allergic to dogs, you're good.

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 06:58 PM
For her part, Kaden goes looking for an empty dorm room. Teams, friends, all that will come in good time. Or won't. Either way, that wasn't what dominated her imagination. It was the promise of good fights that really held her. "The snake's providing tomorrow's opponents, eh?" She muses as she checks doors for an empty room. "Should be fun, if his pet is any indication. That thing hit like a truck! Maybe the mecha-grimm will be even stronger! Oh, I am so jazzed about this!"

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 07:09 PM
"Heh, you and me both. I can't wait to smash some mechanical face after that smug tuxboy and robutler was a jerk to Kitty and punched Cael. and Bonus: they are the machines of his company. He will watch as we tear apart all his fancy toys, heheheh."
Kedra said as she punched his fist into her palm.

5a Violista
2013-09-17, 07:10 PM
The City of Meadow
On a Street

A common sight around this time of day, on this day of the week, is an armed caravan delivering new supplies of Dust and Crystals to the merchants. In fact, that's what's happening at this moment: a string of three carts, guarded by some robots and other people.

Suddenly, a group of ten armed thugs descend on the caravans. Firing starts, and a large, hulking man walks calmly up to the caravan as the battle rages around him.

It's a heist. If they're successful, the prices of Dust may have to rise once again. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 07:14 PM
Rebecca back tracks. "Heh, so let's just say, hypothetically speaking, that I was allergic to dogs. How likely would it be that foxes make me sneeze?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 07:23 PM
Rebecca back tracks. "Heh, so let's just say, hypothetically speaking, that I was allergic to dogs. How likely would it be that foxes make me sneeze?"

Probably a 30-50% chance.
Cael runs up to Kedra and Kaden
Hey guys! Can we share a dorm?

Leliel
2013-09-17, 07:26 PM
The City of Meadow
On a Street

A common sight around this time of day, on this day of the week, is an armed caravan delivering new supplies of Dust and Crystals to the merchants. In fact, that's what's happening at this moment: a string of three carts, guarded by some robots and other people.

Suddenly, a group of ten armed thugs descend on the caravans. Firing starts, and a large, hulking man walks calmly up to the caravan as the battle rages around him.

It's a heist. If they're successful, the prices of Dust may have to rise once again. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Thankfully, a certain ex-underworld Hunter student heard about this long, long in advance. They weren't the most subtle thugs, and really, this particular crop didn't seem to realize there was such a thing as "good guys with ears to underworld." Or "petty thief friends".

"HUZZZAH!"

One of the 'horses' suddenly delivers a roundhouse kick with an elephant's foot to the passing leader, directly to his face. It then jumps directly in the air and performs a somersault with the mistakable flash of Aura energy, a youth wearing the lacy tuxedo of a stage magician and a top hat lands, the harness falling to the ground around him.

Evildoers, it is a truly momentous day for you. While the inevitable triumph of justice over crime is inevitable, you will have the privilege, nay, the gift, of said invitation being...

There was a dramatic cape swish,

"The First Victory Of AMANDUS THE GREAT, MASTER OF TRANSFORMATION!"

The thugs looked at him in disbelief.

Then, one-by-one, they fell to the floor as the laughter grew too strong to resist.

"What!? Oh, come on! I worked really hard on this too! Come on, give the newbie a little slack, would ya!"

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 07:34 PM
Probably a 30-50% chance.
Cael runs up to Kedra and Kaden
Hey guys! Can we share a dorm?

"Sure, why not, as long as….who is this again? I don't know her name, but I like the cut of her jib."
She pointed at Kaden.

5a Violista
2013-09-17, 07:38 PM
Meadow
On a Street

The roundhouse kick smashes the leader in the face, and knocks him over...into a back handspring. He lands on his feet, and roars at the minions. "Hey! Shut up, idiots! Just get the dust and go. I'll take care of this joker."

The regular bandits get up in fright from their leader, and mutter as they go to get the dust.

Time for a description of the leader: Besides being large and muscular, he has dark skin and short, black hair. He has a spiderweb of scars on his face, and he's wearing a red cape with a rose design on it.

He pulls a whip from his belt. "Let's see if you're as 'Great' as you say you are."

((OoC note: Treat the regular bandits as NPCs, the leader as my character))

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 08:24 PM
"Sure, why not, as long as….who is this again? I don't know her name, but I like the cut of her jib."
She pointed at Kaden.

I think it's Kaiden. You have an extra bow I can borrow? Top hats are too knock-offable for hiding my ears.

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 08:26 PM
She pointed at Kaden.

"Name's Kaden, Kaden Zei. 'N' what can I say? Not one to go looking for a party, but I never turn down an invitation. I'll take the hammock."

Someone comments on how the rooms don't have hammocks. Kaden lovingly taps her tonfa with a grin. "There will be."

Leliel
2013-09-17, 08:27 PM
"Then, TO BATTLE!"

And he disappears.

Well, okay, he turns into a cockroach (embarrassing, but less chance of being dead), and uses the momentary confusion to zip behind the leader, turn back to normal, and suddenly release a hail of darts from his sleeves (and the metal harness under them), aiming directly at the recovering thugs.

"After it is an honorable duel, of course! I am a hero, not stupid!""

EDIT: (OOC: Sorry, didn't realize I was godmodding there)

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 08:31 PM
"Name's Kaden, Kaden Zei. 'N' what can I say? Not one to go looking for a party, but I never turn down an invitation. I'll take the hammock."

Someone comments on how the rooms don't have hammocks. Kaden lovingly taps her tonfa with a grin. "There will be."

Caelynn turns to Kedra
I like her.
Hey Kaden, do you have a bow?

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 08:38 PM
I think it's Kaiden. You have an extra bow I can borrow? Top hats are too knock-offable for hiding my ears.

"Bow err, sorry my hair is too short for that, I do have a bandana though! if you tie it around good enough, you'll look like a pirate and if won't get knocked off!"
She said, as she proffered the bandana

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 08:42 PM
"Bow err, sorry my hair is too short for that, I do have a bandana though! if you tie it around good enough, you'll look like a pirate and if won't get knocked off!"
She said, as she proffered the bandana

Thanks!
Enters Dorm
I call the far left one!

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 08:56 PM
Kedra shrugged. She simply gone over to an untaken bed, then with a will of her Aura, a little green light pulsed down her armor, and it unlocked, opening so that Kedra stepped out in gym clothes, her body no less stocky and athletic despite being out of her power armor, her Drill Lance still attached to the power armor via Aura Magnet. She then flopped down onto her bed.
"Aaaah, nice to stretch and be out of that thing. That armor is inflexible. But I guess that price I got to pay when I walk around with such protection."

