PDA

View Full Version : Increasing readied maneuvers for warblade

Shambolaz
2013-09-17, 03:23 PM
In the Tome of Battle, there are feats to increase readied manuevers (Extra Granted Maneuver and Extra Readied Maneuver), but only for crusader and swordsage. Does anybody know of any way to increase this for warblades?

DeAnno
2013-09-17, 03:34 PM
Sort of a fake answer, but dip into Swordsage or Crusader to have their maneuver systems running in parallel to the Warblade. You essentially end up with a ton more maneuvers readied at the cost of some of them being rather lower level.

Shambolaz
2013-09-17, 04:08 PM
Dang I was hoping some sort of weird Monster Manual feat (Increased Special Abilities? idk) would work.

Gigas Breaker
2013-09-17, 04:47 PM
There is also Master of Nine if you want to jump through all those hoops.

Tvtyrant
2013-09-17, 04:56 PM
Get the items which allow you to ready a maneuver each? If you get one of each type you get 9 extra attack readied, and you can recover them all between fights.

Snowbluff
2013-09-17, 07:48 PM
Master of Nine is your best bet.

Get the items which allow you to ready a maneuver each? If you get one of each type you get 9 extra attack readied, and you can recover them all between fights.

I don't think these give you extra slots.

Shambolaz
2013-09-17, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, folks. If I'm reading Master of Nine right, you get +1 additional maneuver readied with each level, which looks pretty good. Weird entry requirements though.

Snowbluff
2013-09-17, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, folks. If I'm reading Master of Nine right, you get +1 additional maneuver readied with each level, which looks pretty good. Weird entry requirements though.
Some Feat Rogue and a Swordsage dip should help.

Tvtyrant
2013-09-17, 11:27 PM
Master of Nine is your best bet.

I don't think these give you extra slots.

If it didn't give you slots then they couldn't be used by none-martial adepts, which it explicitly calls out as being able to be used by.

Snowbluff
2013-09-17, 11:29 PM
If it didn't give you slots then they couldn't be used by none-martial adepts, which it explicitly calls out as being able to be used by.

They act as encounter abilities for non-initiators, like if you had the feat.

Big Fau
2013-09-18, 06:47 AM
Martial Study technically does it, and if your DM allows PH2's retraining rules it's actually quite good at it.

Gigas Breaker
2013-09-18, 07:04 AM
Martial Study technically does it, and if your DM allows PH2's retraining rules it's actually quite good at it.

It looks to me like it does it only if you take it before taking any initiator classes and then the maneuver can never be refreshed in battle.

Person_Man
2013-09-18, 08:16 AM
Master of Nine is generally considered a terrible prestige class. You're wasting a ton of resources on cruddy Feats and multi-classing in order to add flexibility. But the flexibility you're adding is a lot weaker then just getting access to higher level maneuvers the normal way. It's basically the Mystic Theurge of the ToB.

Anywho, I would just encourage you to embrace the maneuver limitation of the Warblade, and play it strait. Strikes are more or less interchangable. Sure, some strikes are better then others in certain situations. But they all boil down to - do a bunch of damage plus maybe a status effect. So if you ready 1-4 strikes, 1-2 counters, and maybe 1 boost, and just burn through them, then recover them all with a normal attack routine if necessary, you'll be fine.