PDA

View Full Version : Cleric to Wizard Spells

metalith
2013-09-16, 02:47 PM
I know that the Rainbow Servant prestige class adds all Cleric spells to a Wizard's spell list, but is there any other way to add Divine spells to a Wizard's spell book.

Looking at making at the possibility of being Arcane (Wizard) Healer as a different alternative to being a Divine Healer. But don't want to have to rely on Wands and scrolls for some of the all utility heals and resurrection spells (Restoration, Panacea, Revenance, Revivify)

GilesTheCleric
2013-09-16, 02:51 PM
There's always the option of theurging.

I believe there's also a domain option for wizards, but I don't know the source for that. Probably CM or CAr.

Brookshw
2013-09-16, 02:51 PM
I know that the Rainbow Servant prestige class adds all Cleric spells to a Wizard's spell list, but is there any other way to add Divine spells to a Wizard's spell book.

Looking at making at the possibility of being Arcane (Wizard) Healer as a different alternative to being a Divine Healer. But don't want to have to rely on Wands and scrolls for some of the all utility heals and resurrection spells (Restoration, Panacea, Revenance, Revivify)

I think I saw something earlier today in the dysfunctional RAW thread about this. If I recall correctly, yes, a wizard can add them to the spell book from a scroll. That in of itself does not grant them the ability to prepare them.

Psyren
2013-09-16, 02:55 PM
Arcane Disciple for Healing domain? It makes you a little MAD but you do get some healing out of it, and you can rely on items (e.g. Periapt of Wis) to get by with low PB.

metalith
2013-09-16, 03:06 PM
I will be using Arcane Disciple for the Healing Domain which will give me the base Cure spells and Heal Spells to my spell list. Looking for the other spells. Since I know Archivists can basically get most Wizard/Sorcerer spells. Was hoping there was enough for the reverse to be true.

nedz
2013-09-16, 03:57 PM
Combat Medic (Heroes of Battle variant, p. 99) will solve this. The "hard" part is getting 8 ranks of Heal, which is not all that tricky really.

Lactantius
2013-09-16, 04:04 PM
- Exalted Feat: Blessing of the Seven Sisters; PGtF, realmsspecific; gives a bunch of cleric spells (mostly from BoED) in exchange for a feat

- Full Prestige:
Celestial Mystic, Exalted Arcanist, both BoED, gives access to celestial spells, which are basically divine spells which a special rider.

- Prestige Class dips:
rainbow servant 1 = good domain spells, which includes pearls like holy word, holy aura and blade barrier
- divine oracle 2 = oracle domain, which gives augury, divination, commune and some other stuff

- arcane disciple is the last resort, but it requires an appropriate WIS-score.
So to cast the level-8-domain-spell, you would need WIS 18 (and that again would require another booster item for WIS).

I'm sure there are way more than that, but that's what I remember so far.

nedz
2013-09-16, 04:42 PM
- divine oracle 1 = oracle domain, which gives augury, divination, commune and some other stuff

FTFY

Fax Celestis
2013-09-16, 04:51 PM
Not a mechanism, but a workaround: You should be able to meet all of Ur-Priest's requirements at 6th level. For your first level feat, take Academic Priest. At 3rd, Spell Focus (Evil), and 6th Iron Will. Take your 7th and 8th levels in Ur-Priest, and take Mystic Theurge the rest of the way to 18th. Enjoy your Int-based dual casting, for the low low cost of 2 CL. If you're that worried about it, take Practiced Spellcaster and move on with your life.