PDA

View Full Version : "Half-Orc Warlock 3.5 Construct Army question/help"

XxMetalxHeadxX
2013-09-17, 01:57 AM
Okay, So I just rerolled in this campaign I'm in from my hexblade who kinda crashed and burned and needed DM intervention like 2-3 times already, but that aside I have I have some ideas for this character I've been trying to make for a long time now and I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to go about doing it.

Right now my character Negrim is starting out as a Desert Half-Orc warlock with an intermediate bloodline(the feets that i took in the line that realy matter is the craft magic weapon/armor and wonderous item but thats subject to change coming up). Basicly most people in this campaign have cool long term goals and I want one of my own.

I want to make an alchemical/Golem/Construct army of some sort, it was suggested that I try to make shield guardians by my DM if i wanted some sort of long term goal to compete with my fellows who 1 is becoming a rank 1 demigod through divine followers and the other a Lich through the class dread necromancer.

The back story behind my character is that I'm a half-orc who was born to a female orc who took a human prisoner in battle and basically had me. Years later shes dead from illness, father is out of the picture/dead, I was basically raised in the village by the village which is headed by my Grandfather/Chieftain/Spiritual leader who then scars and exiles me when I try to obtain a higher standing in the village, so I can't return till I've become stronger.

Anyways, years later I feel that I am being tested by Gruumsh and I am looking for gnomes to gain alchemical knowledge and any means to increase my power, my new goal is to obtain as much power as possible and unite as many orc tribes and one day to become a spiritual leader to the orcs to take land and bring orcs into a new age wielding power not necessarily magic trickery, just power. In this campaign btw the gnomes have mysteriously gone missing and they are far and few.

So my big question is, If i want to make an army, preferably construct cause I feel that fits my character lore best, what and how is the best way of doing it? Should I be rushing to imbue item? I originally was going to go hellfire warlock, but if I do that with my intermediate bloodline I cant get imbue item till level 17, this is probably going to be an epic campaign so its not that big of a deal, but its still a long time, I can probably win favor with an orc clan we currently have allied to the main party's home nation/city and I may be able to get them to make me their leader of some sort, however I still Just am not really sure how to go about with the crafting and binding and the xp costs and multi classing and such.

~Thanks

Sian
2013-09-17, 02:11 AM
ehh ... what system are we speaking of ... some things seems like they're suggesting 3.5, some suggests Pathfinder

XxMetalxHeadxX
2013-09-17, 03:48 AM
yeah sorry, 3.5