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 09:00 PM
Caelynn dives upon the bed after grabbing a teddy bear with cat ears sewn on to it and falls asleep.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 09:08 PM
Rebecca grimaces, "I guess I'll just risk the odds." She heads up to a room near Caelynn's and changes into clothes that aren't armor.

Aric Kale
2013-09-17, 09:13 PM
Korwil's Dorm ~ 1/4 beds taken.

Traise passes out, it's been a long day and he's tired. However, he's a light sleeper so anybody who joins him might wake him up. The doors open though, he's kinda asking for it.

AnimeKid
2013-09-17, 09:21 PM
Alexandra looks between the two rooms, trying to decide which one to take. Foxy fluffy ears or kitty fluffy ears. after contemplating her deliemma she decided to room with Cael and the other girls. While Kitty had a fluffy tail she could happily stroke that Rebecca girl might be sneezing throgh the night. She goes in and claims the last available bed. After claiming her bed she changed out of her armor and into her cobalt blue pajamas. With clothes on that actually show her body type the rest og the girls could see she was ripped.

She didn't look ripped like a body builder. It was more the fact that she had an easily visible six pack and had very good definition to her biceps, triceps, calves, thighs, and back. Her strnght was very visible even as she flopped down on her bed.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 09:27 PM
Kedra's Dorm: 4/4 beds taken

Calemyr
2013-09-17, 09:29 PM
The day has gone by so fast. Kaden tries to contain her excitement for tomorrow as she sets up her meager belongings, hardly enough to fill one pack.

"My old teacher taught me this trick. 'My girl,' she said, 'if there ever comes a day when you are so comfortable with your Aura, when it becomes so second nature to you that you can catch a full eight hours like this, won't be nothing that can touch you.'"

She finishes hanging her hammock and settles into it. "If you gals'd be kind enough to wake me before you go, I'd appreciate it. I hate it when I oversleep."

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 09:49 PM
Caelynn wakes up all of a sudden, walks to backpack, pulls out a bag, pulls an onion out, and begins eating it like an apple
What? I'm hungry!

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 10:05 PM
~Kitty's Room, 2/4 beds taken.

Rebecca grimaces, "I guess I'll just risk the odds." She heads up to a room near Caelynn's and changes into clothes that aren't armor.

Kitty followed Rebecca to their dorm, where she changed into a pair of midnight blue footie pajamas with little cartoon foxes on them. After pulling her tail out through the seat (with some difficulty), she hopped onto the top bunk of one of the beds and starts brushing it.

"I'll try to keep my tail under the blanket, just in case," she said sheepishly.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-17, 10:31 PM
Caelynn wakes up all of a sudden, walks to backpack, pulls out a bag, pulls an onion out, and begins eating it like an apple
What? I'm hungry!

"Zsnsrsh…eh?"
She wakes up, looks at Cael, half sleepy, half annoyed, then looks down at the book she had been reading before she fell asleep, then suddenly her eyes widened.
"Ah!"
and she suddenly stored the book under her pillow, lightning-fast. they couldn't know about...that! She quickly turns out the light to hide her blush and lies down on the bed while snoring as loud as she could.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 10:44 PM
[Kitty's Room: 2/4]
"Omigosh! Those P.J.'s are soooo cute!" She squees a little before recomposing herself and saying, "Uh, I mean those look nice..."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-17, 10:53 PM
[Kitty's Room: 23/4]

There's a knock on the door to the room. Without waiting for an answer, the door is opened. Standing there is a girl with short, bright pink hair, bright blue eyes, and lots of piercings.

Hey, sup? Sorry I'm late. Stupid baggage got lost.

Randii makes her way into the room, dragging a few bags. Her current clothing consists of a green tank top, brown cargo pants, and black hiking boots. She looks for an open bunk and, upon finding one, tosses her stuff onto it.

She turns to her new roomies. Name's Randii Mendez. Nice ta meet ya.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-17, 10:53 PM
Looking for a Goddamn Teacher :smalltongue:

Aurum walks around the school, hunting for a teacher. He needed time to discuss what was to occur. And he'd need a visit to the forest to place a few more traps.

OOC: Where is the Headmaster?

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 10:59 PM
[Kitty's Room: 2/4]
"Omigosh! Those P.J.'s are soooo cute!" She squees a little before recomposing herself and saying, "Uh, I mean those look nice..."

"Thanks! My dad got them for me," Kitty says, putting away her brush. She takes care to keep any fur or dandruff from falling off.

[Kitty's Room: 23/4]

There's a knock on the door to the room. Without waiting for an answer, the door is opened. Standing there is a girl with short, bright pink hair, bright blue eyes, and lots of piercings.

Hey, sup? Sorry I'm late. Stupid baggage got lost.

Randii makes her way into the room, dragging a few bags. Her current clothing consists of a green tank top, brown cargo pants, and black hiking boots. She looks for an open bunk and, upon finding one, tosses her stuff onto it.

She turns to her new roomies. Name's Randii Mendez. Nice ta meet ya.

Kitty flicks her freshly-brushed tail as she hears someone else enter the apartment. "Hi! I'm Kitty," she introduced herself.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 11:06 PM
[Kitty's Room: 3/4]
Rebecca is hanging up a long list labeled Do not bring into room, please!, when Randii walks in. "And I'm Rebecca."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-17, 11:09 PM

A ban list? That may not sit well with Randii...Which, of course, will be fun for me!

Randii's eyes linger on Kitty's tail for a moment. Sooo...your name's Kitty, and you have a tail? She grins. Sorry, but that's just funny.

Arkhosia
2013-09-17, 11:24 PM
G'night gals!
Caelynn changes into simple violet pajamas and goes to bed.

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 11:27 PM

A ban list? That may not sit well with Randii...Which, of course, will be fun for me!

Randii's eyes linger on Kitty's tail for a moment. Sooo...your name's Kitty, and you have a tail? She grins. Sorry, but that's just funny.

"Huh. Most people just point out that I'm a fox and not a cat," Kitty remarked. "Or, y'know, be racist a-holes, but that's not quite as funny."

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 11:31 PM
"I'm glad you're not a kitty. Otherwise I'd jus-" Rebecca bends over with a sneeze. "I'd just be doing that all the time."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-17, 11:33 PM
[Kitty' Room: 3/4]

Randii waves her hand a little. Bah, don't worry bout the racist people. Just stab them or something.

When Rebecca sneezes, Randii grins again. You realize, of course, that I will have to use that against you at some point, right?

She starts unpacking some of her stuff. Enough to get through the night, at least.

Hawkflight
2013-09-17, 11:34 PM
"I'm glad you're not a kitty. Otherwise I'd jus-" Rebecca bends over with a sneeze. "I'd just be doing that all the time."

