PDA

View Full Version : Artificer+wizard prestige class?

Yogibear41
2013-09-18, 09:57 AM
Is there a prestige class that would advance both artificer casting/crafting and wizard casting? Something similar to ultimate magus I suppose. I don't think there is one but I figured I would check just in case.

Story
2013-09-18, 10:07 AM
Not that I know of. Prcs based on systems that only appear in a supplement are highly unlikely unless they appear in the same book (like Anima Mage) since the authors can't assume you have any other noncore books. Though in the case of Eberron, presumably each Eberron book assumes you have the ECS.

Tvtyrant
2013-09-18, 01:55 PM
I don't think one exists, and it would be incredibly powerful if it did. The Artificer already gets +2 to CL for making items, meaning they get 9th level spells at level 15. Makes double 9s really easy to manage.

Roguenewb
2013-09-18, 02:16 PM
That would be pretty cool, especially if over ten levels, you got like 8 wizard casting and 6 artificer crafting.

To the homebrew forum!!

Yogibear41
2013-09-18, 05:29 PM
I don't think one exists, and it would be incredibly powerful if it did. The Artificer already gets +2 to CL for making items, meaning they get 9th level spells at level 15. Makes double 9s really easy to manage.

Keep in mind that the class would most likely require at least 2nd level spells from both classes. So before entering it would probably look like artificer4/wizard3. Which shoots the artificers caster level in the foot so his +2 to CL would basically just help even out the loss.

Tvtyrant
2013-09-18, 05:51 PM
Keep in mind that the class would most likely require at least 2nd level spells from both classes. So before entering it would probably look like artificer4/wizard3. Which shoots the artificers caster level in the foot so his +2 to CL would basically just help even out the loss.

With early entry tricks you get full Artificer and almost full wizard, which is strictly better than either individually.

Yogibear41
2013-09-18, 07:12 PM
Even with early entry the PRC would cap out at 10 levels, so by time you got to high levels it would end up being the same more or less anyway.