PDA

View Full Version : Tippy's Terrifically Terrible Trial: Redux!

Rubik
2013-09-17, 01:42 AM
Once upon a time, the tipsiest of emperors, Lord Emperor Tippy, became a master of drunken master op-fu, and he proposed a challenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285801) to all the martial artists of all the lands! The most terrible of evils were to be unleashed upon the world! Who would dare to take up the challege? Who would throw down the gauntlet? Who would prevail against these monstrosities that would challenge the mightiest of the Tippyverse's wuxia warriors?There were several different entries into the competition, including me. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863) Now I ask, what should we do with these builds, since the challenge has languished in the deepest pits of the playground, where none may be necromanced without threat of shunning and banishment?

Is there a judge to determine who is the monkiest monk who ever monked a monk? Will the horrors be unleashed upon the lands for us to band together and defeat?

Either way, everyone who entered that competition with their warrior should post links to their elder evil slayer here!

We can figure out what to do with them once that's done.

Rubik: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863

Gemini476
2013-09-17, 04:40 AM
Why not just run through the encounters in order? Say that, for example, the first encounter is the hidden skeletal snake-dragon-thing on Atropus. Go through the encounter with one character, then the next character, etc, and then on to the next encounter.

Or, considering the average power level of the submissions, have the contestants do a speedrun boss run. Go through the Elder Evils in alphabetical order and see who wins the fastest! Resting between battles might be required for some builds, though.

The biggest issue is probably judging which is the best and monkiest monk, since most of them will annihilate an Elder Evil within a round or two.

Rubik
2013-09-17, 10:36 PM
We could, assuming we had someone willing to run things for us. The question is, how much do we want to actually do, and who could we get to do it for us?

shaikujin
2013-09-18, 10:58 AM
Asking for someone to run things for the many builds might be difficult. It's a lot of work.

But for learning, I would like dig up my notes on running through the encounters and get advice on any holes in my build and how to plug them :D

Rubik
2013-09-18, 11:07 PM
Asking for someone to run things for the many builds might be difficult. It's a lot of work.It'd be nice if we could run it as a party of monks, but I honestly can't see how we could do that, given that mine alone could destroy any encounter in the book in one turn.

shaikujin
2013-09-18, 11:25 PM
I'm also going through the entire post and listing out all the submitted builds.

Might be a good first step.

In any case, it'll be a nice to have a consolidated list of the builds.

And maybe the consolidated rules as well