"We don't know that you won't," Kitty said worriedly. They still didn't know if Rebecca was allergic to foxes or not, after all.

lord pringle
2013-09-17, 11:44 PM
[Kitty's Room 3/4]
At Randii's comment she laughs, "You're pretty funny."
To Kitty, she sighs a little, "I'm sure it will all be fine."

Rakaydos
2013-09-17, 11:50 PM
"Then, TO BATTLE!"

And he disappears.

Well, okay, he turns into a cockroach (embarrassing, but less chance of being dead), and uses the momentary confusion to zip behind the leader, turn back to normal, and suddenly release a hail of darts from his sleeves (and the metal harness under them), aiming directly at the recovering thugs.

"After it is an honorable duel, of course! I am a hero, not stupid!""

EDIT: (OOC: Sorry, didn't realize I was godmodding there)

A small boy, no more than 14 and dressed in cheap rags, dove on front of the hail of darts, scattering them as they bounced off platelike fields of Aura. "Keep going, I'll hold this one off," the boy called, pulling out a pair of switchblades. The boy kept an eye on the older, posing man as the group took off with the dust.

Shyftir
2013-09-18, 12:28 AM
"On your own? Shee-yoot! Even I had my brothers and pa with me." Shifting his weight to one leg, Quick lifts his other ankle and sets the guitar case on his foot before accepting the handshake. "Pleasure to met'cha Mac. As for the guns, big blasts are great, but these fellas are versatile and they got plenty a punch." He pulls one out pointing it at the sky, revealing a spiked metal ball the size of a tennis ball at the end of the muzzle.

"Ah it wasn't dat great jist a gran' shot, Roit in de beasties eye. Yer 'av ter shoot straight in de wild after al'." Kyran shook hands firmly and exuberantly.

"Aye, sure looks like der fine shooters. That big tin' lioke a grappler or sumthin?'"

At this point the announcement about dorms is made.

"So, yer want ter grab the saem dorm then?"

Socratov
2013-09-18, 02:21 AM
Hallway

Robin sees Aurum wandering around and decides to shadow him by using Mirage's illusions to stretch corners a bit so he can look while still being hidden.

Well, if he's going to supply the challenges, I want to know what, where and how.

After following Aurum, Robin turns to a dorm with an open bed and silently climbs into a bunk.

OOC: Whoever wants to interact, you are free to do so, first to react, first to get

AnimeKid
2013-09-18, 07:44 AM
Kendra's Dorm

Alexandra smiles as she waves to the girls and says, "Goodnight girls! Tomorrow is going to be fun I know!" With that Alexandra also drifts off to dreamland, wrapping herself up in the snug covers of her bed.

Partysan
2013-09-18, 08:44 AM
As most of the other students make their way into the dorms, Chester takes a detour to the food courts. Without long consideration he follows the most delicious smells and ends up buying a huge bag full of stuffed pastry with different fillings. He takes out one and enters the dorms, still chewing.
: Chester offers fresh pastry to everyone he meets on his way :

Korwil's Room (2/4)
Finally in the dorms it seems that most rooms have already filled up with residents, chattering or even sleeping already. Shrugging, he enters a random door that's still left open and sets down his bag.
Only then he realizes that one of the beds is already accupied by the sleeping Traise.
"Sorry, didn't see you there." he murmurs, getting ready for bed in a more quite manner.

OrchestraHc
2013-09-18, 09:09 AM
"Ah it wasn't dat great jist a gran' shot, Roit in de beasties eye. Yer 'av ter shoot straight in de wild after al'." Kyran shook hands firmly and exuberantly.

"Aye, sure looks like der fine shooters. That big tin' lioke a grappler or sumthin?'"

At this point the announcement about dorms is made.

"So, yer want ter grab the saem dorm then?"

"S'more of a smasher, but yeah, it does grapplin' and bolo-in'. Like I said, 'versatile'," Quick says, putting his gun back.

"Sure, I'll room with ya," says, picking his guitar case off of his outstretched foot. "Word of warning: I do snore."

Shyftir
2013-09-18, 09:47 AM
"Oi don't mind de snorin'. Oi av tree older brothers."

Kyran continues to chat with Dollars until they find a room.

Robin's Room 3/4

A stranger slips into the room right before Kyran falls asleep, he just turns over and zonks out.

((Kinda g-modded Dollars, but I figured we'd just get on with the room-finding quickly.))

Leliel
2013-09-18, 10:03 AM
A small boy, no more than 14 and dressed in cheap rags, dove on front of the hail of darts, scattering them as they bounced off platelike fields of Aura. "Keep going, I'll hold this one off," the boy called, pulling out a pair of switchblades. The boy kept an eye on the older, posing man as the group took off with the dust.

Amandus' eyes widen in surprise.

The hell? Who's this idiot?

"Erm...Oh, villain! How dare you corrupt our youth to your greedy ends!? Tell me child, is your family being threatened by this perfidious fiend, or has your innocence been cruelly taken away?

Also, the caravan might want to get away by now. Run, you idiots, run!"

The showman youth pulls back his sleeaves, revealing the fine mesh of brass covering his arms, which crackle with electricity. With another flash of Aura, he is a bear with four spider limbs plus normal bear limbs, each covered with the Platypus' crackling wires.

"En garde!"

GrandDM
2013-09-18, 10:12 AM
[Looking for a Teacher]

The eight-foot man ambles over, appearing around a corner.

" I offer my apologies for what happened earlier. I do not care for anything outside of my studies, and thus I do not recognise those who others may consider well-known. However, I will still inform you that you will not engage in any combative activity with any of the students, nor will you attempt to bully them. Now, is there something you're looking for?"

Rakaydos
2013-09-18, 10:54 AM
Oliver waited, hidden tail twitching, daggers raised. The corner of his mouth rose at the showman's questions, for his innocence had been lost the moment he'd been born a fauna. Behind him, the dust bandits and caravan vanished from sight, leaving the two kids standing there alone. He didnt have to fight- he just had to keep this person from interfering.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-18, 11:17 AM
[Looking for a Teacher]

The eight-foot man ambles over, appearing around a corner.

" I offer my apologies for what happened earlier. I do not care for anything outside of my studies, and thus I do not recognise those who others may consider well-known. However, I will still inform you that you will not engage in any combative activity with any of the students, nor will you attempt to bully them. Now, is there something you're looking for?"

Aurum isn't a complete ass all the time, and doesn't say anything harsh or cruel to the teacher. The boy was rather excited for tomorrow. He had plans for the one who attacked Clay. He'd have to tweak just a few designs... He speaks to the tall man in his usual bored tone. Hm? Access to the trial forest grounds. I need to set in some new combat modes. This batch is particularly strong, despite most having the personality of Atilla the Hun mixed with the average high school football player. Eurgh.

