PDA

View Full Version : Putting negative levels on those immune

ZamielVanWeber
2013-09-18, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know of any ways (items would be the coolest) of bypassing the immunity to negative levels that undead and constructs have?

I might be using a Soul Eater and am curious how to keep my class features working vs those guys.

Chronos
2013-09-18, 04:04 PM
I don't think anything is immune to the negative level from wielding a weapon of the wrong alignment. Might be difficult to use offensively, though.

molten_dragon
2013-09-18, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know of any ways (items would be the coolest) of bypassing the immunity to negative levels that undead and constructs have?

I might be using a Soul Eater and am curious how to keep my class features working vs those guys.

The cleric/druid spell spark of life will remove an undead creature's immunity negative levels.

The only way I can think of to do it to a construct is to use polymorph any object to turn them into something that isn't a construct any more.

Chronos
2013-09-18, 07:59 PM
For a living construct specifically, you can use Humanoid Essence or Greater Humanoid Essence, which work similarly to Spark of Life. I don't think they work for nonliving constructs, though.

Snowbluff
2013-09-18, 08:01 PM
I am interested in this thread. I am hashing out eating people for benefit, and Something3/Vampire1/Lifedrinker/Souleater1 is something I've been considering.

ShurikVch
2013-09-20, 09:27 AM
I don't think they work for nonliving constructs, though.
Why?
Despite being thematically related to Eberron's warfoged, RAW don't say anything about living construct.
Target: Construct touched

Chronos
2013-09-20, 10:53 AM
Obviously I was misremembering them. I think I might have been mixing them up with Construct Essence.