PDA

View Full Version : Under the Moons of Mars (board game)

Jolly Steve
2013-09-17, 10:01 PM
I’m currently developing a single-player board game, provisionally titled Under the Moons of Mars.

As the name implies, it's set on a fictional version of the planet Mars, similar to the Mars described in Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series.

I've done a playable, online draft version, and I'd be interested in getting any feedback on the rules.

The game is here (http://www.apolitical.info/private/mars). If you're interested in following the game's progress, my blog is here (http://apolitical.info/teleleli).

Domochevsky
2013-09-18, 12:09 PM
Hm... certainly interesting and pretty easy to grasp to get started, but maybe a bit too much luck/dice based for my personal taste. :smallsmile:

Meanwhile... I got 12 followers. I roll a 1 on the food table, so they go through all 14 units of food I have and lose 24 points of morale? What? Seems like a calculation error. :smallconfused:

Also, the "Thaads To Go" seems a bit out of whack, compared to the days allocated to make it. Especially when you chose to go around the, ever present, green martians you can easily add 14 to that, negating whatever you did in the last 10 days.

Died to green martials, with 59 "Thaads" to go on day 22. So that's that. vov

(Luck and such. Seems like a strong component in that game, no doubt. That's not for me. >_> )

Jolly Steve
2013-09-24, 02:37 AM
Meanwhile... I got 12 followers. I roll a 1 on the food table, so they go through all 14 units of food I have and lose 24 points of morale? What? Seems like a calculation error. :smallconfused:

I meant to make a note explaining this, but rolling a 1 on the food table is meant to indicate some kind of temporary madness, where they frantically eat all the food you have.

Maybe I should change this to 'eat all the food you have or 1 food per follower, whichever is the larger'?

Also, the "Thaads To Go" seems a bit out of whack, compared to the days allocated to make it. Especially when you chose to go around the, ever present, green martians you can easily add 14 to that, negating whatever you did in the last 10 days.

It's meant to force you to not always go round them.

Thanks for the feedback!