Forest Trial: The forest is just on the outside of the school, massive and imposing, with tall trees and a multitude of several types of local shrubbery and flowers growing everywhere. There are four main sections of the forest, and all have a red border so the players know when they're leaving an area. There are pieces of a glowing design in every area, so to truly win each team needs to collect a piece from each area. (The Start:) The beginning is green and tall and nice. The trees here are redwoods, very thick and tall. There's a LOT of leaves all around, and Aurum has set many large clockwork insect Grimm about. He's also set a multitude of traps here. This part of the trial is meant to just get the group started. (The Hedge Maze:) Is another section of the forest, and here it is meant to dazzle and confuse the players. The hedge is 12 feet tall, and seems to be roofed. The ceiling atop the hedge is all mirrored glass, so the groups entering will most likely get lost and confused. Located in every dead end is some kind of horrible vicious monster just waiting to kill and shred. In the center of the maze are the pieces. Next is (The Mountain Pass:) There's a small mountain out here, and it's very cold. The pieces are located on the top, and many flying mechanical horrors wait here. There is also a bog located by the mountain, that stores water that supposedly heals wounds. Then there's the last area (The Bridge:) The Bridge is a massively wide bridge with no railing. The bridge spans across a very very large chasm. (In reality, the chasm is not bottomless, but any who fall will look like they have died, but they'll wake up in Aurum's secret building.) Across the bridge is only four pieces. So that means that only four teams will actually get all the pieces, and these four teams are to be considered advanced. The teams that do not collect all the pieces but survive still pass the test however. The only losers are the students that pass away. Aurum has also built automaton version of just bout each character. These automatons will be released all across the trial, their goal to hunt and terminate their PC lookalikes. All in all, its a great and difficult trial.

Aurum has a booth looking over the trials, and there's a massive control board there. He will be announcing deaths here, and controlling certain parts of the trial, watching everything from hidden cameras. He's in his booth with Clay, making sure each mechanical monstrosity was functioning to the best of their abilities. Clay, install Program Beta. He'll be staying here overnight.

GrandDM
2013-09-18, 02:20 PM
Aurum isn't a complete ass all the time, and doesn't say anything harsh or cruel to the teacher. The boy was rather excited for tomorrow. He had plans for the one who attacked Clay. He'd have to tweak just a few designs... He speaks to the tall man in his usual bored tone. Hm? Access to the trial forest grounds. I need to set in some new combat modes. This batch is particularly strong, despite most having the personality of Atilla the Hun mixed with the average high school football player. Eurgh.

Forest Trial: The forest is just on the outside of the school, massive and imposing, with tall trees and a multitude of several types of local shrubbery and flowers growing everywhere. There are four main sections of the forest, and all have a red border so the players know when they're leaving an area. There are pieces of a glowing design in every area, so to truly win each team needs to collect a piece from each area. (The Start:) The beginning is green and tall and nice. The trees here are redwoods, very thick and tall. There's a LOT of leaves all around, and Aurum has set many large clockwork insect Grimm about. He's also set a multitude of traps here. This part of the trial is meant to just get the group started. (The Hedge Maze:) Is another section of the forest, and here it is meant to dazzle and confuse the players. The hedge is 12 feet tall, and seems to be roofed. The ceiling atop the hedge is all mirrored glass, so the groups entering will most likely get lost and confused. Located in every dead end is some kind of horrible vicious monster just waiting to kill and shred. In the center of the maze are the pieces. Next is (The Mountain Pass:) There's a small mountain out here, and it's very cold. The pieces are located on the top, and many flying mechanical horrors wait here. There is also a bog located by the mountain, that stores water that supposedly heals wounds. Then there's the last area (The Bridge:) The Bridge is a massively wide bridge with no railing. The bridge spans across a very very large chasm. (In reality, the chasm is not bottomless, but any who fall will look like they have died, but they'll wake up in Aurum's secret building.) Across the bridge is only four pieces. So that means that only four teams will actually get all the pieces, and these four teams are to be considered advanced. The teams that do not collect all the pieces but survive still pass the test however. The only losers are the students that pass away. Aurum has also built automaton version of just bout each character. These automatons will be released all across the trial, their goal to hunt and terminate their PC lookalikes. All in all, its a great and difficult trial.

Aurum has a booth looking over the trials, and there's a massive control board there. He will be announcing deaths here, and controlling certain parts of the trial, watching everything from hidden cameras. He's in his booth with Clay, making sure each mechanical monstrosity was functioning to the best of their abilities. Clay, install Program Beta. He'll be staying here overnight.

"Certainly. Follow me." He'll let Aurum into the arena. Although he heads off in another direction, the boy genius may feel like he's still being watched.

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 02:24 PM
[Kitty's Room 3/4]
At Randii's comment she laughs, "You're pretty funny."
To Kitty, she sighs a little, "I'm sure it will all be fine."

"I hope so," said Kitty, with a faint smile. "I ... well, I haven't had a lot of friends before, and I'd hate to lose one to allergies."

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a manga and set it on her bed, ready to read in case everyone else wanted to go to sleep.

Aric Kale
2013-09-18, 04:38 PM
Korwil's Dorm 3/4

Traise wakes up at the crack of dawn, likely before his roommates, silently going through his morning routine of exercises, eating, and making himself presentable. In that order.
He's bounding with excitement, while this may not be evident on his face, his Aura flares on occasion, showing something isn't ordinary.

5a Violista
2013-09-18, 04:57 PM
Meadow
Streets, having gotten away from where the battle was occurring.

The man, Orasmyn, the leader of the bandit group, grins when this fauna-boy shows up. "Leaving it all to you. Good luck."

Then, he takes off after the rest of the dust bandits, to carefully steal the rest of the Dust. (After all, he doesn't want his bandits to accidentally blow themselves up.)

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-18, 04:57 PM
[OUTSIDE THE BOYS' DORMS]

Oddly enough, another of the Sanctum initiates, a boy with messy black hair, is out and about well before most. This would-be student sits on the lawn outside the dormitory building, his deep green eyes staring off into the twilight. His posture is strong as he meditates on the upcoming trial, breathing deep and slow to calm his nerves and plan his approach to the challenges that will surely await him. Every so often, however, he starts to doze off, and it takes some measure of effort to remain awake and regain his composure and concentration.

((Not a very exciting intro, I know, but I'm not going to be at my computer for much longer. I'll hopefully have something else to post early tomorrow, if not later tonight.))

Arkhosia
2013-09-18, 06:17 PM
Caelynn wakes up as soon as the sun rises, swings Kaden's makeshift hammock to wake her up, grabs this universe's equivalent of Cadbury eggs, and sprints to the breakfast area. She's extremely excited for the trials, and can't wait!
Also, a little boost for luck.

