PDA

View Full Version : Help with a wizard based Dweomerkeeper

Sitting Duck
2013-09-18, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone,

It's my first post, apart from the greetings board so forgive me any utter terror that I may evidence. I have a question to ask the august and noble personages gathered here about the route one could take to becoming a Dweomer Keeper from a wizard based character.

Firstly I have read builds going the cleric route taking domain magic and a whole lot of complicated steps , but for flavor reasons I cannot start off as a cleric. Its basically a post apocalypse world without clerical magic and I have the honor to be the only one (as of yet, my DM has not informed me of others) who can manifest them, specifically due to my interest and use in magic and its link to the goddess of magic.

So my biggest question so far, is how far should I go along the wizard route, and what starting feats( I am a human) should I choose. I would like to be as functional , but not necessarily optimized as possible. Also should I consider specializing? I didn't like the idea, but it might work out more streamlined.

Captnq
2013-09-18, 10:49 AM
Well... Mystic Ranger/Mystic Theurge Cheese can get you casting 5th level spells by 7th. Highly cheesy.

Even without Mystic Thurge allowing you to double your casting ability for every level of MT, Wizard:1, Mystic Ranger: 4 with the feat Sword of The Arcane order will get you ALMOST everything, except for the domain.

A 5th level sorcerer can use the ACF: DOMAIN ACCESS, but you need to be a 5th level sorcerer to qualify.

Now, I'm not sure if the DM would allow this, but ARCANE DISCIPLE [GENERAL] would give you access to the SPELLS, however, I'm not sure if they would count as Domain Access.

If you can get full access to ANY domain, you can take HERETIC OF THE FAITH to change it out for any other domain, including magic.

That's all that jumps to mind.

Roguenewb
2013-09-18, 01:29 PM
A 1 level dip in Cloistered Cleric is pretty good for everyone. You believe in "Ordered Magic" and take the Domains Magic and Planning. Magic does nothing for you, but is required for the class, and Planning nets you Extend Spell, good even if you don't go for Persistant Spell. Trade Knowledge Domain for Knowledge Devotion. You could also believe in "Arcane Travel" and trade Travel for travel devotion, if you like. "Magic Trickery" and "Magic Undeath" also come to mind.

From there, you can use Practiced Spellcaster (Cleric) to grab Divine Defiance, if you're feeling sassy. Take 10 levels of Dweomerkeeper, and Spice with 4 levels of Incantatrix and end with Commoner 1, because you don't need more power. If you wanna be king of kinglyness, get CC 1/Wizard4/Dweomerkeeper8/Incantatrix 3/Shadowcraft Mage 3/Archmage 1. There's so much power in that build that my spleen has ruptured.

Zanfire
2013-09-18, 02:17 PM
Now, I'm not sure if the DM would allow this, but ARCANE DISCIPLE [GENERAL] would give you access to the SPELLS, however, I'm not sure if they would count as Domain Access.

Planar Touchstone: Catalogs of Enlightenment would give you acces to the domain granted power. I've seen this combination used before to count as having a domain for prerequisites.

Also if you need domain spell slots a dip in Holt Warden will give you that and the plant domain.