PDA

View Full Version : i need an opinion

blelliot
2013-09-18, 03:55 PM
what if one was to combine the oriental adventures samurai and the complete warrior samurai? would that make the class overpowering? Im not talking the tier system, I just want to hear everyone else's opinion on whether this is a good idea or not. Im trying to build an psuedooriental country for this new world im building. Thanks everyone!

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-09-18, 03:58 PM
I'd say you could easily combine the two without becoming anything close to overpowered except in the lowest-optimization games imaginable. They don't interact to grant any odd combos or any incredibly high numbers, and both are, on their own, pretty terrible classes.

In conclusion? Go for it!

AKA_Bait
2013-09-18, 05:00 PM
I'd say you could easily combine the two without becoming anything close to overpowered except in the lowest-optimization games imaginable. They don't interact to grant any odd combos or any incredibly high numbers, and both are, on their own, pretty terrible classes.

In conclusion? Go for it!

Agreed. Shouldn't be anything resembling overpowered. Frankly, if I were you, I'd just fluff up a warblade if it's a PC and the full spell casting classes are also about.

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-18, 05:05 PM
A OA Samurai/CW Samurai gestalt would be... decently okay. Better than either alone, obviously. Not sure if it's as good as a Fighter though.

I do kinda agree with using Warblades (or possibly Swordsages, but they don't get Iron Heart) for samurai, though. Diamond Mind and Iron Heart are both decently 'samurai-ish'. As a bonus, they both treat bastard swords as discipline weapons - and Diamond Mind even explicitly calls them katana.