AnimeKid
2013-09-18, 06:30 PM
Kendra's dorm

When Cael wakes up she would notice that there was already someone awake. Alexandra had woken up earlier and was in the middle of the room wearing gray sweatpants and a black sports bra. She had both of her legs straight in the air along with the rest of her body. Her hair was still in it's ponytail and parallel to the rest of her body. Base on the light sheen surrounding it her aura was likely keeping it in place. The only thing supporting her was her right hand she bent down and rose back up at steady intervals. Based on the light sheen of sweat that was visible on her forehead she had been at this for a while.

Looking up at seeing someone wake up she gives a friendly smile around the protein bar that was currently in her mouth as she continues her one armed pushups. She brings the rest of the bar into her mouth to chew and swallow it before she says,"*eh*, Hello Cael! Did you have a good sleep last night. *hah*, I was a little restless myself, but I got enough rest to be ready for the exercise."

Leliel
2013-09-18, 06:31 PM
Meadow
Streets, having gotten away from where the battle was occurring.

The man, Orasmyn, the leader of the bandit group, grins when this fauna-boy shows up. "Leaving it all to you. Good luck."

Then, he takes off after the rest of the dust bandits, to carefully steal the rest of the Dust. (After all, he doesn't want his bandits to accidentally blow themselves up.)

Dang. I have to draw the cops or a Hunter here...

Time to be LOUD.

RAWR!

The spider-bear lunges, surging with electricity, as metal-tipped wires rush at the faunus youth...and a power breaker for the street lights. As the Platypus surges with the breaker's current, the right-front paw clinches the control in it and unleashes a surge of its own, knocking out the street lights.

Amandus, with his animal eyes, sees okay, but more importantly, it also triggers an alarm-can't be too careful with hungry Grimm.

Hope I'm not mistaken for an actual Grimm. Again.

Arkhosia
2013-09-18, 06:32 PM
Kendra's dorm

When Cael wakes up she would notice that there was already someone awake. Alexandra had woken up earlier and was in the middle of the room wearing gray sweatpants and a black sports bra. She had both of her legs straight in the air along with the rest of her body. Her hair was still in it's ponytail and parallel to the rest of her body. Base on the light sheen surrounding it her aura was likely keeping it in place. The only thing supporting her was her right hand she bent down and rose back up at steady intervals. Based on the light sheen of sweat that was visible on her forehead she had been at this for a while.

Looking up at seeing someone wake up she gives a friendly smile around the protein bar that was currently in her mouth as she continues her one armed pushups. She brings the rest of the bar into her mouth to chew and swallow it before she says,"*eh*, Hello Cael! Did you have a good sleep last night. *hah*, I was a little restless myself, but I got enough rest to be ready for the exercise."

Hey Alexandra! Just getting some milk!

Calemyr
2013-09-18, 06:34 PM
Caelynn wakes up as soon as the sun rises, swings Kaden's makeshift hammock to wake her up, grabs this universe's equivalent of Cadbury eggs, and sprints to the breakfast area. She's extremely excited for the trials, and can't wait!
Also, a little boost for luck.

"No, officer, I didn't know the park closed at night." Kaden mumbles in her sleep. "I'll leave in just a couple... Oh..." Her eyes snap open. "Oooh! That's right! Fight time! Woohoo!"

In a practiced motion she slides out of her hammock, catching her tonfa as they fall, and folding the fabric of her hammock and setting it aside. "Wonder how much of a run I can go for before the fun starts. Maybe just a short one..."

AnimeKid
2013-09-18, 06:42 PM
Continuing her exercise she looks at Kaden and with the hand that is not doing the pushups salutes her in greeting. "Getting the same idea as me huh? I always feel better after a good workout too. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you've got. That goes for all of you really."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-18, 06:47 PM
Kitty's Room

Randii smiles at Rebecca. Why thank you. I usually don't even try.

At Kitty's comment, Randii sighs and shakes her head. Havin' a bunch of friends is overrated. Alls ya need are a few close ones, and you're good. Randii drops her bag down next to her bed. Seems she's done unpacking for the night.

She flops down onto her bed. Seems her choice of pajamas is her underwear. She folds her hands behind her head. Alright, I'm out for the night. See ya in the morning. Then she closes her eyes and passes out pretty quickly.

((Hawk and Pringle, you're free to keep Kitty and Rebecca talking for a while, if you want. Randii's a pretty deep sleeper.))

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 07:06 PM
[Kitty's Room]
Rebecca takes some medicine and smiles. "Hey, even if I am allergic to you, we can still be friends." Upon seeing Randii going to sleep she says, "G'Night." And then she sneezes a couple times into her elbow.

Arkhosia
2013-09-18, 07:20 PM
Caelynn returns to her dorm shortly with a carton of milk
I'm back! Anyone want [Cadbury rwby version] Cereal? I have it on good knowledge that it makes you very very fast.
Cael is slightly shaky as she says this

Rakaydos
2013-09-18, 07:26 PM
Dang. I have to draw the cops or a Hunter here...

Time to be LOUD.

RAWR!

The spider-bear lunges, surging with electricity, as metal-tipped wires rush at the faunus youth...and a power breaker for the street lights. As the Platypus surges with the breaker's current, the right-front paw clinches the control in it and unleashes a surge of its own, knocking out the street lights.

Amandus, with his animal eyes, sees okay, but more importantly, it also triggers an alarm-can't be too careful with hungry Grimm.

Hope I'm not mistaken for an actual Grimm. Again.

Leaping over the bear's mindless charge, Oliver flung one knife and then the other at it's backside, landing behind it to catch the rebounding blades. the bear impacted the breaker, and as the streetlights went out, Oliver turned and dashed down the street, away from the monster that glowed with arcing electricity in the night.

OrchestraHc
2013-09-18, 07:33 PM
"Oi don't mind de snorin'. Oi av tree older brothers."

Kyran continues to chat with Dollars until they find a room.

Robin's Room 3/4

A stranger slips into the room right before Kyran falls asleep, he just turns over and zonks out.

((Kinda g-modded Dollars, but I figured we'd just get on with the room-finding quickly.))

((S'fine, but I prefer warning next time.))

More to confirm than to add anything new, Dollars goes to sleep in a room, probably the same one Robin enters. I'm unsure of Robin's players opinion at the moment.

Calemyr
2013-09-18, 07:36 PM
Caelynn returns to her dorm shortly with a carton of milk
I'm back! Anyone want [Cadbury rwby version] Cereal? I have it on good knowledge that it makes you very very fast.
Cael is slightly shaky as she says this

By the time Cael returns, Kaden has already changed into her running clothes and left. She returns an hour and a half later, takes a shower, and emerges grinning broadly. "Ah, this is the life. A good night's sleep, a short run, and long shower. I feel like a million Lien." The phrase 'giddy as a schoolgirl' may be oddly apropo.

