PDA

View Full Version : Werebear, barbarian, warshaper equipment

Invader
2013-09-16, 09:07 PM
So I think I've decided on my werebear/barbarian 4/warshaper 5 build but I have not idea what to do for equipment. 88k starting gold for a 12th lvl character and pretty much everything allowed. I'm basically only using my natural weapons for offensive plus a backup composite longbow for hybrid form if I need some range but I don't think I'm even going to bother enchanting that.

HalfQuart
2013-09-16, 09:36 PM
I'm confused; Werebear is +3 LA on top of 6 racial hit dice, so Werebear/Barbarian 4/Warshaper 5 would be ECL 18, not 12. Or are you playing with some sort of crazy house rule that ignores RHD?

SolioFebalas
2013-09-17, 01:14 AM
Despite the lack of understanding of the starting level, go back to the items:

Monk's belt (good for any shifters).
Wilding Clasp (MIC, p.190, prevents item to which are attached from melding into new form) + any item reasonable in new form.
Magic Fang ring.

Yogibear41
2013-09-17, 02:13 AM
Magic items? you dont need no sticken magic items your a were-bear!. Pick up a level of monk and then grab a level of fist of the forest. Get wis and con to unarmored AC add in sweet bonuses from vop and your rocking some awesome stats. For more insane non-magical stat boosts class over into forsaker for a cool +10 total inherent bonuses, and your con to AC one addditional time.

Laugh in the face of every thief the DM sends your way and become the unstoppable force of nature you were always meant to be. :smallcool:

Then maybe multiclass into crusader for some free self healing. I'm pretty sure forsaker only applies to spells and spell like abilities so supernatural abilities are still good to go.

SolioFebalas
2013-09-17, 03:31 AM
Yea, multiclass into Forsaker and forget about magic in the world based on magic.

Yogibear41
2013-09-17, 06:52 AM
Somebodies got to start the fire, so billy can sing about it.

Invader
2013-09-17, 08:04 AM
I'm confused; Werebear is +3 LA on top of 6 racial hit dice, so Werebear/Barbarian 4/Warshaper 5 would be ECL 18, not 12. Or are you playing with some sort of crazy house rule that ignores RHD?

Modified werebear with +3 LA but no racial hit die.