PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help Defending Against My Party/Batman Teamwork

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-09-16, 01:49 PM
I am in a PF campaign that just got put on hiatus. Most of the PCs are Evil, with the exception of my character. As the other players have gotten scary templates or something worse, my character would want to defend himself or prepare for a retributive strike. Party makeup, with tactics/info:

LN Half-Elf Magus 10 (Archmage Dual Path: Champion Tier 1)- Me. Just got 4th level spells, specializing in a whip, with the relevant whip feats, up to Improved Whip Mastery. Also skilled in Disarm. Strongest arcane caster in the party.

CE Vampire Drow Sorcerer 7/Rogue 3 (I think, mythic path unknown, NOT going mythic vampire)- Attained vampirism by selling a part of her soul. Coincidentally, I have not touched the book. Also wished for a ring of protection from sunlight, caster level unknown. Arguably the greatest defensive threat in the party to me at least. I have the power to bypass her DR (I can get +3 fairly easily with Arcane Pool), also owning a silver blade boot (can deliver spells through it, and I can add any enchantments I want to bypass Dr), and a Wyroot stake I purchased to finish off down enemies to refill my arcane pool. If I ever need to outright kill her, I can just wait for a sunny day, then dispel the ring. If I can bypass the CL (maybe a 15 at most, not too hard since I can roll twice and surge with mythic stuff), it is dispelled for 1d4 rounds, giving me a 75% chance of disintegration via sunlight. However, since I am a half-elf, if I am open to Vamping. As a thrall. IC, its fairly obvious she's a vampire, given her use of powers, plus no shadow and all that.

LE Werewolf (natural) Two-Handed Fighter 10 (probably Champion path)- Probably the member of the party I can trust the most. Has no reason to be hostile, and we have agreed in the past. I have aforementioned silver weapon and ability to by pass DR, but in a straight-up fight I would die horribly. As a Magus, my save spells are lacking, though I could probably given the right battlefield use enough damage spells to take him out. Still, he is on my side as much as anyone elses' in the party. We all know IC that he is a werewolf.

NE Human Half-Construct? Alchemist 10 (Most likely Trickster path)- Has clashed before in the past, holds the vampire's coffin in his Bag of Holding. We don't know exactly what the construct does, but it does make him immune to mind-affecting at least, though he can't be raised. Is a Mad Bomber-style alchemist.

CE? Quickling Bard 3/Ninja 1 (Probably Trickster as well)- Great player who RPs excellently, but an annoying as hell character. Likes pranks, a lot, and due to GM oversight, is over geared for our (or any) level. Pranks include depositing fecal matter in my boots, tattooing genitalia on my face, using alchemical grease on my whip so I dropped it in combat (biggest one my character holds him accountable for), and doing unspeakable things to the werewolf's pelt. OOC, we love this guy, and even the player admits he wouldn't blame us for retribution. IC, we all hate him. He has only three magic items: a Rapier of Puncturing which is used in conjunction with his sneak attack (ninja and natural), Dimensional Shackles (not too big), and a Ring of Freedom of Movement. The ring is the main obstacle here, preventing me from casting Slow on him to substantially weaken him. He naturally has Evasion, so unless I dispel the ring long enough for me to Slow him, I can't just fireball him to a fine crisp. IC, I might have trouble finding out his weakness, though the magic items are known.

LE? Human Cleric (Undead Lord) 7+. The same player as the quickling, retired the character for a bit because he felt he was stealing the spotlight too much, which the other players (and me) agreed with. However, he might be coming back. With an army of undead. Which would not be unwelcome. However, he was the first member of the party to be evil, and would likely try to assert control over the vampire. Has shown hostility to my character, but has hidden most of his dealings that cross the Neutral line. If I were to take him on, the main obstacle would be his channeling and lots of minions. I can deal with undead (fireball, chill touch), but his channeling, which he is focused on, would be the clincher. Also, if I lose, I end up a zombie, ghoul, or something else nasty.

Can anyone think of ways I can defend myself?