(Just in case I miss the start of the event, Kaden has one question for those in charge: "Excuse me, one question, please? Will we have to pay for any damages to Tuxboy's toys? Cuz I don't got a lot of coin and I'm not reeaally the sort to hold back when I start havin' fun, ya know?")

Leliel
2013-09-18, 08:05 PM
Leaping over the bear's mindless charge, Oliver flung one knife and then the other at it's backside, landing behind it to catch the rebounding blades. the bear impacted the breaker, and as the streetlights went out, Oliver turned and dashed down the street, away from the monster that glowed with arcing electricity in the night.

"Oh, you shall not! No villain escapes the law!"

With a somersault tearing out the wires, the spider-bear transforms into a sparrow, which quickly catches up with the fleeing boy before turning back directly in front of him, the metal covering its claws glittering with clear poison-a paralytic meant to incapacitate, but still massively frightening even if you knew what it was.

Arkhosia
2013-09-18, 08:09 PM
Caelynn is showing obvious effects of a sugar rush
Hey Kaden! Want some Cadbury Cereal? It has tons of energy in it!

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 08:36 PM
[Kitty's Room]
Rebecca takes some medicine and smiles. "Hey, even if I am allergic to you, we can still be friends." Upon seeing Randii going to sleep she says, "G'Night." And then she sneezes a couple times into her elbow.

Emily smiled gratefully. "Thanks," she said, laying down.

Aric Kale
2013-09-18, 08:42 PM

Oddly enough, another of the Sanctum initiates, a boy with messy black hair, is out and about well before most. This would-be student sits on the lawn outside the dormitory building, his deep green eyes staring off into the twilight. His posture is strong as he meditates on the upcoming trial, breathing deep and slow to calm his nerves and plan his approach to the challenges that will surely await him. Every so often, however, he starts to doze off, and it takes some measure of effort to remain awake and regain his composure and concentration.

Traise joins the boy, sitting next to him, making no comment. He enters the State, where his Aura is at its strongest and most controlled. He loves the cool, night air.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 08:45 PM
[Kitty's Room]
Rebecca is a terrible person to sleep near. It takes a bit for the medicine to kick in and for her to fall asleep, and she spends that time sneezing up a storm. When she falls asleep, that sneezing is replaced with her snoring loudly. The snoring is given occasional breaks in it so that she can make strange gasping noises and sniffle.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-18, 09:25 PM
Traise joins the boy, sitting next to him, making no comment. He enters the State, where his Aura is at its strongest and most controlled. He loves the cool, night air.

((I really need to stop writing my characters into passive corners...))

The yet-unidentified boy will ignore Traise for a minute or so, focusing intently on steadying his mind for the trial. When he concludes his meditation, however, and moves to pick up his weapon, he will notice the other initiate's concentrated Aura and watch him a bit, impressed by his display. Should he acknowledge his presence, he will comment, "That Aura was incredible...I mean, I can do something similar myself, but that was just...intense. Where did you learn to focus it like that?"

Callos_DeTerran
2013-09-18, 09:49 PM
Ria

It has been a lonnngggggg for the perky blonde, bumbling along from dorm room to dorm room in search of the one that had been assigned to her. First she had wandered into the teachers room and had been halfway through unpacking before realizing she had mistaken a desk for a bed in her excitement. Then she had wandered on to the indoors gymnasium's locker rooms, despite the fact her dorms were supposed to be on the other side of the building! Course, plenty of people had proven quite helpful in providing her with directions, but it just hadn't seemed to help...People aren't supposed to room in the cafeteria!

"At this point I just want to unpack and relax to a nice, long book," the normally optimistic girl muttered aloud to herself as she swung her clothes suitcase atop a bed and popped it open. Grimmsbane had been propped up at her feet while she got herself acquainted with the space, plopping down down on her back. "I never would have thought that this school was this big!"

Come to think of it, she still wasn't sure if she was in the right place. Green eyes blinked and suddenly looked around the room...to meet the likely confused gaze of the boys' whose dorm room she had stumbled into and begun to set up shop in.

"...Phooey."

Aric Kale
2013-09-18, 09:52 PM
Outside the Dormitories

)(Haha, you're fine.)(

Thank you, I have been working on honing my soul since childhood. I can thank my Father for where I am today, rest his soul in ease...
That is called the State, in which the meditator releases control of his body and looks only within himself. It's a slightly terrifying experience before you're used to it. I'm Korwil, by the way. And you are? He extends a hand to the boy, a slight smile on his face. At this point he has completely contained his Aura, the visible aspect, at least.

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 09:57 PM
[Kitty's Room]
Rebecca is a terrible person to sleep near. It takes a bit for the medicine to kick in and for her to fall asleep, and she spends that time sneezing up a storm. When she falls asleep, that sneezing is replaced with her snoring loudly. The snoring is given occasional breaks in it so that she can make strange gasping noises and sniffle.

Kitty isn't really bothered by this. While Rebecca falls asleep, she just reads her manga. Then she fell asleep herself.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 10:04 PM
[Kitty's Room]
((Should we timeskip to the next morning?))

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 10:05 PM
((Sounds good to me.))

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 10:14 PM
[Kitty's Room]
Rebecca wakes up and moans in discomfort. Her eyes and nose are all red and irritated. "Ugh. Do we hab to do the trials today?" She starts fumbling around for antihistamines.

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 10:19 PM
[Kitty's Room]
Rebecca wakes up and moans in discomfort. Her eyes and nose are all red and irritated. "Ugh. Do we hab to do the trials today?" She starts fumbling around for antihistamines.

Kitty groaned as she woke up, resisting the urge to roll over and go back to sleep. Rolling over, she tumbled out of bed with a crash.

Right, bunk beds, she thought, sitting up with a groan. Glancing over at Rebecca, her eyes widened in concern, and she frowned. "Maybe you should see the nurse before they begin," she suggested.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-18, 10:26 PM
Kitty's Room

Randii wakes up fairly nicely, compared to her roommates. She opens her eyes, sits up, stretches a little, yawns, scratches her side, and looks over at Rebecca and Kitty.

Wow. You two look like you've had an adventurous morning already.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 10:30 PM
[Kitty's Room]
"I dod't look that bad." She congestedly mumbles before breaking out into a sneezing fit. "I just deed by bedicine."

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 10:45 PM
"If you're sure," said Kitty. "I still think the nurse may have something stronger." Plus she needs someone to interact with to establish her character. :P

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-18, 10:55 PM
Kitty's Room

Randii chuckles. No, you do look that bad. She nods towards Kitty. Probably should talk to the nurse, like she said. They might be able to remove your sinuses altogether, which would make things easier.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 11:01 PM
[Kitty's Room]
"I'b fide! Dod't worry!" Rebecca says before buckling over with about six or seven sneezes. She walks over to the mirror and sees herself. "...Okay, fide. I'll go." She grabs her list off the wall and says, "Do either of you wadt to cobe with?"

