PDA

View Full Version : Increasing size to gargantuan

Invader
2013-09-18, 03:21 PM
If you're starting out as a large character what's the most effective way to increase your size to gargantuan so you can use the snatch feat on medium sized monsters?

Edit - I need to accomplish this through feats and magic items only.

aeauseth
2013-09-18, 03:47 PM
There's nothing preventing you from purchasing more than one belt of growth.

I presume you can't use wands, but you could buy a wand of enlarge person and ask your wand user to cast it on you.

Enlarge Person with Permenancy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/permanency.htm). I believe an NPC will charge you 50gp for every XP point they burn.

EDIT: If you include a few reasons WHY you want to be large, you might expand the responses to your inquery. There are strong arm bracers that allow you to wield larger weapons. There are bracers that give you reach. Want to be a better grappler?

Story
2013-09-18, 03:48 PM
The Ring of Reduction (LoM pg130) provides permanent Reduce Person for 20k. You might be able to get your DM to houserule an equivalent for Enlarge Person.

Edit: Permanency is a lot cheaper and less dubious.

Invader
2013-09-18, 05:07 PM
EDIT: If you include a few reasons WHY you want to be large

Because I'd like to be larger than my current size category :smallamused:

Qwertystop
2013-09-18, 05:10 PM
Because I'd like to be larger than my current size category :smallamused:

That's not helpful. So you want the size increase because of the increased size, not because of anything that goes along with it, like reach or weapons or prerequisites? Yeah, you're stuck.

Invader
2013-09-18, 05:31 PM
That's not helpful. So you want the size increase becauI gave e of releaseze, not because of anything that goes along with it, like reach or weapons or prerequisites? Yeah, you're stuck.

It's helpful in that all I need is a magic item that increases size. If I gave any secondary reasons all I'd get is a bunch of stuff that would do one thing and not the other. :smallwink:

OldTrees1
2013-09-18, 06:25 PM
Arcanists (arcane caster level 1+) can use Eternal Wands[Magic Item Compendium] of Enlarge Person.
[2/day 1 min each]

Gazzien
2013-09-18, 06:31 PM
There's nothing preventing you from purchasing more than one belt of growth.

I presume you can't use wands, but you could buy a wand of enlarge person and ask your wand user to cast it on you.

Enlarge Person with Permenancy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/permanency.htm). I believe an NPC will charge you 50gp for every XP point they burn.

EDIT: If you include a few reasons WHY you want to be large, you might expand the responses to your inquery. There are strong arm bracers that allow you to wield larger weapons. There are bracers that give you reach. Want to be a better grappler?It's only 5gp/XP, afaik.

Invader
2013-09-18, 06:42 PM
Arcanists (arcane caster level 1+) can use Eternal Wands[Magic Item Compendium] of Enlarge Person.
[2/day 1 min each]

The character in question isn't a caster that won't work.

Invader
2013-09-18, 09:21 PM
Currently I'm large sized, if I take an enlarge person potion I'd be huge, what can I add to that toincrease my size to gargantuan if I wanted to use the snatch feat on medium sized creatures?

OldTrees1
2013-09-18, 09:31 PM
Wow that is ambitious.

There is a 7th level Wu Jen only spell (Giant Size)[Complete Arcana] that changes your size to Huge/Gargantuan/Colossal at cl 1st/16th/19th.

If you made a use activated item of that then it could work.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-18, 11:31 PM
The most efficient method is getting 7th level Psychic Warrior Manifesting and the Expansion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/expansion.htm)Power. This could be achieved with 7 levels of Psychic Warrior, 3 levels and Practiced Manifestor, or 1 level and 2 Practiced Manifestor, or any combination of Psychic Warrior and a Psionic PrC that extends manifesting, up till you have ML 7. More levels in a manifestor class is better, for more PP, but how much you need depends on how often you want to be Gargantuan.

Invader
2013-09-19, 04:55 AM
The most efficient method is getting 7th level Psychic Warrior Manifesting and the Expansion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/expansion.htm)Power. This could be achieved with 7 levels of Psychic Warrior, 3 levels and Practiced Manifestor, or 1 level and 2 Practiced Manifestor, or any combination of Psychic Warrior and a Psionic PrC that extends manifesting, up till you have ML 7. More levels in a manifestor class is better, for more PP, but how much you need depends on how often you want to be Gargantuan.

My build is all set so basically I need a way to do it with magic items at this point.

Lord Haart
2013-09-19, 07:27 AM
Psionic tattoos of augmented Expansion. Somewhat costly (because augmentation), but more limiting is "you can't have more than 20 of them on your body" rule. Or custom item of continuous augmented Expansion.

Darrin
2013-09-19, 09:32 AM
Polymorph any object from a 15th level caster costs 1200 GP. Cast it twice (2400 GP) and the duration is permanent. Unfortunately, it's also still dispellable, but there are ways to discourage that (mostly Spellblades).

Phylactery of Change (11200 GP, A&EG) also offers all-day polymorph up to 7HD.

Chronos
2013-09-19, 09:58 AM
You can't take Practiced Manifester more than once for any given class, so you'd always need at least three actual levels for that to work. You could get Use Psionic Device (probably cross-class) and use a dorje of Expansion, or you could try to negotiate an easier-to-use custom item with your DM.

Vaz
2013-09-19, 10:27 AM
Tauric Goliath/Low HD large Quadruped makes you Large Size, counting as Huge. Psychic Warrior 2 grants you Expansion, to become Gargantuan, while PsyWar 6 lets you Augment up to Colossal.

Alternatively, a Wu Jen 5/Cleric 5/Mystic Theurge 8 gets you Giant Size and Greater Consumptive Field. Early entry tricks nets you a few more levels to get Incantatrix to Persist it.

Invader
2013-09-19, 10:52 AM
Again my race and class are already set, I need feats and magic items to accomplish it.

If I'm large to start then drink an enlarge potion, are there then an feats that treat me as 1 size larger for grappling purposes that would allow my to use the snatch feat on medium creatures?

OldTrees1
2013-09-19, 11:00 AM
Wait, do you want snatch for the squeezing or for the carrying/flinging?
I think only the squeezing has the (3-4 sizes larger) size restriction.

Chronos
2013-09-19, 11:41 AM
Also note that Enlarge Person, in whatever form you get it, only works on humanoids. I don't know what race you are, but most naturally-large races are giants, or maybe monstrous humanoids, not humanoids.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-09-19, 11:54 AM
If you wanted a magic item or feat-based way to increase or effectively increase your size 2 categories and that race and level options are not viable, you should have specified that. We can only help you as much as the information you give us. That said, you need an item of Augmented Expansion, as there is no other way to go up 2 size categories. The only way to increase your effective size is through Jotunbrund or Powerful Build, and all size increasing magics and items don't stack.

Invader
2013-09-19, 01:18 PM
If you wanted a magic item or fear-based. way to increase or effectively increase your size 2 categories and that race and level options are not viable, you should have specified that. We can only help you as much as the information you give us. That said, you need an item of Augmented Expansion, as there is no other way to go up 2 size categories. The only way to increase your effective size is through Jotunbrund or Powerful Build, and all size increasing magics and items don't stack.

I stated that it needed to be magic items twice after my initial post :smallconfused:

Edit* Actually 3 counting the last one.

Edited for clarity though.