PDA

View Full Version : Favorite D&D Adventure Path?

Libertad
2013-09-17, 08:01 PM
Any Edition or retroclone, official or third-party. Tell me of adventure paths that you particularly enjoyed.

The Shackled City is one of the only 2 APs I ran to completion (the other being Age of Worms). It was at a time when we were all relatively new players, and as such the challenges were tough yet not easily trounced due to excessive min-maxing on their part.

Furthermore, I really enjoyed the environs of the city of Cauldron, and how the majority of the campaign centered around that location instead of moving from one place to another. A central town encouraged the PCs to set up stakes in the city and develop a vested interest in the welfare of its people. You didn't just stop at any roadside tavern or magic item shop, you knew the owners and patrons

In hindsight, there were some flaws in the adventure (not well-built opponents), but it still has a special place in my heart.

What about you?

UndertakerSheep
2013-09-18, 04:53 AM
I've run only one adventure path: The Drow War. It was awesome, even though we only did the first half of the first book (1/6 of the entire campaign). Since then, I play most of my drow npcs as stereotypical Nazis.

I'm now looking for a group to run the new Paizo AP for: Wrath of the Righteous. It looks awesome.

Eldan
2013-09-18, 05:53 AM
I've read into Age of Worms, Red Hand of Doom and Shackled City and neither of them seemed very interesting, so I didn't run them.

I am running Modron March currently. Though it's a very loose adventure path, I'm running more side quests than the actual adventures and those I do run, I've rewritten until they are barely recognizable. Dead Gods will be awesome, though, once I get there.