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 11:08 PM
[Kitty's Room]
"I'b fide! Dod't worry!" Rebecca says before buckling over with about six or seven sneezes. She walks over to the mirror and sees herself. "...Okay, fide. I'll go." She grabs her list off the wall and says, "Do either of you wadt to cobe with?"

"Sure," said Kitty. Then her stomach growled. "....Actually, I'll meet you there with breakfast. Any preference?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-18, 11:11 PM
Kitty's Room

Randii swings her legs off the bed, then stands up and stretches again.

Eh, I'll come. Just let me toss on a shirt and pants first. She goes rummaging through her bag and pulls out a black t-shirt and blue jeans, which she tosses on real quick. She looks in the mirror and decides to not change her hair color today.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 11:18 PM
[Kitty's room->Nurse's office]
"Just get be like a bagel or sobethig." She sniffles and begins trudging down the hallways in her pajamas with a handkerchief practically glued to her nose.

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 11:27 PM
[Kitty's Room ---> Dining Hall]

"Got it!" said Kitty.

----

In the nurse's office, a woman in her mid 30's was busily attending to a few of the students, mostly for injuries sustained during training. Things were scattered around haphazardly, with supplies set wherever there was room, indicating she'd had little time to unpack already. Four rocket launchers were leaned against a wall in a corner, and the large TV was tuned to the news, reporting on the attempted raid of a dust transport the previous night.

Zira herself was a fairly tall woman. She had long pink hair tied in a bun, wore a white nurse's outfit and cap, and was in her early 30s. She glanced up as she heard Rebecca and Randii enter.

"I'll be with you in a second," she said, turning back to her patient.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-18, 11:33 PM
Nurse's Office

Randii left her boots in the room, cause she didn't feel like exerting the effort needed to put them on.

She'll wait by the door, since she wasn't here for anything other than keeping Rebecca company.

((And I'm out for the night.))

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 11:36 PM
[Nurse's office]
Rebecca curses inwardly and wishes she had taken her medicine prior to coming here. She sits down to wait for the nurse. She sneezes violently every so often.

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 11:39 PM
Kitty hung by the door as well, because her player doesn't want two characters in the same scene. :smalltongue:

Zira finished with her patient, and made her way over to Rebecca. "Rebecca LeVert?" she inquired, checking her records. "How can I help you?"

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 11:43 PM
[Nurse's Office]
"By allergies are really bad and-" is what Rebecca can quickly spit out before undergoing another allergic spell. "I thigk I deed strogger bedicine. Add a tissue."

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 11:50 PM
Zira's eyes softened for a moment and she nodded. "Of course," she said. "Your file states that you're allergic to both felines and canines, including fauna, yes?"

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 11:53 PM
[Nurse's office]
"Add Polled" She stops to blow her nose. "I mean, and pollen, and dust and mold, and perfume and guinea pigs."

Hawkflight
2013-09-18, 11:56 PM
Zira nodded again, before rummaging around through her stuff. "I would recommend avoiding these things, even with medication, but with all the fauna here, it would prove impossible," she said. She pulled out a few pieces of paper.

"Right, I just need you to sign a couple of forms real quick," she said, handing the papers to Rebecca.

lord pringle
2013-09-19, 12:01 AM
[Nurse's Office]
Rebecca signs the forms. She's glad the nurse doesn't want her to avoid Fauna, then she'd have to avoid Kitty and Caelynn.

Hawkflight
2013-09-19, 12:04 AM
Zira glanced over the forms quickly, then filed them away. "Alright, give me one moment and I'll be back with some medication," she said. With that, she stepped into the back room where all the medicines were kept. Rebecca would likely have time to look around the office for a moment, if she were so inclined.

lord pringle
2013-09-19, 12:07 AM
[Nurse's Office]
Rebecca waits impatiently for Zira to come back. She's very quickly going through the office's box of tissues.

Hawkflight
2013-09-19, 12:16 AM
Zira returned with a small box (containing a bottle of nasal spray) and gave it to Rebecca. "Now, remember," she said. "This will alleviate the symptoms, but not eliminate them entirely. It is a very powerful antihistamine, but if you experience any of the symptoms listed on the instructions, come see me immediately."

lord pringle
2013-09-19, 12:28 AM
[Nurse's Office]
She grins at being handed the medicine. "Yay! Thank you so much!" She takes it and starts stumbling back to the room. ((And now, I'm going to sleep.))

Hawkflight
2013-09-19, 12:38 AM
Kitty escorts Rebecca back to their room, giving her her bagel. She is still in her pyjamas.

Dr. Jones attends to her next patient.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-19, 12:49 AM
Observatory:

Well, Aurum continues his work, pressing various buttons and typing in code in the large room. Aurum was very, very good with computers, and watching him work was like watching a painter. He moved with grace, and before his eyes, (And the teen spying on him), camera's activate, showing on the large screen in front of him. Aurum nods and adjusts angles for about an hour, until he can see everything. There's also red dots scattered about the screen. No monsters can be seen. Maybe the robogrimm are only released right before the trial and then walk to those red glowing spots on the map? Hm.

Aurum will eventually finish adjusting angles, and will slowly but surely fall asleep in his chair. Clay stands at the guard, of course.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-19, 09:36 AM
Outside the Dormitories

)(Haha, you're fine.)(

Thank you, I have been working on honing my soul since childhood. I can thank my Father for where I am today, rest his soul in ease...
That is called the State, in which the meditator releases control of his body and looks only within himself. It's a slightly terrifying experience before you're used to it. I'm Korwil, by the way. And you are? He extends a hand to the boy, a slight smile on his face. At this point he has completely contained his Aura, the visible aspect, at least.

((I had a hard time coming up with a good response, though...))

"Oh wow, interesting," the boy replies, his eyes lighting up. "So it's kind of like the opposite of an out-of-body experience...I may need to look into that." At Korwil's introduction, he takes his hand and shakes it politely, adding, "Ripley Vance...but everyone just calls me 'Rip' for short. Nice to meet you."

If their conversation stalls, Rip will ask, "So, what do you think about the initiation trial? I'm in the dark, personally...I've just been trying to keep a level head and plan for the worst-case scenario. Have you heard anything about what's in store for us?"

