PDA

View Full Version : quickened summon creature item???

Pentagon
2013-09-16, 01:43 PM
Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to summon an ally as a swift action. It doesn't matter what the creature is, I just want to combine it with the Transposer Cloak which allows you to swop places with a creature within 30ft as a combo teleport...

However, I don't have any spellcasting levels, so I need a x per day as a swift action summon a shadow/kobold/monster whatever.

I am fully aware that it's not the most efficient way of doing it.. but is there a way to instant speed summon a creature as a non caster/items etc.

Thanks all!

Pentagon

aeauseth
2013-09-16, 03:31 PM
You might consider something like the "Amber Amulets of Vermin" from the Magic Item Compendium. I believe the Large montstrous scorpion is 700 gp usable 1/day. This is a standard action to activate.

To create a similar custom item is expensive. A 1st level summon (1) that is quickened (+4) will roughly cost 5 (spell level) x 9 (caster level) x 1800 gp = 81,000 gp. Make is usable 1/day reduces the cost by a factor of 5, still a whopping 16,200 gp. Expensive, but it is a swift action instead of a standard action.

Snowbluff
2013-09-16, 03:33 PM
It's a full round action. Add Rapid to the cost.

Not that spell slot matters. A quickened rapid Summon Monster 1 is still a first level spell. :smallwink: