PDA

View Full Version : Savage Species to 3.5 question ?

SolioFebalas
2013-09-17, 03:28 AM
There are Feral template (+1 LA), what do you think will be the actual LA in 3.5 (seems to me it's too powerful for +1 LA) ?

Arael666
2013-09-17, 05:53 AM
Increasing it to +2 seems a bit harsh, I would either reduce a few of the perks (hit dice and fast healing for instance) or increase them, to justify a higher LA.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2013-09-17, 09:27 AM
I just leave it as +1. It's not really that much better than Mineral Warrior, Vecna-Blooded or Lloth-Touched, and it doesn't have the SLAs to justify 2 LA.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-17, 12:01 PM
There are Feral template (+1 LA), what do you think will be the actual LA in 3.5 (seems to me it's too powerful for +1 LA) ?
It's strong for +1 LA, but not unreasonably so. Perhaps you didn't notice that there are two template progression tables. The Special Qualities are granted for all Hit Dice, but the Special Attacks are only granted for monster (i.e., racial) Hit Dice.

SolioFebalas
2013-09-18, 04:32 AM
It's strong for +1 LA, but not unreasonably so. Perhaps you didn't notice that there are two template progression tables. The Special Qualities are granted for all Hit Dice, but the Special Attacks are only granted for monster (i.e., racial) Hit Dice.

I know that i missed something, without Special Attacks it's well enough for +1 LA. Thanks.