GrandDM
2013-09-19, 10:07 AM
Ria

It has been a lonnngggggg for the perky blonde, bumbling along from dorm room to dorm room in search of the one that had been assigned to her. First she had wandered into the teachers room and had been halfway through unpacking before realizing she had mistaken a desk for a bed in her excitement. Then she had wandered on to the indoors gymnasium's locker rooms, despite the fact her dorms were supposed to be on the other side of the building! Course, plenty of people had proven quite helpful in providing her with directions, but it just hadn't seemed to help...People aren't supposed to room in the cafeteria!

"At this point I just want to unpack and relax to a nice, long book," the normally optimistic girl muttered aloud to herself as she swung her clothes suitcase atop a bed and popped it open. Grimmsbane had been propped up at her feet while she got herself acquainted with the space, plopping down down on her back. "I never would have thought that this school was this big!"

Come to think of it, she still wasn't sure if she was in the right place. Green eyes blinked and suddenly looked around the room...to meet the likely confused gaze of the boys' whose dorm room she had stumbled into and begun to set up shop in.

"...Phooey."

I don't think anyone responded to this. If they did, I missed it, so:

A very tall man ducks into the room. He's about eight feet tall, bent over to avoid hitting his head. He's wearing a long, ornate white robe, and his eyes are blank white, with a slight glow, but his manner indicates that he isn't as blind as he looks.

"Lost?"

Aric Kale
2013-09-19, 10:11 AM

((I had a hard time coming up with a good response, though...))

"Oh wow, interesting," the boy replies, his eyes lighting up. "So it's kind of like the opposite of an out-of-body experience...I may need to look into that." At Korwil's introduction, he takes his hand and shakes it politely, adding, "Ripley Vance...but everyone just calls me 'Rip' for short. Nice to meet you."

If their conversation stalls, Rip will ask, "So, what do you think about the initiation trial? I'm in the dark, personally...I've just been trying to keep a level head and plan for the worst-case scenario. Have you heard anything about what's in store for us?"

Outside the Dormitories

A pleasure, I'm sure. I would say you reason well. Planning often aids those who do so properly.
I haven't heard anything about the trials themselves...but I've met the man running them. He's a snake, be wary.

Socratov
2013-09-19, 10:21 AM
Robin's room

Robin hears the shuffeling of awake people and awakes from his short sleep.

Oooowaaaaah! Good thing I don't need that much sleep after all, last night was brutal...

Robin start taking a shower and getting dressed.

Oh, yeah, that thing is today.

Instead of at his hip Robin straps Mirage across his back in an up \side down fashion.

Forest, so yeah, I need mobility, small spaces access. Let's hope I can make it on speed alone. Else I'm really going to need help. Those red dots worry me and that program beta or whatever it is freaks me out.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-19, 10:21 AM
Outside the Dormitories

A pleasure, I'm sure. I would say you reason well. Planning often aids those who do so properly.
I haven't heard anything about the trials themselves...but I've met the man running them. He's a snake, be wary.

"Thanks for the warning," Rip responds. "I'd better go grab some of my extra supplies, just in case. I'll see you at the proving grounds...Best of luck to both of us, huh?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-19, 10:31 AM
Outside the Dormitories

Cael appears outside the dorms with an empty bottle of soda in her right hand
Oh, hey Korwil and... Whoever you are! Protip: don't prep for combat by eating Cadbury eggs and drinking soda for energy if you can get sugar rushes. So, what's up?

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-19, 11:11 AM
Cael appears outside the dorms with an empty bottle of soda in her right hand
Oh, hey Korwil and... Whoever you are! Protip: don't prep for combat by eating Cadbury eggs and drinking soda for energy if you can get sugar rushes. So, what's up?
[OUTSIDE THE DORMS]

Rip flinches as a girl shows up and addresses him and Korwil; he had been so caught up in his discussion that he hadn't noticed her approach in the slightest. After composing himself, he responded, "Rip Vance. Nice to meet you...and no worries; I have enough trouble sleeping as is."

Rakaydos
2013-09-19, 12:03 PM
"Oh, you shall not! No villain escapes the law!"

With a somersault tearing out the wires, the spider-bear transforms into a sparrow, which quickly catches up with the fleeing boy before turning back directly in front of him, the metal covering its claws glittering with clear poison-a paralytic meant to incapacitate, but still massively frightening even if you knew what it was.

Oliver skidded to a stop, backing up to maintain his distance. Two of them? No... looking over his shoulder, the sparking electrical box was all alone, a block or two back. It didnt look that fast, but it somehow got out in front of him- which made it more than he could take.

"Nice pet Grimm you got there," Oliver snarled. "Is that what the "champions of light" are using these days?" he added, looking for another route.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-19, 01:01 PM
Morning-Aurum

The genius billionaire inventor wakes up with his steel gray hair ruffled and messy. The boy had fallen asleep on one of the several cold, unfeeling, complex-looking keyboards. He sits up in his chair and takes a comb out from his pocket. He also reaches into the fridge and pulls out... a thing of hair gel? Okay. Aurum had apparently been here before during setup, this must be where he plans on being for a while, after all his company was safe. These students might possibly allow Aurum to make even more of a fortune, and all it would take was five minutes and a syringe. Then if all goes according to plan, he'd have several million dollars more in his bank account.

The boy genius begins combing his hair perfectly, exactly the way he liked it. There's a small closet against the wall, and Aurum puts on his best suit, black with dark red pin-stripes, with a blood-red tie. He puts on his special glasses as well, pressing the small button on them, which causes the lenses to glow. Who knows what that does. He looks in the mirror for a bit, adjusting his dark vest and clothing, before putting on his silk black gloves. He was a handsome boy, with intelligent looking grey eyes. He would be every girl's dream; rich, handsome, and intelligent. If only he wasn't a criminal mastermind on the side.

Clay has recharged, and in the night installed Program Beta to Beta's chassis from the booth, so whatever it is... it's functional. Aurum moves to his keyboard and presses a big red button, activating the lights and cameras looking over the forest. Ready, Clay? It's our big day. I'm going to increase my fortune by a few million dollars, and it'll just take a few drops of blood and an hour or two in the lab. I love my work.

Aric Kale
2013-09-19, 01:46 PM
Outside the Dormitories

Korwil shrugs and grins, Don't even worry about it, just stay on guard. Suddenly, Cael...And try not to startle so easily.
Hello Caelynn. Glad to see you're not nervous.

Arkhosia
2013-09-19, 01:49 PM
Oh, I am. I drank about a liter of soda and ate about 20 Cadbury eggs. I stress eat.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-19, 02:13 PM
Outside the Dormitories

Korwil shrugs and grins, Don't even worry about it, just stay on guard. Suddenly, Cael...And try not to startle so easily.
Hello Caelynn. Glad to see you're not nervous.
[OUTSIDE THE DORMS]

Rip laughs nervously. "Heh...I guess I'm not as calm as I thought. Looks like I need to keep working on my meditation..."