PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Blind Fighter?

Caligstro Smith
2013-09-16, 09:44 PM
I've been wanting to make a blind fighter for a while now, and I'm finally getting to do it.

The problem is of course that being blind gives you 50% miss chance against anything you're trying to make an attack roll against. I decided to solve this by focusing on bull rushing so that I don't have to make attack rolls. Note: Blind is being treated as a "double flaw" because it's so bad.

I'm going for something kinda like the Berserker from Gears of War 2, but with the mindless fury not really a requirement.

For Exoticist's proficiencies I was thinking Spiked Chain + Kusari-Gama, and have a flavor-different version of locked gauntlets on them to say they're locked to my armor so I have a bunch of chain weapons hanging off me. The other 2 proficiencies are sorta open, although I was leaning towards Minotaur Greathammer for one of them.

I'd also like to be as good as possible at bursting through doors/walls.

So first of all here's what I have so far:

Arctic Warforged with 32 point buy:

Str 18 Dex 10 Con 20 Int 10 Wis 8 Cha 4

Build & Feats:
ECL Class Feat Source Feat
1 Exoticist 1 Blind 1: Power Attack
Blind 2: Improved Bull Rush
Level 1: Adamantine Body
Fighter 1: Blind-Fight (retrain later?)
2 Exoticist 2 Fighter 2: Dungeoncrasher I
3 Exoticist 3 Level 3:
4 Exoticist 4 Fighter 4:
5 Exoticist 5
6 Exoticist 6 Level 6: Shock Trooper
Fighter 6: Dungeoncrasher II
7 WF Jnaut 1 WF Jnaut 1: Powerful Charge
8 WF Jnaut 2
9 WF Jnaut 3 Level 9: Knockback
10 WF Jnaut 4
11 WF Jnaut 5 WF Jnaut 5: Greater Powerful Charge
12 Warblade 1 Level 12:
Stance:
Maneuver: Minotaur's Charge?
Maneuver:
Maneuver:
13 Warblade 2 Maneuver:
14 Warblade 3 Maneuver:
15 Warblade 4 Level 15:
Stance:
Maneuver Replacement:
16 Warblade 5 Warblade 5:
Maneuver:
17 Warblade 6 Maneuver Replacement:
18 Warblade 7 Level 18:
Maneuver:
19 Warblade 8 Maneuver Replacement:
20 Warblade 9 Warblade 9:
Maneuver:

I take Knockback at level 9 because by then I'm certain I'll be able to afford and have acquired a Blindfold of True Darkness.

HOWEVER, this is largely only because I'm just not sure where to go with the build past dungeoncrashing + warforged juggernaut + minotaur's charge. I actually don't like relying on a blindfold of true darkness b/c it's outside of the spirit of the build and feels like abusing the use of flaws just to build a modified, weaker version of JaronK's Bulldozer. I'm trying to go for something different from just that typical type of build. Hopefully either by continuing to avoid the need to make attack rolls at all, or else finding a way to still effectively attack w/o negating my blindness? Is there a way to initiate grapples w/o needing an attack roll for instance?

The other thing is that I'm only just starting to learn Tome of Battle and really don't know what's good out of it.

Story
2013-09-16, 10:33 PM
I take it that just using one of the many ways of getting Blindsight is out of the question?

Fax Celestis
2013-09-16, 10:34 PM
Maybe try the Sighted Seeker prestige class? Or getting synesthete somehow?

Caligstro Smith
2013-09-17, 01:17 AM
It's just I'd prefer to avoid just finding a way to negate the penalties of my blindness. I'd rather find a way to work around them/with them.

I rephrased my initial post to clarify that intent.