PDA

View Full Version : [PF] In dire need of Advice about my campaign!

Krazzman
2013-09-17, 05:51 AM
Hello again fellow playgrounders,

as a relatively fresh DM I still have Problems when it comes to Encounter Design, Sense and combining Story/Plot Points.

The Campaign is centered around a semi-related to Faerun world, as in Rashemen is actually more barbaric than usual and the Players are in a Tribe of mixed Heritages.

The Players:
We recently switched to the Spell point variant in UA, Party is level 6.
Human Barbarian/Oracle (3/3)
Human Witch
Half-Frostelven Druid with Weather Domain
Frostelven Swift Huntress (Ranger with updated 3.5 Scout mix + the feat) and a Timberlion Animal Companion.
Half Orcish Samurai (Ronin) [still without his wolf]

The core party was the Barbarian, Witch and Huntress. They tracked some Kobolds that lead the Tribe to an abandoned Dwarven mine/forge/brewery and were later sent to the Thay border to stop a Wendigo from fully evolving.

On their way to there they stayed in a Tainted Cabin where the "pictures" they saw were actually windows which creeped them a bit out. On their way back they stubled upon a Victorian-style House that trapped them inside and led them to some weird stuff. They met/rescued the Druid there and the Barbarian drank from a Bottle of Innocent-Blood-Wine (Wine out of Children's blood) and is now haunted by a Pink-Plush-Teddy. Granting him in the case of imminent death a Bloodshield and giving them a Quest to rescue said children (detailed in another thread a few weeks ago).

They escaped the house and went back to the tribe, which was attacked by "Frostninjas" as in Elemental Fist Monks with Sorcerer Levels and tried to stop them ressurecting their chief. They are lead by an Elder White Dragon for which I will use a pregenerated adventure (something about a frozen Tower, unsure, have it on my Harddrive somewhere).
On their way back they stopped a mad Elementalist Wizard from transforming fully into a Fireelemental and free'd a Janni in the Process as well as obtaining the Wardbreaker a Silent Hammer(being a Locksmiths Hammer) that casts a Targeted Dispel Magic & Knock on things enhanced by Arcane Lock or similar 1/day.

Then they were abducted and imprisoned by Drow and made a Prisonbreak and are currently in the Plane of Shadow to help the Fey (who have a Non Combat Pact with the Vampires there) stop a new Vampirelord that tries to lock Rashemen in a Forceprison with his new colleagues, the "Frostninjas".

They are currently in the Vampire's castle and this is where I begin to have problems adding it together better.

My current rough draft up of what the party will face in the future(in no real order of when what will happen):
* Kill said Vampire (young Template), enable the Seasons in Rashemen again due to no longer being detached from the material plane.
* Go Dragonslaying (they already killed a Young White Dragon)
* Stop the Clan of Frostninjas and their Dragon overlord
* Stop the Invading Orc Armies (maybe combined with the Drow/vampires and Frostninjas) from the Frozen North
* Stop more plans of the Drow
* Release the bound souls of the Children that were used in the making of the wine.
* Some classic Dungeoncrawling for a certain McGuffin of still unknown importance
* Fight the Epic Illusionist Wizard that wants to conquer Toril and enslave everyone trough the Ultimate Illusion (tm).

But I don't know what to add since the Barbarian got the Bloodshield, the Huntress has a Chance(near the 100% mark, except if they die) of getting a Shadowbow in the Vampires Castle (the former Vampire lord that resided there killed a Fey Arcane Archer and took his Bow before the NCP). And I don't want the others to feel left out of nice goodies.
The Samurai will probably get an Ancestral Armor piece by piece for which I have no real stats at the moment... as well as the Druid and Witch getting something unique.

I would appreciate any input about what I wrote so far, how I can combine or add to it, how to write it down or how to explain it for them (please keep in mind we play in German so plays on words or some riddles just don't work in most cases).

Thanks in advance,
Krazzman.